Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 01:18:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 81248 times)
LadySnowWhite
gossip insider

« Reply #1100 on: November 01, 2018, 07:50:32 am »

My question: they are all on budgets. Why is more apparently allotted to her?

I would imagine because she is building up her royal wardrobe. Also, I might be wrong, but I thought I recognized a few pieces from before she married in. 

I *think* the total also included jewelry, some of which were gifts ie Diana's cocktail ring.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1101 on: November 01, 2018, 01:23:41 pm »

^No.  This figure is only clothes.  They bumped that figure way up to include jewelry, accessories. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1102 on: November 01, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »

Seeing that her activities are not the norm of any royal family member, she’s just making herself a target for the IRS and immigration. Good thing she’s greedy and dumb.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1103 on: November 01, 2018, 02:15:36 pm »

^ I'm counting on her greediness and narcissism to do her in.   
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1104 on: November 01, 2018, 05:42:10 pm »

^^Megan's mirror is promoted on DM now. I bet this fascionista brand is Megan's. IRS should look into the money trail.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #1105 on: November 01, 2018, 10:44:08 pm »

^ I'm counting on her greediness and narcissism to do her in.   

Oh yes!! I can't wait!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1106 on: November 02, 2018, 02:10:48 am »

The DM has been keeping track of the cost of all her expensive attire and any gifts she receives. Perfect listing to give to the IRS.  eating cookies
Brits FURIOUS as Meghan Markle’s royal tour wardrobe 'cost £6,500 A DAY'

On the final day of the tour, Hello magazine reported Meghan’s wardrobe cost a massive £117,109.

The cost of the Duchess’ jewellery alone is estimated to have cost an impressive £58,951.

Her shoes alone costs £6,415, even though she often rewore them at different events.

And the cost of her bags, with her wearing the like of Prada, Gucci and Christian Dior, amounted to £5,681.

The most expensive item is said to have been a necklace made by British jeweller Jessica McCormack.

The necklace cost £13,645 and was worn to the 125th anniversary of women’s suffrage in Wellington, New Zealand.

According to InStyle, Meghan did not have to pay for one single item herself.

Father-in-law Prince Charles is rumoured to have paid for all clothing out of his £22million royal pocket.

Brits have hit out at the Duchess, with some even branding her a “national disgrace” after the cost of her wardrobe came to light.

One fumed: “I assume an extension at the Palace is being built for all of her clothes at our expense.  tehe

Kensington Palace declined to comment on the figures, but said Meghan’s clothes were paid for “privately”.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/740081/Meghan-Markle-pregnant-royal-news-prince-harry-outfits-dress

Meghan's 30 outfits for her and Harry's 16-day tour Down Under cost £130,000 - from her £15,000 diamond and sapphire earrings to a £380 dress

She undertook 76 engagements with more than 30 outfit changes — adding up to an eye-watering £130,107.50. Nearly all cost four figures, and a few cost five — with the highest a whopping £17,000 (the cheapest was a snip at £380).

Where most people, especially Hollywood A-listers, would pull out their most extravagant, eye-catching creations, Meghan stayed classy with a subtle, often monochrome palette. Her wardrobe reflected causes close to her heart. Her black jeans were by Australian brand Outland Denim which employs women who have survived human trafficking.

Her environmentally friendly pointed-toe pumps were from Rothy's — made from recycled bottles.  The first splash of colour came for the state dinner in Fiji, with a bold 'Fijian blue' dress from British luxury label Safiyaa. The elegant, unfussy design was a wonderfully modern take on formalwear.

But all of this comes at a price. Here, we tot up the cost of Meghan's incredibly lavish wardrobe . . .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6344195/Meghans-30-outfits-Harrys-16-day-tour-cost-130-000.html

Meghan's missed a trick! Less than a THIRD of the 74 labels the Duchess wore on the royal tour were British brands - and US designers were her favourite
* Duchess, 36, wore labels such as Burberry and Stella McCartney on royal tour
* She favoured US brands, wearing 25 different labels by American designers
* Of the 19 British brands she championed, 11 were an accessory or footwear
* Meghan has previously favoured Canadian and US labels on royal engagements
However, Meghan fell short of championing UK labels during the royal tour, wearing only 20 British designers out of 74 labels - the value of almost £118K.

Designers from the US were LA-born Meghan's go-to, wearing 25 different American brands - and some on multiple occasions.

In September it was reported that out of the 22 outfits she had appeared in since she joined the Royal Family, only two were by British labels.

It's believed that the influence of her best friend Jessica Mulroney may be the reason for Meghan's loyalty to little-known Canadian labels such as House of Nonie and Judith & Charles, which are closely associated with the Canadian stylist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6341719/Meghan-failed-showcase-British-fashion-royal-tour.html

From budgie smugglers to carrots and even a weapon: The weird, wonderful and wacky gifts the Duke and Duchess of Sussex received during the royal tour

From tiny pairs of shoes to budgie smugglers, carrots and enormous bouquets, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have received a host of interesting gifts during the official royal tour.

While many of them were in honour of Meghan Markle's pregnancy - with gifts for 'baby Sussex' a popular choice - there was also a steady stream of notes and jewellery to take home with them.

What do royals do with all of their gifts?

There is a very detailed royal protocol that marks what happens to all the gifts and gestures from well wishers - and the Duke and Duchess do not hang on to the items for long.

After saying 'thank you' and carrying the items for several seconds, the Duke and Duchess pass the soft toys, flower, cards, bottles and jewellery to a member of their entourage.

Then, one of several things happens.

The royal family's official gift policy states that they can accept and use gifts from individuals, provided they cost less than GBP £150 (AUD $276).

These gifts have to be flowers, foodstuff and other consumable items, as well as other items of small monetary value.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6340109/These-unique-gifts-Duke-Duchess-received-royal-tour.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1107 on: November 02, 2018, 07:03:07 am »

This is how much Meghan's royal tour wardrobe REALLY cost

Total cost of wardrobe: £117,109.19

Total cost of brand new items: £64,893.86
The Duchess choose this occassion to try out various new styles and also champion new brands. For the first time she wore designs by New Zealand's Maggie Marilyn and three items from Australia's Martin Grant.

Total cost of reused items: £52,344.33
If you're travelling down under, you can't pack too much and, yes, that applies to royals too. Meghan proved nifty with her planning by rewearing lots of the items multiple times over the course of the tour - a Seasalt raincoat twice, a Martin Grant trench coat twice and numerous pieces of jewellery. She also packed her favourite Birdies Black 'Blackbird' flat shoes.

Cost of jewellery: £58,951.68
Man, are we jealous of Meghan's jewels. Of her impressive royal tour collection, various designer really stood out as clear favourites for her. She took a casual seven pieces of jewellery from ethical designer Pippa Small and six different items from Birks alone.

Cost of shoes: £6,414.93
This is the area of Meghan's wardrobe where she packed the most light, rewearing her Manolo Blahnik, Aquazzura and Tabitha Simmons heeled pumps multiple times.

Cost of bags: 5,681.88
She took the likes of Prada, Gucci and Christian Dior with her.

Cost of clothes: £46,168.70
That's a lot of outfit changes in 16 days...

Number of outfits worn in total: 40
Yes, 40! Our favourites had to be her Tuxedo white dress by Maggie Marilyn, her so-in-right-now long blazer by Serena Williams and her ultra ladylike Emelia Wickstead dress she wore for the ANZAC Memorial in Sydney.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/royal-style/2018103164047/cost-of-meghan-markle-royal-tour-outfits-2018/

Meghan Markle's First Royal Tour Wardrobe Costs More Than $68,000
https://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/g24406793/meghan-markle-royal-tour-wardrobe-cost/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:05:52 am by Fly on the wall » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1108 on: November 02, 2018, 11:00:21 am »

Jeweler Learns Meghan Markle Received Earrings She Gifted Her — When the Royal Wears Them on Tour!
MONIQUEJESSEN
November 01, 2018 06:33 PM
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
Meghan Markle just put one up-and-coming British jeweler on the fashion map.

On one of her final engagements during the royal tour with Prince Harry, Meghan stepped out in New Zealand wearing a pair of sparkly earrings from jewelry brand Emily Mortimer. Now the jeweler, who works from a small studio in Suffolk, is experiencing sales from all over the world.

“It’s an amazing feeling when someone like her, probably the most photographed woman in the world at the moment, wears your earrings,” Mortimer tells PEOPLE. “I just went online to see what she had been wearing on tour, and I stumbled across it. I was ecstatic!”

The jeweler, who set up her business just three years ago, had sent Meghan a pair of yellow gold and white topaz teardrop-shaped pieces as an engagement gift last November.

“It was a personal gift, and I had no idea until that moment that she had received them!” Mortimer says.

Wearing the $453 earrings at a reception held at the Auckland War Memorial Museum, Meghan chose to wear the sparkly jewels with her tuxedo-style Antonio Berardi navy dress.

“She looked incredible!” says the jeweler, who immediately called all her family to share the good news.

“I’m quite an unknown brand in the scheme of things so it’s been nice to see people across the world buying my jewelry,” says Mortimer, who is a protégé of London-based jeweler Kiki McDonough, a brand worn often by Meghan’s sister-in-law Kate Middleton. “We’ve had lots of sales from all over the world particularly in Australia and America – it’s been so exciting, and I feel so honored.”

On their whirlwind tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga, Prince Harry and Meghan completed 76 engagements over 16 days, with Meghan wearing many brands from local designers as well as her go-to favorites such as the French fashion house Givenchy and the Canadian jeweler Birks.

“I think it’s great that she supported so many different brands from around the world,” says Mortimer. “I think she’s a refreshing addition to the royal family, and I just love her style.”

https://people.com/royals/jeweler-learns-meghan-markle-received-earrings-she-gifted-her-when-the-royal-wears-them-on-tour/

Gifts are taxable to the IRS. She’ll also have to state who paid for her attire as KP said it was paid privately. Can American citizens refrain from filing taxes for a year?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:03:23 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1109 on: November 02, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »

^Re US federal taxes.  Sure!  Any US citizen can choose not pay their taxes if they want to have the IRS breathing down their neck, adding high interest rates, and everything's awful in their world.  But, the likely case here is that Sparkles would file. 

Failure to file is the real bad option here.  If you file, you can ask for an extension up to 6 months from April 15.  During that time, however, interest penalties are applied,  if your taxes go up to 3 years without being paid but filed, you're in deep trouble.  You can have your passport rescinded, face steep fines and, if really stupid, be jailed.

The IRS will look at your status as it was the year you should have filed or paid.  So, if she rescinds her US status in 2019, the IRS won't care and will look at her as a citizen in 2018 and act accordingly.

I don't see that here, but I do see an audit as a likely scenario.  The IRS will have red flags go up during an application for citizenship in another country.  And, no, they don't care who you are.  Do we know where she is on her US citizenship status? 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1110 on: November 02, 2018, 03:12:18 pm »

She probably has a CPA on call I doubt she tries to do these taxes herself. CPAs are very helpful with their clients if they get audited.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #1111 on: November 02, 2018, 04:47:58 pm »

Meghan is acting like a spoilt, clueless 16 year old who's got her hands on Daddy's credit card for the first time.

Why is she so above wearing upmarket high street brands like LK Bennett, Hobbs, Zara, Whistles, Ted Baker?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1112 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:59 pm »

^Because she thinks she deserves it. 

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1113 on: November 02, 2018, 05:17:27 pm »

^ Spot on as the Brits say thumbsup

The only constant is change.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1114 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »

Why is she so above wearing upmarket high street brands like LK Bennett, Hobbs, Zara, Whistles, Ted Baker?

Because Charles allows it; for some reason he's doing more for her than he ever did for Kate. As for Kate wearing high street, she built her PR on being thrifty and down to earth and also, she doesn't work so go figure, of course she doesn't get the good stuff. At least Meg is doing appearances.

Meghan is acting like a spoilt, clueless 16 year old who's got her hands on Daddy's credit card for the first time.

In a way, Charles has adopted her as her daddy; he bio father isn't rich and glamorous enough for her so she is acting like she's Charles' daughter by adoption.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1115 on: November 03, 2018, 12:50:26 am »

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Meghan's designer best friend bags a free £81,000 Jaguar during royal jaunt Down Under
Crowds of thousands Down Under have seen how just much the Duchess of Sussex enjoys performing her royal role.
But is her best friend, Jessica Mulroney, enjoying her elevated status a little too much?

I hear that the Canadian fashion stylist and her husband Ben, whose three children had roles in the bridal party at Prince Harry’s wedding, have managed to wangle a brand-new £81,000 car free of charge.

It will be provided by Jaguar, which supplies vehicles to the Royal Family. ‘It’s fair to say it has raised some eyebrows here,’ a Jaguar source tells me.

They are due to take delivery imminently at their home in Toronto, Canada, of a Jaguar I-Pace. Another model of the eco-friendly, all-electric car — which has around the same top speed as a Porsche 911 — was acquired by Prince Charles earlier this year.

The arrangement is understood to have been made while the Mulroneys were in Sydney for the Invictus Games, which Harry established to support injured servicemen and women.

Jaguar Land Rover is one of the event’s most generous sponsors and Ben Mulroney was seen speaking to figures from the Indian-owned car-maker at the Games.

As the daughter-in-law of former Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney, Jessica, 38, enjoys almost royal status in their native country, where her husband is a TV host.

She has been a close friend of Meghan, 37, since the actress moved from California to Toronto, where the legal television drama Suits was filmed. At the Royal Wedding, she acted as ‘unofficial’ maid of honour.

Her presence in Australia at the same time as Meghan and Harry attracted much comment. Although the Mulroneys did not travel there in an official capacity, Jessica is understood to have acted as an unpaid stylist and adviser to Meghan.

A spokesman for the Mulroneys tells me: ‘They have not agreed to formally accept a Jaguar i-Pace at this time.’ A Jaguar spokesman adds: ‘We wouldn’t comment on details of any customers.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6348209/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Meghans-designer-best-friend-bags-free-81-000-Jaguar.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1116 on: November 03, 2018, 01:01:27 am »

^Hmmm.  No whiff of impropriety or cashing in here!  /sarc.   eating cookies

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1117 on: November 03, 2018, 01:41:56 am »

Ben Mulroney is the son of a former Canadian PM and he is also a well known TV host in Canada (plenty of opportunities to plug Jaguar if he so wanted.) He was also the one seen talking to executives of the company, and it was Ben who was commentating on the IG for Canadian TV, with Jaguar being a sponsor of the Games. So how do we know that Ben wasn't schmoozing and talking up his Canadian TV profile with the car company in order to score a free car, (which I think is reprehensible btw, whoever does it)?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1118 on: November 03, 2018, 04:08:20 am »

Of course, nothing to see here. Everything's innocent. Lots of smoke but definitely nothing to see.  snob

A Ben, a complete unknown man in Oz, is suddenly so influential there that he gets a free jag. Cause Jaguar, just like Oscar De La Renta, live to make $81K and $12K gifts. not  snob

Cause all brands in the world start asking themselves in the morning - how can I throw away $100K on the street because JM and MM think they are the most deserving of them all  snob

.. but the tour is successful  tehe that is, if you don't count the $200K for outfits  (we don't know the cost of security nor the cost of the entourage for M) for 16 days that will be paid by the unwilling contributor to this madness - the taxpayer.  sigh
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:15:09 am by Ariel » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1119 on: November 03, 2018, 07:39:14 am »

Jaguar is an international company, and they most certainly do sell to wealthy Canadians. Ex PMs and their families get perks all the time.
Charles pays for the clothing and most of the entourage, (the KP staffers.) The Met covers the RPOs as they do Ny Royal overseas, and, as is usual on any Royal tour by anyone in Australia, other security is paid by the State Governments involved. As an Australian taxpayer I'll pay my bit, thanks. Just as, when I was in England, my contributions helped pay for several Royal weddings, including Andy and Fergie's whom I loathe.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:41:52 am by Rosella » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: