Royal Gossip
May 23, 2019, 02:21:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 59966 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #620 on: February 07, 2018, 04:00:57 pm »

All the royals are like that when you get right down to it. Harry and Meghan have limos and Palaces like the rest of them.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #621 on: February 07, 2018, 04:16:08 pm »

Meghan Markle ordered to pay a huge amount to move to the UK with Harry - this is why

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry and set to wed in May, when Meghan will become a UK citizen. The Suits actress already lives in London - but it has been revealed the royal-to-be will have to pay a huge sum to move to the UK permanently.

Meghan Markle, 36, and Prince Harry, 33, may be two of the most famous faces in Britain, but they still have to abide by tax law like everybody else.

And the Suits actress will have to pay more than her other royal counterparts, thanks to the citizenship process.

Meghan, who has accumulated a net worth of $5 million or around £3.5m, will be charged two lots of taxes.

She currently resides in the UK on a family visa, however, the rules of this visa state she must marry within six months - according to the BBC.
Those who hope to move to the UK can only apply for permanent citizenship after five years.

After Meghan marries Harry she will have to renew the visa once every two a half years, so once if she intends to become a full UK citizen after five years is up.

Therefore, Meghan will pay taxes in the UK and to the American tax agency the IRS, even if she is earning in the UK.

Meghan earns royalties each time a show airs, meaning she could make money from her one big time TV role for years to come - however, she will be taxed on this income in the UK and US.

If she chooses to appear in any more magazines, like the Vanity Fair profile in which she publically addressed her romance with Harry for the first time, she will also be charged tax on her fee from the publication.

The Duchy of Cornwall, a private estate which Prince Charles controls, paid out £9.5 million to Harry in 2016 alone, an income Meghan will now likely share.

This, and other payouts from the royal purse, lined by taxpayer cash, are all taxed.

Meghan Markle’s sister has recently spoken out about her relationship with the former actress.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/915540/meghan-markle-prince-harry-news-uk-visa
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #622 on: February 07, 2018, 04:20:28 pm »

^ So Harry get 9.5 million a year?    Or was this a one-off?    This is crazy money.     blink
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #623 on: February 07, 2018, 04:25:49 pm »

She currently resides in the UK on a family visa, however, the rules of this visa state she must marry within six months - according to the BBC.
If she chooses to appear in any more magazines, like the Vanity Fair profile in which she publically addressed her romance with Harry for the first time, she will also be charged tax on her fee from the publication.
So she did get paid for her VF photoshoot and interview according to this article.
The Duchy of Cornwall, a private estate which Prince Charles controls, paid out £9.5 million to Harry in 2016 alone, an income Meghan will now likely share.
WTF for?  huh
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/915540/meghan-markle-prince-harry-news-uk-visa
IMO, the tumblr blogs shouldn't be dismissed. They have videos and articles that won't necessarily be found in the mainstream UK press. She did look bored and fake and slightly rude during the Endevor awards to me. I laughed when Harry was more interested in taking the umbrella than assisting her up the stairs. Harry looked disinterested and annoyed with her.  
^^Fly beat me to it, but check out the two interesting tidbits.  eating cookies
I've never heard of a family visa, so she's most likely just using her passport to enter the uk where she can stay for 90 days without a visa. At least the press is now taking about meatier stuff like visa and tax issues. I'd be curious if she's getting paid for her merchandising because each appearance, the press has what she's wearing the minute she comes not view.
^it's mad money. Will there be an account as to how it's spent; why he was given such a large sum?

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #624 on: February 07, 2018, 05:04:06 pm »

^ According to tumblr sites MM is paid for those pap stolls but through a third party - JM. Apparently JM opened a PR company that helps companies go to new markets - mainly US, Canada and UK. JM signs the brands, MM merches them and PH holds the hand of his beloved innocent lamb  king

@Rosella, I did see videos where MM was booed on the first engagement, where MM disregarded the black dj on the second engagement but Harry stopped her, where she looked bored out of her mind on the third one when the main cameras were not on her. These things, whether deserved or not will not make it to the mainstream media because the knight in shining armor will jump to defend his damsel in distress who is not treated with the utmost fawning by the media.

@lesken, I'm on the fence about Doria.  If MM grew up on the set of Married with Children (I love the show) where was she when MM was growing up and who raised such a self-absorbed and ungrateful woman. She apparently has millions yet didn't bail her mommy, her daddy or her sister. If MM was really proud to be both she would have bought a house to her mom in a nice neighborhood like all the rappers do. But she didn't so - who raised her so ungrateful. On the other hand she was poised and dignified - on IG for display but not participating in the show and she's quiet which apparently for some is a virtue, and I agree but as they say - everyone loves peace and quiet but if you have a toddler in the house quiet is suspicious.

^^^ Now that we all know how much PH makes a year the blackmailing party can begin.  easter-akasha

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:07:03 pm by Ariel » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #625 on: February 07, 2018, 05:17:02 pm »

^^Hm.  Interesting.  It sounds like the 9.5m is a cya one-off to prevent future US taxation if dispersed once vs they’re married, to me.  If not, and that money is given to PH each year, which I doubt, she’d be taxed by the IRS on either the whole thing if they file jointly or 50% at a higher rate if filed singly.  It will be a lot either way.  The IRS will lop off 35+% right off the bat and then she still has State Taxes on any residuals and California is about 30%.  So, a hosing, as we say.  An audit seems likely in 2019.  It would be a lack of due diligence on the IRS’ part not to.

What’s true is that upon marriage, the IRS will have full access to all monies including Harry’s.  There’s no way around it until she becomes a full citizen of the UK and even then the US tax code can hit every dime in residuals, worldwide, because those earned dollars originated in the US. 

And that doesn’t even include the high cost of tax attorneys that have to be US citizens and answerable to the US Treasury as long as she is a citizen.

Good luck with all that, Sparkles.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #626 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:29 pm »

'I don't know these people': Meghan Markle 'denied knowing her own half-brother when he asked for help dealing with media'
Tom Markle said he reached out to his half-sister in a touching letter, to congratulate her on her engagement to Prince Harry, 33, and apologize if his personal had 'caused you any embarrassment'.
But Markle says Meghan, 36, never responded to his heartfelt note.
And when her half-brother attempted to reach her by contacting the palace of her soon-to-be-in-laws, he learned she wanted nothing to do with him.
He told InTouch that his lawyer, who had been communicating with the palace to ask for assistance with dealing with the press, had forwarded him Meghan's reply.
'My lawyer had a phone meeting with her lawyer, and he emailed me some of her direct words. She said, 'That's distant family and I don't know those people.' That's pretty harsh,' he said.
It appears a palace spokesperson put him in touch with a lawyer, but Markle told him that he could not afford their recommended legal representation after moving house so many times.
Tom Markle's own lawyer had previously warned him in October that: 'I don't think there will be any improvement with the media unless you talk to your sister.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5363311/Meghan-Markle-denied-knowing-half-brother.html#ixzz56RWIJ9dC
So much for her being a humanitarian. Charity starts at home.  eating cookies  One could say that he's a grown man that shouldn't have his hand out, bt it's sad when she dismisses him outright like that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:23:07 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #627 on: February 07, 2018, 05:40:35 pm »

Looks pretty bored to me or sedated  tehe

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/02/06/16/48CDE0E900000578-5358729-image-m-8_1517934552559.jpg
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:50:32 pm by Cali San D » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #628 on: February 07, 2018, 05:53:44 pm »

'That's distant family and I don't know those people.' That's pretty harsh,' he said.

That explains harry "the family she never had" comments  tehe

The markle family should leave things be Meghan wants nothing to do with them .the dad side of her family are crap who all have family we don't mess with.all of them just need to shut it and go away
 she don't mess with the mom side either cause the uncle said she dropped them when she got on suits
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:59:56 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2018, 06:11:47 pm »

^And whose fault is that she dropped her family on both sides.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #630 on: February 07, 2018, 06:51:07 pm »

It proves that she's a social climber who's willing to drop family, friends, boyfriends, colleagues, husbands, etc, who's not beneficial to her anymore. I looks bad that he's asking for a handout, but it equally looks bad that she's denying knowing him, actually "these people."
comments:
yellow spiderbite, Yoddles, New Zealand, less than a minute ago
How can someone deny knowing their half siblings?? With photo proof to the contrary? That¿s cold.

Annie, Cardiff, about a minute ago
These people, how patronising

Barbara, Monterey, United States, 2 minutes ago
I am not surprised. She can't help him because she might have to let go of Harrys arm to do anything. She would dump her mother if need be too.

Just moi, London, 6 minutes ago
Don¿t like her and never will. I have a sister I¿ve not spoken with in about 12 years (we did not grow up together and she was a tear away) but I still include her in my sibling count, I could never be so cruel to deny her full stop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5363311/Meghan-Markle-denied-knowing-half-brother.html#ixzz56RukoV1a
This family isn't going away. It looks like this whole thing went on in October last year, so why is this being realeased now? I hope that this is the begining of the end because no matter what, she denied knowing her own family and that's the bad part no matter how hillbillie they are. It seems sice she got Suits, she distanced herself from her family.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:53:49 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #631 on: February 07, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »

Countdown to the Royal Wedding: A Guide to Meghan Markle's New Life in London
Two years ago, Meghan Markle was living a pretty ordinary life…for an actress, at least.

She had settled into a cozy house in a quiet neighborhood of Toronto, where Suits is filmed, and when she wasn't on set she was able to go about her life with relative anonymity.

Unless you are a devoted watcher of the USA drama, you'd be forgiven for not recognizing her as she walked down the street. Which is exactly what she often did, whether it was to pop over to her local juice store, Revitasize, her favorite restaurant, Bar Isabel, or to walk her dogs in Bickford Park. She was the kind of celebrity who only occasionally was stopped by fans asking for a quick selfie or to say hello.
http://www.eonline.com/news/912131/countdown-to-the-royal-wedding-a-guide-to-meghan-markle-s-new-life-in-london
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #632 on: February 07, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »

No one is coming out a winner in the Markle Family Debacle.   Meggles doesn't owe her siblings a pay out.  Nor does she owe them help with dealing with the media.   However, the way it seems she has cut all members of her family off with such speed and resolution does not say much for her character, either.  They are all cut from the same cloth, imo.

Doria?  I still don't know why people think that Doria is all that.  Maybe we can get more of a feel of what makes her tick if she is invited to the wedding.   

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #633 on: February 07, 2018, 07:12:31 pm »

^^^Exactly. We all have family members we'd rather not associate with but it's cold and heartless to cut off ties with family members because one thinks they are superior.
^* i.e. largely unknown

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #634 on: February 07, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »

Lastofthesummerwine., Oldham, United Kingdom, 13 minutes ago

I wonder how many people commenting on this article have actually read it . They are insulting this poor man when all he is asking for is for help dealing with the press that appear to be camping on his doorstep. She has refused to help by saying she doesn't know who he is which is untrue. She didn't like it when she was being hounded by the press ( That is if she was) because she got Harry to put out that statement telling the press to leave her alone. Yet here she is refusing to help her half brother who didn't ask for the press to hound him like they have. I know you sycophants don't like any comments that criticize her but you can't deny that what I have said is true. If she was a true humanitarian then she would help her half brother no matter how how long ago it was since she last saw him and no matter what has gone on in the past.

Cindy, Houston TEXAS, United States, 18 minutes ago

We all have that one relative....or two or three. I have one very awful sister whom I've completely cut off ties with. She got a POA and proceeded to sell my mother's home and then bought one for herself while my mother was in the hospital. It doesn't get trashier or more evil than that. But, I couldn't very well say I don't know who she is. I do - and MeAgain knows who her half-brother is. Doesn't mean she has to associate with him but don't claim you have no idea who it is. That is pretty wrong if you ask me. Tell the truth - that you can't stand the person - but don't outright lie.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5363311/Meghan-Markle-denied-knowing-half-brother.html#ixzz56SBIPn7Z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fergie is a class act AND Carole a dignified woman - next to Meghan... She spent her teenage years and early 20s around her father and half-siblings - in fact she LIVED with them
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #635 on: February 07, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Said "She Ignored My Plea For Help" (EXCLUSIVE)
"My lawyer had a phone meeting with her lawyer, and he emailed me some of [Meghan’s] direct words. She said, ‘That’s distant family and I don’t know those people.’ That’s pretty harsh," Tom tells In Touch, calling it "a slap in the face" and "below the belt."
"My attorney was reaching out to her people and the palace to basically [help us] try to get a retraction for all these false stories in [countries] where there are different laws," he tells In Touch. But despite his lawyer’s pleas for the palace to “take some action to protect him,” emails show that a rep from Harry’s office simply told him, “I am so sorry to hear you have been having a tough time with the media."
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/meghan-markle-half-brother-tom-markle-153334
There're picures of the emails dating 31 October, 2017 and 10 December, 2017. KP distanced themselves from this.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #636 on: February 07, 2018, 08:20:44 pm »

There's not much to say about this other than she's an awful woman she really is. Maybe I'm misspoke on another thread when I said she can't be that cool hearted that she ignore poor people or vets in front of her. If Harry is not around or the press she probably does.

The only constant is change.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #637 on: February 08, 2018, 05:12:20 am »

Sorry, but siblings/half-siblings are not "distant" family. You could say you're not close or had a falling out or something, but distant family would be a distant cousin (2nd cousin, 3rd cousin) or something like that. Nothing "distant" about sharing a parent.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #638 on: February 08, 2018, 06:56:55 am »

That supposed statement from Meghan in regard to Tom and whoever else was complaining with him -defacto wife, I suppose-- is like a version of Chinese whispers, conveyed to his lawyer through hers and who knows how many other people as well.

Meghan has tried ignoring Tom, through all the well-meaning statements, through the artless selling of photos and info on their father's address given to the media, through the extraordinarily embarrassing front pages of British tabloids regarding guns and drink and spats with his girlfriend. It hasn't worked. Having happily worked with the media in the weeks before the engagement he's found, as many have before him, that the British tabloids are relentless and can't be ignored and dropped when you want.

Now, if I were Meghan I would get Tom's phone number from my father or whoever, and phone him. Thrash things out in a civilised way, tell him he has been embarrassing to her and unfortunately he won't be coming to the wedding, nor can she help financially. Meghan could explain, as a good will gesture, that she and her lawyers will do their best to get the British editors off his back. She will have to explain however that Britain has a free Press and there is a limit to whatever appeals they can make to editors. After all, even married ins haven't been protected from running the gauntlet in Britain.

Vague statements through third parties of whatever nature doesn't look good. The Markle family is poor and will continue on as it has done if something isn't done. If a phone call isn't made then a short and dignified statement could be made from Meghan via KP stating that unfortunately family circumstances have been such that she hasn't been in touch with Tom or Samantha (or her father's family) for many years, and therefore any comments they may make about her are valueless.

He appears to be a rather good natured individual on the whole and if things are directly explained the begging bowl might be put away and he just might keep quiet, unlike his viperish sister, Samantha.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #639 on: February 08, 2018, 07:23:25 am »

This article came out after an article that MM has been dropping people in her circle by sending messages via third parties. Sounds legit.

And unfortunately MM can't have it both ways. She can't claim that she's with noble heritage through her father and disregard the very family members that share with her this royal lineage. She can't pretend her siblings don't exist yet demand from them via personal call, lawyers' messages, or KP statement that they do her bidding. She is not the boss of them. In fact, she's so much like them that the embarrassed people should the PH and the brf, not MM.

If MM can leak her engagements, her dress designer, what tiara she wants for the wedding, where she want to be on Christmas well... her family can do the same. If she can make money off of sleeping with a royal like merching and now a movie role, so can her siblings sell pictures and write books and what not. Looking at Sam's money appetites and Tom's dysfunctional behaviors, doing the math that MM was not around her family for only 6 years out of 36 (the 6 years of filming in Toronto), it makes the saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" ring home imo.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:25:09 am by Ariel » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: