Royal Gossip
August 18, 2018, 05:30:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cambridge's Schedule: 2018 Edition  (Read 4034 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 12:44:37 pm »

I have never suggested titles being removed but rather voluntarily given up. George V removed a number of titles when he did the LPs in 1917 (Lord Mountbatten's father famously commented that he arrived at a weekend house party a Prince and left a Marquis).

No one is saying that the children of the monarch shouldn't be HRH.

What I am saying is that it should be announced that only the heir will work for the Firm and that the others must earn their own living - not live as socialites unless they can do so without any cost to the public. No security for them either if they are private citizens.

Going forward the family needs to be streamlined so the question is what is meant by that - is it relationship to the monarch or limited to place in the line of succession. If all children of the monarch are to work for the Firm then there will need to be a clear understanding about how many children they can have or we get a blown own set up like we have now with four children which no one really wants working for the family anymore - certainly not Andrew and Edward but as they are higher in the line of succession than Anne if they go then she has to go as well.

I am saying line of succession should limit the size of the working family not relationship to the monarch so that Charlotte and her new sibling have to make their way as private citizens. Unless George dies without issue they will be surplus to requirements as far as the future of the monarchy is concerned - like Harry is now and Andrew and Beatrice and Eugenie etc etc.

HRHs are only removed from married in royals on divorce e.g. Diana and Sarah (although Sarah kept her HRH until Diana's divorce). Could you imagine if Sarah was still HRH The Duchess of York what she would be doing???

I agree it needs to be thought through for new generations but if left too long it won't be able to be brought into effect until George is King rather than when William is King.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »

I would rather see Princess Charlotte like Princess Anne, doing her work and giving back, and not like  a Socialite like Kitty Spencer being photographed going to parties and the races and so on.  The temptation would then for her to live off her $$$ and not have any incentive to do anything except "fun" things. She may not even bother to get a job. With some structure, she would achieve and be of assistance to her family and certainly Prince George would appreciate having a sibling taking on some of the work.

Charlotte would be the sister of a monarch and would need security. Going her own way would put her in danger of not having the security her elder sibling would She would be vulnerable. Even Princess Anne who was working as a royal and had security, was the victim of an attempted kidnapping. Putting Charlotte in an "ordinary" job would be very risky. She is not a Lady Louise but the daughter of a future King. What if something happened to Charlotte if her security were removed? The royals certainly would have to rethink this risky move.

Charles and his siblings are aging out, so the younger ones have to take up the slack.

And George and his future wife will have a family but the children would not be able to work for 20 or more years. So naturally, Charlotte and the younger sibling could do that.

I do think it is a risk to make some of the heir to the heir's children private citizens. They would be targeted without the protection the oldest would get.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 03:33:02 pm »

William

January 9  The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this morning received Colonel Tim Purdon
January 10th The Duke of Cambridge, President of @royalmarsdenNHS, will visit the Trust’s facilities in Chelsea to view two pioneering robotic surgeries.
January 10 The Duke of Cambridge will meet with @theCALMzone staff, volunteers and supporters to support their new campaign the 'Best Man Project' #bestmanproject
January 18  The Duke of Cambridge will be visiting @EvelinaLondon children's hospital
January 23 The Duke of Cambridge will deliver the keynote speech at the @ChtyCommission Annual Public Meeting

Kate
January 10th The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Reach Academy Feltham  to see their work with @Place2Be supporting children and families in the school.
January 11  Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, today attended the HeadStart Conference
January 17 The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @GreatOrmondSt on  to officially open the Mittal Children's Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building.
January 17 The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @Wimbledon, will visit Bond Primary School in Mitcham to see the work of the Wimbledon Junior Tennis Initiative.

William and Kate
January 16th The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Coventry on  will visit Coventry Cathedral, Coventry University and The Positive Youth Foundation.
January 30 - February 2 Tour Sweden and Norway

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
logically
courtier

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »

^ So on the 16th in Coventry they will eventually list/count that as 3 events/work each?

That's 2 days in a row for WK - does she get overtime for being over extended?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 05:23:30 am »

^ They'll probably go on a long holiday soon for Carole's birthday.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:39 am »

They will be struggling to fit in too long.

There is a gap in their schedule of four days from the 18th - 22nd January and then from the 24th - 29th January. Normally when there is a royal tour the participants will be in the UK for the week or so leading up to it.

They also now have a child at school and the UK doesn't approve children being taken out of school for overseas holidays (I doubt they would be fined but it would be a very poor example to set).

Of course the fact that they don't announce a number of their engagements all that far in advance, unlike say Anne who has engagements announced into May, means they may have engagements on those days anyway. They normally only announce engagements outside the palaces where people can see them in advance and not those that happen inside the palaces so there could easily be a briefing or two or a reception as a pre-tour event but not announced ahead of schedule as there won't be any chance of the public seeing them.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:22 am »

I see they are doing something in early February as well. Maybe they won't be going on a long holiday for Carole's birthday after all.  Shocked

As for the kids, they have multiple nannies. If the parents had to leave the country, there would still be people to watch G & C and take them to school.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 05:35:57 am »

I think though it would be hard on the kids to have Mum and Dad take a holiday in the sun while they have to go to school. Better to go as a family in the summer when the new baby is here and they can be together.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 04:35:21 pm »

Then there is the Baby moon where children are not usually included.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 09:20:46 pm »

I'm sorry but babymoon is such a stupid phrase.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 09:35:52 pm »

Yes it is! Along with terms like Dressing the Bump. Ridiculous
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 10:17:18 pm »

^^ Agree, but also a "babymoon" happens only once: before the birth after the 1st child. After that there are no more "babymoons".
Like a "honeymoon" can only happen once: after the wedding. A holiday (your 1000th since marrying) sometime in year 5 of being married can't be a honeymoon.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:22 am »

I think though it would be hard on the kids to have Mum and Dad take a holiday in the sun while they have to go to school. Better to go as a family in the summer when the new baby is here and they can be together.

I don't think G& C would know the difference; they spend most of their time with their nannies, especially Nanny Maria. Why else would W&K employ two full-time nannies (as well as a night nurse) unless they were planning on being away a lot/not seeing the kids much? They really would only need a nanny when they do their appearances (one part-time job) if they were as close as some people seem to think. All those stories about G & C keeping him up at night are laughable. Nannies + far more rooms than people = no lost sleep.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 10:17:29 am »

^ They also have famously taken holidays 1000s of miles away without their kids. Eg a jaunt in the Maldives when George was only 8 months old. I find that cruel to the child. When they want to take a holiday, they do. They aren't bothered about their kids or the kids' schedules.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

William

January 9  The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this morning received Colonel Tim Purdon
January 10th The Duke of Cambridge, President of @royalmarsdenNHS, will visit the Trust’s facilities in Chelsea to view two pioneering robotic surgeries.
January 10 The Duke of Cambridge will meet with @theCALMzone staff, volunteers and supporters to support their new campaign the 'Best Man Project' #bestmanproject
January 18  The Duke of Cambridge will be visiting @EvelinaLondon children's hospital
January 23 The Duke of Cambridge will deliver the keynote speech at the @ChtyCommission Annual Public Meeting

Kate
January 10th The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Reach Academy Feltham  to see their work with @Place2Be supporting children and families in the school.
January 11  Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, today attended the HeadStart Conference
January 17 The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @GreatOrmondSt on  to officially open the Mittal Children's Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building.
January 17 The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @Wimbledon, will visit Bond Primary School in Mitcham to see the work of the Wimbledon Junior Tennis Initiative.
January 23 launched the Mentally Healthy schools programme at Roe Green Junior School
January 24 Maurice Wohl Clinical Neuroscience Institute  and  Perinatal Service at Bethlem Royal Hospital

William and Kate
January 16th The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Coventry on  will visit Coventry Cathedral, Coventry University and The Positive Youth Foundation.
January 30 - February 2 Tour Sweden and Norway

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »

Why is William doing even less work than Kate?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »

^ To a certain extent I think Kate has been playing catchup with some of her engagements from 2017, since she had to cancel due to the HG or morning sickness episodes of last year. Quite a few things had to be cancelled, postponed and rescheduled, I believe. She also has to get some kind of decent averages up for this year before the birth and maternity leave, as people noted last year that she came trailing way behind her brother in law and husband, albeit because of illness.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »

She's been very busy (for her standards) lately, and I think several things are at play here: the usual rush before holidays & maternity leave, new staff (i.e. Quinn) setting sail differently, this time around her cancelled engagements were rescheduled and not dropped like before when she had fantasy-HG, and also what I have thought for years would happen: Harry gets serious and brings a woman on board (gets engaged/ married) and Waity suddenly feels she must step up.

I have read comments how her speeches and appearance have improved, I can't comment because I haven't really paid much attention to the detail & "quality" of her "work" lately, but I think this is the true "Meghan effect". The real bum kicker for Waity would always have been Harry's wife. We'll see how that will play out in the future. We've also had pap shots since Harry's engagement of Kate like never before (since marriage), and that's no conincidence either imo. bored3
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 01:59:42 am »

I think Quinn has been working Kate over and getting Kate to do work that the taxpayer assigns her to do. I don't think she's someone who would voluntarily do her duties and I did read comments about how there's no excuse for her to not be a seasoned royal speaker.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:13 am »

^At this point, there really is no excuse for her not having her act together. Aside from her being naturally lazy, I believe part of the issue has been surrounding herself with folks like Tash and Rebecca. It also didn't help that William let her get away with not towing the line.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: