Royal Gossip
September 24, 2018, 03:09:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 43949 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #480 on: July 09, 2018, 07:52:13 pm »

The colour looks completely wrong and jars with everyone else’s outfits. Deliberately trying to draw attention to herself? And why does every outfit every time have to be bespoke? She’s the wife of the spare l, not the main event.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #481 on: July 09, 2018, 08:03:50 pm »

OMG! You mean she's NOT the star of the world?! Shocking!! Tongue
sandy
Princess

« Reply #482 on: July 09, 2018, 08:11:00 pm »

It's not an attention grabbing outfit. It's perfectly OK. Kate though wearing white is a bit much IMO. And it looks like she borrowed one of princess margaret's old hats from the sixties.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #483 on: July 09, 2018, 08:17:17 pm »

She can wear white. It’s her son’s christening.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #484 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:08 pm »

We get it - Meghan is dressed better than anyone else, in fact, everyone else's outfit must be criticized a lot so that saint Meghan's outfit is better than everyone else's.

The outfit is a copycat of Angelina Jolie's but with a flying saucer hat. Olive green is not in the colors of this season so - it's blah. Doesn't look bad but it doesn't look good too. Most women stayed with off white or pale blue. I think there was a dress code or something. But of course - Meghan must try to stand out, being oh so pretty and all that.

Now, about Kate's outfit .. it is pretty nice and DM already spotted that she's having the same style as on the other christenings. Yes, it's white. Camila's outfit is white too. They will both be queens. Future queens wear white on christenings. This has nothing to do with taste or color preferences.

Pipa's dress is one size bigger. It doesn't fit around her chest and the sleeves are too long but my wild guess is that this is so that the dress fits her belly and she doesn't wear maternity clothes too soon.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:44 pm »

I think a pastel shade  would have been better for Kate IMO . I've been to Christenings and the mothers do not wear white. I don't get why Camilla wore white. Upstage the mum perhaps? Odd.

Oh please Meghan's not a saint. Her dress is OK, the color maybe could have been lighter but it was acceptable.

Meghan's dress did not make her stand out, in fact it was less noticeable than others she has worn.

I have seen other royal christenings in photographs and there is no rule that the future Queens Must wear white. Princess Diana didn't at the Christenings of her sons. It is no tradition. Camilla tries to wear white to a lot of things though. I think Kate's tradition is to wear white but it is not mandatory. I never heard of such a "rule."

Pippa's dress is ill fitting. Is she having a boy, it's blue blue blue for her lately.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:25:11 pm by sandy » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #486 on: July 09, 2018, 09:42:57 pm »

Suede in summer, on top of that it's hot as heck in London these days.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2018, 09:44:31 pm »

Guess what, guys?  This isn’t the christening thread!  Reel it in.  Tx, YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
dianab
Countess

« Reply #488 on: July 09, 2018, 10:19:38 pm »

We get it - Meghan is dressed better than anyone else, in fact, everyone else's outfit must be criticized a lot so that saint Meghan's outfit is better than everyone else's.

The outfit is a copycat of Angelina Jolie's but with a flying saucer hat. Olive green is not in the colors of this season so - it's blah. Doesn't look bad but it doesn't look good too. Most women stayed with off white or pale blue. I think there was a dress code or something. But of course - Meghan must try to stand out, being oh so pretty and all that.

Now, about Kate's outfit .. it is pretty nice and DM already spotted that she's having the same style as on the other christenings. Yes, it's white. Camila's outfit is white too. They will both be queens. Future queens wear white on christenings. This has nothing to do with taste or color preferences.

Pipa's dress is one size bigger. It doesn't fit around her chest and the sleeves are too long but my wild guess is that this is so that the dress fits her belly and she doesn't wear maternity clothes too soon.
I found her very chic here. All of them (Camilla, Meghan, Kate, Pippa and Carole) are cunning social climbers (with AWFUL skin) but meghan was hands down the best dressed in this christening IMO.

I like kate outfit in charlotte christening, at this one and at george's  thumbsdown
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:22:28 pm by dianab » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2018, 06:22:27 pm »

RAF 100th

Dress
Bespoke Dior Navy Midi

Shoes 
Bespoke Christian Dior Suede Heels

Hat
Stephen Jones Swirl Fascinator

Clutch
Bespoke Christian Dior Navy Clutch
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/memorial-events/meghan-harry-join-the-royal-family-for-raf-100/

Royal Visit Ireland day1 

Skirt
GIVENCHY
patch pocket pencil skirt

Blouse
Green Givenchy blouse,

Tote
Strathberry Midi  in Tan
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-tours/meghan-harry-arrive-in-dublin/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2018, 09:25:55 pm »

^How the heck does one get a bespoke garment and it is still ill-fitting?? Someone, please make this make sense for me!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2018, 09:52:44 pm »

Possibly it is the fabric. Silk and satin like fabrics are difficult to work with.

We need an article on the DM with the prices of this outfits. Meghan in one month may win Kate last year expenses.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #492 on: July 10, 2018, 10:27:48 pm »

I think she's merching these clothes and whether they fit her unusual body or not - it doesn't matter much.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #493 on: July 11, 2018, 12:35:49 am »

Possibly it is the fabric. Silk and satin like fabrics are difficult to work with.

We need an article on the DM with the prices of this outfits. Meghan in one month may win Kate last year expenses.

DM has no clue about what was paid for those outfits. Kate does not come cheap. She is high maintenance pretending to be low maintenance. I'm not buying Kate's 'Thrifty' act. At least someone must have told Kate that a third Christening spectacular was not going to happen.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #494 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:29 am »

Royal Visit Ireland day1  

Skirt
GIVENCHY

Blouse
Green Givenchy blouse,

Tote
Strathberry Midi  in Tan

Garden party

Bespoke Emilia Wickstead Black Dress
http://meghansmirror.com/product/bespoke-emilia-wickstead-black-dress/

Deneuve Bow Pointy Toe Pump

SATIN CLUTCH WITH JEWELRY CLASP
https://www.givenchy.com/america/en/satin-clutch-with-jewelry-clasp/BB5014B02F-001.html

I like the dress she had on for the 100th RAF and the evening garden party

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #495 on: July 11, 2018, 02:13:44 am »

I like colour so wearing dark clothing doesn't really do it for me. I did love the navy blue Dior outfit and hat for the RAF ceremonies though, very chic, also the dark green travel two piece and the evening LBD at the Embassy reception. Emilia Wickstead is forgiven, then!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2018, 04:13:23 pm »

Omid Scobie @scobie
As I revealed on @GMA, Meghan’s friend and style collaborator Jessica Mulroney quietly flew in to London last week for final prep on her #RoyalVisitIreland wardrobe as well as styling that stunning @Brandonmaxwell dress, #RAF100 @Dior look and @RalphLauren christening outfit.

The Duchess and her designer Dublin wardrobe! Meghan dazzles in £17,000 worth of high-end labels in the space of just three hours on day two of her royal visit to Ireland with Harry

Meghan's second and final day in Dublin got off to a busy start performing two engagements before lunch time - and her wardrobe was equally busy.

The Duchess of Sussex wore two outfits in the space of an hour and a half, in the form of an estimated total of £17,04 worth of designer labels.

The newly-minted royal, 36, looked typically glamorous as she kicked off the day in a dress by French designer Roland Mouret for a visit to the official residence of President Michael D Higgins.

Meghan is a known friend of Mouret's and wore a £1,350 version of her dress today on the eve of her nuptials, the one worn this morning is strikingly similar and has an estimated cost of £1,500.

When it came to her accessories the newly-wedded royal stuck simple black accents in the form of a suede shoe and an oversize black leather tote by designer Fendi - costing an eye-watering £3,850.00.

She did showcase a flash of bling with a pair of elegant diamond earrings at a cost of £6,886 from Birks as she took Harry's arm before meeting the president.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5941493/Meghan-Markle-wears-17-000-wardrobe-just-three-hours-Dublin.html

Royal Visit Ireland day 2

Meeting with President Michael Higgins at his residence Aras an Uachtarain.

Dress
Roland Mouret Bespoke Taupe DressHeel

Shoes
Black suede Paul Andrew “Shakti” pumps

Purse
Black Fendi Peekaboo Essentials bag

Sports pitch and the cultural centers

Suit
Bespoke Givenchy Wool Tuxedo Suit

Belt
Givenchy Black 2G Buckle Belt

Heels
Sarah Flint Perfect Pumps

Purse
Givenchy GV3 Frame bag in black leather
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-tours/meghan-harry-sussex-ireland-visit/

I like the suit she had on and the dress would have looked much better if it was in a jewel tone
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:17:40 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #497 on: July 11, 2018, 05:23:44 pm »

The Douchess is going to be far too expensive to keep.  Who does she really think she is?  The next Queen Consort?  thumbsdown

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2018, 08:13:43 pm »

Meghan Antoinette. At least Marie Antoinette was a queen. I can't wait until Kate is back from maternity leave and her kids start to grow up. Meghan will fade into irrelevancy!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:20 pm »

@MeghansMirror
A little update on yesterday’s #RAF100 ensemble! @Dior confirms that Meghan’s dress and bag are black, not navy as we all originally thought.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh1A9USUcAIV6NL.jpg

RAF 100th

Dress
Bespoke Dior Black
Shoes 
Bespoke Christian Dior Suede Heels

Hat
Stephen Jones Swirl Fascinator

Clutch
Bespoke Christian Dior Navy Clutch
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/memorial-events/meghan-harry-join-the-royal-family-for-raf-100/

Royal Visit Ireland day1 

Skirt
GIVENCHY

Blouse
Green Givenchy blouse,

Tote
Strathberry Midi  in Tan

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: