Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:10:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos 2018  (Read 16264 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »

Charles hopes to live to 120 years old no doubt. I still think he has an outsized ego which to me is a turn off.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2018, 01:31:19 pm »

It’s interesting how each of us perceives another, no matter who it is.  I see Charles as having a fragile ego and not a massive sense of self esteem no matter what he puts out.

Kind of like an introvert who has to act like an extrovert.... fake it etc.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »

No, I see it more now as a sense of self entitlement and ego. Perhaps some years ago he did have the fragile ego but unfortunately, he was enabled by his grandmother and perhaps Lord Mountbatten, to think he is the center of the Universe. He was overheard by the housekeeper when he and Diana were arguing, and he said "don't you know who I am?" If the fragile ego had been dealt with in another way, perhaps he would have better interpersonal relationships ability and be more "humble".
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2018, 07:24:15 pm »

Camilla canmot even last a full tour! She cancelled events and didnt plan to go to thr last part??

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2018, 07:58:55 pm »

I do sometimes wonder if aristos are in fact a tougher breed than they are given credit for; Camilla is gentry and she can't cope with a full tour and has to have Charles bash his long dead ex-consort to get some kind of justification for her marriage to Charles. Meanwhile Diana went through Hades and back and managed to avoid needing a man to protect her reputation. She was at twenty-five someone who had been around the world several times over and managed to keep it together despite so much on her shoulders. Diana had the toughness to break from a family that was DETERMINED to keep her under their thumb and she also had the toughness to expose her husband's vicious hypocrisy and adultery.

Yet Camilla can't cope with a full tour and Kate can't work at all despite all those resources to get both of them through.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2018, 10:17:44 pm »

Amazing how Camilla gets away with it within the family. But she does not fool all the public. Camilla probably had a full contingent  of 'people' helping her and not much really was expected of her but she left early anyway. Camilla and Kate are future consorts.  And ride on excuses. Philip, married to Elizabeth managed to be of support  to his wife on many many tours until he was over 90 and retired.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2018, 01:21:26 am »

Camilla ABANDONS Prince Charles in Nigeria to go home from royal tour early
Prince Charles was seen arriving at Lagos airport in Nigeria without his wife as he embarked on the penultimate day of the nine-day tour of West Africa.

Camilla, 71, whose early departure was scheduled ahead of the visit, also left their Australia tour early in April this year.

A palace insider said it was because the Duchess of Cornwall, who could become Queen when Charles takes to the throne, “doesn’t want to take too much on".

Speaking last year, the palace insider told Express.co.uk Camilla had always planned to go home from Australia early, saying: “The Duchess doesn’t want this, she does get tired.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1042161/camilla-parker-bowles-prince-charles-royal-tour-africa-nigeria-royal-news

Get it together Camilla get it together
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:23:29 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2018, 01:48:40 am »

Is she just being lazy and disrespectful or is there something going on with her health that we don't know about?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2018, 02:00:29 am »

Camilla does look a bit old and bowed sometimes. Her mother Rosalind suffered dreadfully from osteoarthritis and died from complications of it. Do wonder at times whether Camilla is going the same way.

She does suffer from heat though. She can't stand it. That's why on tours to hot countries she goes there first to acclimatise or leaves early.  
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2018, 02:03:59 am »

I think her life is catching up with her and I do think she's at a point where she's beginning to deteriorate. Smoking, booze, screwing around, all of that hits a person FAST at a certain point in their life. Throw in the pressure of how she got that ring and how long it took ,she is likely becoming BUSTED.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2018, 07:32:00 am »

That she has not good health is not her fault. But she is going to be queen in short term and I dont see her increasing her workload especially foreign tours.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2018, 11:43:58 am »

She's always well enough for galas and holidays...

Camilla does look a bit old and bowed sometimes. Her mother Rosalind suffered dreadfully from osteoarthritis and died from complications of it. Do wonder at times whether Camilla is going the same way.

She does suffer from heat though. She can't stand it. That's why on tours to hot countries she goes there first to acclimatise or leaves early.  
As Camilla as Charles look very old and ill IMO
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:46:06 am by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2018, 12:48:50 pm »

That she has not good health is not her fault. But she is going to be queen in short term and I dont see her increasing her workload especially foreign tours.

True, but thing is, she is good to go on holidays and at Raymill and other places. I'm sure Camilla isn't handling it well since she was not raised to be a working woman, but a woman of leisure and indolence. There are demands made on a royal's time and energy and Camilla was not trained in the way she should have been.

SouthernBelle
royal watcher

« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2018, 02:01:08 pm »

How strenuous can it be when you’re traveling with an entourage who does all the heavy lifting — literally and figuratively?  Walkabouts, greeting people, eating dinners, touring various local landmarks, etc. doesn’t sound all that taxing to me! 

My guess would be sheer laziness, both on Camilla’s part and Kate’s. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2018, 02:52:21 pm »

This is not exactly strenuous work and Camilla has energy for galas and dressing up in tiaras and going to food stalls and pubs. There is an entourage ready on royal trips. It's  not just Camilla leaving early in some photos she looks like she's annoyed and sulking. Charles spent megabucks for her preparation beginning ca. late 1996. And she was taken on trips to New York with Bolland to learn how to conduct herself on tours. He called her lazy and did not go on about how it's too much for her healthwise. Kate is a young woman and women have babies and manage to hold down jobs and have terrific children.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2018, 03:34:51 pm »

I believe she has Osteoporosis which her Mother had.  I have a friend who’s only 49 with this illness and some days she says she just cannot function.  She’s gone from being a woman on horseback to a woman crippled by pain, and low pain days are few and far between.

If Camilla has that illness, I *despise* to think what it’s like at age 71.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »

Yes, I despise the role Camilla played in the Wales marriage, but she is obviously not in good health.  She can handle the local engagements, but overseas trips seem to tax her. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »

Bolland said she is lazy and he worked closely with her and he does like her but he is honest. There are no reports that she has osteoporosis. She would at her age be getting regular checkups and bone density testing.

She is not like the average woman going on a business meeting where she would have to take care of her own luggage and so forth. Camilla has an entourage helping her out. And she does get down time.

Her mother's case was so severe she was put into a nursing home and could not even live at her own house.

Camilla does not have this severe case, she would be bedridden for much of the time like her mother was if she has
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2018, 06:04:33 pm »

How strenuous can it be when you’re traveling with an entourage who does all the heavy lifting — literally and figuratively?  Walkabouts, greeting people, eating dinners, touring various local landmarks, etc. doesn’t sound all that taxing to me! 
My guess would be sheer laziness, both on Camilla’s part and Kate’s.

They were not raised or trained to serve, but to indulge in self gratification and be taken care of by the men in their lives, preferably in a style to which they would like to become accustomed. Neither were raised to tough things out and each were allowed to become dependent on those around them.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2018, 07:34:28 pm »

I believe she has Osteoporosis which her Mother had.  I have a friend who’s only 49 with this illness and some days she says she just cannot function.  She’s gone from being a woman on horseback to a woman crippled by pain, and low pain days are few and far between.

If Camilla has that illness, I *despise* to think what it’s like at age 71.

Yes, I despise the role Camilla played in the Wales marriage, but she is obviously not in good health.  She can handle the local engagements, but overseas trips seem to tax her.  

Camilla isnt at such bad condition... she always looks happy and comfortable wearing that heavy queen mary tiara... the woman dont likes touring and the responsabily that cames with that... it's obvious to me... probably her relationship with charles isnt THAT good anymore... she always arrives BEFORE HIM AND then LEFT BEFORE HIM... seems that she also can be fragile as that woman she liked call a madcow...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:36:42 pm by dianab » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: