Royal Gossip
May 25, 2019, 10:36:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 60106 times)
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #660 on: February 09, 2018, 05:08:56 pm »

I read PH asked both parents. And nowadays in the USA both parents walk the bride down the aisle or a brother or son or even a daughter if the parents are dead and the child is older. A nine or ten year old Prince Henry walked Catherine of Aragon down the aisle when she married Prince Arthur. Don't know who walked her when she married him later on. But being such a feminist MM doesn't need her parents permission to marry him nor anyone to walk her down the aisle. They use tradition when it suits them and discards it when it doesn't which I guess is their prerogative. But the permission thing is a property right tradition and she should have told him not to ask on principal. I wonder if her first husband bothered to ask. I doubt it since they were living together for so long. Parents were probably relieved if they even care that she marry or not.

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #661 on: February 09, 2018, 05:26:22 pm »

There’s talk on the blogs that she’s not wearing her ring. It does look like that in the video posted within the DM article and screencap from the Endeavour Awards.  It doesn’t look like she has it on or when she briefly held onto him going up the stairs. She had it in when they left the venue though. I know it doesn’t fit her, but I don’t expect her to ever take it off.
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/post/170679829816/here-is-another-screen-grab-no-ring

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:33:28 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #662 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:27 pm »

That is odd it doesn't fit her except if she has lost weight and now has to have it adjusted. She was pretty thin as most actresses are. Can't see where she could lose weight.

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #663 on: February 09, 2018, 06:10:31 pm »

I wasn't sure where to post this, maybe there could be a Princess Sparkles: Press Articles and Random Chat before the wedding.  tehe

OMG everyone
Why would Meghan try to work on Wendy Williams at the time when she was engaged? Maybe the article meant December 2016?
But watch the video clip of Megs on an episode of 90210.  nervous  ick

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/wendy-williams-meghan-markle-applied-to-work-on-my-show/
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #664 on: February 09, 2018, 06:23:48 pm »

^it was prior to Harry that she tried to get on the WW show. Yeah, a pro at work there in that bj video.  ick
https://iamstillskippy.tumblr.com

https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/post/170689584521/this-is-very-bad-for-her-these-are-two-different
This could be true.  huh

This craziness has to come to an end. Is it too much to ask for that to happen before Monday?
WW article is still high up on the DM site that I’m wondering if this is the preview before the main event. Whatever’s going to break about MM, I think WW will be front and centre discussing it full detail on her show and the DM.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:29:46 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #665 on: February 09, 2018, 06:56:44 pm »

Well, Catherine of Aragon was her son's property easter-egg-basket A female was always the property of the closest male to her. The husband, if he was dead then her son's, or if no son then back to being her father's; if unmarried, then the father, or married and dad's dead, huband's dead and son's dead or never had a son, the brother, if no brother then her paternal uncle and on and on and on.... In some cases women were "emancipated"; I think mostly widows.... This changes in the course of history somewhat, women were always emancipated, or partly, then shackled back, then somewhat emancipated... Also all depending not only on which era we talk about, but also which country... Can't say that women ever had it easy :(
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #666 on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:06 pm »

^^I didn't even know that the Wendy Williams bit was on the DM today.  tehe The DM article didn't give a time frame as to when Megs was trying to apply to be on Wendy's show like the US Weekly article did. December 2017 doesn't seem accurate. I just can't imagine what Megs could do on the Wendy Williams show, did she just want an interview?  blink There aren't any suitcases on Wendy  laugh
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #667 on: February 09, 2018, 07:44:54 pm »

There was talk that MM called WW sometime before the news broke of her dating H that she wanted to be interviewed by WW, or some story like that. Tbh I didn't follow all that closely. Could be that MM applied for a job at WW before she landed on Suits.

^^^ The rings look the same to me!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #668 on: February 09, 2018, 08:17:29 pm »

WW said it herself in one of her shows that before M started dating PH she herself called her to try and get on her show as a guest but didn't.

After the engagement WW talked about MM a few times but in a dismiasive way - not a bad dismissive just not really interresting to talk about kind of dismissive.

John Oliver yesterday was a guest at Stephen Colbert (comedians with M's type of political bias so maybe M is watching them too) and instead of gushing over M becoming part of brf he advised her to back away from the wedding.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:20:47 pm by Ariel » Logged

HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #669 on: February 09, 2018, 08:45:44 pm »

^ That's it!

Curious that "her kind of people" are all like "don't do this!" easter-think
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #670 on: February 09, 2018, 10:29:19 pm »

Most celebrities of a left leaning political persuasion, at least in the UK, are republican not monarchists so of course they're going to advise against marrying into the Royal Family in interviews etc.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #671 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:29 pm »

I don't know that is true. Most entertainers/actresses are liberal and many would think it is wonderful to marry into the BRF. I know Reese Witherspoon was gushing when waity got married and wanted an invite. She did get to a polo game they attended when out here. I imagine Reese is not conservative. She probably thinks it is fantastic for MM. Some people might get that it will not be a cake walk for her.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #672 on: February 09, 2018, 11:53:03 pm »

From my experience of living in Britain for decades on and off I think there's a difference between many liberal lefties in Hollywood who have a Hollywood type view of the British royals, and actors/entertainers/commentators in Britain who vote Labour and are not monarchist, though they sometimes keep quiet about their political views.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #673 on: February 10, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »

^so are the Windsors (including harry)... and meghan herself being so crazy to marry into this family... also not says much good about her
True, true!  She should fit in well, but I'm finding it hard to view Harry as being happy long term - I hope I'm wrong.

HRHOlya, I agree with you - both walking down the aisle together in Swedish tradition would be a pleasant change.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #674 on: February 10, 2018, 05:05:03 pm »

@rosella I was thinking Hollywood not UK entertainers.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #675 on: February 10, 2018, 06:46:23 pm »

Harry is foolish to think that Meg is going to take him places.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #676 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:03 pm »

^She can only take him to the gutter.  ick
IMO, she’s definitely being used. We may never know how or why this woman’s still around, but I still maintain that Harry’s covering up for someone more senior than him and making her look bad in the press. The article regarding her not knowing her brother indicated that KP isn’t involved and he continuation of unflattering press continues with the Wendy Williams and Millie Mackintosh being her wedding planner.
Perhaps this farce has been dragged out because of this?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5371027/amp/Daily-Mirror-owner-buys-Daily-Star-Daily-Express.html
The DM and Express has been playing up this “romance” since the beginning and has made a killing off of the advertisin. Also, they’d lift articles from the Express, Daily Star and OK make an article in the DM. This has gotten more people to visit their site and boost revenue. Less reporters digging into the rich and the royal family’s business now.
At the end of the day, she has no royal support and is no future royal bride, IMO.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:06:55 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #677 on: February 10, 2018, 07:52:46 pm »

As I said before Harry himself is no saint, and an HRH does not automatically confer sainthood on any of them. The Queen approved of the marriage and the date set. If there was not going to be a marriage, the engagement would never have happened IMO. I think Meghan is another royal bride to be with her kin going to the media and trying to become "famous."
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #678 on: February 10, 2018, 11:03:02 pm »

Only kin I can think of is Waity's uncle and he was not trying to  get in the media with his drug deals. MM family is the white trash that is vying for media attention and have since she was dating PH. Interesting enough, although MM pretended she didn't know much about PH before dating him, the family she doesn't talk to knew enough without her to start getting press off of him at the onset of their going public. So again her feigning ignorance is ridiculous and shows what a phony she really is. She is doing the same. And yes anyone that PH dated or married would get attention, but she seems to deliberately attract it more with her marketing and all. She is awful awful awful. And PH is under a spell but will wake up one day.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #679 on: February 11, 2018, 04:33:52 am »

Re: The Wendy Williams thing...

Back when news of them dating broke, Wendy said on her show that a few weeks before the statement from KP was released MM contacted her show to try getting booked. She told Wendy's producers something to the affect of "I'm going to be the hottest ticket in town in a few weeks" but they didn't bite. Recently, Wendy made the comment about her trying to get a job on the show. If this is true, I'm guessing at one time MM tried to get booked as a lifestyle/fashion/cooking segment expert. It would make sense considering she did the same thing with the Today show and her blog.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: