Royal Gossip
August 15, 2018, 04:53:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 46243 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #520 on: January 28, 2018, 12:39:32 am »

Meghan Markle could replace KATE: Harry’s fiancee has Brexit test at Commonwealth event

MEGHAN Markle will face her toughest royal test yet when the Queen hosts the biggest gathering of heads of state ever to be held in the UK during a Commonwealth summit - and Meghan and Prince Harry are poised to take on roles usually reserved for Prince William and Kate.

The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, known as CHOGM, takes place in London in April and will have added significance this year because of Brexit.

The Government is hoping to use the summit of 52 Commonwealth countries, which is being held at venues including Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, as a platform to kick-start free trade talks with non EU countries in preparation for Britain’s exit from the bloc on March 29, 2019.

The Royal Family will be central to the week-long event, with the Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla and younger royals including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry all expected to take part.

Meghan, 36, expressed a desire to find out more about the Commonwealth during an interview with Harry following their engagement last November. It is thought she will accompany Harry, 33, on a number of appointments - with speculation the couple may even need to step in for William and Kate because their third baby is due around the time of the conference, which starts on April 16.

This could see Harry and Meghan attend a glittering state banquet at Buckingham Palace, where the American actress could be asked to don a royal tiara for the very first time - just weeks before her wedding on May 19.
A royal insider said: “A huge amount of planning has gone into making CHOGM a success and members of the Royal Family will have a significant presence throughout the summit. Prince Harry will definitely have a role to play, and now he is engaged to Meghan Markle, CHOGM would provide the perfect opportunity for her to find out more about the Commonwealth.”

In previous years not all 52 heads of state have been able to attend the bi-annual conference, but Government sources say they expect an unprecedented attendance, making it the biggest summit ever held in Britain.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/910842/meghan-markle-news-prince-harry-kate-middleton-queen-royal-family-state-banquet

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #521 on: January 28, 2018, 01:21:39 am »

The Queen usually attends two events at CHOGM - the initial meeting and the dinner. She has often left the event before the formal talks begin e.g Perth in 2011 she was on a  plane home on Day 2 having meet with the leaders, decided to change the succession to the crown with the 16 relevant heads of government and hosted the dinner.

As this event is in London I would expect most of the royals to show a number of the visiting Heads of Government around.

A State Dinner for 54 would be massive but I am not sure that The Queen would change protocol to the extent of allowing Meghan to attend such an event before she becomes a royal - maybe, maybe not.

William has never attended a CHOGM event and as such it would actually surprise me is Harry was asked to attend such an event before the future King and possible Head of the Commonwealth.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #522 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:03 am »

Meghan Markle has allegedly been going through ‘royal boot camp’ to make sure she’s ready to be married to Prince Harry! So will she actually do these bizarre things?!

Prince Harry, 33, and Meghan Markle, 36, are getting ready to walk down the aisle, but first Queen Elizabeth, 91, has some demands, according to the Feb. 5 issue of Star. “Meghan understands she must have a different public persona now, [but] she was shocked at some of the restrictions,” an insider tells the mag of the list of “royal rules” that Meghan received from Kensington Palace. “They just seem too antiquated and ridiculous!” the source adds.

According to Star’s “special report,” Meghan is expected to adhere to some pretty ridiculous rules. “Don’t speak unless spoken to, and always let Harry respond first,” one of the supposed rules says. “Also, let him walk in front of you — no one likes a henpecked prince!” Yikes. We can’t really see Meghan standing for that, can you?

Other rules include no cell phone use in public because it’s “vulgar,” no conversations “in public that last more than two minutes,” no getting mad at Harry or anyone else in public, no talking about beauty, diet or fitness, no flashy dressing, and no complaining about feeling ill. “Do gaze adoringly at Harry,” one of the rules allows. “Your job is to make him look good!” Ew. See more photos of Meghan and Prince Harry here.

“She’s told friends she finds the rules hilarious — but no one in the royal family is laughing,” the source shares. Well, if the Suits star doesn’t follow them, her wedding to Harry is as good as canceled, claims the report! Yeah, okay.

HollywoodLifers, what do you think of this report? Tell us if you believe Meghan is really going to live by all of these rules!
http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/01/24/meghan-markle-royal-boot-camp-walk-behind-prince-harry/

Yeah like MEggles is going to listen to anybody. She will do what she wants when she wants, just like Waity.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #523 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:59 am »

I'm not sure that the CHOGM dinner is classed as a State dinner, though it is certainly a very grand and formal affair. A tiara event for royals for sure. It's doubtful that Kate will attend, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see William and Harry there, though William might be a no-show if the Cambridge baby arrives on that date.

Meghan I'm unsure about. If she does attend I don't believe she will wear a tiara. Nowadays tiaras are restricted to members of the Royal Family at these sorts of events so IF she attends she could do so on a more informal footing I suppose. There will of course be female attendees without tiaras at the dinner and so she wouldn't stand out.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #524 on: January 28, 2018, 02:18:34 am »

I thought tiara's were only loaned to those who are officially married in. If this is true, could it be confirmation that Harry will purchase one for her?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2018, 03:33:12 am »

They won't be married yet, so Meghan shouldn't wear a tiara. Although she may throw a fit if they tell her no, and end up wearing one anyway. We'll see what happens.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2018, 03:45:02 am »

Battle of the Windsor brides: TWO royal engagements, ONE shared venue...and a whole lot of competition ahead. So who will carry off the crown for the wedding of the year?
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5320845/Meghan-Eugenie-battle-Windsor-bride.html#ixzz55RkcO6VE
No competion since he only royal wedding will be Eugenie's.

Ewh, so much talk about Soho House connection regarding how Harry met her. The air of skeekiness hangs around her and continues to taint the whole royal family.

No royal invite for Trump: US President has not been asked to attend wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Asked if he would like to go to the royal wedding in May at Windsor Castle's St George's Chapel, Mr Trump simply said: 'I want them to be happy. I really want them to be happy.
'They look like a lovely couple.'
When Morgan pointed out she had labelled the billionaire 'divisive' and a 'misogynist', he said: 'Well, I still hope they're happy.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5320943/Trump-says-not-invited-royal-wedding.html#ixzz55RnNJCxE
Funny when Trump comes off more classier than MM.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:50:12 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2018, 04:09:50 am »

It's almost certain that competing against each other in any way hasn't even crossed either woman's mind. The Fail always goes in for this rivalry and competition stuff in its clickbait online articles. It's pathetic.

I don't see how the wedding of a senior Royal like Harry, the son of the Prince of Wales and much higher in terms of rank and profile than Eugenie, and who is a working Royal, can be said to be having a non royal wedding and Eugenie's a 'Royal' one. Both are marrying commoners, Harry's mother was an aristo, Sarah was well connected but the Ferguson family had no cash. The BRF and a few spare royals, Greek, African, and German will probably be at Harry's nuptials, Eugenie may have some of those but more celebs as she has friends in that set, and Harry will get the carriage ride around town and the wedding televised. I'm sure both weddings will be absolutely superb.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2018, 04:43:46 am »

Could Victoria Beckham’s saviour be in the form of a Princess?
She and Meghan Markle have struck up a close friendship after being introduced by Becks and Prince Harry.
Meghan even wore a VB cashmere jumper for her engagement, pictured below.
That is despite the firm getting a boost from Meghan Markle, who wore a Victoria Beckham cashmere sweater in the official photoshoot to celebrate her engagement to Prince Harry. The £690 garment sold out.
But Victoria herself no longer has the same ability to drive sales.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5320455/Victoria-Beckham-slashing-prices-fashion-label.html#ixzz55S11ObVN
VB is all about her image of being a successful designer, so she's going o be ticked off at this revelation. Her association with MM spelt poison to her business as well as mismanagement. Some of her cloths are nice but way too expensive.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2018, 11:21:33 am »

It's almost certain that competing against each other in any way hasn't even crossed either woman's mind. The Fail always goes in for this rivalry and competition stuff in its clickbait online articles. It's pathetic.

I don't see how the wedding of a senior Royal like Harry, the son of the Prince of Wales and much higher in terms of rank and profile than Eugenie, and who is a working Royal, can be said to be having a non royal wedding and Eugenie's a 'Royal' one. Both are marrying commoners, Harry's mother was an aristo, Sarah was well connected but the Ferguson family had no cash. The BRF and a few spare royals, Greek, African, and German will probably be at Harry's nuptials, Eugenie may have some of those but more celebs as she has friends in that set, and Harry will get the carriage ride around town and the wedding televised. I'm sure both weddings will be absolutely superb.

It's well known that Charles does not want Eugenie and Beatrice in the model of the scaled down monarchy. Harry is indeed higher in rank and profile.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2018, 05:07:51 pm »

I am not a fan of Andrew but this is the first time since Anne married i believe that a prince will walk a princess down the aisle. I don't know that Anne was walked down the aisle her second time. It is tacy of MM to do that at all.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2018, 06:19:43 pm »

Letizia of Spain wore a white dress and veil, had bridesmaids, the whole thing, when she married for the second time, to Felipe in a cathedral setting with a full mass. No-one thought that was tacky. It was Felipe's first wedding just as it will be Harry's and those two men quite obviously wanted/want to see their brides come down the aisle like any other bride.
 In a world where there are thousands of second and even third marriages people do what suits them nowadays instead of keeping to some arcane rule. How many first time brides today are virgins when they wear that white gown and veil, because after all, that's what the white is supposed to signify?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2018, 06:35:36 pm »

One should check if this is only her second marriage. Could be third, possibly fourth. How many white dresses does she really need. Also, they should check if MM has a daughter already. Just so they cover their bases and don't spend a fortune while MM comea with a whole entourage of money hungry power hungry dame hungry friends and family. My guess is that brf doesn't want to turn into the hunger games brf edition.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:57 pm »

Marriages and a child her best friend for thirty two years knew nothing about! The only people who are speculating that MM has had a second marriage (or more) and a child are the increasingly desperate anti-Meghan Tumblr sites who still feed baseless rumours about her to Twitter. Thank God the main three have very few posters now. Their latest is that Doria had two daughters, fed to them by an anon that still haunts a couple of the sites! Perleeze! How about a reality check!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »

I'm with you on that but I can't shake off the hunch that there's something fishy about MM and the palace better leave no stone unturned.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2018, 09:32:28 pm »

One should check if this is only her second marriage. Could be third, possibly fourth. How many white dresses does she really need. Also, they should check if MM has a daughter already. Just so they cover their bases and don't spend a fortune while MM comea with a whole entourage of money hungry power hungry dame hungry friends and family. My guess is that brf doesn't want to turn into the hunger games brf edition.

Marriages can't be hidden especially for someone whose past has gone through a fine tooth comb of inspection. She is no Zsa Zsa Gabor. And as for having a daughter, I find that very hard to believe. I think Meghan would have raised the child. I  think royal men are a lot more likely to have love children (think Prince Albert of MOnaco).

As for the multiple marriages, this would have been uncovered ages and ages ago and she would have been Gone with a capital G
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2018, 10:06:31 pm »

Why do you think she would have been gone if she had a third marriage or a child? Harry can marry whomever he chooses. I think they did check up on Meghan, but it's not as extensive as some people would like to believe. I don't believe she had another husband or a daughter, but there are no standards for Harry's wife, other than perhaps someone with a criminal record would be discouraged.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2018, 10:27:38 pm »

As far as I recall in recent times no senior royal got to marry someone with 3 or more ex husbands. And I think the criticism re: MEghan would be that she fibbed about the number of past marriages and lied and also lied about the child.  I think that was the allegation against Meghan in Tumblr that she lied about her past.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #538 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:15 am »

Sparkles keeps Harry¿s test/ticles in a designer jewelry box on her nightstand. She takes them out every morning & with a solid gold pair of royal tweezers, she plucks a single ginger hair from the withering sac. If it¿s curly, she grandstands & bloviates about her feminism & humble roots for the cameras. If it¿s straight, she just stares straight ahead & pretends to mysterious. Once the ba/lls have been plucked clean, she¿ll cash in on her prenup & jump on a plane back to LA, where she¿ll begin writing her tell-all.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5321547/Meghan-Markle-plans-SPEECH-wedding-reception.html#ixzz55X3GD3OK

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2018, 01:28:21 am »

I am looking forward to William's wedding speech with jokes about the FA Cup.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: