Royal Gossip
June 22, 2018, 02:03:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 6118 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2018, 04:44:42 pm »

^ applauds.

Also another thing related to your blind item is that Meghan is very calculating choosing a designer that would help her get into her circle of friends. I think it works in relation to Stella. And shs also has found Amal to help her in that sense.

Kate has probably famous friends and she loves  celebs (like Jolie) but I think both her and Will are not very close to them. Like they enjoy being able to mingle but theor real friends is their aristo circle. Amd also Kate probably doesnt have many friends and those she keeps are low key.

Meanwhile Meghan will have very high profile friends. That can help her short term. But she is not a celeb anymore. Any mistake they do it will reflect on her. Also they can sell her very easily. And they may help her when she is up but when thing goes wrong.... She probably knows that she will nlt be comfortable in the aristo circle. But she chose to marry anyway....

Also Oprah... what is really the connection here?! Charles Spencer was outside and Oprah was in the inner chamber. If things go south will she the first to get an interview?

I agree about Kate she is way smarter than we give her credit. Also her mother is better than QE and Charles in strategy.

I would love to know what they have been saying during this month and after the wedding.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2018, 10:04:05 pm »

thankyou

After all, truns out she did also choose Stella. The blind was onto sth for sure.

Yeah also you're right, W&K aren't as dumb as we think, they like celebs but they like the odd socializing, not being outright friends. Harry has had sleb friends (e.g. Joss Stone) for ages and with Murkles it's bound to get worse. And dangerous for the image of the Winds, as you rightly point out thumbsup

Fook knows what the connection with Oprah is, but in any case, Doria wasn't at O's house for nothing. YM said it's Oprah's shtick to give people make overs and rope them in that way. Not too familiar with her, but I don't particularly like her. I admire her for her success and her generosity whilst she had her show, but I don't think she's all that great. Became too poltical, as all of H'weird and too hungry for connections and angling her own agenda (latching onto Doria for instance).

I suppose an interview, docu or sth is in the making for Oprah, plus Oprah is the epitome of a successful black woman, connected to Hollywood and has her own media house, perfect for Megs and possibly her future leaks, peddling and whatnot.

An interview is highly likely and I never expected it before the wedding. Afterwards is a much much better timing. For many reasons. Meghan already married in, no backsies from the Winds, so she isn't risking her daughter's position, BP might give the ok as some say would happen, but it's not dependent on BP, CH or KP. Also Doria will have so much more to tell and share after the wedding than before and Oprah (and Gayle!) was right there with her own first hand impressions.

Oh Scarole is scarily good at strategies. Hats off to that woman, seriously.

I've said for ages I'd love to know what they allsay, family, friends, aristos, Liz, Phil, Chuck, Camz, the Cambs,the Midds... Unfiltered opinions and discussions!!  sigh eating cookies easter-akasha
Kins
courtier

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2018, 11:05:46 pm »

^Same here- I would keep the wine flowing as they talked and talked and talked....
sandy
Princess

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2018, 11:12:26 pm »

Oprah may not get that interview. The royals may not take kindly to Meghan and/or her mother being interviewed. Carole never got to do an interview so I doubt Doria will get that chance.

I still think the Middletons are not one to look down their noses at others (e.g.the Markles). They have their own problems and issues going on. Carole may be on the lookout for someone with royal blood to marry James and complete her dreams of advancement.  Also Pippa's kids will be mingling with their royal cousins. A big coup for Pippa and her husband.

Chuck and Camz sitting in judgment over the Markles is something I find a bad joke. Charles seemed to be milking the PR for all it was playing "good guy" by subbing for Tom Sr.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2018, 11:29:02 pm »

The Middletons are smarter than the Markles, that's the difference why Carole never did an interview. We don't know whether she was asked and in all likelihood the Midds were asked. Even Diana's brother was back in the day a "correspondent" and "royal wedding commentator" or some such.
The Middletons are smarter than that. They follow the Winds rule "never complain never explain" and I'd say that's been in their favour tremendously. They take offers and chances, like book deals on party planning, cooking and that stuff, but never on the Winds or them personally, it's always related to their business, charity or similar.
I'd bet you anything that Carole was asked but turnt it down. The Midds though turn up for Xmas walks and pageants. The Midds certainly further their agenda and play the game, but they know how to play it and play it smartly. The Markles are all "blind elephant in a procelain shop".
Carole married both her daughters and 2 out of 3 of her children extremely well off. That's another level of strategy and cunning.
The Markles, Doria incl, don't have in their little finger what Carole has in her whole body when it comes to planning and moving forward and upwards. Meg on the other hand.... She's more in Carole's league.

PS The Midds also know the system, rules, bon ton etc better than the Markles, and that includes Meghan who for sure is in for an ugly awakening. Diana and Kate had rude awakenings after marrying in, it'll hit Meg even harder as foreigner and total outsider and stranger to everything.
The Midds simply know better how to navigate it all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:35:33 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2018, 11:41:14 pm »

Pippa did get to write those books (which did not sell that well) and got a fairly good job. So she benefitted something like Diana's brother did. But she did not give any interviews that were personal and answering questions about what William was "really like."

I think Carole would have said yes if it had been approved by the Palace of course.

Doria and Carole are two different people in two different situations. Doria has a career, Carole had a career but moved on to become an entrepreneur. I don't think one is better than the other. I don't think DOria is a pushover by any stretch of the imagination.

I think the Midds are a bit too cunning for instance the stunt they pulled where they got on the tennis court then sued the photographer did not win them points.

Carole was willing to take risks like advising Kate to wage a public campaign to win back William plus she seemed to be able to persuade William to return to her daughter (the bonfire episode).

I don't think Meghan's half siblings will get anywhere with their moneymaking schemes (tell all books and media confessions).
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 11:32:03 pm »

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Meghan Markle's ultimate ambition is to become US President... and it's not as crazy as it sounds
A royal historian says Meghan would find it difficult to enter U.S. politics while still married to Harry. ‘It is a pretty strong rule that members of the Royal Family keep out of politics,’ he says.
But Harry could, of course, give up official royal duties. His mother, Princess Diana, was said to have considered moving to America.
And the claim appears to have caused consternation at Kensington Palace yesterday, with the Duchess giving her official spokesman permission to take the unusual step of issuing a public denial.
I am, though, not the only one to hear rumours that Meghan still holds political ambitions.
Former Times editor Sir Simon Jenkins says: ‘Her friends and associates affirm that she is a political animal.
‘Such is her fame, she could perfectly well follow a route taken by a certain Ronald Reagan. She might lead for the Democrats against a Republican Ivanka Trump. All I can say is, why not?’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5759617/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Meghan-President-isnt-crazy-sounds.html
Now this I believe because she’s blinded by ambition and talk of being a feminist and breaking glass ceilings. It makes sense with her guest list that includes celebrities that are into politics like the Clooney’s and Oprah. KP denials means nothing.
This is the 2nd article today that references her looking beyond Harry and the royal family.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:36:02 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2018, 11:42:16 pm »

^ Gawd she's bad bad news. If that's true wow. Anyone bet that this dumbo still doesn't get that she cannot, literally is not allowed, to get political? Even her speech was laced with political ideas. She can try to break the ceiling, but it will crash on her like a tonne of bricks. Diana broke the ceiling and it broke her neck. You either toe the line or you get lost, there's the door, no one holding her. Doubt H would give anything up, just like Bill, the titles and the privilege are too sweet a deal, they can complain all they want.
I also sincerely doubt Di wanted to move to the US, she'd have never moved so far away from her kids and she'd just redone her KP apartment, she'd seen it only once before she died and some rooms not at all.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2018, 11:46:48 pm »

That is strange, having two articles in the same day on the same theme.  eating cookies

I'm kind of hoping the BRF will jettison this social climber by insinuating she is unsuitable. (By these articles, I mean).
So Harry could marry someone more suited to this position in the BRF.

I noticed today instead of letting Harry walk first towards the crowd, she made sure she was ahead of him. She should understand it's her role to support him, not act like she's the main attraction. Which I'm sure she thinks she is.

This whole relationship is going to end disastrously, I think. I think he loves her, but she loves his position, visibility and money. And this fame validates her. No wonder HM looked like thunder at the wedding. She can see right through her and her schemes. IMHO.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2018, 12:04:46 am »

I think George and Amal are professional guests. They get invited to everything. They were at the MEt Gala soon before the wedding.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2018, 11:52:49 am »

^^ thumbsup

^ I'm starting to think Clooney uses his tequila to weasle his way in, Jack Brooksbank works as brand ambassador for his teuqila brand. He likely sends crates off fishing for invitations. He's also a good schmoozer, must be for his political ambitions. Amal too. And Meghan is in that very same league. They found each other.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2018, 02:53:18 pm »

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Meghan Markle's ultimate ambition is to become US President... and it's not as crazy as it sounds
A royal historian says Meghan would find it difficult to enter U.S. politics while still married to Harry. ‘It is a pretty strong rule that members of the Royal Family keep out of politics,’ he says.
But Harry could, of course, give up official royal duties. His mother, Princess Diana, was said to have considered moving to America.
And the claim appears to have caused consternation at Kensington Palace yesterday, with the Duchess giving her official spokesman permission to take the unusual step of issuing a public denial.
I am, though, not the only one to hear rumours that Meghan still holds political ambitions.
Former Times editor Sir Simon Jenkins says: ‘Her friends and associates affirm that she is a political animal.
‘Such is her fame, she could perfectly well follow a route taken by a certain Ronald Reagan. She might lead for the Democrats against a Republican Ivanka Trump. All I can say is, why not?’

Just the DM trying to stir up comments again. No way would this happen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5759617/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Meghan-President-isnt-crazy-sounds.html
Now this I believe because she’s blinded by ambition and talk of being a feminist and breaking glass ceilings. It makes sense with her guest list that includes celebrities that are into politics like the Clooney’s and Oprah. KP denials means nothing.
This is the 2nd article today that references her looking beyond Harry and the royal family.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2018, 10:48:32 pm »

Time to return the favour! Prince Harry will be best man for his long-time friend Charlie van Straubenzee who delivered a speech at the Royal Wedding
The Duke of Sussex, 33, will reportedly act as best man when his childhood friend Charlie van Straubenzee, 29, marries filmmaker Daisy Jenks in Surrey in August, the Evening Standard reported.
Thomas van Straubenzee was divorced last year after a three-year marriage to Lady Melissa Percy, daughter of the Duke of Northumberland. 
Why get married so soon after his last one broke down?  huh 

Keep Calm and Carry On
Val
Princess

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2018, 11:05:32 pm »

Let’s hope that the serial wedding gatecrashing gurning meds en masse don’t gatecrash that one too.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2018, 12:03:05 am »

^^ Charlie van Straubenzee has never been married. It's his older brother Tom who's divorced from Missy Percy. Both brothers are friends of Harry's.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2018, 01:24:50 am »

^^Bet your sweet tushie Pips will be there.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2018, 09:17:33 pm »

Let’s hope that the serial wedding gatecrashing gurning meds en masse don’t gatecrash that one too.

I'm sure they will.  Lips Sealed
Little light
Countess

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2018, 10:00:18 pm »

I'd love to see the movie doing th epap walk to one of these wedding and someone with the nerve to actually refuse them entry.

And to have it filmed too!  laugh
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2018, 04:37:53 am »

'There was a bonfire and clothes were coming off, let's put it that way!' Prince Harry enjoyed a secret friendship aged 18 with a blues singer while on his Australian gap year in 2003
In an email exchange with Daily Mail Australia on Sunday, Cass clarified that their relationship was strictly friendship and not of a romantic nature.
'Sorry to be a disappointment, but the clothes that came off were not Harry's (or mine for that matter). And we definitely didn't dance around the bonfire together. If I said that I was mistaken, although we did get to play pool together.
'There was a party at a groom's accommodation, but it was a few of the male staff who took their tops off and danced around the fire.'
After approaching Cass for comment, her Pivotal Moments podcast episode appeared to disappear from iTunes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5801641/Prince-Harry-enjoyed-secret-friendship-aged-18-Australian-blues-singer.html
Umm,  huh This happened over 15 years ago. Why’s she talking about her brief platonic friendship with him?
Maybe the pr companies that rep the celebrities are being advised not to use Harry or any other royal family for their client’s press attention as in this case, the podcast was removed. I think they’ll have to be honest and not keep regurgitating the same nonsense in the press.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:45:41 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2018, 01:56:12 pm »

Anyone posted this already? From the 28th May, Emily Andrews saying they're on honeymoon

"Harry & Meghan on honeymoon in Canada? Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge says TMZ. Nope. Try again. The only bit that’s right is that they are currently on honeymoon..."

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/1001159735155089408
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: