Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 04:09:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 16608 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: December 31, 2017, 06:07:48 pm »

flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:35:25 pm »

An almost-Royal Oscars?
The Academy is celebrating the 90th Oscars this weekend. The Oscars are always a big *butt* deal in Hollywood but when it’s a nice round number like that, they usually want to make it even more extra. And the challenge with the Oscars every year, though they may not admit it, is that many of the films nominated aren’t seen by most of the television viewing audience. Which is why they have to rely on the star power that the Oscars attracts – the nominees, for sure, but also the presenters. As mentioned earlier, Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty may show up again at the end of the show to present Best Picture. But that may not have been the first choice?

Multiple sources have told me that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were invited by the Academy to attend the Oscars. They wanted to get them there, whatever that would look like – as attendees, great, but as presenters, even better. And the invitation was seriously considered. I hear that Harry and Meghan really wanted to go. There were calls back and forth between teams, some early fashion queries were even made. The issue was security and logistics. The Oscars red carpet is a tricky dance. And having the royals walk a red carpet is a tricky dance. That red carpet gets a LOT of traffic. There are typically two streams – guests who are attending the show and guests who are attending the show and also on display for the press. They try to time arrivals at intervals, holding the stars in the arrivals tent before releasing them on the carpet for their photos and interviews. Creating that gap for a royal saunter would be complicated. And I’m told, at last check, they couldn’t make it work. We’re in the town where magic happens though. So I guess nothing is impossible. But my sources told me, though the willingness was strong on both sides, it’s very unlikely that it will happen. Can you imagine what might have been? http://www.laineygossip.com/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-asked-to-present-at-the-oscars/49274

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »

^ I believe this is true, and this coming from Lainey I take it as very very true. I have suspected since before the engagement that if they were to get engaged and married, there'd be invitations to film things like the Oscars and others. It would be a big joke though for the Winds (/royals) if they attended. Such a celebrity thing to do. And with the incredibly bad publicity the film industry has had (sexual assault and r*pe left right & centre) it would be in extremely poor taste for them to go.
But maybe that's just me.

I mean, they always say royalty isn't celebrity and is in fact above it. This doesn't quite go with that notion, at all.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 07:03:09 pm »

No way she should be crossing the pond to attend any award show in the U.S. just because its her nationality.  bignono

Megs: you are not an actress anymore and you were never a "Hollywood actress" like Jennifer Lawrence or Angelina Jolie, they actually belong there, not you. Stay your arse in Britain!  sauer  laugh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:10:24 pm by Cali San D » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:10:44 pm »

Also no way is security an issue. At all.
I bet this happened: Meg and H were invited, was dying to go and taking it as a done deal (no engagements or similar that weekend, or things that could be put off/ postponed), dreamt up what jewels she'd loan from Harry Winston or Tiffany's and was likely in talks instantly with designers and maybe jewllers. No way would she rewear that fugly Marchesa gown. Harry likely went with it, in how far I can't say, the Winds attend the BAFTAs so the Oscars are basically the same, also when someone is in love/ infatuated/ whatever, they become too dumb to see the forest for the trees. Then the grey men and Chuck and Liz got wind of it and put the kibosh on it. Now Meg is crying in her pillow and leaking to Lainey that she was dying to go but the bad Winds won't let her, with "security" as a cop-out.

Only the BAFTAs support British productions in film and TV, it's domestic, whilst the Oscars are just an international "glamorous" tack fest. So there is a difference there, in regards to a Windsor showing up.

Albert of Monaco was there with Charlene, so that's proof that security isn't an issue, he's literally the man with power (a "true" regent and not just a figurehead) and much more important than Harry ever will be. Also Albert is the son of Grace Kelly, so him being there is again imo different to a Windsor being there.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 09:56:13 pm »

Not every single item that Lainey prints in her online gossip site is the truth. And we don't know that what was printed about the Oscars is correct either.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:47:31 pm »

I don't think the Oscars are just a tack fest, but a genuine celebration of film and not just the actors or actresses; it involves the crew, the people who work behind the scenes. I am certain that Harry and Meg would be pointless mainly since there would be no legitimate reason for them to be there. After all, it's not like Meg was ever at that level and I think to go to the Oscars would be just a kind of way for Meg to try to make the other celebs jealous, but that wouldn't work.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:18:34 pm »

I predicted this earlier on another thread. She will get there in time. I guarantee it. It is on her to do list.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:20:36 pm »

I don't think the Oscars are just a tack fest, but a genuine celebration of film and not just the actors or actresses; it involves the crew, the people who work behind the scenes. I am certain that Harry and Meg would be pointless mainly since there would be no legitimate reason for them to be there. After all, it's not like Meg was ever at that level and I think to go to the Oscars would be just a kind of way for Meg to try to make the other celebs jealous, but that wouldn't work.
That's the way it's supposed to be. But it has gotten way too political with stars sounding like they are on some political news show. I want to be entertained, if I wanted political statements I'd turn on my news shows.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:32 pm »

I agree; frankly I'm fed up with the spouting and would prefer to see them in their gowns and comment about the dresses and jewels and I do believe that if they actually accepted their role as entertainers with gusto, it would actually improve box office returns and goodwill.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 02:45:23 am »

I'm going to have to agree with Rosella on this one. I don't believe it for a second. What's more likely IMO is everyone assumed that she (and by default H) would be invited but she never was. This gets put out to keep her name out there, connect her name to the #1 trending topic over the next 3 days in the US, and makes it look like it was a choice not to go instead of not being invited in the first place. It's a modern-day version of "That's ok because I didn't want to go to your stupid party anyway." Think about it. If she had been invited and they were truly trying to work out logistics, there would have been hints about the possibility all over social media over the last few weeks.

I've got friends who have been in the industry for years and it doesn't seem like M was very well respected nor recognized. Oscar invites are not easy to come by. One friend of mine had a pretty prominent role in a film that was Oscar-nominated a few years ago and even he didn't get an invite to the awards that year. They only invited the producers and director. There are some people that don't get a plus one. It would not play well for someone who is not a film actor  - and for all intents and purposes belongs to another country now -  to be there. There is absolutely no reason for her to be invited. She got what she wanted, though. Folks will be talking on social media about her when the Oscars are discussed all weekend.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 03:48:47 am »

I really hope that MM goes by herself. She's overly confident in that she brought up her stance on the hot Hollywood topic #metoo and #timesup and hasn't gotten reprimanded by Harry or Wills; in fact, she's getting more events with Harry and an event with the queen in attendance. She must feel she can do no wrong. She'll definitely go imo. It's an event of a lifetime for an actress such as her. I don't believe she'll let this opprtunity to rub her naysayers in the acting world that she's at the Oscars as a presenter and they're in their houses watching her.  eating cookies
The story has been picked up in oher publications.
https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a19057363/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-almost-oscar-2018-presenters-report/
https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/meghan-markle-prince-harry-2018-oscars.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 03:53:13 am »

I think her naysayers couldn't care at all; meg wouldn't be at the Oscars as a star who worked hard and was skillful at picking the right roles and basically paid her dues, she would be there as a tolerated ornament and outsider. It would be one thing if she were there as a contender or star guest/presenter, but she would be there as a former Soho girl who basically was one of many hustlers who weren't working on their craft, but instead tried to sleep their way in. Meg will have nothing in common with them. After the ceremony is over, she'll be taken back to the palace while the celebs get to go to the after parties.

Meg was on a show that wasn't middling tier and I am certain that Meg was in that level in Hollywood where showgirls used to be in times past. For example, show girls were the equivalent of television/reality show stars are today and basically Meg was doing lower middle level work, nothing else and at her age, not a good thing. I am sure that Meg wasn't on any radar of any major agency or studio and I am certain that she would be out of her depth at the Oscars. There wouldn't be any major place for her and it would mean cutting out someone who should be given an invite. I think if Harry had dated someone top tier, he would have had to up his own game considerably.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 04:11:53 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456657/TimesUp-leaders-say-movement-featured-Academy-Awards.html
She participate remotely to support the TimesUp movement. Her mouthing off about this during the foundation event and saying that women have a voice says to me that she's just doing her thing and won't be dictated to.
^she's a narc so of course she would think that she's beyond those that got there by woring hard at their craft as she'll be their as a special geust. She's never going to fit into the royal family, UK or the Comonwealth, so she might as well have her jollies now before it all ends. There's no real buz around any of the films/people beng nominated, so it seems that something will have to happen to get people talking, so MM possibly showing up without Harry might now be in play. Things have gotten stupid now with these dumb celebrities spouting equal pay and other political stuff during the red carpet interviews. This year, they'll avoid Ryan Secrest due to suspicion of sexual harrassing 2 women. Hollywood=guilty before proven innocent.   bored3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:18:24 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 04:19:07 am »

Meg doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, I can say that much; she was part of the seedier side of the entertainment industry and I do not think she's someone who will be comfortable there. I'm sure the others will know her real backstory and I am certain she will not like being around that; thing is, if the BRF falls, she'll have her entire backstory exposed and I think that is what drives her, trying to outrun her past.

CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 11:39:26 am »

I'm going to have to agree with Rosella on this one. I don't believe it for a second. What's more likely IMO is everyone assumed that she (and by default H) would be invited but she never was. This gets put out to keep her name out there, connect her name to the #1 trending topic over the next 3 days in the US, and makes it look like it was a choice not to go instead of not being invited in the first place. It's a modern-day version of "That's ok because I didn't want to go to your stupid party anyway." Think about it. If she had been invited and they were truly trying to work out logistics, there would have been hints about the possibility all over social media over the last few weeks.

I've got friends who have been in the industry for years and it doesn't seem like M was very well respected nor recognized. Oscar invites are not easy to come by. One friend of mine had a pretty prominent role in a film that was Oscar-nominated a few years ago and even he didn't get an invite to the awards that year. They only invited the producers and director. There are some people that don't get a plus one. It would not play well for someone who is not a film actor  - and for all intents and purposes belongs to another country now -  to be there. There is absolutely no reason for her to be invited. She got what she wanted, though. Folks will be talking on social media about her when the Oscars are discussed all weekend.

True. This could be ala the Bond Girl nonsense.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 12:35:44 pm »

I doubt they would want to attend or be there. They could mingle with actors and actresses like W and K did on their honeymoon.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 01:11:42 pm »

i doubt they'll be there... courtiers wont allow it IMO .... but i bet meghan would LOVE ATTEND TO the ceremony... and harry will love attend to one of that crazy after parties...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »

^^^Yes. Just another variation of the Bond Girl debacle.

^^Based on her history and the fact that Lainy put this story out there, "I don't think they would want to attend" is not gonna fly. That woman would consider giving up a kidney for the opportunity to attend what is the pinnacle of events in the acting world and rub elbows with the likes of Meryl, Viola, Speilberg and the like. She didn't go into acting just to end up marrying H. She did it because she wanted to succeed and be recognized by her peers for her work. No matter what happens across the pond, there will always be a huge part of her that longs to be considered a peer by folks who run in those circles.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 11:19:14 pm »

That's the way it's supposed to be. But it has gotten way too political with stars sounding like they are on some political news show. I want to be entertained, if I wanted political statements I'd turn on my news shows.

I agree; frankly I'm fed up with the spouting and would prefer to see them in their gowns and comment about the dresses and jewels and I do believe that if they actually accepted their role as entertainers with gusto, it would actually improve box office returns and goodwill.

Exactly this, and a bit more than just that. I used to be excited about the Oscars and all those award events, but in recent years I find they have descended and turnt into sth entirely else, and it's not good. And it's just trunt from worse to unbearable since ca 2016. ick And whilst an invitation to the Oscars used to be the pinnacle, and for the industry still is, to me it's luke warm at best.  dontknow Also having it confirmed pretty much that some women (and likely men) received Oscars as pay off for other things, leaves a bad taste overall and diminishes the status of such an award.

I also think that Meg would sell a kidney to attend. It is sth glamorous and "on brand" for her and likely for the way she sees herself in the future as royal: "Diana 2.0", caring, warm, glamorous, adored, at home at Cannes as well as hospices; living in a palace with butlers and staff as well as flying off to poor Africa, crying about extinction, the environment and landmines. Also some sort of Grace Kelly rebirth, the new film diva marrying into royalty and making the stuffy Brit monarchy modern and bringing a whole new type of people and revenue to London/ Britain, just like Grace's effect was on Monaco back in the day. Just call her "Diana Kelly" dahling, and you got yourself royalty's new mega star! Pippa
 eating cookies
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:21:35 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: