Royal Gossip
November 19, 2018, 02:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry's Engagements 2018  (Read 8976 times)
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2018, 03:55:22 pm »

If sporting events are not considered work but just something they do and are involved in like most people that just go to a professional game as opposed to be in it, then do they even work? What is considered work? Going to a garden party or a premier or attending a parade or ceremony that other people volunteer to attend? Do they work? I guess not. The Queen does because she has to sign in the laws and such. Like I said on another thread being a patron of some charity is like being on the Board which is a voluntary thing for many. So they just volunteer like others and the taxpayers pay for their lavish life style and the duchies do which are not taxed the same if taxed. What a scam. So I wonder what next fun sporting event Harry must attend to be productive in society.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2018, 04:51:34 pm »

These different sports, associations and Clubs like Wimbledon seek royal patronage though, as it brings publicity to the sport, allows photo-opportunities with members of royal families (not just the BRF ) presenting trophies, and lends a fair bit of prestige to the game, especially if the Royal concerned keenly follows the sport he/she is patron of.

I think it's really important to remember that the royals don't impose their patronages from above. Instead these organisations ask for their patronage. And things like garden parties allow people to attend and maybe have a chat to a Royal who is patron of the charity in which an individual is involved.

I know that when Charles held that garden party earlier this year for his birthday (the one attended by Harry/Meghan) most of the guests were from his charities like the Princes Trust, and from clips afterwards those that attended were really happy they did so.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2018, 05:05:09 pm »

^ So the question is for all of them and especially someone like Harry who is not even in line for anything, do they work? Because  seeing people at a party that admire you is recreational sounding. You get to chat, eat and drink in nice surroundings while doing  a good deed by attending. People attend those events and hold actual jobs. It seems they don't work except for making sure their pr is good so they can continue living off the taxpayer in Crown Estates, I consider the duchies and the income Crown Estates as it is put in the treasury to take out, not a bank. So other than keeping up appearances so people want to see them at recreational type events, including the ceremonies, what do they do that is considered actual work now?

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2018, 05:14:09 pm »

^Playing polo and being whisked away from Fijian markets after 6 minutes.

I haven't played since I stopped
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2018, 05:31:51 pm »

But those polo matches in which Harry and William play raise enormous sums for their charities, 10 million since 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6227935/William-Harry-aim-raise-1MILLION-charity-time-play-polo.html
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2018, 05:38:42 pm »

^ They polo for free as well in their spare time. It is recreation. They are lucky that their recreational type activities bring in money for charities. Again what do they do that is considered actual work? William did hold a job once for a little while and he did those recreational activities. Other than having been in the military, what does Harry do for work?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2018, 05:47:48 pm »

Rosella; the BRF could easily write a check for ten times that amount and not feel any loss. Royals used to watch and participate in sports as a form of blowing off steam while carrying the nation on their shoulders. Neither William or Harry carry the nation on their shoulders and neither prince are serving their nation in any substantial capacity. I do not believe either prince gives a rat's arse about anyone other than themselves and anything other than their own gratification. They are essentially male socialites and for some reason, the British taxpayer is supposed to fork over hundreds of millions of pounds for them to play at being charitable.

^ So the question is for all of them and especially someone like Harry who is not even in line for anything, do they work? Because  seeing people at a party that admire you is recreational sounding. You get to chat, eat and drink in nice surroundings while doing  a good deed by attending. People attend those events and hold actual jobs. It seems they don't work except for making sure their pr is good so they can continue living off the taxpayer in Crown Estates, I consider the duchies and the income Crown Estates as it is put in the treasury to take out, not a bank. So other than keeping up appearances so people want to see them at recreational type events, including the ceremonies, what do they do that is considered actual work now?

At this point in time, I really do not see their purpose. Neither prince is in fact going to actually do much with their lives and neither was trained or raised to make anything of themselves. Neither prince has contributed to his nation and regrettably they were allowed to slack off when they should have been getting training. Their 'role' is strictly ornamental and what they do, most politicians do, along with their wives. They are of not help whatsoever to their people and government. I am certain that neither prince is aware of just how much time they've wasted on the most pointless pursuits possible.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2018, 09:43:00 pm »

thumbsup

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:39 pm »

Thanks for the thumbs up.

I'm fed up with how people without titles are expected to work like seven devils and get a pittance while those in the BRF do token ornamental appearances and are supposed to get hundred of millions of pounds of pampering and billions worth of jewels and we're supposed to pity them despite the fact that no one really is as fixated on them as they would otherwise think. I'm also fed up with being expected to feel sorry for them, sick of being expected to see them sacrifice their nation's well being to the selfish gratification that they INSIST on indulging in, but also shoving down everyone's throats.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »

From Kensington Royal.

@KensingtonRoyal
34m34 minutes ago
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the @RoyalVariety Performance at the London Palladium on Monday 19th November. #RoyalVarietyPerformance #Variety4Charity

Look forward to it. It was Harry's turn this year, so there are now three Royal couples rotating this annual engagement.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 06:55:15 pm »

Oh boy! More 'bump holding'.  Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: