Royal Gossip
April 22, 2018, 10:52:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is the new windows update working for you?  (Read 124 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: December 31, 2017, 06:17:26 pm »

So windows is updating windows 10 with a new update that is huge like it seems to install everything again. Though if you are using the home version it makes you update whatever you think about it.

The problem is that it gives a lot of problems as you probably haven't prepared the pc to update and this is update is super sneaky. It will update whatever trick you try.

People at work had many problems with their laptops, some of them have lost their laptops to this update. Mine was able to update but it working badly after it.

My laptop at home is trying to update and being pc from a company that does not exist anymore there is no updating of drivers or anything from them so I am really afraid I will lose my pc sooner or later  sob sob

And laptops right now are or very cheap or very expensive. I have even thought of using mac but it seems very expensive for a 15'' laptop.

wopedo

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 06:40:58 pm »

I haven't had any trouble whatsoever. Frankly I've never had the trouble Microsoft/ Windows is so reputed for... Not with the hated 8 or any other iteration across the laptops and computers I've used so far...  dontknow
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »

No, me either! Everything has worked fine and I even like windows 8.

But for the update 1709 I have seen laptops literally die so I cannot understand what they are thinking. I like the idea of one windows being updated but the update has to be easy, you should have control if you want to update and when, and it must work!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: