Royal Gossip
November 20, 2018, 12:44:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 51140 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #800 on: February 18, 2018, 04:27:08 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5405331/Prince-wins-Commonwealth-role-bid-younger-people.html
I remeber reading about this last year. IMO, this is why MM wasn't dealt with last year and is "engaged" to him now. The easing of some commonwealth countries had to be done and perhaps Harry had to remain in the news too. Now I believe that Charles will also get the position of head of state upon the queens passing, MM can no be discarded. She brings nothing to the role of Harry's wife and what she'd need to be to assist him in his job. People are very muh turned off by MM's fake persona and her constant lies and exaggeration.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #801 on: February 18, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »

@Rosella  Why do you like MM? Or is it you dislike Harry and he deserves her. I'm serious...WHY?huhhuh

The only constant is change.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #802 on: February 18, 2018, 08:06:58 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5405331/Prince-wins-Commonwealth-role-bid-younger-people.html
I remeber reading about this last year. IMO, this is why MM wasn't dealt with last year and is "engaged" to him now. The easing of some commonwealth countries had to be done and perhaps Harry had to remain in the news too. Now I believe that Charles will also get the position of head of state upon the queens passing, MM can no be discarded. She brings nothing to the role of Harry's wife and what she'd need to be to assist him in his job. People are very muh turned off by MM's fake persona and her constant lies and exaggeration.

This is something that should have gone to Charles, since Charles has proven his worth more than one time over the course of his time as Prince of Wales. This would be perfect training for Prince Charles and I am sure Harry will mess this up. Harry did well with Invictus, but he hasn't sustained that successful momentum and as we know now, he'll be dropping Invictus. Then of course, Meg will queen herself as Harry's consort and I am sure there'll be some drama there.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #803 on: February 18, 2018, 08:24:15 pm »

^Maybe they're getting the message that the majority think they're irrelevant
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #804 on: February 18, 2018, 09:01:31 pm »

KF, Harry's dealing with the youth and Charles will be the head of state like the queen is now. I don't expect anyone else to succeed the queen upon her death. Harry's not dropping the IG as he said during the games in Torronto that he's going to continue being involved. IMO, I can't help but think that Wills is the mess-up and Harry's taking the fall for it having to deal with MM. What I'm very glad to see though is that the public sees her as being fake and only about the money and could care less about Harry or any issues that he's involved with.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #805 on: February 18, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »

Harry has toured the Commonwealth Caribbean twice and quite obviously did very well, as the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Queen would not have agreed to this new role otherwise. He never messed up one duty! This will be a roving Ambassador type role not one that Charles, who is increasingly deputising for his mother in Britain, could take on at all. Plus, Charles will take a leading role meeting and greeting CHOGM leaders. Harry will help in this and will speak at Youth Forums etc, a quite different position. I hope he and Meghan do tour Australia as well as coming for Invictus. It would be an excellent idea. William may well be there too, meeting and greeting.

Charles is seeking the role of symbolic Head of the Commonwealth, not Head of State. The only head of state is the Queen, of Britain. He could hardly combine that with an ambassadorial type role for youth of the organisation. Whether Charles gets to be Head after the Queen's passing is debatable, but I hope so. No country has said that it wishes to leave the Commonwealth. There are some countries which are waiting to join so it's not going to fall to bits!!

As for Harry's popularity, he received in the last three polls conducted by three different respected polling companies in Britain, an 81% approval rating on the latest, a 76% on the second and a 74% on the earliest, which was late last year. In the latest Meghan was included in a review not in the actual survey and got a 53% positive response to 8% against.

I posted all of those results here. So there is nothing wrong with Harry's popularity and Meghan's isn't too bad either. As a long term follower of his since he was 19, it's something I'm glad to see.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:06:56 pm by Rosella » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #806 on: February 18, 2018, 09:07:13 pm »

'When she wakes up she has nowhere to go' - Meghan Markle is 'overwhelmed' by confines of royal life

Meghan Markle is reportedly struggling to ingratiate herself into royal life as she prepares to wed Britain's Prince Harry in May.

The American actress (36) moved to London last year before announcing her engagement to the 33-year-old royal and has been slowly inching her way into public life with carefully choreographed appearances alongside her fiancé around the UK. While royal watchers have praised her natural confidence at such engagements, Markle is said to be slow in adjusting to her new way of life.

She no longer enjoys the anonymity of her former life in Toronto, where she filmed hit US show Suits, and is instead relatively confined within the gates of Kensington Palace, where she and Harry live in a two-bedroom property Nottingham Cottage.

Prior to him popping the question, she could be pictured shopping around London in low-key fashion, without the glare of the world's media following her every move. And she has turned to Harry's stepmother Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, for practical advice.

"Meghan may appear confident when on royal walkabouts, but she does have some pre-wedding butterflies – not about Harry, but about her new life," a source told the Mail on Sunday.

"As Diana once famously said, 'there is no manual', so Camilla is the best thing Meghan has. Camilla is happy to help."

The tv star is also reportedly turning to her future sister-in-law Kate Middleton, who had 10 years to adjust to the realities of public scrutiny before marrying Prince Wililam in 2011, but the couple are busy with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, and preparing for another new arrival in April.

"KP [Kensington Palace] is beautiful, but when Meghan wakes up she has nowhere to go, really," the insider added.

"She can’t potter about on the High Street, attend gym classes, or jog around Hyde Park. Instead she is confined to yoga at home or visits to Kate and William in Apartment 1A."

Last month, a body language expert suggested that Meghan is nervous at official engagements, crediting her habit of fidgeting with her hair a telltale sign.

Elizabeth Kuhnke, author of Body Language for Dummies, told Femail that fidgeting with hair is a tactic women often use to settle themselves when they feel under pressure or uncomfortable.

“It’s the adult version of a child clutching favourite toy, mother’s skirt or father’s hand when feeling anxious and not knowing what to do or say,” she said.

"When feeling nervous - knowing millions of people are watching and judging - tilting one’s head down and playing with hair is a tell of the psychological state of the need to shield or protect herself."

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/when-she-wakes-up-she-has-nowhere-to-go-meghan-markle-is-overwhelmed-by-confines-of-royal-life-36616017.html
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #807 on: February 18, 2018, 09:52:32 pm »

^The hair fidgeting may be nervousness but she wouldn't have to touch her hair it if she would wear it in a half up, ponytail or bun, the latter is what she favors. And even with the messy bun, she has a few whisps hanging in front and then she puts them behind her ears.  Kate-Horror-Queen

Poor Megs, trapped in a palace, please.  there I'm sure she can still go places. Rosella posted up thread that Harry and Megs went to see Hamilton.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #808 on: February 18, 2018, 10:46:10 pm »

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for her. She chose to date Harry and to accept his proposal. Nobody forced this on her.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #809 on: February 19, 2018, 12:12:33 am »

Nowhere to go? Could it be because she has no life? Yes, by jolly I think so!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #810 on: February 19, 2018, 01:13:58 am »

'When she wakes up she has nowhere to go' - Meghan Markle is 'overwhelmed' by confines of royal life

Meghan Markle is reportedly struggling to ingratiate herself into royal life as she prepares to wed Britain's Prince Harry in May.

The American actress (36) moved to London last year before announcing her engagement to the 33-year-old royal and has been slowly inching her way into public life with carefully choreographed appearances alongside her fiancé around the UK. While royal watchers have praised her natural confidence at such engagements, Markle is said to be slow in adjusting to her new way of life.

She no longer enjoys the anonymity of her former life in Toronto, where she filmed hit US show Suits, and is instead relatively confined within the gates of Kensington Palace, where she and Harry live in a two-bedroom property Nottingham Cottage.

Prior to him popping the question, she could be pictured shopping around London in low-key fashion, without the glare of the world's media following her every move. And she has turned to Harry's stepmother Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, for practical advice.

"Meghan may appear confident when on royal walkabouts, but she does have some pre-wedding butterflies – not about Harry, but about her new life," a source told the Mail on Sunday.

"As Diana once famously said, 'there is no manual', so Camilla is the best thing Meghan has. Camilla is happy to help."

The tv star is also reportedly turning to her future sister-in-law Kate Middleton, who had 10 years to adjust to the realities of public scrutiny before marrying Prince Wililam in 2011, but the couple are busy with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, and preparing for another new arrival in April.

"KP [Kensington Palace] is beautiful, but when Meghan wakes up she has nowhere to go, really," the insider added.

"She can’t potter about on the High Street, attend gym classes, or jog around Hyde Park. Instead she is confined to yoga at home or visits to Kate and William in Apartment 1A."

Last month, a body language expert suggested that Meghan is nervous at official engagements, crediting her habit of fidgeting with her hair a telltale sign.

Elizabeth Kuhnke, author of Body Language for Dummies, told Femail that fidgeting with hair is a tactic women often use to settle themselves when they feel under pressure or uncomfortable.

“It’s the adult version of a child clutching favourite toy, mother’s skirt or father’s hand when feeling anxious and not knowing what to do or say,” she said.

"When feeling nervous - knowing millions of people are watching and judging - tilting one’s head down and playing with hair is a tell of the psychological state of the need to shield or protect herself."

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/when-she-wakes-up-she-has-nowhere-to-go-meghan-markle-is-overwhelmed-by-confines-of-royal-life-36616017.html

I think she's so infantile; she chased fame for much of her life, is getting the role of a lifetime, and is basically suddenly finding royal life confining? BS. She's hardly been getting swamped by the media and no one is trying to chase her car down. It's not like she's someone who is in great demand.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #811 on: February 19, 2018, 01:33:13 am »

If she's so serious about causes, she can use the time to find out about the ones she is most interested in (with Palace approval) and start meeting with reps from the charities. She would have all her charities/patronages sorted out by the wedding day. Plenty of opportunities if she decides to pursue this.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #812 on: February 19, 2018, 01:45:41 am »

^ That would be a good use of her time while she's waiting around to get married and can't work a normal day job.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #813 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:32 am »

kingSEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: By George! Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend a West End show that mocks his ancestor
A spokesman for the hit show at London’s Victoria Palace Theatre confirms the royal ‘private visit’, and a fellow audience member tells me: ‘They seemed to love it and were applauding enthusiastically.’
It was, however, too dark to record Harry’s reaction to the scene in which his ancestor, George III, is mocked mercilessly. The English king (played by Michael Jibson, pictured) is portrayed as a ‘puddingish, catty’ figure who stamps his foot on the floor cartoonishly, saying he is feeling blue at the loss of his colony.
A Kensington Palace spokesman declines to comment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5406947/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-musical-Hamilton.html
 eating cookies
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:12:10 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #814 on: February 19, 2018, 02:47:27 am »

@Sandy - That would make complete sense if she were actually serious about the work. All this tells me is that her impression of this life was the celebrity aspect seen in magazines rather than the mundane aspects that make up 95% of royal life.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #815 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:38 am »

^ But, but, but....she is poised to nurture the world, one camera sight line at a time!  You know, just like she’s nurtured her family.

I wanted to like her....
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #816 on: February 19, 2018, 03:49:00 am »

^I did as well but there are way too many red flags for me to reason away.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #817 on: February 19, 2018, 04:42:46 am »

She is not going to like the confinement. That is why she will eventually bolt when she gets enough out of it. It is so obvious.

The only constant is change.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #818 on: February 19, 2018, 05:33:58 am »

Sorry I read that wrong.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:39:18 am by CarryingOn » Logged
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #819 on: February 19, 2018, 06:13:00 am »

There has never been any discussion about Charles not becoming Head of State when his mother dies. That is automatic. The only way to stop it for him to have predecease his mother. There are some people who would prefer William as the next King but there has been no discussions to attempt to by-pass Charles as King of the UK and thus its Head of State.

The question is will he become Head of the Commonwealth. That position isn't automatic but will probably go to Charles anyway for the simple reason that the British monarch is the least controversial way of choosing the Head of the Commonwealth if the Commonwealth is to remain a force at all into the future. Keeping the 53 very different countries of the Commonwealth together isn't easy and a non-partisan Head of the Commonwealth makes sense. Head of the Commonwealth is not a Head of State though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: