Royal Gossip
November 15, 2018, 12:42:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 60694 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #320 on: June 10, 2018, 05:04:08 pm »

^^If true, it makes sense if you're 7 years old and Harry's your father but not for a self-proclaimed independent, self-reliant, strong woman who knows her own mind.  Unless Harry is going to be the fall guy for every error she makes.  I don't think anyone's allowed to hold Sparkles responsible for anything negative. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2018, 05:08:09 pm »

That makes total sense at Harry's input is in on this. Well she is asking his opinion so you got to give her credit for that

What Yooper said ^ and if you believe it.  Personally, I don't.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2018, 05:16:47 pm »

Carrie is a very immature and somewhat disturbed man. I totally see him relishing the idea that other men are looking at his wife and wanting her sexually but he's the only one that can have her. That fits with his smoking partying hunting boorish inner Macho Man.  As someone pointed out on this thread she's supposed to be a feminist instilling inner power in women.  And she is instead promulgating being a sex object because that's how she manipulates men in spite of her want to be feminists statements. She really is a piece of work and an insult to the feminist movement. But she gave a lecture to little girls a long time ago that it's okay to look s*****

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2018, 06:28:48 pm »

^^^ Well put. I think Harry is the fall guy for her errors for now:

^^ I'm on the same page, I think it's a bit of damage control for her fails and inappropriate dressing, making it look like it has "the husband's approval" & "royal approval" and "she has help it is not really her fault", laying the blame elsewhere but with her, how very independent and grown up.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:29 pm »

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/gettyimages-970330944-1528554068.jpg

bye

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2018, 06:12:36 pm »

If they say the husband "dresses her" it sounds like something out of My Fair Lady, with Eliza getting a makeover.

His last GF dressed like a ragamuffin at times like she got the clothes out of the hamper. And I never saw Harry at fashion shows.

If Will had carte blanche over picking Kate's clothing he forgot to have the skirts weighted.

The idea that the royal husbands pick out clothes for their wives is really laughable to me, it is so ridiculous.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2018, 08:23:53 pm »

^  None of the "whatabout" excuses make it ok for a grown up woman who studied the rf for years, copied Diana down to the clothes and pose, has worked on a legal drama show where there is the pretty simple dress code: long skirts and long sleeves, pantyhose and bra on official events. How hard can it be to remember this.

And, if we play the "what about" game, what about Story Daniels. She's adult film actress, dancer and producer. Still, she shows up for shows dressed impeccably. How can an adult film star get what dress code is but MEghan still can't. Didn't Meghan come prepared - ability to smile on cue, experience with proper dressing, with her own style and clothing collection, with networking skills and amiable personality.

^^^ I think the rf is saying: we ain't sacrificing our employees' reputation for your wife. She's your problem and anything she does or doesn't do is your fault. Congrats on marrying her.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »

It would be fun to let Harry loose at a fashion show and have him sit and watch and select the best fashions. And sit back ala Pretty WOman scene approving or disapproving what Meghan wears. I think the results would be hilarious.

Dressing up for a TV show in a suit is light years from dressing for the trooping. Off Topic:  IMO There is nothing impeccable about Stormy Daniels but if there is a Trump thread someplace I would be glad to copy it there.

There is a learning curve in adapting to what married into the family royal women wear. I don't believe the spin that Meghan sat and watched Diana to find a dress code. Styles changed in 20 years..

The transition from TV actress to royal can't be done overnight. I don't think her outfit at the Trooping was that horrendous. She will learn. And a good stylist with fashion experience would be someone to consult.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:32:11 pm by sandy » Logged
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2018, 11:53:46 pm »

Flashing the ring, remember it's all about that. Not buying it, sk#nk cookie. Not buying it.  bored3
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2018, 12:12:05 am »

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that you don’t wear an off the shoulder sleeveless dress for Trooping the Colour. She’d better learn fast because it’s not like she’s doing anything else right now.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2018, 01:09:06 am »

^THIS!

My take is that Meh knew darn well that the dress was wrong for the occasion but she did it anyway. She most likely figured she'd ruffle a couple of feathers with the Firm but she'd be saved by the masses buying the breath-of-fresh-air-singlehandedly-changing-the-stuffy-monarchy she's been selling. She never expected the UK public - who's opinions are the ones that truly matter - not singing her praises for this stunt.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2018, 11:19:45 am »

^ Most likely. She may maybe told that she won't be front and center at the balcony and wanted to find something that will make he news while she accidentally pushes her way to the front row in the balcony.

Pretty predictable and pathetic. The next day Kate got a lot of good press for the polo appearance with the kids and without the nanny. Maybe Meggie couldn't sleep from jealousy and pushed the tweet about Australia in the early hours.

I'd say - go Kate, go.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2018, 09:38:50 pm »

I like the outfit, but it reminds me a lot of some stuff Diana used to wear (the cut on upper body) and I find it inapproprate.

Case in point
https://www.today.com/style/former-meghan-markle-s-dress-similar-princess-diana-dress-t130774

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2018_24/1345459/princess-diana-gala-the-royal-ballet-today-inline-1-180612_7f2c22620e9ca5e54c5552dac1d540cc.fit-560w.jpg

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2018_24/1345463/princess-diana-duchess-markle-today-inline-180612_d032db07d1383640a2f03b8d267de097.fit-560w.jpg

Diana wore it at an appropriate event. Murky's dress would've been good for the Chuck's garden party, not trooping.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2018, 09:55:49 pm »

OMG she's copying Diana down to the way she looks down. Creepy.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2018, 11:00:48 pm »

Diana's gown was elegant. Meghan's outfit is inferior. I doubt she's imitating Diana.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:27 pm »

She is still a Californian, and from L.A. to boot. L.A. women dress like that for special occasions. She will resort back to that from time to time. She is too old to change that much. My actress friend would totally wear off the shoulders to a  trouping.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:48 am »

^ Most likely. She may maybe told that she won't be front and center at the balcony and wanted to find something that will make he news while she accidentally pushes her way to the front row in the balcony.

Pretty predictable and pathetic. The next day Kate got a lot of good press for the polo appearance with the kids and without the nanny. Maybe Meggie couldn't sleep from jealousy and pushed the tweet about Australia in the early hours.

I'd say - go Kate, go.
I doubt it was without the nanny. The nanny can be out of camera range. I would praise Kate if she worked steadily after this maternity leave. I find Kate blah, the children steal the show, though there was some negativity at George playing with  a toy gun.

I hope Meghan works steadily. The young royals need to step up now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:09:36 am by sandy » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2018, 07:00:42 am »

This is not a Kate thread but Kate looked on brand and appropriate on the polo field, unlike Murky on her queen's TTC.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2018, 10:53:49 am »

She is still a Californian, and from L.A. to boot. L.A. women dress like that for special occasions. She will resort back to that from time to time. She is too old to change that much. My actress friend would totally wear off the shoulders to a  trouping.

Maybe Harry should have thought twice before marrying an actress from LA then...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2018, 02:51:48 pm »

A good stylist can change the "California" look.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: