Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 08:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos 2018  (Read 38722 times)
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2019, 11:58:48 am »

^ Well said. Some journos (UK based definitely) do read fora and it also seems like they sometimes lift speculation etc from fora and write articles based on them..
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2019, 04:51:23 pm »

Clarence House refuses to comment on Prince Charles and Camilla divorce rumours
Clarence House has refused to comment following a report in an Australian Magazine that Prince Charles and Camilla are filing for divorce.

New Idea magazine , which is said to have over two-million readers a week, reported that The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall are due to announce that they intend to divorce "imminently".

The magazine reports that the Prince of Wales, 70, has been consulting with his divorce lawyer, Fiona Shackleton, and has "already signed the papers".

When asked if the family would comment on the claims, a spokesperson for Clarence House this afternoon said: “It is not something we would comment on.”

Fiona Shackleton is regarded as "the leading divorce lawyer" and represented Charles throughout his divorce with Princess Diana in 1996.

New Idea's source said that the couple, who got married in April 2005, have "barely seen each other" in the past few months, and Her Majesty has stepped in to make sure there is not speculation.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/clarence-house-refuses-comment-prince-2407406?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

I doubt that they'll divorce. I don't think he could be head of the church with 2 divorces and multiple affairs under his belt. I do think something's going on with them becuse she's not been with the family at event s for a while.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 04:56:09 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2019, 06:30:43 pm »

Another thought on her recent absences, maybe she’s having a facial tuneup before Charles ascends the throne. And I’m American, so I have more than one vision of a throne.

tehe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2019, 01:02:13 am »

I hope she has a long wait to use that facial at any coronation
sanka
courtier

« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2019, 02:54:59 am »

Many articles in the New Idea (Australian gossip magazine) are utter rubbish. The headlines and articles are to attract attention while waiting in line at a supermarket checkout so that they get people to buy the magazine.

Would not expect Clarence House to respond to anything that is so called reported in the New Idea.

Charles and Camilla looked very happy when attending the renovated re-opening of the  Fife Arms Hotel in Braemar, Aberdeenshire. I gather they have been staying at Birkhall (not far from Braemar).

I wonder if Camilla has had some health problems over the last few months and that is the reason why she is not always attending engagements. 

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2019, 03:06:23 am »

^ I don't believe this report. I think sometimes these tabloids throw whatever against the walls and see what sticks.

Prince Charles and Camilla seem like a perfect match. They often sound quite enthusiastic about each other.
I understood she's just been sick with flu, etc. which was the reason for her recent absence.

I sure would like to see her out there though. Her presence is rather pleasant. 

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2019, 04:52:36 am »

Camilla has missed two events at which she would normally be seen: The Queen's Family Christmas lunch and the Christmas church service. Neither of these are official engagements so she hasn't actually missed any planned engagements - only family events. We were told on the day of the Christmas lunch that she had a heavy cold and so it was no surprise that less than a week later she was still under the weather on Christmas Day.

She carried out her planned engagements on the 14th December. The next official engagement was this one at Fife.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2019, 01:53:08 pm »

^ I don't believe this report. I think sometimes these tabloids throw whatever against the walls and see what sticks.

Prince Charles and Camilla seem like a perfect match. They often sound quite enthusiastic about each other.
I understood she's just been sick with flu, etc. which was the reason for her recent absence.

I sure would like to see her out there though. Her presence is rather pleasant.  

I disagree. I don't find her presence pleasant. She made another woman miserable to get where she is today. I will never like her. If they are 'the perfect match' both should have left Diana alone. Charles was too selfish and wanted to have his cake and eat it too. I understand she spends much time not under the same roof as Charles.

Diana was the perfect match as far as having heirs for Charles. I think part of the reason Charles gave Camilla  a pass (Charles in his biographer said he was not ready to marry when he met her, and did not tell her they had a future, and they were not forbidden to marry) when they first met was she felt she was not good enough to marry and have his heirs. He came close to marrying two other women, and proposed to them, both of whom turned him down.

I found Camilla helping Charles choose a teenager so he could have his heirs positively appalling.

I think Charles should have been given the same choice as his great Uncle, the married mistress or the throne. I think Charles would have chosen the throne.

Camilla butted into Diana's marriage every step of the way. I find her horrid. She and Charles truly deserve each other.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2019, 02:46:46 pm »

^I think we are getting OT here, but over on the other forum under Harry, I believe, you said it takes TWO to break a marriage.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:00 pm »

Yes it does, but I am blaming Charles more based on what he admitted in his biography, that he married Diana knowing he did not love her and he preferred Camilla which was a cruel thing to do to a young woman barely out of her teens. And Camilla not leaving the scene and staying involved from the get go. The thread is about Charles and Camilla and I was responding to another post.

Re: Charles and Camilla I think they very richly deserve each other.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »

^I think we are getting OT here, but over on the other forum under Harry, I believe, you said it takes TWO to break a marriage.
Agree...

btw Camilla couldnt force charles anything... if he wasnt interested at her, she could do nothing about that... as diana herself said she could do nothing about the fact charles didnt want her... as camilla could do nothing when charles wanted to be with other women in 1980s/90s, ie. janet jenkins, princess medeleine's mother-in-law and probably tiggy... all what happened in 1980s/90s have much to do with charles free will/choices than anything/one else...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:36:26 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »

Charles needed a mother figure. And Camilla IMO was and is manipulative. Camilla had a husband for much of the time of her relationship with Charles. Charles also wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2019, 01:44:45 pm »

I dont think camilla manipulated charles... he was attracted to her, and he wanted to be with her... from which i read mountbatten was worried that charles was in love with camilla and wanted he away from her ... which didnt work...
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2019, 02:14:51 pm »

I don’t think Charles wanted a Mother figure, but I don’t think he wanted a woman he had to be a Father to, either.   I think too much pressure was placed on C and on D to go through with a marriage that neither truly wanted when it came to it.  I feel that pressure from the BRF would be far more powerful than within an ordinary family.

IMHO he is with the woman he truly loves now - it shows whether anyone likes it or not.   I do wish D had had the same opportunity.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2019, 02:48:12 pm »

It has been pointed out in various sources that Camilla looks like Charles Nanny Mabel. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I always thought Charles loved himself the most. Camilla lucked out because Charles named her publicly and became more or less obligated. IMO.

Charles knew the score more than Lady Diana. He admitted to Dimbleby that he did not love her. He should not even have thought of pursuing the teenager if he knew he did not love her. He excused himself with the old "learning to love her" line. Which is a cop out to me.

I think Camilla and Charles deserve each other. She does not spend all her time with him and has kept her own residence.

If Charles had truly loved Camilla he would have fought to marry her and not married Diana to get heirs. Edward VIII moved heaven and earth to marry Wallis and did not try to have his cake and eat it too. I still think Charles should have been given the same choice as King Edward.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:26 pm »

Professor Boyne said: 'I look forward to serving the interests of the University in the role of Principal, and to working with the whole university community to ensure that we remain open to all and dedicated to the pursuit of truth in the service of others in Aberdeen, the north- east and the wider world.'Kate's not the only recycling royal! Camilla turns to an old favourite grey and tartan coat during visit to the University of Aberdeen (before changing into a ceremonial robe
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6598313/Camilla-Duchess-Cornwall-visits-University-Aberdeen.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2019, 05:19:52 pm »

Camilla spends lots of money. She has the same sort of tailoring for most of her outfits. And she gets those spa treatments.  Princess Anne is the one who should be commended for recycling. She works harder than both Kate and Camilla and recycles.
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2019, 01:44:22 pm »

^How much money does she spend per annum?  I’m interested in that.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2019, 03:37:49 pm »

well, this may never be revealed.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2019, 02:52:29 am »

Not if Chucky has anything to say about it.   thumbsdown
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: