Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 02:54:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate: Press Articles & Random I Chat 2018  (Read 21631 times)
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #320 on: October 14, 2018, 10:24:15 pm »

My sincerest wish for her wardrobe is that she would engage with more British designers who could, in keeping with British design and fabrics, do a bit more for her in terms of classic and yet some kind of evolution, growth. I often think her clothes are a bit tight, especially her skinny leggings.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »

^ Those spray-on jeggings are criminal and should never have been produced to begin with! They don't look good on anyone, and peeling them off at the end of the day must be hell. Can't fathom why anyone wears them, esp someone in such an official and important capacity.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »

Jeggings are worn by women who prefer to show as much off as possible. I do not think Kate is used to the reality that she doesn't have to show it off anymore to get a ring. Unfortunately, she was raised to advertise, not protect herself and respect herself by dressing decently.

My sincerest wish for her wardrobe is that she would engage with more British designers who could, in keeping with British design and fabrics, do a bit more for her in terms of classic and yet some kind of evolution, growth. I often think her clothes are a bit tight, especially her skinny leggings.

She didn't marry William to be a British princess; she's emulating Diana near the end of Diana's life, when after the divorce Diana became more cosmopolitan. Kat eodesn't realize or understand that she is married in and should be more British-centric. Someone might guide her, but I think the courtiers are giving up on her and not bothering anymore. Clearly Kate won't listen and she's WAY beyond the point in her life where she should have to be guided in anything.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2018, 10:07:00 pm »

The Cambridges have been indulging in some touchy-feely stuff lately, according to this article!

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a25008492/meghan-markle-prince-harry-kate-middleton-prince-william-pda/
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2018, 10:24:41 pm »

The DM did an article too.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6379973/How-Harry-Meghans-PDAs-inspired-William-Kate.html

Wills and Waity have shown pda either for the cameras or on Wills part, to “push” her along from lingering, way before Meghan came onto the scene.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/180043936243/sorry-daily-mail-but-i-am-allergic-to-bullshit

Keep Calm and Carry On
india
Princess

« Reply #325 on: November 13, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

Give me a break
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #326 on: November 14, 2018, 10:35:19 pm »

You know, I understand a lot of people think Kate has at long last matured, but I think she's faced something about her life that has killed off any kind of real spark inside of her that she might have had left. It could well be that she has faced the ugly facts that she will not be getting all she thought she would have as William's wife. She is not a respected or beloved figure on the world stage, she is not going to go to fashion shows by the dozen, and the press is not making her their main priority. It's clear she thought she would launch into the cosmopolitan dream life, but that didn't happen and she might in fact have become broken. I think this marriage has broken her spirit and broken her heart. I think she thought she was the magical 'one' and all her past would be gone, her mishaps forgiven, and she would be embraced by the BRF and William and William would protect her forever.

Instead, the opposite has happened and she's now aware of just what a mess she's made of her life. Even her own family is of no comfort and is using her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2018, 09:53:23 pm »

Kate's secret girls' day out with Charlotte revealed: Duchess took her daughter, three, to watch a rehearsal of The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House ahead of opening night this week
The Duchess of Cambridge took Princess Charlotte for a mother-daughter trip to the ballet, it has been revealed.

Kate, 36, brought her three-year-old daughter along to watch a rehearsal of the Royal Ballet's production of The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House, in London, last week ahead of its opening night on Monday.

Social media photos emerged showing the royal mother and daughter in the auditorium following the performance.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6464113/Kate-Middleton-Princess-Charlotte-watch-Nutcracker-ballet-London.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:24 pm »

^^  KF, most married people, then, have broken spirits, because reality hits hard in all marriages.   I think Kate went through a rough patch after her first year of marriage.  She looked as though she was going through depression or something.   However, she appears to be finding her feet and enjoying her duties.   The only constant in life is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2018, 11:13:54 pm »

Unless it is fun, I truly don't think she enjoys her duties. Her smiles and open mouthed laughter seems very affected and fake. I don't think there was any problem the first year just that she wanted to continue the lifestyle of doing very little work and she did resist doing it through excuses.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »

^^  KF, most married people, then, have broken spirits, because reality hits hard in all marriages.   I think Kate went through a rough patch after her first year of marriage.  She looked as though she was going through depression or something.   However, she appears to be finding her feet and enjoying her duties.   The only constant in life is change.

I don't think she was depressed; I think she was waking up to the reality that, as a royal, she would have to actually work and do something. She was deeply unpopular with the rest of the RF and the public. It's ridiculous that it has taken 7 years for her to 'find her feet', especially as she spent basically a decade doing nothing apart from acting as Wills's girlfriend.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50:44 pm »

I think she has always done what William told her to do. She didnt work much because he didnt want to work and  he didnt want her to outshine him.

Either way it worked well for the RF. Katr had had the heir, she is mostly popular but not overly so and does what the RF says.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2018, 06:53:22 pm »

^yup and wasn't it rumored that Kate didn't work cause she wanted to be on call for William whenever he needed her he says jump she says how high?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2018, 06:56:06 pm »

And it also worked out for Charles. He wont like any dil that wants to get all the attention...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »

^true  but he now has his hands full with  the Sussex who crave attention,  and Meghan will not want/or stand to be put on the back burner

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2018, 07:02:38 pm »

Yes I agree. Hr may very nice and all but any whiff that she is trying to be diana v2 and she is toast. And this is what I believe happened with all the press stories.

Kate being boring has its advantadges.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »

I guess Beatrice thought if she were like Kate and just stayed in a relationship for years it would work for her too. But Dave Clark dumped her anyway. I think it was Kate's idea to wait and Will did not tell her to do it. He even dumped her a few times.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2018, 07:10:46 pm »

I sometimes wonder if Dave thought that he wouldn't be able to support Beatrice at all and realized he wasn't cut out to it. Beatrice has her wealth, but I wonder if whether or not it would have made any difference to Dave.

^yup and wasn't it rumored that Kate didn't work cause she wanted to be on call for William whenever he needed her he says jump she says how high?

Exactly, she was his 'beck and call girl' and if you give the real name to 'official girlfriend,' we're talking more along the lines of 'official mistress.' She was his mistress for all those years. If she had been any kind of respectable girlfriend, she never would have been kept in the bars, the nightclubs dressing like a tramp and taken to the seedy jet set places where most shady types go. He never would have made vulgar remarks or made her wait so long if he viewed her as respectable. Second, the BRF never would have made her wait that long to get a ring. If the relationship is serious and respectable, the bride to be is never made to wait ten long years. Even during her engagement she was kept out of the palaces instead of being moved in swiftly.

As for the BRF, I think at this point in time they've washed their hands of her and let her do what she wants (or doesn't want).

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2018, 08:01:41 pm »

I don't think she was depressed; I think she was waking up to the reality that, as a royal, she would have to actually work and do something. She was deeply unpopular with the rest of the RF and the public. It's ridiculous that it has taken 7 years for her to 'find her feet', especially as she spent basically a decade doing nothing apart from acting as Wills's girlfriend.

During the engagement period and the first year or so of marriage, Kate seemed happy and was out and about on engagements.  It wasn't until around the time of George's pregnancy/birth that her demeanor took a nose dive.  It was discussed here, I believe.  Almost she had been hit by bad news in her marriage or she had depression or something.  It's pretty easy to see through photographs.  No, she isn't a workhorse, but she was "working" at the beginning and seemed to enjoy it.

As for the BRF, I think at this point in time they've washed their hands of her and let her do what she wants (or doesn't want).

Actually she appears to be given more duties and protection and guidance.  Things have shifted. 

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2018, 08:10:20 pm »

^ I wasn't around the boards etc when G came along, but I do remember comments how K's demeanor took a nose-dive during the 1st year after Bill came back from the Falklands.

^^^^ I agree on the above Fly & Alexandrine!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: