Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 10:07:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte Thread (Read post #1 before posting) 2018  (Read 11351 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2018, 08:06:05 pm »

George was older there.

I think that George simply doesnt like the cameras. But if it was due to his parents what about Charlotte? She loves them! I think he stresses a lot in public events unless there is an helicopter.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »

It’s clear that Charlotte is the flashy mummy’s girl. George is a sensitive soul, and I imagine Waity gets impatient with him.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2018, 09:07:48 pm »

^ Yeah that's the kids characters I'd say: G very shy, C very outgoing. With G's future role and overall as better preparation and so he gets out of his shell it's even more impotrant to wheel him out more often and get him used to it all. As shy kid the people, cameras and noise is all the worse than it'd be if he were exposed to it all a bit more. As I always say, they should look to the Swedes, Vic & Dan, on how it's done.
Diaphenous
courtier

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2018, 10:41:13 pm »

There is something seriously amiss with George.  It is not normal for a small child to act to so frightened and sad without good reason.  As for Charlotte. she is the complete opposite and, dare I say, looks a right little madam.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2018, 03:28:13 am »

I *despise* to say it (and please Mods delete if needs to be) but Georgie acts like an abused little boy. I've seen so many that have that beat down look.  sob
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2018, 03:49:17 am »

I do not believe he is suffering some kind of abuse, my beloved.
There are children who are more shy, like me, when I was a child at other children's parties people do everything, but I didnt let my father's legs even to eat, and it was not for abuse or suffering in my home family, but only for shy.
When he grows up a little more, he'll get a little better, always be shy, but he'll be able to control more. There are children more shy and others more uninhibited, this is normal hug
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:55:03 am by Fernanda Nunes » Logged

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2018, 10:53:44 am »

^^ Agree, something really wrong there, it is more than just shyness IMO.  He seems scared of his own shadow, always looking worried that he might get told off.  I am not thinking physical abuse, but mental/emotional.  I can just hear council cath shouting at him, and comparing him with sprog II, who seems t be the best thing since sliced bread for council cath.  We have seen her hauling him along and obviously telling him off with that hard look on her face.  I gain the impression she has never been overly fond of him, but sprog II is the bees knees for her and her pr prop.  Even her character reminds me of council caro  -  not one bit of shyness, likes to take the limelight, IMO she not only looks like council caro, she very much appears to me to have her character too.  How awful for the poor sprog, wouldn´t wish that on my worst enemy.
india
Princess

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2018, 12:16:18 pm »

^ you are so right gingerboy. Charlotte, The Viperette, is practically worshipped by her Potato Head so called mother. Probably because she does exactly what she is told. And she is a completer clone of The Viper. I know it is awful for me to say but I detest The Viperette for that mere fact. And as for George: I pity him so much. No telling what The Potato Head does to him behind closed doors. He is obviously horrified by his so called mother. Terrified. She is one mean woman as we have seen over the years. Nothing nice about that one.
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »

^ and ^^  Agree with both of you.  George appears to be a very unsettled soul, which is not shyness.  It looks obvious to me too that Charlotte is Waity's favorite.  In the long term this will be worse for Charlotte as we can all envision Waity being way too involved in Charlotte's life as the Viper was with Waity.  In the meantime, I think George needs to spend more time alone with his father and with Prince Charles.  He is a future king after all, and needs encouragement and guidance from the royal family.  I've always thought he spent too much time with the Middletons when he was younger.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:38 pm »

Prince Charles is said not to like small children around. I don't think he has much time to be with his grandchildren. I would be revolted at George spending time with Charles since it would mean Camilla would be hovering about. Rather creepy considering how much Camilla loathed George's paternal grandmother. I don't dislike Charlotte at all. I think both children may have a difficult time of it in the scheme of things. And the third one also. I don't think any of the children should spend a lot of times with the adults: I hope they all have close friends their own age. George should enjoy his childhood and not worry about future Kingship. The monarchy might not last that long in any case.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2018, 04:38:32 pm »

Ah, but chucky is very happy to spend time with the children of camzilla, quite a few photos on google, and he lifted one of them up on the balcony, not sure which event/when.  And he had the tree house revamped at his country pile for them.  He gives me the impression it is the medd grandchildren he is not keen to mix with, he has no problem with the others.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//royalty/2013071013077/kate-middleton-baby-born-william/0-68-912/charles-eliza-lopes-1--z.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/royalty/2014081520480/prince-charles-bonds-duchess-cornwall-grandchildren-highland-games/0-109-85/prince-charles1--a.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/royalty/2014081520480/prince-charles-bonds-duchess-cornwall-grandchildren-highland-games/0-109-88/prince-charles--a.jpg
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:40:48 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2018, 04:54:00 pm »

^ Thanks for posting those photos gingerboy24; I hadn't seen the last two before.  Yes, he seems to enjoy those children! 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:19 pm »

Ah, but chucky is very happy to spend time with the children of camzilla, quite a few photos on google, and he lifted one of them up on the balcony, not sure which event/when.  And he had the tree house revamped at his country pile for them.  He gives me the impression it is the medd grandchildren he is not keen to mix with, he has no problem with the others.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//royalty/2013071013077/kate-middleton-baby-born-william/0-68-912/charles-eliza-lopes-1--z.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/royalty/2014081520480/prince-charles-bonds-duchess-cornwall-grandchildren-highland-games/0-109-85/prince-charles1--a.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/royalty/2014081520480/prince-charles-bonds-duchess-cornwall-grandchildren-highland-games/0-109-88/prince-charles--a.jpg

Charles did not seem to interact much with the then tot other than picking her up or seem to enthusiastic. Anyway, the one who should be interacting with the Camilla grandchildren is their grandfather APB. Camilla was calling attention to her grandchild and away from the bride and groom which was not the most polite thing to do IMO.

George, Charlotte and Louis (eventually of course) should hopefully have good friends their own age.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2018, 05:15:48 pm »

I doubt they have many friends. They seem to spend all their time cooped up inside the palace with Nanny Maria, or with the Medds. I imagine they’re being taught to believe that they’re better than all the other children at school because of their bloodline.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »

^^  I beg to differ, he was interacting quite well. Will have to agree to disagree on that one.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2018, 06:13:09 pm »

G doesn't have to worry about his future kingship, it's his parents who should worry and raise him accordingly. It also isn't just his future role, throne or not, they are in the public eye and if the public is distressing the boy so much, then they have to take appropriate measures to get him used to his surroundings. Even "normal" people are in pain when they have a very shy child and send them to classes to become more outgoing (acting, dance, sports etc).
Kids need adults in their lives too, at all stages, as well as peers. Though many small children who are around adults a lot seem to be better behaved and a touch smarter, they don't suffer from not having friends their own age. And even if G & C had many friends, those are their parents' friends kids and it's not like G&C in that case have their own friends, and where they're like "wow today was very stressful/ I'd like to have hot milk today with Florence! Should give the gal a call!"
Charles may not like the mess small kids make, but that's normal for people his age. Even for young people. Charles has a great track record with kids, incl Camz's and they are married, what does it matter that Camz & APB are around those kids from both sides? It is how it is now, doesn't help or change anything. Makes also no sense and just creates unnecessary discord in the family.
Charles complained via press he never sees his grandkids, even though he re-did the treehouse for them. Seems Bill is keeping them away from Chuck and it's said H has a better relationship with Chuck than Bill. And Chuck is a very very difficult man himself. They create their own problems, likely due to deeprooted issues (childhood traumas etc, Bill saw a lot of the Wales war).
Also Camz has her own house down the road from Chuck, it's not like Camz necessarily "hovers" around when Chuck's grandkids are around. I don't like any of them, but it also makes no sense to keep the kids away from C&C (well except their own issues).

^^ I think most, me too, have that very impression. K in particular seems not to have friends.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2018, 07:02:13 pm »

^ I read from a royal watcher that visited Frogmore I think?? That the guide said that the kids do visit Charles and also the wood house. How true it is no idea.

Also I think that George is very introverted and thats it. He will be too spoiled as future king. No way they will be treated badly when he will be king. And Carole will play QM to him.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »

I t hink the treehouse was spin to show Charles was involved. And he had damage control a few years ago when he placed a photo of himself with George next to him when he gave a speech.

I think Charles does take a back seat to APB re: being grandparent to Tom and Laura's children. APB and Camilla are the grandparents and naturally would be the two that spend the most time with the children. Charles spends time with them of course but the children probably see more of APB and Camilla during visits to Raymill.

Since Kate is close to her mother and William likes the Middletons I think George, Charlotte and Louis spend the most time with them. C and C are busy with royal duties.

I agree Kate does not have close friends of her own she spent years giving death stares to women (if they spoke to Prince William or looked like they were flirting). Which is why I see it as important for George, Charlotte and Louis to have close friends among their peers as they grow up.

Bedell Smith adores Charles but she did mention in her book that Tiggy called Charles advising him to go to George's birthday party.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2018, 07:07:31 pm »

^^ That's quite possible, Charles's public complaints were years ago, I think C wasn't even born yet or just about. Very possible that things have changed/ improved! And, to be the devil's advocate, staff isn't going to say "no Chuck doesn't ever see his grandkids" Cool tehe easter-egg-basket easter-James
sandy
Princess

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2018, 07:08:44 pm »

It took some time for Charles to see Louis after he was born.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: