Royal Gossip
December 15, 2018, 11:48:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 68385 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:32 pm »

I’m just weary of her having to be different all the time.  The neckline ^ is too office-y compared with the wonky hemline.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:47 pm »

Now this is what Meg should have worn.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/19/18/4D67B3A200000578-5860911-Soprano_and_Ascot_ambassador_Natalie_Rushdie-a-43_1529428734105.jpg
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:48:03 pm by Cali San D » Logged
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:20 pm »

I have a feeling all we are going to see her in are various shades of cream and white all summer in order to keep up her bridal image.   She's Hazbeen's wife, dontcha know?

I haven't played since I stopped
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2018, 08:23:39 pm »

And so pure  bored3
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2018, 08:30:54 pm »

Meghan Markle’s Royal Ascot Triumph Happened Without a Stylist
One month into her life as a royal, Meghan is learning to walk the fine line of royal fashion requirements.

It’s the highlight of the Queen’s summer schedule, the most important date for racing aficionados, and a favorite among fashionistas, so the pressure was on for Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, when she made her debut at Royal Ascot today.

Taking her seat alongside the Countess of Wessex and opposite her husband Prince Harry and Prince Edward in the third carriage of the royal-carriage procession, which marks the opening of the royal meet, Meghan showed she has mastered two tricky feats—millinery and high-society dressing.

Having forged a close relationship with her wedding-dress designer, Clare Waight Keller, the artistic director at Givenchy, and Philip Treacy, the go-to hat maker for the royals, Meghan entrusted the formidable duo to ensure she looked picture-perfect in her buttoned-up, bias-cut, bespoke Givenchy frock, which she paired with the elegant head piece which met the strict royal-enclosure prerequisites. After being blasted by the hard-to-please fashion brigade over the $5,490 Oscar de la Renta wrap dress she wore to a society wedding over the weekend, Meghan was taking no chances Tuesday.

Palace sources say she doesn’t have a stylist, and Vanity Fair understands the Duchess personally asked Waight Keller to dress her for today. Looking stylish while remaining comfortable at Ascot can be challenging, but the elegant dress in Meghan’s favorite colors, white and black, was deemed an all-around success. The Duchess certainly seemed confident and at ease at her very first procession, a month to the day after she and Harry paraded in a state carriage following their Windsor wedding.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/meghan-markle-no-stylist

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2018, 08:43:35 pm »

^^^ "Hazbeen" laugh laugh thumbsup
^^^ & ^^ Excellent observation, I agree. It's a literal "whitewashing".
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:13 pm »

^^ Not surprised that she doesn't have a stylist. It would be more surprising if she did, given the way she's been dressing!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2018, 12:59:54 am »

That dress was ok but wrong for this event and didn't work with that particular hat. She looks way out of place.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2018, 02:32:01 am »

Nutmeg murky Duchess of kKardashia will never really belong

The only constant is change.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2018, 03:26:09 am »

Nope, never, no way.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »

Well she's married into the family and has a title.

I see others that I won't mention here being more mismatched.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2018, 02:59:27 pm »

@ Sandy you have a point. Still she belongs less.  however that may be a credit to her

The only constant is change.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2018, 03:24:34 pm »

I like the outfit. I don't see her as out of place. She's married to a royal now so she belongs.

In a marital sense, yes, I agree.  In a Royal sense?  Not yet, that's for sure.  She's way out of her league.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2018, 06:26:20 pm »

I think in both royal and marital sense there are others who are worse. But that's for another thread.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #414 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »

FOOT LOOSE This is why Meghan Markle always wears shoes that are too big for her
After repeatedly stepping out in footwear seemingly several sizes too big, our fashion expert reveals the reason behind Meghan's peculiar habit

IF YOU were dazzled by Meghan Markle's latest Givenchy number and oh-so chic hat at Ascot this week, you probably overlooked something peculiar.

While her black leather pumps were the least remarkable part of her outfit, paying closer attention to them reveals something altogether strange about the Duchess's shoe habits - they're always far too big.
Upon closer inspection, it appears there's at least a half-centimetre gap between the back of the shoe and her heel.

You could be forgiven for thinking a super stylish millionaire wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of ill-fitting shoes.

After all, it's hardly likely they were the last pair left in the sale.

According to Fabulous fashion expert Harriet Davey: "Celebs often go a size up, or even two, in the shoe department when they're at an event or on the red carpet and it's for one reason we can all relate to - to avoid blisters.

"There's nothing worse than uncomfortable shoes (we've all been there on a night out) and when celebs like Meghan are wearing heels for a long period of time their feet can often swell up."

She explains: "The swelling can cause blisters and in the long run bunions - like long-time heel fan Victoria Beckham has been rumoured to suffer with."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6591536/meghan-markle-shoes-too-big/

Cashing in on the Meghan effect? Duchess of Sussex’s Mackage coat goes UP in price by £23 after she wore it in BelfasT
Since she stepped into the spotlight as Prince Harry's glamorous new fiancée, countless brands have profited from Meghan Markle's sartorial endorsements.

And now it seems labels could be actively cashing in on the so-called 'Meghan effect' after a coat she wore in Belfast was hiked up in price.

Shortly before her wedding to Prince Harry, the Duchess of Sussex visited Belfast wearing a $750 CAD (£427) wool coat from Canadian brand Mackage, which sold out almost immediately.

It appears the label has cashed in on its popularity by ramping up the price of the belted number by $40 CAD (£23), up to $790 CAD (£450).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5853833/Meghan-Markles-Mackage-coat-goes-price-wore-Belfast.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:49:05 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #415 on: June 22, 2018, 11:15:32 pm »

It's amazing how a few of us make comments about Megs fashion or behavior and it becomes it's own article.

How many times have some of you talked about Megs' shoes appearing a size too big.

The guess was because she was receiving free samples. Now the reason is to avoid swelling and blisters. You can't get blisters if you are wearing hosiery and she was wearing hosiery at Ascot.

My feet plop out of a pump if they are too big. I often go down a size to make sure they are snug, I don't care about swelling.  tehe

What kind of feet does this chick have?! easter-James
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2018, 01:11:37 am »

^No kidding.  If her shoes always look a half size too big when is this magical swelling happening?  Excuses, excuses. She is never ever responsible for even the slightest misstep.  Which is a bigger misstep because everyone notices it. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2018, 04:17:42 am »

Meghan Markle Plays The Royal Fashion Long Game
As she begins her new life as a royal, Meghan Markle's fashion has become, inevitably, more conservative. How it evolves will reveal much about her, and how she wishes to be seen.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-markle-plays-the-royal-fashion-long-game

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2018, 07:21:46 pm »

^At first I misread the headline as: Meghan Markle Plays The Royal Con Long Game  easter-lol
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2018, 07:47:14 pm »

^^^ & ^^^^ Exactly. Also what does it help having shoes too big? All it does is you falling out of them, tripping etc. What bs. They are freebies and that's why they are too big. It's a classic freebie side-effect. Also shoes too big create vile blisters just like too small shoes (or even perfectly fitting shoes, I have more experience with blisters than I care to recount, I get blisters from nearly any shoes! cheap, expensive, flats, heels, trainers, sandals, flip flops.......... thumbsdown sob )
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: