Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 06:38:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 49400 times)
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 01:31:52 am »

^Wow, a fake diary entry, some people, not you HRHOlya, have too much time on their hands. But it was a funny thing to read tehe

I went over to Meghan Markle Review and someone posted a link to the dress that Meghan wore under her coat during the Xmas walk:

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Meghan-Sentaler-Harry-Philip-Kate-Miu-Miu-Christmas-Day-Walk-to-Church-C-Jack-Getty-777-x-600.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Club-Monaco-Tay-Short-Sleeve-Velvet-Wrap-Dress/prod206410093/p.prod?ecid=NMAF__rewardStylerewardStyle&CS_003=5630585&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=NMAF__rewardStyle&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=NMAF__rewardStyle
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 01:46:49 pm »

^ haha indeed, but when you have to churn out an article anyway to get paid, why not?  easter-lol

https://fashion.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/fashion-news/201712307842/meghan-markle-christmas-day-dress-revealed/0-55-484/club-monaco-tay-dress-a.jpg
This is the dress from above Murkles wore to church for the Xmas walk. Wtf! This woman is becoming fast a worse flasher than Waity. With Waity it's at least "ooops forgot my knickers and the wind and weighing my hemline and a slipper! total accident!" With Murkles it's straight out "Looky what I got! Look! Look! Decorum? Can I eat that?"

I just cannot believe what she's been wearing 95% of the time so far!!! ffs!  sly ick thumbsdown

PS The dress has a touch of Little Smutty Fauntleroy Little Lord Fauntleroy.
Or Victorian Maid Lost Her Way and Went Upstairs by Accident.
Or some sort of Victorian cosplay gone wrong, originally it was a nightie but Murkles saw the ratty old drapes at KP and thought "I'll make a dress instead of the same pattern!"
Regardless, good Gawd someone send help to this dumb woman!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:50:39 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »

That's strange. I saw that model velvet dress in the fashion thread in TRF and it had ties up to the neckline.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2017, 04:22:14 pm »

Even with the extra ties, a velvet burgandy wrap dress is not appropriate for morning church. The color and dress style clashes with her tan casual coat. Cocktail attire in the morning. PLEASE.  I don't believe she is that dress code blind and she is a smart cookie (as we say here). So again the dressy with casual look is her signature. Maybe it will take off. My actress friend (was little Gretel on the SOUND OF MUSIC film) thinks MM is a fashion icon and my friend is known to overdress for everything. She is also had a traditional white wedding gown for her second marriage in her late 50s. So this is Hollywood and that is exactly what MM is bringing to the marriage and Brf when they participate.Harry is the opposite. Unless they dress him in a tux, he has a very causual look even in a suit and he wears light blue in suits which is casual. I never see men in light blue suits in court where one has to look more proper. This is MM style. The problem is when she goes to formal affairs, what will she wear, more of the same or neon lighted gowns....

The only constant is change.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2017, 04:45:55 pm »

^ Are you sure that anyone with fashion sense or in Hollywood finds the obvious and complete lack of taste, class and appropriateness in Meghan's 'fashion' choices.

I get it - she's been dreaming of the red carpet her whole life and hasn't gone to church enough to know that nighty is probably distasteful and disrespectful but still. Instead of trolling tumblr, twitter and bkind gossip sites she coukd have googled 'how to dress for church'.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:48:45 pm by Ariel » Logged
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2017, 05:07:26 pm »

People in business and regular social functions dress appropriate although, I imagine we are more casual than back East or in London. For Hollywood things, it goes all over depending on the event. Music parties are very arty.  I personally have never seen cocktail attire for morning church or brunch. But my friend might.  We don't do Christmas morning church or brunch together. I for one think she is doing this on purpose for some reason whether it is too shock or she is setting some new fashion standard. It is hard to beat Kate who does know how to dress at all occasions. So did Diana. I don't know what her problem is.  I do know no one with any taste wears medium tan boots and sporty hat with a light tan trench coat and a burgandy velvet cocktail dress underneath. Maybe she is color blind. Mabye she is just obnoxious.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »

'It doesn't look good': Psychic predicts Meghan Markle and Prince Harry WON'T last and claims William and Kate are expecting another baby GIRL
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5223691/Psychic-predicts-Meghan-Markle-Harry-wont-last.html#ixzz52rJu6dQY
One doesn't need t be or believe in psychic's to know that this is a disaster.
IMO, Meghan's fashion's tacky when she's led on her own or has Jessica send stuff to her. When she "borrows" stuff from her Suits character's wardrobe, it's not bad becasue the Suits stylist knows how to hide her flaws.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2017, 05:22:51 pm »

Mabye she is a Russian, CIA, MI6 spy set out to ruin the BRF or parts of it, maybe Diana is reaching through the grave to further the downfall of the monarchy, (Harry will be fine himself in the end) or this is just a cruel twist of fate. In any event, watching MM is like hearing someone run their nails down a chalkboard. But PH is smitten and determined to have her be his wife. So grin and bear it, I guess. Prince Phillip insulted yet another innocent person at the Christmas walk. Maybe this is just karma to the Brf.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2017, 06:28:45 pm »

'It doesn't look good': Psychic predicts Meghan Markle and Prince Harry WON'T last and claims William and Kate are expecting another baby GIRL
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5223691/Psychic-predicts-Meghan-Markle-Harry-wont-last.html#ixzz52rJu6dQY
One doesn't need t be or believe in psychic's to know that this is a disaster.
IMO, Meghan's fashion's tacky when she's led on her own or has Jessica send stuff to her. When she "borrows" stuff from her Suits character's wardrobe, it's not bad becasue the Suits stylist knows how to hide her flaws.

Please keep this kind of articles to the royal prediction thread.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2017, 06:34:55 pm »

^^IMO, MI5/grey men/Spooks set her up with Harry because there was rumblings about how the monarchy is seen as colonial and that they didn't want the queen as head of state. Harry was due to go to the Carribean tour on behalf of the queen in a few months time, and things kicked into higher gear with #notmyprince movement. Things started to quiet down when it was known that Harry was dating Mehgan. Why, because she's of mixed-race.  IMO, because she's so unsuitable, she was used and now's been discarded like she's done to people after she's gotten what she wanted off them.
IMO, Harry's doing what he's directed to do and not going off on the rails and against his family in favor of this narc. Hopefully this bad soap opera will come to an end very soon.
^sorry Alexandrine.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:42:00 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »

No problem. Happy new year!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2018, 04:32:01 pm »

Happy New Year to my fellow posters. My day is just beginning and I imagine a lot of yours are at the end. All I have to say about the Christmas dress is what I said before that she likes to do this casual dressiy mix to events that are neither casual nor dressy but they're sort of in the middle. So don't be surprised to see her go to a dressy event in a gown with neon lights advertising product placement on her skirt part you know the neon thing that goes around in a circle with the name of the product. And she will be wearing sandals or flip-flops with rhinestones. Or yet a rhinestone studded baseball cap. Then on the beach she will wear shorts with a diamond tiara. I think she's making a statement fashion-wise. And this gets her attention and people talking about her like we are. You know she's going to have to do a lot to upstage Kate. And this chick needs the attention she really does ...that is why this marriage will not last. Because eventually Harry is not going to be able to give her enough and he will be holding her back unless she has a total turn around when she's married but I doubt it. Interesting Lee enough like Diana she will go on her own and be bigger or at least independent from The Firm dictates. Unless of course the firm changes themselves and just lets her do what she wants to keep her happy in this marriage. But they let for you go so I doubt they're going to let her get too outrageous.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 11:01:47 pm »

This is in regards to holiday to France that was posted whilst I was making an edit to the same article.
Why would KP source talk about security but not about the hiring of Table Talk? Glad to see people not buying this trip.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:10:29 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2018, 11:05:44 pm »

Prince Harry whisks Meghan Markle off to the French Riviera for a romantic New Year break... and they fly economy on British Airways next to the toilets!

Harry and Meghan flew out of Heathrow on New Year's Eve on BA flight to Nice.
    Pair boarded before other passengers and headed straight to back of the plane
    Sat near toilets and took up three rows of economy seats either side of the aisle
    Harry apparently slumped down next to the window in jeans and baseball cap

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5226867/Prince-Harry-whisks-Meghan-Markle-Riviera.html

"In an attempt to remain incognito, the pair boarded their 9.55am flight before any other passengers and headed straight to the back of the plane, next to the rear toilets.

They also took up three rows of economy seats, either side of the aisle, even though there were only themselves and three 'edgy and nervous' bodyguards in their party.
"

<<Just "themselves", taking up 3 rows on either side of the aisle... That's pretty normal. Have they become morbidly obese since Xmas to need this much space "by themselves"?

"According to one fellow traveller, the aircraft actually took off several minutes early, much to the surprise of other passengers, and shaved 20 minutes off its two-hour flight time."

<<What good luck these "royal" passengers bring to the plebeians!
One paragraph they are "by themselves"; the next they are "a group".. Can't they decide?

"Other sources have told the Mail that several members of France's elite Service de la Protection – the police unit responsible for the protection of foreign dignitaries – have flown down from Paris to guard the couple during their stay.

Asked if Kensington Palace had requested them, they said: 'No, it would have been offered and would have been non-negotiable.

'After what happened to his mother in this country and the issue of terrorism, it would be insisted on even for a private trip such as this.'

All officers within the force are armed with a Beretta M9, while at least one of them would also have a machine gun.
"

<<Oh please! And also: May the St Diana card favour her sons and their ridiculous wives forever. ick

Also this little tidbit:

"One decision that has already been made is the catering firm they will use for their May nuptials.

While royal household staff will man and cater the main event – and will be paid for by the Queen and Prince Charles privately – the couple have also employed society favourite Table Talk, most probably for the evening reception.

The firm has royal pedigree – it was used by Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge for their 2011 wedding and by Kate's sister, Pippa Middleton, when she married last year. Kensington Palace declined to comment last night.
"

<<Pippy used to "work" for them for a while, right?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:07:56 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 11:21:35 pm »

I think so. I cqnnot believe they are so stupid they are going to have a double wedding like Will and Kate.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2018, 11:27:05 pm »

Their little PR exercise trying to make them look frugal (whilst taking up 3 bloody rows of seats!) by flying "economy" (boohoo cry me a river) not only failed, but Ldn - Nic is a very short flight and 1st class likely isn't even offered. Not familiar with this particular route via BA, but 1st class on short flights makes no sense and is a ridiculous waste of money.

PS Not going to pat them on the back for not booking what makes no sense; or not booking what wasn't even available to book.
I guess we should be grateful he didn't scrounge a flight on his friends' private jet?! Is that what this "frugal" praise is all about?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:29:08 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2018, 03:29:56 am »

Nothing praiseworthy about two people taking up three rows of seats.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2018, 04:40:39 am »

Out of all the places to go on NYE Nice is the stupidest. It's not even warm at this time of the year.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:02 am »

They have each other too keep warm . Or can Nice be a stopover for somewhere else ?

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:51 am »

^ It was speculated on at the time the Twitter came out about Nice that they might have been going skiing (apparently Fergie is at her Swiss chalet a lot of the time now,) or to Africa, but someone else suggested that it's only going to be a few days away and it might be at Nice to celebrate Charlie Van Straubenzee's engagement, which was announced only a little while ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: