Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 12:01:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 82915 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1080 on: October 31, 2018, 01:15:53 am »

@scobie
Meghan’s necklace today is @Kirinathan’s Pounamu Kouma, which was gifted by @GovGeneralNZ. The Kouma represents strength, integrity and authority and is cut from a unique type of Ngāi Tahu jade. Harry was given one, too!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqzBhCfU4AAZv7q.jpg

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1081 on: October 31, 2018, 03:31:45 am »

and then she put a similar necklace on her wedbsite, Meghans Mirror.  bignono
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179606290968/so-she-receives-a-gift-from-a-countryand
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:39:48 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1082 on: October 31, 2018, 04:20:21 am »

Effervescence Media run two blogs connected with the two Duchesses, Meghan's Mirror and What would Kate do?'. Does Kate run merchandisising personally on one blog and Meghan on the other, easter-lol?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1083 on: October 31, 2018, 05:01:38 am »

^ I doubt that Kate would so shamelessly disregard any decency. She wants to be and will be a queen.
As for Megan - I bet you that it is no coincidence that the moment she shows up somewhere there's Megan's mirror knowing exactly what she wore.

As for evidence - If I was IRS I would have wanted evidence that this is not merching and evidence of the price tags. And, I'll follow the money trail between JM and MM and the brands. And, I will demand evidence.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1084 on: October 31, 2018, 07:48:27 am »

I rest my case!  thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

stop

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1085 on: October 31, 2018, 08:21:43 am »

I've seen half a dozen photos of this paricular skirt, which has a blue lining and not one of them shows a gap with underclothing showing.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1086 on: October 31, 2018, 10:32:07 am »

Trying to send us a message, Meghan? How the duchess has chosen clothing with VERY pointed names for the royal tour (after sporting a 'husband' shirt for her first official outing with Harry)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6329521/Pregnant-Meghan-Markle-royal-tour-wardrobe-sends-messages-clothing-name.html

Meghan Markle's daring look: See-through skirt or optical illusion?
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meghan-markles-daring-look-see-skirt-optical-illusion-055248824.html

Could be optical illusion like that dress few years back when in the right light people saw gold white or black blue
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:39:17 am by Fly on the wall » Logged
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #1087 on: October 31, 2018, 12:59:36 pm »

^^^ Just saw a couple of other pictures of this in the DM.  I think Megham should think about getting a new 'stylist'. tehe
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1088 on: October 31, 2018, 01:40:52 pm »

Whether that dress is an optical illusion matters nought when one is supposed to be acting professional. 

What kind of woman wears a garment to create an illusion of her underwear?  Seriously, this isn’t funny and it isn’t excusable under any circumstances.

thumbsdown

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1089 on: October 31, 2018, 02:25:40 pm »

Megs is no longer protected, it seems.  So sad. . . .  easter-lol

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-suffers-another-wardrobe-malfunction-wears-see-through-skirt-in-new-zealand?fbclid=IwAR0nXarGodsWQd1p-qetJ-49BfLeNfWF1d77qbI6JwGlqHuYw3RMY8G3MfI

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1090 on: October 31, 2018, 02:37:03 pm »

^That’s the first time on this never ending vacay that she’s made mainstream front page news over here.  Funny. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1091 on: October 31, 2018, 02:39:26 pm »

when was she ever "protected?" 
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #1092 on: October 31, 2018, 04:53:56 pm »

The total cost of Meg's tour wardrobe: 117,934.62 (in pounds of course)  Shocked  spy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6337583/Meghan-wears-wedding-dress-designers-day-royal-tour.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:56:02 pm by Cali San D » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1093 on: October 31, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »

Meghan's £118K royal tour wardrobe! How designer labels and bespoke clothing to accommodate her bump pushed the Duchess' 41 outfits beyond the value of what Kate wears in a YEAR
* Meghan's 16-day royal tour is finally coming to an end, 41 outfit changes later
* Has sported high end labels such as Jason Wu, Givenchy and Brandon Maxwell
* Many items have been adjusted or made specially because of her pregnancy
* The value of Meghan's tour wardrobe exceeds Kate's new outfits for 2017  

She's been through an incredible 41 outfit changes since touching down in Sydney on 15th October, so it's no wonder the final tally for the Duchess of Sussex's royal tour wardrobe is rather eye-watering.
In the past 16 days, Meghan has worn clothing to the value of almost £118,000, including designer labels such as Givenchy, Jason Wu and Brandon Maxwell.

It's a particularly eye-watering total given that the Duchess of Cambridge wore new clothing valued at £117,000 throughout the course of 2017.  

In fact, the only remotely thrifty piece Meghan sported during the tour was a £35 ASOS maternity dress - teamed with a £432 coat and £1,700 earrings.

And given the fact that she's expecting, many of her garments will have needed to be adjusted or made specially for her to accommodate her growing bump.

For instance, the red Self Portrait dress she wore on arrival in Tonga was a bespoke version of one that's currently on sale, while the designer behind the Theia gown she wore to a reception in Fiji revealed he'd had to 'remake it with extra seam allowance'.

While some designers lend clothes to celebrities and royals, or offer a discount, it's unlikely that bespoke clothing would be either loaned or cheaply made.  

'When something is made bespoke it does limit it being returned,' celebrity stylist Rochelle White told Femail.

'However, Meghan knows that she will get wear out of the items and I don’t thinking returning them would really be an option for her anyway.'

While some of the expensive jewellery, shoes and accessories were already in Meghan's wardrobe, the pregnant Duchess has showcased a huge range of new looks during the tour.

Over the course of three days, she wore three pairs of designer sunglasses

Her only recycled pieces, aside from shoes and jewellery, were a Stella McCartney cape dress she previously worn to the Queen's birthday celebrations, and an Antonio Berardi ruffle midi dress first spotted as she supported Prince Harry at a polo match.

Rochelle says that despite the high value of Meghan's wardrobe, it's only natural that she wanted to represent the UK and the royal family in the best possible light on her first major overseas tour.

'I think that Meghan wanted to make sure that she was on par with Kate, not in a competitive space, but more knowing that some people might pick up on this.,' she explained.

Total to date: £117,934.62

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6337615/Meghans-118K-royal-tour-wardrobe.html

Comments:
Twinkie, La La Land, United Kingdom, 3 minutes ago
It's disgusting how Prince Charles allows this, has he lost his marbles?

happybrowsing, South of England, United Kingdom, 8 minutes ago
Can whoever foots the bill for all this extravagance afford for her to go abroad again?

Premysl, Prague, Czech Republic, 12 minutes ago
What's the saying about the lipstick and the pig? So much money wasted, achieving very little.  thumbsup

Grandad1965, Peterborough, United Kingdom, 17 minutes ago
That's 6 years wages for an NHS nurse.........so that's utterly just like her DISGUSTING and arrogant.  thumbsup

Will anything happen when she gets back or will she be able to continue on this crazy spending/merchandising? People have been ticked off about how the royal family allowed her in and her extravagant wardrobe and other antics like her pr push in the press.  bored3
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:04:31 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1094 on: October 31, 2018, 06:10:30 pm »

Charles should just let  William and Harry foot the bill for their wives watch how that spending will get curve
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1095 on: October 31, 2018, 06:25:16 pm »

^Yep.

For my US friends, that’s $151,000.  Unbelievable and unjustifiable.  She hasn’t even paid a teensy bit of British taxes for heaven’s sake.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1096 on: October 31, 2018, 07:10:12 pm »

My question: they are all on budgets. Why is more apparently allotted to her?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1097 on: October 31, 2018, 09:03:40 pm »

^ I want to know why too.

So, we did see the see-through style and the bum. She didn't disappoint. But there's still no wig malfunction and that will be the only thing that can top Kate's Aussie tour. So far - she only beat Kate in the wardrobe price but that makes Kate look better than her. So, wig glue malfunction please. Let us see the bald patches and if there's any real hair left.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1098 on: November 01, 2018, 03:32:23 am »

IMO, she's still the actress independant from the royal family. The wedding was an opportunity for all conserned to use for pushing their products and projects. Never before has any other bride been allowed to mercha and waear extreme ly expensive attire and get away with all the things Meghan has. The  Express had an article prior to the wedding regarding the royal family would have to disclose what gifts and/or allowance they're giving Megahn or if she was hired. Needless to say, as an American citizen, she'll still have to deal with the IRS and she'll have to say how she affords a wardrobe that has to now have exceeded $2 million dollars since the engagement and after the wedding where she went hog wild with the spending/merchandising.

The royal style police: Hundreds of fashionistas give their verdict on Meghan Markle's $211,000 tour wardrobe – and reveal the one look they loved most of all
After sixteen days, 76 official engagements and a staggering 114 fashion items valued at around $211,000 (GBP £117,000), the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's royal tour is over.

But speculation hasn't quite stopped over how they performed, and which of Meghan Markle's outfits were the most popular.

Now, hundreds of members of the public have weighed in on their favourite Meghan Markle looks from the tour, voting for their favourite formal, casual and working outfit on the popular blog, Meghan's Mirror.  eating cookies

There was one look they loved above all others - Meghan's Oscar de la Renta gown worn in Sydney.

The voting is still open on Meghan's Mirror. To vote for your favourite royal tour outfit, please click here.    stop  clickbait to the site   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6339949/Members-public-weigh-favourite-Meghan-Markle-looks-royal-tour.html

This is celebrity behavior. The fact that she spent almost a quarter of a million dollars in 16 days seems to be glossed over.  bignono   

Comments:
lereberejvt, London, United Kingdom, 32 minutes ago
Simply absurd, I'd be embarrassed to spend so much money that's not even mine. How many navy dresses that look exactly the same does she owns now?

Anjuli, Perth WA au, 39 minutes ago
What a shallow lot people have become

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1099 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:17 am »

She's not stupid. The merch money will not go through her US company. Tumblr sites wrote that Charles is billed full price for the outfits, JM receives the merch commissions, Megan's mirror is in on it somehow. I bet ya. What IRS needs to do now is follow the money and get brf's books opened to their inspection while at it. I'm waiting to see what the last two outfits are and ...I hope she goes radio silent for at least a month so that we all take a break from this reckless spending that gives all the wrong messages to the teenagers.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: