Royal Gossip
June 18, 2018, 03:21:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 20946 times)
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 06:55:41 pm »

So the hair looked disheveled? She just had to do something wrong.

The only constant is change.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 07:02:00 pm »

^If only that was the only thing.  But, hair wise, you tell me:  http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/09/16/47F299B700000578-5250965-image-a-25_1515513659580.jpg

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 07:10:23 pm »

At least she didn't have her hands in it.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 07:12:44 pm »

^Yeahhh, she did.  The swiping her hair behind the ear thing that kept falling out.  What a fashion leader.  The messy bun done wrong.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 07:48:47 pm »

Well well well..... There's a song by Creedence Clearwater "Bad Moon Rising" that started playing in my head when I saw that hair photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only constant is change.
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 08:11:32 pm »

She looked cute to me ( I'm kinda biased because her hair is like my wife's after a [keratin]treatment) flower flower
Points for wearing pants in January. Why is it that many royal women do not pants, especially in the winter? huh huh

NOTICE  NOTICE  NOTICE  NOTICE  NOTICE[/b]
I have sorta hijacked my wife's account ( with her attention). This royal gossiping stuff is intriguing (didn't know most of these even existed).

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 08:25:05 pm »

^ tehe

Welcome to the party.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 08:30:20 pm »

^^ Welcome!
The allergy to trousers is one of the greatest mysteries to me.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 08:49:34 pm »

It is mainly in the brf and it is also due that most of them are old and are used to skirts.

Kate could have used pants.

Still thinking this long coats do not look good on her. If we had Kate at the side she would look even smaller.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 08:59:59 pm »

^She's not that tall and when you aren't that tall, you have to be careful with long coats. If they aren't hemmed just right, you could end up looking like a Hobbit, especially next to taller people.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »

^^ Yeah it definitely is mostly the Winds.

Sophie has worn trousers, don't know how often she does it. And Kate only wears spray on jeggings.

There's another reason for the trouser aversion (just look at Charlotte's pics from yesterday, wouldn't ever dress a girl that way in such a cold!): British women wear skirts from childhood on (think school uniform), and I swear I never see as many women in dresses and skirts as in England (compared to other European countries). It is also a cultural thing. It is shyte cold and British women will wear short and fairly flimsy skirts. One English teacher of mine was for a semester at an English school and she said she froze nearly to death, whilst the other girls didn't seem to be cold at all (that was in the 1980s or so and my teacher was an exchange pupil and seems like she wasn't allowed to wear trousers as part of the school uniform then).

I don't think that many notice this or are aware of it, but German friends of mine commented on how odd it is to see women of all shapes and sizes in all kinds of weather all the time in skirts, and often not even weather appropriate skirts (say it's windy and cold, and the skirts won't be longer or of thicker material.....).

Personally I don't mind the long coat on Murkles, I've never been too strict about height rules tbh and I think often they are over done, but it is true that a shorter person in the wrong frock can look hobbit like very fast, I think I'm around M's height, ca 5'5" / 165cm?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »

There's a sarcastic post about Etiquette, Manners and Fashion with Charlotte on tumblr that is hilarious:

https://princeharryandme.tumblr.com/post/169753749981#notes

(poo goes in the toilet, bathrobes are for the bathroom  laugh )
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:35 pm »

^ easter-lol There's a photographer's (I think he's a photographer, Gary sth?) IG account and he does very similar memes, only it's George giving "useful tips" to Meggles  tehe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 01:44:13 am »

^^ laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 12:33:16 am »

Torturous regime behind Meghan’s glossy mane: Revealed by women who’ve spent years battling natural curls – who also explain why it’s such an emotional issue

Meghan Markle revealed she uses Brazilian blowouts to straighten her hair
    Siobhan Copland, 31, shared painful memories of trying to style her own curls
    She recalls being called unkind nicknames at school because of her ringlets
    Women with black and mixed-race hair shared their views on hair straightening

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5280667/Torturous-regime-Meghans-glossy-mane.html
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2018, 03:02:59 am »

^Yeahhh, she did.  The swiping her hair behind the ear thing that kept falling out.  What a fashion leader.  The messy bun done wrong.

Ugh I must have missed those pictures.   thumbsdown
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 04:14:00 pm »

Cardiff Jan 18

Coat: Stella McCartney Tie Detail Coat
https://images.harrods.com/product/stella-mccartney/tie-detail-coat_000000005808145001.jpg?dwn=612px:696px

Boots: Tabitha Simmons Kiki Boots
https://luxury.zappos.com/p/tabitha-simmons-kiki-black-velvet/product/8987166/color/113?ef_id=Vm377wAAAOwTdkIN%3A20180118145154%3As&PID=4441350&AID=10485804&utm_source=rewardStyle&splash=none&utm_medium=affiliate&cjevent=2fa25702fc6a11e782ce01400a240614_800902392936078904%3ANzfwvh1JHyfd

Jeans: Hiut Denim Dina Jeans
https://hiutdenim.co.uk/products/the-dina

Handbag: DeMellier London Mini Venice in Forest Green
https://www.demellierlondon.com/the-mini-venice.html?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=15&network=linkshare&utm_term=QFGLnEolOWg&affiliate_id=QFGLnEolOWg&siteID=QFGLnEolOWg-sC7U._54EX88tXqZY48JSQ

Earrings: Gold Star jacket-style earrings, TBC

Blazer: Theory Wool Off-The Shoulder Jacket

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 04:23:40 pm »

Emily Nash twitted the story of the makers of the pants Meghan wore today. A small Cardigan firm that operates in a town where 400 were thrown out of work when a former denim factory closed. They're about to go global.
Good that Meghan is giving this firm some publicity. The firm making the green bag she had today contributes to a kids charity too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emynash/status/954001417542529025
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »

Two thousand pounds for another wrap coat?  I don't care for it anymore either.  Plus, she's wearing out the style.  We've seen three of these things now. 

Boy, has she got a lot to learn.  And, pleeeeze.  Comb. The. Hair.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »

nice story behind the jeans pant Meghan wore .

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: