Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 02:14:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos 2018  (Read 38740 times)
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2018, 02:01:08 am »

What awful photos. They look forced and fake. George on Charles' knee makes me highly uncomfortable because George looks uncomfortable and awkward. In the second picture, only George looks genuinely amused by whatever distraction is going on in the background or distance. No one looks like they're happy just being comfortable in one another's presence.

Charlotte along with her unpleasant smile is still showing she got the short end of the gene pool stick, Murky's smirks and smiles aren't cute either so she should've just kept a relaxed face and no more. William, Harry, and Waity look plain stilted and Charles' and Camzilla look like they've just met Charlotte and George the day of and are trying but failing to look connected.

The lack of outfit coordination is also annoying. Charles looks fine but William should've worn the same shade of blue as Harry and Charles. Both Harry and William should've also worn a tie and one the same color tie that Charles is wearing because it matches and ties in nicely with the blue shade that the kids are wearing. They also need to button up their damn shirts! It looks so damn sloppy. If they want to look less formal then they need to lose the suit jackets and just wear their dress shirts and slacks. George should've been wearing a suit the same as Charles or at least long pants with his long sleeved shirt. Those shorts they put him in are ridiculous. Murky and Waity should've either worn all white like the trollop or they should've worn blue in the same shade as the kids and for the love of all things good, just burn that fugly dress Waity.

Louis is the only one that looks genuinely happy and seeing as we all can see that he's just a blissfully ignorant baby, that's not saying much.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2018, 12:45:13 pm »

I think Charles parents should been in the place of honor not CHarles. Birthday or not his parents are still living. It is tacky to have C and C as the center of attention like he's King now. And it is another posthumous slap at his late ex wife having Camilla hugging Charlotte. I think C and C were peeved when WIlliam mentioned his children have two grandparents, the late Diana and Carole.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »

^ I agree. This photo totally airbrushes them out of his family. The articles in the press (so far I've seen ones in the Daily Mail and Guardian) about how HM should step down are revolting and probably originated from Charles.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2018, 08:27:21 pm »

This is Charles' birthday - not The Queen's. This is Charles' family - not The Queen's. The Queen would be quite happy to see her son and his family in these pictures as she is fully aware that whenever she appears in pictures etc she becomes the focus - regardless of the reason for the pictures.

I think the pictures are lovely and the children seem comfortable with Charles and Camilla. I loved the picture of Camilla holding Charlotte and pointing something out to her. It is clear that the Cambridge children have a loving relationship with both sides of their family and that includes Camilla. William can tell his children how Diana was hurt by Charles and Camilla but these children will grow up with Camilla as a real 'grandmother' figure, someone who played with them, read to them, cuddled them, is in photos with them etc. To these kids Camilla is a real person, Diana simply a series of photos and father's memories - but not someone of whom they will have real memories. Having grown up with a step-grandfather because my blood grandfather died before I was born I can fully understand the different. My step-grandfather is a real person - he build my cubby house, and dolls' pram. He is the one who stayed with me over Christmas when I had chicken pox. My biological grandfather is a series of photos and some memories from my mother and grandmother but in no way was he someone of whom I could ever have any real memoris. Camilla will be the person these kids know as a real person whom they will know.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2018, 09:04:58 pm »

^ I have to agree.

Also airbrushing Camz out because of Di would only make the situation worse, or bad to begin with, because as is it's fine. No one's claimed Camz is the granny, though they'd love if everyone forgot about Di. But I think these pics are perfectly fine, and as meememe says, it's about Chuck's milestone bday and his family, which is his wife, kids and grandkids plus kids' spouses. Liz is not necessary, though a pic with his parents (published) would have been nice. I could imagine they had a photo session which hasn't been published, cause I doubt these are the only two pics that have been shot. I bet there was a whole succession of photoshoots.
Phil is also officially retired, maybe he didn't want to be in any published pics... He's been really reclusive in the past months, unless I missed sth (very possible, I've been quite busy).

If Camz weren't in the pics, then the whole Wales War Saga would really take centre stage. Not sth anyone wants, even Bill or Haz. And Camz is the granny figure in the kids lives, in any case she is in the kids' lives - as granny figure or not. Makes no sense to exclude her.

And I think everyone knows here what I think of C&C generally speaking, but no matter how much I might dislike them (for their grandeur behaviour and what's happened in the past), I can't spin their relationships etc into what it's not or wish for any of them to be airbrushed out/ not take part in family pics/ activities.
It is what it is.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:41 pm »

This is Charles' birthday - not The Queen's. This is Charles' family - not The Queen's. The Queen would be quite happy to see her son and his family in these pictures as she is fully aware that whenever she appears in pictures etc she becomes the focus - regardless of the reason for the pictures.

I think the pictures are lovely and the children seem comfortable with Charles and Camilla. I loved the picture of Camilla holding Charlotte and pointing something out to her. It is clear that the Cambridge children have a loving relationship with both sides of their family and that includes Camilla. William can tell his children how Diana was hurt by Charles and Camilla but these children will grow up with Camilla as a real 'grandmother' figure, someone who played with them, read to them, cuddled them, is in photos with them etc. To these kids Camilla is a real person, Diana simply a series of photos and father's memories - but not someone of whom they will have real memories. Having grown up with a step-grandfather because my blood grandfather died before I was born I can fully understand the different. My step-grandfather is a real person - he build my cubby house, and dolls' pram. He is the one who stayed with me over Christmas when I had chicken pox. My biological grandfather is a series of photos and some memories from my mother and grandmother but in no way was he someone of whom I could ever have any real memoris. Camilla will be the person these kids know as a real person whom they will know.

I thought the Queen is Charles' family. Aren't mothers part of the family?

Why wouldn't she be in the picture? Other families don't leave the parents out.

It is not known about the relationships of the Cambridge children. I think they spend the most time with Kate's family. Camilla has her own grandchildren to consider.

Camilla has a 'history' with Diana and not a pleasant one.

I think there is no substitute for Diana. They are of her blood not Camilla's. I think they will realize that and be very proud of her.

William made it clear that he is speaking of Diana to his children and also mentioned Carole. William is proud of his mother and I don't think he believes Camilla is the granny figure or granny substitute probably much to C and C's chagrin. My take on it.

Camilla's mindset is obvious considering she was ready to walk into Diana's Memorial Service in 2007. Truly tacky

I see this as a blatant attempt to airbrush out Diana, with some people wanting Camilla to be the grandmother. Considering the history of Diana and Camilla that is super bad taste IMO.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:46:38 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2018, 12:10:42 am »

One thing that unnerves me and almost frightens me is how Camilla seems relentless in her campaign against Diana. It's like Diana seemed to have personally offended her by marrying Charles and having two sons and continuing to be remembered in positive ways. Camilla wanted to insert herself into the memorial ceremony (thankfully that got quashed) and Camilla has done all she can to make Diana out to be this demon of selfishness and sexual promiscuity. I imagine it cut deep being deemed only fit to be a sidepiece, but Camilla would have been able to end it for good somehow and just live her quiet life in the countryside. I am certain that it wouldn't be prestigious, but it would be something that would lend her respectability and it would enable her to have her husband and life with her children and her undemanding country life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2018, 12:16:08 am »

Camilla cuddling CHarlotte was rather creepy to me and your post KF illustrated exactly why. I doubt she sees much of the Cambridge children in any case and I don't think it is a lovefest betweeen Kate/William and Camilla despite the happy families spin. There is a frightening element in that picture.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:07 am »

Imo Charlotte looked shy around camilla, especially during that hug... if william and kate dislike camilla no way those children will see camilla as a grandmother figure... their relationship and affection will be a result of camilla's relations with william and kate... william said one year ago his children have 2 grandmothers his late mother and kate's mom, i think it was very telling when he said his mother existed and his home is full pictures of hers.

i think kate's choice of dress tells enough current relations between camilla and kate/william
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a25087189/kate-middleton-channels-princess-diana-polka-dot-dress/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:21:38 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2018, 01:19:37 am »

I also  think Camilla is most concerned about her own grandchildren. Perhaps Charles setting up trust funds for them. I don't think Will and Kate care for Camilla of course they are polite but Will would not think of Camilla as grandmother to his children and yes, he did make that clear in the interview about his mother.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2018, 01:43:50 am »

One thing that unnerves me and almost frightens me is how Camilla seems relentless in her campaign against Diana. It's like Diana seemed to have personally offended her by marrying Charles and having two sons and continuing to be remembered in positive ways. Camilla wanted to insert herself into the memorial ceremony (thankfully that got quashed) and Camilla has done all she can to make Diana out to be this demon of selfishness and sexual promiscuity. I imagine it cut deep being deemed only fit to be a sidepiece, but Camilla would have been able to end it for good somehow and just live her quiet life in the countryside. I am certain that it wouldn't be prestigious, but it would be something that would lend her respectability and it would enable her to have her husband and life with her children and her undemanding country life.

thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2018, 01:49:25 am »

I also  think Camilla is most concerned about her own grandchildren. Perhaps Charles setting up trust funds for them. I don't think Will and Kate care for Camilla of course they are polite but Will would not think of Camilla as grandmother to his children and yes, he did make that clear in the interview about his mother.

I think William will throw Camilla out of all the palaces once he is King. He will not make the transition from Queen Consort to Dowager Consort easy on her and I am certain that he will end up stripping her of everything that he can.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2018, 05:55:41 pm »

Often though when talking about "family" the nucelar family is understood - parents & children.
I see no problem Liz & Phil not being there, also Phil & Liz are at exceptional ages, I don't think they do many photoshoots anymore, but I bet another set did take place.

Camz in the pics isn't there as Diana's replacement, but she is Chuck's wife and his children's and grandchildren's stepmother and stepgrandmother.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

Charles is using damage control. For IMO 1) the reports he does not see much of his grandchildren; 2) William not mentioning Camilla as a grandmother figure.

This IMO is very unsubtle spin.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »

The media reports about how much Charles sees of his grandchildren isn't necessarily correct. The media can't stand the idea that William and Harry may actually get along with their father.

From my contacts it is clear that although William's children do see more of the Middleton's they also see quite a bit of Charles and Camilla and also play with Camilla's grandchildren at both Ray Mill and Highgrove.

Why some people object to children having a grandmotherly figure in their lives to love them and spend time with them always amazes me. So William made the point that Diana is their 'blood' grandmother but she will never be 'real' to these kids - Camilla will.

We have seen at least one 'of duty' image of Charlotte waving goodbye to Camilla and Charles when they left London by helicopter and had to use the helipad at Kensington Palace as there isn't one at Clarence House. They often stop by and see William, Kate and the kids when they are using the helicopter according to my sources.

William and Kate spent over a week at Balmoral earlier this year - and they stayed at Birkhall with Charles and Camilla while Harry and Meghan spent their Scotland holiday with Charles and Camilla at the Castle of Mey (the Queen Mother's former home in Scotland).

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2018, 08:33:57 pm »

This is totally untrue. Kate, Meghan and the Cambridge children are the focus because the media and public obsess over them.

i think kate's choice of dress tells enough current relations between camilla and kate/william
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a25087189/kate-middleton-channels-princess-diana-polka-dot-dress/

Kate has been creepily copying Diana for years and I don't think it's because she admires her, it's because she wants to be Diana 2.0.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2018, 08:42:33 pm »

Charles, Camilla, her children and grandchildren werent at pippa's wedding... but harry and meghan yes... all of the middletons were at harry's wedding... if william and kate and kids spend time with camilla at her home it's likely she and family will get invites to pippa's wedding... william's wording at diana doc showed me he doesnt wants his children having any grandmother figure besides carole. according to william, he's proud of being son of his mother, a woman who left her mark in the world. he saying he and kate talks to kids about diana so much as possible showed me he wants his children being proud of wonderful woman that she was.

this choice of a dress in this family photoshoot tells me that kate isnt interested of her children spending time with camilla and her grandkids - i bet she's fully supported by william
https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/royal-style/2018111564573/kate-middleton-princess-diana-similar-polka-dot-dresses/

@buflesse here isnt just copying diana but a way of hers and william sending a message IMO here the similarity is TOO obvious to say anything else

Often though when talking about "family" the nucelar family is understood - parents & children.
I see no problem Liz & Phil not being there, also Phil & Liz are at exceptional ages, I don't think they do many photoshoots anymore, but I bet another set did take place.

Camz in the pics isn't there as Diana's replacement, but she is Chuck's wife and his children's and grandchildren's stepmother and stepgrandmother.
i think that hug picture wants say otherwise... the whole thing is very bad taste...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:50:21 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:04 pm »

dianab, I agree that the photo is in bad taste. It gives me the creeps especially the expression on Camilla's face. It is trying to promote Camilla as the "grandmother figure." And I think it is a riposte to William leaving Camilla out when he talked about his children's grandmothers. He did not refer to Camilla even as the step grandmother.

In reply to mememe: Of course Kate and William will bring the children to visit Charles and Camilla but that does not mean they are "close." And I doubt George and Charlotte are besties with Camilla's grandchildren. There is an age gap and George and Charlotte seem to spend much time with Princess Anne's grandchildren.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »

I was Team Diana all the way, and I am no fan of Camilla.  But one must be practical.  Diana has been gone for twenty years.  I believe that she would be happy that her grandchildren are being treated warmly by Camilla.  And even her sons, to the extent that they want a relationship with Camilla.   
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »

I think that is the truth of the matter, but thing is, Camilla is still engaged in this ongoing vendetta against Diana that just doesn't quit. Camilla is surely behind all of it since Charles is likely someone who would prefer to let the past go and move on, but doesn't. Camilla is still paying columnists to hype how bad Diana was (as if wanting one's husband for oneself is a bad thing) and hypes Diana as deranged and a 'bolter like her mother' (as if leaving an abusive marriage is a bad thing) and even twenty years on, Camilla still determinedly perseveres sure that a new generation hears nothing but negativity surrounding Diana's rep and history.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: