Royal Gossip
September 23, 2018, 11:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insiders VI  (Read 88670 times)
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »

^^^  Now we know why they looked happier than they usually do at the christening.  Time to bolt for vacation with the Viper!!
india
Princess

« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »

Don't you know she is one nasty piece of council house work.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2018, 09:34:34 pm »

Anyone can share the twitter thread Royal Reporter did? Its gold.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #463 on: July 31, 2018, 09:46:32 pm »

^  here you go

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/with_replies

I haven't played since I stopped
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #464 on: July 31, 2018, 09:59:36 pm »

That thing is priceless. Confirms some things and reveals quite a bit
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1024263261045309440

It's easier to read here
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1024263261045309440.html?refreshed=yes
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #465 on: July 31, 2018, 10:00:37 pm »

Please post them! In case he deletes. Sorry for asking from cellphone is a bit difficult to do it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #466 on: July 31, 2018, 10:19:14 pm »

^ I did in the private section, but here it is publicly for everyone to read (I highlighted what I found esp interesting, though the whole thing is pure gold, and copied the whole thread also for fear of Palmer deleting  tehe )

By Richard Palmer

>>A thread on the Duchess of Sussex. I started on Twitter back in 2009 because I thought it would be fun to give readers a glimpse of life as a royal reporter. Lately, it has not been much fun at all.

At least one of my colleagues has called in the police after threats were made to relatives; another was told she deserved to have acid thrown in her face. We have all faced unpleasant and unfounded accusations of racism towards Meghan.

As a liberal journalist and trade union activist, I can't think of much worse than being called a racist, apart from being accused of murder, r*pe, and p*edophilia.

Trolls on social media are an uncomfortable fact of life for many, especially journalists. Some of my colleagues talked about this earlier this year in interviews with Australia's ABC.

You might remember that when Prince Harry lashed out at some sections of the media over its treatment of Meghan, he also criticised social media trolls, accusing them of racism and sexism. Many of those defending Meghan are as bad in my opinion.

I think there were stories that went over the top and I don't blame Harry and the palace for pushing back. But I also think Harry and the communications team at KP went over the top and bear some responsibility for the way that royal corrs are now treated on social media.

I'm happy to tell Harry that to his face. I really like him and think he is a huge asset for Britain but I think this has gone far enough now.

As someone who likes engaging with readers and believes in being as transparent as possible, I feel I often get blamed for stories that I have never written or that haven't even appeared in my newspaper. Many journalists with similar approaches are now disengaging from Twitter.

So, if this just unleashes a load of foul-mouthed abuse, I might withdraw more and just post links to stories (except I am unhappy with our website's approach to royal stories and as a result the only ones of mine appearing online are versions of stories already in print).

So, to the Duchess of Sussex. Like every royal corr[espondent] and photographer I know, I am delighted she's joined the Royal Family. She's a breath of fresh air, beautiful, and - let's be honest - a new character in the royal soap opera. It all makes for good copy.

Her estrangement from her father and that side of the family is a story. It's what people are talking about. To be honest, I can't think what else there is to say about it but if there is a genuine new line, I will happily write it.

It's not difficult to see why she has frozen that side of the family out. I suspect the story will fade away if she doesn't fuel it.

She does seem to be someone who moves on and discards people from her past so I have no idea if she still wants to be close to her father and half siblings. If she does, I'd suggest (a bit like in a peace process) there needs to be some confidence-building ie no leaking stories.

Some in her family openly admit they see a money-making opportunity here. They're pretty brazen about it but of course there are plenty of others both inside and just outside the Royal Family who have traded on the name.

Princess Diana's brother may have been an excellent US television reporter but might his connection have helped him get the job? How has the former wife of Prince Andrew made a living all these years? How many royals have sold interviews, wedding pictures to magazines?

As for the Duchess of Sussex, I'd like to make a couple of other observations as a reporter who's covered her engagements. Royal rota journalists are being kept further away from her than we were before the wedding. That means we can't hear what she is saying.

If you can't get direct quotes from members of the Royal Family that often makes for dull stories. You go up afterwards and ask what she said. Mr Bloggs said: "The Duchess expressed the hope that women would eventually get the same opportunities as men in this profession." Boring

So, just as with Kate, that inevitably leaves you with little else to write about except what she wore and looked like. They are too lovebirds so it is quite sweet but these stories have limited shelf life.

My hope is that when they come back from their summer break, Meghan will be given a bit of a freer rein to express herself (within earshot of the media) and get stuck into some of the serious topics she wants to tackle. She has the soft power to help many people in this world.

What she wears will always be of interest to some readers, of course, but it doesn't have to be all of the story.
<<

From
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1024263261045309440.html?refreshed=yes

Original thread on Twitter
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1024263261045309440
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:21:30 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #467 on: August 05, 2018, 05:21:14 pm »

Well this is a very nice article.  Richard obviously likes Meghan and think she's beautiful which she clearly is not. She's an attractive woman but not beautiful. Interesting that he admits she drops people but she doesn't need anymore which is such a bad quality that I'm surprised he likes her. But to each his own.

The only constant is change.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2018, 05:28:19 am »

^Both Richard and Piers have said the same thing about her dropping people all in less than a week.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #469 on: August 06, 2018, 04:47:34 pm »

^^^ Thanks for posting HRHOlya!
I like this from Richard Palmer.  He has enough years of experience covering the royal family to have a good perspective about what's going on with MM.  His is made clearly and logically and is well reasoned.  I sincerely hope that Harry and MM read it and start coming back to reality!
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #470 on: August 06, 2018, 06:05:33 pm »

I take ‘some’ of what RP says as very honest, but a long time back with Waity he said he had to stay within guidelines with what he writes.  I took that to clearly mean that his own personal thoughts may differ from what he writes.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #471 on: August 06, 2018, 06:32:28 pm »

^^  urwelcome

^ I think that is the case for all journos. I think they suck up and have to, even when they don't want to. Write positive pieces to deflect from truths coming out etc. That's why a symbiotic relationship is toxic (it's well known that the Cambs used to (likely still do) trott out the kids in front of the journos in private in exchange for good press, which I find weird as the journos can't even write about that or publish pics; also public photocalls are made journos can and do write about for access to them, those who criticize the Winds have their access removed and become less lucrative to their employers as the papers can't write much anymore wtithout access).
It's quite dirty and very dishonest, who washes whose hand and quid pro quo business. Journalism is really such a shyte show.
 thumbsdown

So now journos get less access, i.e. have their "privileges" removed and can't do their job, so naturally they are becoming grumpy - to say the least - and might finally actually write some truths.

Over the years every once in a while journos would write some truths about the Cambs, but very soon fawing bs pieces would pop up and news that the Cambs had give private audiences to a select few journos.

I wish they'd just write what they know. I always wonder how much they really know and the secrets they harbour.

"Guidelines": as set up by KP. Then they pretend like they don't stifle others, like when about 10 years ago the duke of I don't remember (a Winds) visited offices I think in Chester, and "advice" from an official in Chester (whose employer are the Winds) that a picture of Diana be taken down. When asked BP said they gave no such orders and would never do that, even though that is a load of bs spin!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: