Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 04:07:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke of Cambridge Engagements 2018  (Read 12763 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »

Yes, where was Macron and the Sussexes seem to be being reigned in right now.  There were two recent events where MM was seen to leave early, the first at PC’s 70th at BP when he sent an RPO over to Harry.  The latest at the weekends wedding where she quickly went to the car after pics where she and Harry looked as if they were having words.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2018, 11:43:36 pm »

Macron and the French Prime Minister thought this event was so important they stayed on their holidays.

The Sussexes were never supposed to attend this event. It was always announced as a William only event.

11th November will be different as they will, no doubt, be a bit scattered. As the 11/11 falls on a Sunday this year I expect Charles to take the lead at the Cenotaph as he did last year with The Queen and Philip on the balcony but I wouldn't be surprised if William and Kate are back in France and maybe Harry and Meghan in Belgium for any commemorations there for the end of the war - or the other way round. Then again maybe the BRF will all be together in the UK and none at any commemorations in France or Belgium.

In 1998 The Queen visited both France and Belgium on the 11/11 but it wasn't on a Sunday. In 2008 Charles and Camilla went to the commemorations for the end of the war at Verdun and the Duchess of Gloucester attended the event at the Cenotaph but that was on a Tuesday so not the main Remembrance Day event in the UK.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2018, 07:11:16 pm »

How low can you go, Prime Minister? Theresa May performs ANOTHER excruciatingly deep curtsy as she meets Prince William

Commemorations at Amiens Cathedral in northern France yesterday marked centenary of Battle of Amiens
    Photos of Theresa May greeting the Duke of Cambridge with an awkward-looking curtsy at the event
    The Prime Minister has often been snapped lunging low while performing a curtsy for various royals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-6041691/How-low-Theresa-PM-performs-excruciatingly-deep-curtsy-Prince-William.html?mrn_rm=rta-fallback

Thatcher too used to nearly kiss the floor when bowing and scraping. Embarrassing.

The cathedral is stunning!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2018, 08:45:24 pm »

^Thatcher did that to mock them from what I remember reading about her. It’s embarrassing that the prime minister’s bowing and scraping to someone with no real power on his own and didn’t earn much of anything on his own either. She also knows some of the royal’s secrets and lies, yet she has to genuflect towards them. I don’t get how she got up without injuring herself as she’s so low.

Keep Calm and Carry On
india
Princess

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2018, 10:44:33 pm »

You couldn't pay me any amount of money to curtsy to The Unintelligent Duke of Dork and his moronic Potato Head. No Way In Hell.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2018, 11:44:17 pm »

The cathedral is stunning!

So true. If you get the chance to go it is well worth the visit.

The battle fields of France are somewhere I think everyone should visit (especially if from a country that fought there). The Somme is a regular place for Aussies to visit of course, and that includes Amiens. Verdun is also worth a visit as it is the French main site - with many villages having been so totally destroyed they were never rebuilt - and nearby is the main American WWI memorial. So sad to see the dates for so many of the young Americans - 11th November, 1918 figures prominently on both the headstones and the list of the missing for the Americans there. I suspect that many Americans visit the Normandy beaches (and rightly so) but miss the WWI sites further east.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2018, 07:08:10 pm »

^Thatcher did that to mock them from what I remember reading about her. It’s embarrassing that the prime minister’s bowing and scraping to someone with no real power on his own and didn’t earn much of anything on his own either. She also knows some of the royal’s secrets and lies, yet she has to genuflect towards them. I don’t get how she got up without injuring herself as she’s so low.

Even worse to see people curtsey to Kate and Meghan.  I'll bet KM was on the phone chortling to Ma the first time, and especially now.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2018, 03:59:20 pm »

KensingtonPalace

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @RoyalMail's Worldwide International Logistics Centre at Heathrow on Thursday 6th September, to see how @United4Wildlife Transport Taskforce members are working together to disrupt attempts to traffic illegal wildlife products.

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Newcastle and Gateshead on Friday 7th September to attend the Great Exhibition of the North.

@GETNorth2018 is a three-month celebration of the North of England's pioneering spirit #GETNorth2018

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »

I wonder when Kate will finally start working again.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2018, 05:32:29 pm »

^ I'm gonna bet the week of September 17-21. Prior to that, she will do the first-day-of-school photocalls.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2018, 06:46:42 pm »

Kate is so effing suburban; I wonder how different it would be if she in fact hadn't married William. At least the British taxpayer wouldn't be financing her lifestyle.

KensingtonPalace

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @RoyalMail's Worldwide International Logistics Centre at Heathrow on Thursday 6th September, to see how @United4Wildlife Transport Taskforce members are working together to disrupt attempts to traffic illegal wildlife products.

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Newcastle and Gateshead on Friday 7th September to attend the Great Exhibition of the North.

@GETNorth2018 is a three-month celebration of the North of England's pioneering spirit #GETNorth2018

Another asinine engagement; they should send in beauty queens to do these openings and save the cash and security hassle.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2018, 02:35:18 am »

^If she'd have married a man with a little bit of money a la Pips, she would be doing the same thing with even less charity "work."

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2018, 03:20:05 am »

The titled ones wouldn't have her; they had better family lives and wanted to make a living during their twenties and didn't go to uni to find a wife. Kate was assigned to bag a prince and since he was stupid, William was her only goal and hope for a title.

As for William, he is a sad, sad case.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2018, 04:36:08 am »

And what a title she will end up with - HM Queen Catherine with her final resting place being inside St George's Chapel or some other 'royal chapel'. She struck the jackpot as she married the future King.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:22 pm »

^In that world, she really did.  No one can surpass her.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2018, 07:47:24 pm »

Hmmmm, she is not council cath the queen consort yet  -  a lot can happen between now and then, and many reasons why it should not happen.  She is not suitable at all after the shenanigans she and her family pulled off, she deserves nothing IMO.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2018, 07:52:00 pm »

Kate was not really in a secure place during the courtship. There were cooling off periods and breakups with Will jumping on a table yelling "I'm Free." If Isabella responded to his overtures, Kate would have been out. I would say nobody who marries into that family can be assured of a trouble free future.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:28 pm »

I do believe that despite being a possible Queen Consort, she is not yet Princess of Wales and Kate is not married to a man who loves her and genuinely wants her around. She is married to someone who was already VERY frustrated and impatient with her during 2012, just barely a year after their marriage. William for all we know could be plotting her removal from his life the minute he gets the chance. She should know how ruthless he can be, after all, she's used that ruthlessness to her benefit.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2018, 09:38:32 pm »

Not for one moment would I entertain the idea of Kate becoming Queen.  Not after blotting her copybook the way she has.  Too late now to try and
recover everything.  Much too late IMO.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2018, 11:24:45 pm »

Off topic chatter...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: