Royal Gossip
January 22, 2019, 06:58:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos 2018  (Read 25852 times)
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 09:19:31 pm »

Duchess of Cornwall looks bored during Commonwealth Games ceremony lmao
One is not amused! Duchess of Cornwall appears bored during Commonwealth Games ceremony, flicking through magazine and ignoring official introductions.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1662568/Video-Duchess-Cornwall-looks-bored-Commonwealth-Games-ceremony.html

the video is hilarious!

this comment sums up a lot IMO

Grandpa93, Annapolis-Wandsworth, United States, 8 minutes ago

Camilla never wanted to be Queen or in the public eye. She was happy being the mistress behind the scenes. All Charlie had to do was put a few million pounds in a bank account for Millie--insure her future comfort--and that would have been fine with Millie. She would only have had to see him a couple of times a week, she could live at Ray Mill House, and do what ever she wanted. Charles didn't need a wife to be King. Camilla wasn't going anywhere if he didn't marry her. Now Camilla has to play a role she never wanted---Charles will outlive her.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:21:58 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 09:24:59 pm »

I think Camilla wanted most of what Diana had and got it. She coveted the perks, power and bling she could get by being associated with the Prince of Wales. She especially enjoys the free food on appearances and wearing the bling on appearances. When it comes to work, she dislikes it intensely and looks like she is sulking. Charles probably got an earful and the "happy" couple quarreled. Charles got what he deserved. And the thing that sealed the marriage deal for Camilla IMO was when Charles named her as his married mistress, forcing a divorce of the PBs. He could have been a single King or found a "suitable" bride as wife Number 2, but I think he was stuck with Camilla, he also had to prove that theirs was the "great thirty year love story." A shame that he brought Diana into this mess so he could have the heirs. Charles would IMO not have kept her as mistress because he had to "prove" that he was somehow "justified" in cheating on his wife. I do think Camilla is by nature greedy and coveted what Diana had. She probably would have been infuriated if Charles kept her as mistress forever. I think she wanted it all--except doing much work. She also was furious that as mistress she could not sit with Charles at weddings like the one for a Van Cutsem son.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 09:36:22 pm »

agree so much with this comment. camilla is actiing like a spoiled 14-years old

Kiwi mum, Christchurch, 1 hour ago

Watching this ceremony live she definitely did look bored and disinterested. When someone officially welcomes you to this ceremony which you¿re a special guest at and while cameras on you surely not hard to acknowledge the welcome with a smile rather than burying your head in the programme. This duty comes with the role she holds. Pretty poor behaviour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5578395/Camilla-appears-bored-Commonwealth-Games-opening-ceremony-Prince-Charles.html#ixzz5BjoquH5F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 09:41:45 pm »

this tour sure got off to a great start
Val
Princess

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 10:01:58 pm »

So many commenters saying it's the beginning of the end of the Monarchy.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 10:07:16 pm »

Camilla is an idiot. She is not well liked so at least try, no?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 12:50:02 am »

I watched the Commonwealth ceremony live last night and enjoyed it. Camilla did appear off and bored, or sulky. Earlier in the planning for the opening ceremony there were reports here in Aus that Camilla wouldn't be coming. It's well known that she is frightened of flying and especially of long flights and can't stand heat either. So it wasn't surprising that she's foreshortened her trip here and goes home soon. However, it seemed last night that she just couldn't be bothered. I don't know what's the matter with her, but she made no effort to interact or enjoy anything that I could see.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 06:43:02 am »

^ Camilla's just frightened of work, full stop.

Their behaviour here is downright rude and ignorant. If Charles wants to be head of the Commonwealth when ER goes he and Camilla had better buck their ideas  up
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 07:45:58 am »

She did a lot of interacting with the people in the Botanic Gardens and at the Children's Hospital.

She flipped through the programme at the wrong time it seems as the cameras found her - probably because the show itself was so off they had to find something to cover to talk about as the ceremony has to be one of the worst of its kind (and I have seen many of them going back into the 70s). It was absolutely dreadful (it made me ashamed to be an Aussie - and that is the consensus from everyone I have spoken to who could be bothered watching it - most couldn't as they 'knew' it would be awful.)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 08:56:48 am »

'Don't believe that c***!' Prince Charles turns the air blue on Australian radio when host ask him if he takes his own personal toilet seat when travelling overseas

Prince Charles finally discusses whether or not he carries his own toilet seat
    The British heir to the throne was asked about the rumour on Wednesday
    Caught off guard by the question, the Prince of Wales said: 'My own what?'
    Prince Charles, with the help of his wife Camilla, went on to answer the question

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5579833/Prince-Charles-discusses-carrying-toilet-seat-Australia.html
sanka
gossip insider

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2018, 10:22:43 am »

I agree with meememe that Camilla did a lot of interacting at the Botanic Gardens and Lady Cilento hospital. The heat and humidity would be unbearable for both C & C coming from a cooler climate.

Unfortunately the media here has not even been referring to Camilla with her title, merely Prince Charles and Camilla as though she is added on to the entourage. It doesn't help also with the comments for a republic by a former Prime Minister and the protests. The hype of the Commonwealth Games has been constant here so I don't blame anyone for switching off, possibly for a brief period during the ceremony. Luckily the royal party didn't have to catch any public transport.

I changed over channels to look at the opening ceremony, cringed and then went back to another TV programme (it was likely I didn't catch the best part/s).
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 11:23:32 am »

Yesterday morning Channel 7, during their morning show, referred to them as the Duke and Duchess (presumably of 'Cornwall) but that wasn't mentioned.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 12:04:18 pm »

'Don't believe that c***!' Prince Charles turns the air blue on Australian radio when host ask him if he takes his own personal toilet seat when travelling overseas

Prince Charles finally discusses whether or not he carries his own toilet seat
    The British heir to the throne was asked about the rumour on Wednesday
    Caught off guard by the question, the Prince of Wales said: 'My own what?'
    Prince Charles, with the help of his wife Camilla, went on to answer the question

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5579833/Prince-Charles-discusses-carrying-toilet-seat-Australia.html

Charles does not like books written by people who don't kow tow to him. He needs to contact Penny J. so she can write another CHarles worshipping book. He needed Camilla's "help" to answer the question?! LOL.
Val
Princess

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2018, 12:30:19 pm »

Remember a while back a man claimed to be their illegitimate son.  He was farmed out and adopted.  He's the spitting image of Charles.

About a year ago, he warned that he would serve them with a judicial order to demand their DNA so he could prove he's their kid.  If he is correct, and the DNA lines up, This guy could be the rightful heir to the throne because his bio parents legitimated his birth by subsequently marrying each other!  It doesn't matter how long the time frame is.  Maybe their glumness is because that has cropped up again.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2018, 02:44:30 pm »

Camilla would be helping that man out if there was any grain of truth;. It would be her ultimate victory to have her "son" be King instead of Charles eldest son with Diana. He was born illegitimate. The later wedding did not legitimize him. I think that would be the end of the royal family if this man took over with Cammie as Queen Mother.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 06:45:41 pm »

^ william surely will be relieved and i bet he'll become a happier human being
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2018, 06:47:48 pm »

But it would be George who is next. Unless he got the lazy characteristics already.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:54 pm »

i dont doubt he'll be lazy like his mother and dislike protocol and whole institution of monarchy as his father (& paternal grandmother)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 06:58:20 pm »

The Royal visit to Australia: Day two
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/royal-visit-australia-day-two
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2018, 12:11:44 am »

Fred & Gladys (continued): Camilla goes barefoot on the beach in Australia but Prince Charles keeps his brown suede shoes on

Duchess of Cornwall took went for a paddle while Charles kept his brogues on
    Royal couple later visited the athletes' village for the Commonwealth Games
    They demonstrated their athletic prowess by playing ping pong and later pool
    Comes after Charles opened the Commonwealth Games on behalf of the Queen

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5583773/Camilla-goes-barefoot-beach-Australia-Prince-Charles-keeps-brown-suede-shoes-on.html

"Fred & Gladys", if that isn't a subtle dig, I don't know what is... sigh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: