Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:01:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos 2018  (Read 38665 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2019, 12:06:59 am »

I see many differences between them. Meghan did help choose a teenage girl to give Harry heirs and interfere in the marriage.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2019, 06:41:12 pm »

Meghan laughed at a dance performance during their Aussie tour... as for cheating on partner/hubby, Meghan is no stranger to that... Harry the same...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2019, 11:07:58 pm »

Meghan was not in another person's marriage the whole time like Camilla was. Meghan did not pick out a teenage girl for Harry. Harry did not go for married women like Charles did. I don't see any similarities. Camilla giggled at the singers which was insulting. And she scarfs down food in front of cameras. Very coarse woman.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2019, 12:25:08 am »

Let me get this straight.  We talk H&M on the C&C thread and vice versa on the C&C thread now? 

stop or I’ll lock em down.  I’ve asked nicely a lot you guys.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2019, 04:09:02 pm »

@Sandy  this is in answer to your posting about cami on Murk's thread which YM warned we cannot do. So here it is in the right thread. Cami's ancestry is aristocratic, hence why she was in the circles to meet Charles in the first place.  It is definitely on one side of her parents if not both. Look it up. Second, Charles was to marry a virgin. I was in England studying law when he started dating Di and I was told by many that he had a short list to pick from and he had to go that young (age 19) to get a virgin. So Cam would not have been allowed to marry him. And I remember a beautiful woman he was dating that he was serious about (I forgot her name) and her ex boyfriend came out in the papers claiming he would recommend her in bed to Charles or something like that and she was dropped quickly. Look that up in the old articles. Things were different for Andrew as Ferg had been living with a man and the next brother lived with his wife first. But Charles was different and times were different when he married. I don't think Cami is great, but had he been allowed to marry a woman who had a past or was presenting sleeping with him, he might have just married her to begin with in time. But it didn't look like she would be accepted and she wanted to be married. Thus she went with Parker Bowles. However, they still had the hots for each other obviously and eventually the affair went on until he married Di. He stopped for awhile but when things broke down, he rekindled it with Cami. And this is in an older biography I had read when he was still married but separated from Di.  The bar was lowered in that he got to marry her eventually, and they did commit adultery. But she is from the right background short of being royal by birth, and true Di and the Queen mom had titles themselves. People loved DI so it will be hard to accept Cami. But one thing this couple has is staying power. But I don't think Cami set a lower bar other than a divorcee can marry into this family now. Her bloodline is superior to the newcomers. Should that matter? Probably not but then the divine right to rule is based on these pure bloodlines. Enough said by me on this. I really don't give a hoot about these two. Talk about a boring, unattractive couple.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2019, 04:26:05 pm »

Actually I don't think the paternal side of Cam's family was particularly aristo or even country gentry, though the family were upper middle class. Bruce Shand's background was a bit unusual. Camilla's mother Rosalind came from an aristocratic background though.

. Charles wasn't present at the PB wedding. He wrote mournful letters about her engagement. They did have a bit of a break when Cam had the PB children Tom and Laura but then were at it again a few years later, not stopping until supposedly, Charles was about to get serious about Diana. At least that has been the story pushed in recent years.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2019, 05:00:11 pm »

I remember reading Alice Keppel's husband couldnt have children and Camilla's grandmother may be King Edward VII's child
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2019, 05:05:58 pm »

@Rosella Yes I remember now it was Cam's mom who was aristo and the story has been the same since Di and Charles first started with their problems. I remember reading in a bio that Cam was shocked after Charles' marriage that he was refusing her calls when he was giving his marriage a go. Davina Sheffield was the pretty one with the ex-boyfriend. I just re-read about them. She was set to be engaged to him an he besotted, she had past the suitability tests and background check (debutante) and was introduced to him by Princess Anne. Then the ex blows it for her. But she was so pretty, even prettier than Di. So Cami wasn't his only love pre-Di. She just had staying power. Wow, had he been allowed to marry Davina, how different things would have been. He may have stayed married to her...Oh who knows... the press will chase attractive women and good old reliable Cami is just not one of them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:07:53 pm by lesken » Logged

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2019, 05:12:24 pm »

When he was dating Davina, wasnt Charles seeing Camilla or Kanga?
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »

Maybe, but his butler or guard had written a biography I had read and supposedly Charles was very into Davina when they were hot and heavy. But others have been around too. It is just she was so picture perfect naturally that it is hard to see him trot off with Kanga. But I don't know if they were sexually involved pre-marriage (even though she was no virgin according to the ex) and he may have needed release with Kanga and others. I don't know that answer. But, she was into charity work as well so she could have been a Di type as opposed to a Cami. If the virgin requirement was dropped, Di may have never happened. And as weird as it is, the world would be a different place.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:21:38 pm by lesken » Logged

sandy
Princess

« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2019, 11:30:55 pm »

There were rumors that Charles would pop the question after Davina passed the Balmoral test.But her ex ran to the media and said they had lived together. Davina was a Diana type and looked somewhat like her. Kanga was involved with Charles especially when Camilla was not available because of her two pregnancies by APB. I think Charles was very serious about Anna Wallace and she had experience. I don't think the virgin requirement was necessary really, things could have been spun and if the exes did not blab then Charles would have married a non virgin. One biographer claimed that Charles wanted Anna back after she dumped him. I don't think Charles would ever have married Camilla to be wife AND mother of his heirs.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2019, 07:55:50 pm »

I don't think that the problem was just that Camz wasn't a virgin (I do think that was on a whole a problem, the question is how big of a problem was that?), but the issue was that Camz supposedly really got around.. a lot.. I remember seeing in a docu that she was kinda passed around in a way and onto any guy who was "it" at whatever point. Apparently APB was the biggest catch (apart from Chuck) and that APB and she would both sleep around to make each other jealous.

So Camz non-virgin status was for sure a problem, but her passing around like the village bike was what was really the big no-go and made her totally unsuitable for the Winds.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2019, 11:28:36 pm »

i believe being a virgin was important. the spencers freaked out when there was a story she spent the night with charles and diana herself said it was when the press wanted tarnish her rep and her mother was worried.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2019, 11:32:56 pm »

@Rosella Yes I remember now it was Cam's mom who was aristo and the story has been the same since Di and Charles first started with their problems. I remember reading in a bio that Cam was shocked after Charles' marriage that he was refusing her calls when he was giving his marriage a go. Davina Sheffield was the pretty one with the ex-boyfriend. I just re-read about them. She was set to be engaged to him an he besotted, she had past the suitability tests and background check (debutante) and was introduced to him by Princess Anne. Then the ex blows it for her. But she was so pretty, even prettier than Di. So Cami wasn't his only love pre-Di. She just had staying power. Wow, had he been allowed to marry Davina, how different things would have been. He may have stayed married to her...Oh who knows... the press will chase attractive women and good old reliable Cami is just not one of them.

Charles broke up with Davina I think he was the one to decide.

Camilla and Charles communicated by phone and he did not refuse her calls. Stephen Barry, Charles valet at the time, recalled Charles putting in calls to Camilla early in the marriage. He even called Camilla when he found out Diana was pregnant.

They did still see each other at the  hunts.

I don't think Davina was prettier than Diana.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #374 on: February 25, 2019, 08:17:59 pm »

They are both very pretty women, but Di did have a bit of a big nose for her face, although it didn't deflect from her being a beautiful woman. Davina was just so model perfect looking. Anyway, this biographer did say that at some point Charles was refusing Cami's calls after he married. Didn't last long though. I thought Cami's children were attractive, but I haven't seen a photo in years. Don't know how the genes would have worked with her as his wife. Sometimes unattractive people have cute kids. Oh well it didn't happen that way.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2019, 08:45:38 pm »

Charles never refused Camilla's calls according to Valet Stephen Barry. And they were seen at hunts together. I don't believe a word of it, that he refused her calls. too much evidence goes against it. Barry said that Charles even put through calls to Camilla on the honeymoon and Charles admitted later he
called Camilla with the news when Diana became pregnant. Rather creepy. Camilla's children especially Tom are not all that attractive. Both have t heir father's droopy eyes. And Tom looks like Camilla in drag. I doubt Charles and Camilla would have even remotely "cute kids." I don't think Charles wanted to marry Camilla to have children with in the first place. He told his biographer he was too young to marry when he met Camilla and moved on.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »

Well I can't remember the book I read on this or the name of the author. So who knows. In all truth if he did refuse some calls it wasn't for that long obviously. Charles was very unhappy she married APB. So maybe he didn't want to marry young but if he committed to marry her later, she might have waited. I don't think she was fit at that time for sexual experienced reasons. Anyway, he did go onto others and nothing worked out for one reason or the other until they recruited poor DI for the job. Well I have to say this, I don't know how any of them stomached him in bed. He is geeky. When I was young, Andrew was the cute one and some thought would make a better king. Too bad he turned out so creepy in the end with his choice of company.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2019, 12:04:04 am »

Even if Charles did not want to marry her then he still never told her they have a future together and to wait for him. He didn't. At the time she did want to marry APB and was said to have slept with Charles to make APB jealous (after APB slept with Princess Anne). Camilla was said to have lovers in addition to APB. Charles looks were geeky but on the inside his values and ethics were not what they should have been IMO. Once Camilla married APB he should have walked away and gotten a fresh start not returning to her bed while he was looking for a wife.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2019, 03:46:12 am »

I have been saying that, he did not tell her because he was not allowed to whether he wanted that or not.  We kind of are on the same page about this,  just virginity mattered and you don't seem to think so. I don't think you were in the UK at University then. I was. I know what I heard then, forget about what I read after the fact.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #379 on: February 26, 2019, 01:51:59 pm »

Charles told all to Dimbleby and he already bashed his parents but he never said they had "forbidden him" to marry Camilla. Charles and Charles alone said that he felt he was too young to marry when he met Camilla. He did not pursue her as marriage material or told him to wait for him. I don't think he wanted to marry Camilla so she could be his wife and mother of his heirs. I don't think he felt she was good enough for that.  Charles really was interested in Anna Wallace and she was said to have had experience and I think if she had not ditched him, he would have proposed to her. There is such a thing as spin and if her exes agreed to keep quiet she would have been his bride. Camilla had started young and had more experience apparently than Anna.  And Charles as Prince of Wales felt himself entitled to married mistresses so he could have his cake and eat it too.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: