Royal Gossip
August 19, 2018, 03:59:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 46645 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #640 on: February 08, 2018, 08:15:28 am »

Most of this is tabloid garbage! When did Meghan ever claim 'noble heritage' or state that she is going to drop people? Have you heard her do so?  That rubbish was in tabloid articles. What proof is there that she has leaked anything, about her wedding attire, dress designer, (that proved to be false anyway) or merching? (The Daily Fail has put the price of clothing worn by Kate, Pippa and countless other celebrities in article segments for years. That has nothing to do with the people concerned in the article.)

What movie role has Meghan gained? The film being made about her and Harry's romance is being made by the same people that made the film just before Kate and William's marriage. The Cambridges didn't commission that film and Harry and Meghan haven't commissioned this one. It won't star Meghan nor will she be making money from it.

Making money from sleeping with a Royal? When? Meghan is Harry's fiancee and soon to be wife. Many people soon to be married sleep together as do those dating seriously. There is a difference between a casual girlfriend and a fiancee.

There seems to be an assumption on this forum that every rumour printed by online sites and the tabloid press in Britain about celebs and royals is the truth and nothing but the truth, and comes straight from the person involved themselves. Well it doesn't!

9/10th of the time it's either made up by the so-called journalist concerned or has a tiny grain of truth that's been expanded. Tumblr sites are worse, much worse as often what appears on them is pure fiction and vindictive lies. What's more, unlike newspapers, they can't be hauled before the Press Commission and be forced to retract.

Tom Markle left home early, in his teens. So did Samantha. There were irregular family get togethers which they have talked about. The last time Samantha saw Meghan was at Samantha's graduation. Tom Markle hasn't seen Meghan on a regular basis  since she was a young teenager, as the photos that he so gladly shared with the media show.

There was irregular contact, a phone call or two, a family get together every now and again until there was a big bust up between Tom Markle Snr and his son about seven years ago. Meghan saw them irregularly if at all through her twenties and into her thirties, so it's quite untrue that the Markles were a close and loving family until Meghan got Suits. From all I've read, and it's been considerable, nothing could be further from the truth!

If it isn't the truth then why did Tom Jnr come out just recently and say (words from his own mouth) that his sons didn't 'deserve to go to Meghan's wedding' because 'they hadn't seen her since they were children.' End quote. As they are now grown men where were all the supposed happy Markle family meetings?   

The trouble with making money from your relatives whom you haven't seen for years, sometimes decades, is that sooner or later you run out of photos, videos, memories, material. And then it has to stop.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #641 on: February 08, 2018, 01:37:49 pm »

On MM's wiki you can see that she's claiming royal heritage through her father. She's been very thorough in documenting all public displays of her status with PH on her wiki page so it's safe to suppose that she is making that claim.

Since the beginning of her relationship with PH she's been dropping hints. First on instagram, then on blind gossip, now on specific twitter accounts. Just because she didn't go out and make an interview about it you can tell that she's been sending messages. EA for example knows her itinerary before the CC announces it. That should speak volumes about leaking info that shouldn't be leaked. Maybe PH is in on this, maybe he's not but if CC's job is to announce things for BRF, then EA is not the best person to leak beforehand so that the american tourists can go and make a crowd.

The only reason MM is interesting in any way is because of PH. Unfortunately she does not have star power and whatever money she makes by promoting certain brands - she's making them because of her association with PH, not because people are interested in her. If, hypothetically, PH was dating Riri people will continue to buy whatever she wears because of Her, not because of who she is with.

I have zero doubt that MM is making money off of wearing certain brands during official events with PH. The legality of it and the morality of it are completely different from the fact that she had a website dedicated to making money off of writing articles for brands, the clothing line she was promoting - these are all stepping stones to what she's doing now. She is a hustler - if she sees opportunity to take money she'll take them.

I also have zero doubt that she's obsessed with status. If she wasn't it wouldn't matter at all if she attended the Christmas walk or not regardless if she was in UK or not. If she was in it for the long haul one Christmas more or less wouldn't matter at all but to her it did. It wouldn't even matter if she wears 75K dress or a simple dress for her engagement as long as she's standing next to the man of her life. But to her it did. What I'm questioning here is MM's motives for marrying into the brf.

One more thing - it doesn't matter if you keep in touch with your family every day or once in a blue moon - at important events like weddings and funerals you invite them all not because they are deserving - because these events are not about whoever is at the center of them. They are about showing respect to the ones that come before you. I have not spoken to my mother for 15 years. I literally want to punch my step father in the face when I see him. Still they got invitations to my wedding so speaking from personal experience. The wedding is not about the bride or bridezilla. It's about honoring the ones that meant something for you, who were there when you needed them and especially the family whether you like them today or not.

MM not inviting her family is ungrateful at least.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #642 on: February 08, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »

Anyone at all can edit someone's Wikki page.

We don't know that Meghan's half brother and half sister were there for her 'when she needed them'. In fact the opposite seems to be true as far as Samantha is concerned. She has alternately trashed her and praised her every since the news broke of Meghan's romance with Prince Harry. As for the rest of the family, Samantha's younger daughter (Samantha is estranged from all her children) has stated in the article below that Tom Snr gave/lent Samantha sums of money which she squandered and did not pay back. So perhaps Samantha should start taking her own advice about family obligations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4384654/My-mom-Meghan-Markle-s-sister-hates-Harry-s-girl.html

It's almost certain that Meghan's parents will be attending her wedding, as well as maybe a niece and other relatives. So her parents, who 'were there for her' unlike her absent half-siblings, will be present to see her married in 100 days time.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #643 on: February 08, 2018, 02:18:31 pm »

You can try and make all the excuses for her you want but the fact is her father's family is white trash and she acts like that too.  Trash in the royal family is what the end result is. But Harry wants this and the rest of the Royal family is looking the other way or embracing it.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #644 on: February 08, 2018, 02:27:54 pm »

Harry and the members of the BRF have met Meghan including the Queen. We haven't. I do not believe that Meghan has behaved in a trashy way. Her half-siblings certainly have. Believing everything about a person that appears in the Fail or on Tumblr sites isn't necessarily the way to discover the truth about someone.

Anyway, Samantha is at it again, attacking her brother Tom. She says Tom hasn't seen Meghan since childhood.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/02/08/13/15/samantha-markle-slams-brother-thomas-markle

And if Meghan proves to be a useful and hardworking member of the BRF and she and Harry have a long, fruitful and happy marriage? What do you say then?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #645 on: February 08, 2018, 02:36:59 pm »

^^ Yep, yep, down to the gun shots at a NYE party

^^^ Sam has a progressive mental health issue. Good or bad she needs help and that includes financial help. If Tom Jr helped her financially it should have been because he can and because she's family not because he's a loan shark or a bank. A lot of people put money first and family second and that's wrong. Sam just as M is product of H'wood and if there's opportunity for easy money by selling information she will do it just like her sister used the press to campaign for Christmas walk invitation and a ring. Sam, unlike M has probably lost at least partially her health care coverage and needs money. Deteriorating mental and physical health is a huge strain and financial pit for any family. Instead of judging her for selling info on M, I choose to support her in that. She's just trying to survive on her own while her family abandoned her as a burden, not only M but also Tom Jr. And don't get me started on Sam's daughter. Becoming born is not a given. At least for that she needs to be grateful for her mom and not drop her like unwanted baggage, whether she's perfect or not.

^ I said it already - to me the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I read tumblr because it's entertaining. There's a new spin on things every few hours. But I created my opinion about M based on her playing games behavior, obvious lies in the engagement interview, the carefully curated inappropriate attires. I do not wish unhappiness to anyone but I don't think they'll be happy with each other for long.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:41:57 pm by Ariel » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #646 on: February 08, 2018, 03:04:40 pm »

Sometimes it is not the illness, it is someone being just plain mean and nasty.  I don't think Samantha is a nice person.

Harry is a willing participant and he chose her to marry. All the scheming in the world can not force a man to marry someone.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #647 on: February 08, 2018, 03:12:35 pm »

Meggles will not be a useful or hardworking member of the BRF, and she and Harry will not be a compatible pair.   Meggles' track record with regard to work and how she has made her money and career moves speak to the one.  Meggles' narcissism and Harry's immaturity speak to the other.

This is not a compatible match.  They are not soul mates.  It is a disaster for both of them.  I could almost feel sorry for them, but they kinda deserve what's going to happen, so . . . bring on the popcorn.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2018, 03:20:20 pm »

Although I try to respect different points of views, I just find it very difficult to believe that people are so blindly loyal to MM. She’s proven herself to be contradictory and manipulative. It’s not wishing I’ll will to know that they won’t be happy should they actually get married. I’ve been giving Harry and the royal the benefit of the doubt and expect this two bit strumpet to get booted out of the UK with regret at going on this course with Harry.
I find it odd that her half brother had to get a lawyer to speak with her lawyer. Why are lawyers being brought into this?
Now there are more gossip sights hinting to her past that’s not flattering and more gossip shows talking about how she’s a pro. It’s like the press is gearing up for her unsavory past/present will be unleashed and all her smut splashed across the world. She’s got something she wants to hide. Too bad she’s under the dilution that Harry can stop that from coming out.
^ thumbsup 

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #649 on: February 08, 2018, 03:40:05 pm »

Well the press maybe hinting about something but I think if there was something really bad it would have been out by now.  That is not to say there are not enough bad things out already  She is awful. The more the more I read the more I think that. Harry is the willing participant but that's because she has them under some sexual spell that will not last forever.

Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #650 on: February 08, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »

I can't imagine what bad would come out about Megs, I don't think she has a sex tape. Nudes? Maybe, but her naked body is no different than any other woman so nothing special there. If nudes were to come out, people would go look and the would last for two days tops and then onto the next thing in life.  dontknow

I just love what Ariel said about Megs and status. Although, I think Harry asked the Queen if Megs could be at the Xmas luncheon and church walk.

Harry is the ultimate status symbol, what else could be higher, unless Megs became a U.S. President. Megs will forever be in the history books as a BRF princess by marriage, and I doubt she would want to be a divorced royal in those history books. The press will always photograph her and talk about her merched frocks, which she enjoys now. Megs will pop out two children and be content with her offspring's titles.  thumbsup

I also have zero doubt that she's obsessed with status. If she wasn't it wouldn't matter at all if she attended the Christmas walk or not regardless if she was in UK or not. If she was in it for the long haul one Christmas more or less wouldn't matter at all but to her it did. It wouldn't even matter if she wears 75K dress or a simple dress for her engagement as long as she's standing next to the man of her life. But to her it did. What I'm questioning here is MM's motives for marrying into the brf.

I don't like her behavior in public. She acts as if people are there to see her, which they are, but only because of her being engaged to Harry. Show some humility and just be yourself, Megs, you already got the job. Whatever she or Kate wears will always be talked about, but why not stump the press and wear a dress that's 50 to 100 pounds and bought at Debenhams or Marks & Spencer.  tehe
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:53:09 pm by Cali San D » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #651 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:21 pm »

^ The bad that could come out about Meggles is what she had to do to get her spot on the suitcase game show and on Suits.   With the daily reports coming out of Hollywood on the sexual pervision/immorality/assaults, I think it stands to reason that Meggles had to "play ball" in the sordid pit of show business.   
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #652 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:54 pm »

Of course she paid the bill but why would the other party say anything. That could get them prosecuted.

FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #653 on: February 08, 2018, 10:27:01 pm »

Did Prince Harry truly ask Tom Markle for Meghan's hand in marriage?   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z5EU1ClzdI

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #654 on: February 09, 2018, 05:30:07 am »

So sick of these 2 already and they're not even married yet. Although I do think they deserve each other. But the people deserve better. BRF isn't even trying to choose admirable spouses anymore
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #655 on: February 09, 2018, 02:45:33 pm »

It's a tradition when the girl is living with the parents and still under their care. To do it when a girl is 36 divorced and clearly beyond the care of her parents is just being traditional for the sake of being traditional. Rather he should have asked her ex-husband although he's no longer her provider either.  for a guy that's breaking tradition right and left it is ridiculous that he needs to be so traditional on this especially when no one's going to tell him no

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »

Not sure what I think of Meghan yet, but it appears her entire family are seriously messed up.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
dianab
Countess

« Reply #657 on: February 09, 2018, 04:02:55 pm »

^so are the Windsors (including harry)... and meghan herself being so crazy to marry into this family... also not says much good about her
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #658 on: February 09, 2018, 04:15:30 pm »

Tbh I don't like this whole "asking the father for his daughter's hand" thing. It's quite pointless... Firstly, it stems from a time when women were literally men's property (not too long ago! that was still true in the 19th and part of the 20th century!), hence the asking (as marriage was then a "transfer" of property and you can't steal someone's property, can you?); secondly, what if the father says "no"? He doesn't like his daughter's boyfriend (perhaps with very very good reason, not trying to make this hypothetical father seem like a mean guy), and declines. What then?

I like the Swedish tradition of bride and groom walking down the aisle together (this is an old tradition, since the 17th or so century, perhaps even much older than that!), because this is supposed to signal to the community that it is the bride and groom's decision to get married and start a life together, and no one forced them (hence the somewhat "scandal" when Vic & Madde chose to be walked down by their father, it was was seen as reverting to the old understanding of "property" and not modern, so a compromise was made, CG walked them down half the aisle and their grooms walked the remainder with their brides).
As opposed to the father walking down his daughter, which again, was to ensure and show that the transfer of property is in accordance with what the men decided.. (though I think the walking down the aisle thing is sweet, whereas the asking for the hand is imo truly pointless, not even as much backwards as it is -simply- pointless!).

Also I find that if someone wants to ask (to be respectful or traditional or whatever their reasoning), they should ask mum & dad, not just dad. It's not a transfer of property anymore, so neither parent has a greater claim on their child; it's both their child, they both raised it (her) and love their child; and not to step on any man's toes, but often the mother did more work than the father, so if anything it should be the mother who's asked, if we ask only one parent.

And in H&M's case, I'd say no, H did not ask M's father. He's never met the man and seems like father and daughter aren't on the best of terms anyway. Supposedly the skyped, but still. Besides, it's M's second marriage, so asking for permission is really really pointless, even pointlessier than usual!

^ Both families seem very dysfunctional! Should make for fun holidays and a fun life! easter-James
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:17:55 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #659 on: February 09, 2018, 04:55:18 pm »

Wendy Williams dubs Meghan Markle a 'random princess' as she reveals Prince Harry's bride-to-be once applied for a job on her talk show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5372561/Wendy-Williams-dubs-Meghan-Markle-random-princess.html
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: