Royal Gossip
August 14, 2018, 11:55:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 46217 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2018, 10:49:30 pm »

^^ I feel sorry for her, too.  She's blown off at Christmas and not defended or praised when Harry opened his big mouth about the BRF being the family she never had.  That hurts.  She has to live with that in the news so her daughter can play the victim and be saved.  It's the worst thing you can do to a mother.  Or family.  They've all given that kid a lot so she could be where she is today.  Doria didn't do it all.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2018, 01:54:11 am »

^^ Why would she follow someone and then close down her account the next day, when she's "not used her social media in months"??
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2018, 03:48:57 am »

^It was in the past prior to Harry it seems she was going after football players back then as she was fishing around Ashley Cole too. She wants to be like Victoria beckham a AG, imo. A WAG is a girlfriends/wife who basically lives a vapid lifestyle living off the success of their partner. Victoria did that for years off the success of David Beckham after the Spice Girls disbanded. Actually she still does today because her design business looses money each year and she relies on David to bail her out. I don't know if KP shut them down or she did because the press would go through her accounts and pull up conflicting information from the narrative she's painting with Harry now. IMO, she's way over exposed now becuase of her own pr push, her family constantly giving press interviews and articles focus on her even when Harry's around. As she considers herself a brand, she's useless because she's way overexposed to the point there's no mystery like other celebrities have.
This affair's such an ick factor that i can't see Wills and Waity going on tour at the end of the month and this nonsense is still in the press. The article about the rings she had on was nonsesne but I believe the point of it was to say what Mehgan is and what it's like to deal with someone like her. At the end of the day she's all fake Hollywood bs and harry's a "servant" of the people who has to ride a thin line between being a royal to use his position to bring awareess to causes and help out to being in the public eye. These are two different opposing positions, so that alone would cause any marriage between a celebrity and royalty major issues. In her case, she's got a suitcase of other reasons why she needs to get lost.

Keep Calm and Carry On
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2018, 05:18:24 am »

Samantha to me sounds very bitter. It is the family's business about helping their father and Samantha could help him out without blasting her grievances to the media. IMO. If she did not get along with her stepmother it's a family matter. Doria keeps her mouth shut which is a good thing.  She is her half sister not sister.

From what I've read that Samantha & her mom are quite the duo. It has been reported (also well known)that once Thomas Markle & Doria were married. Those two called Doria "the maid" or "the help", even after Meghan's birth. I don't care who you are, where you came from things like that demonstrate the character of a person. So regardless of what we see on the outside, what we read from gossip magazines and speculation from news sources. Those hard life lessons were instilled into Meghan. It's important to remember her love of food & cooking didn't begin with GOOP but from the fact that she took care of her Grandmother after she had a stroke.  Her Grandmother was her caretaker while her mom attended college. 
I'm willing to give her a chance not only because everyone deserves one. Because yesterday a DJ was surprised that Meghan came prepared. She knew names & backgrounds and they felt appreciated. (Hence the nervousness).

....now about these race war rhetoric  stop it please. anyone who lived in the US heard this in 2008 & 2012. there are really serious & scary things going on across this world but Meghan Markle isn't  it. Harry is about to be #6 in line to the throne.So again please  stop it & enjoy 2018  easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:34 am »

^ I disagree. I understand that MM needs to keep fabricating enemies so that she can appear like a damsel in distress that Harry must save and what better enemy than your own family - the family that she knows better than PH, and can lie through her teeth about. If she was to venture creating enemy from within PH's family, it would have backfired. She did try with the Yorkies and look at the comments.

I'm all for 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances but no need to give a chance to a snake to bite you. IMO, she's already shown her true colors, her attitudes, her aspirations for fame. The fact that not only the UK but from all over the world don't like her for a reason.  bored3 Time to accept that. No amount of tolerance and understanding can reform her fame hungry ways or her shady character. The world is not her mom, the world does not need to or have to understand her, pity her or give her anything. The world does not owe her anything. BRF does not owe her anything.

I'll also use this thread to answer to some of your other posts. No, marrying a royal does not mean that you have to be a narc. Narc is not a good thing, it's a mental health illness that is a burden to everyone who has and is burned by the narc's attention.

But as my Grandmother would say, "They talked (spoke ill/ bad  about Jesus Christ. What makes you so special?"  
I especially wanted to answer this quote. There's a saying that my grandmother used to say: Some people read the new testament like the devil reads the Bible. I'm bad with quoting verses but there was somewhere a quote that there will always be someone who doesn't like you. What matters is that the good ones like you and the bad ones dislike you. Gosh, if someone can help with the verse, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I find it highly clingy to the white side of the family that Meghan is pictured with the same people that are said to be bad, not bowing down to her enough, not appreciating her for the amazing beauty and talent that she thinks she is, BUT there 's no pictures or meetings with Doria's side of the family. There's no black friends, there's no teenage photos of MM being happy with her darker skinned relatives.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:42:28 am by Ariel » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2018, 10:31:07 am »

Harry, I believe, is going to regret not taking the time to get to know The Sparkles Family much more intimately.  At least, in some cases, face to face.  Have a dinner or two or three first.  Same goes in reverse.  Do your research at least a little. 

Just believing stories or what MM says is not nearly enough.  Meeting a faction of the BRF isn't nearly enough either to make any judgment call.  These two are going headlong into this without any even a little below-the-surface understanding of how the other was raised nor the extended family dynamics.

I swear that if Harry wasn't in the position he's in and was, say, a multi-millionaire corporate King, this would've ended up a quickie Vegas wedding.  It has all the elements of that to it but with a patina of tradition, ancient buildings and attendees of stature only because those are the Rules in PH's life.  That's it.  The substance of the thing still feels hastily and cheaply constructed.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:58 am »

^^There are no pictures of meetings and events with Doria's side of the family because, (with the exception of one divorced uncle),no Ragland cousins or other relatives, and certainly not her mother, have gone to the media and sold their stories or photos. Therefore there  are no photos of Meghan with darker skinned relatives/friends because they haven't chosen to behave like the Markle side of the family.

^^There's a great danger IMHO in taking the attitudes of people who comment in the DM and on certain Forums and Tumblr and Twitter sites as gospel.

There are over 64 million people in the UK, millions more in the Commonwealth and billions more overseas. I certainly don't believe that it is true that every single one of those individuals dislike Meghan Markle. That's just unrealistic.

When Harry and Meghan get married on May 19th this year there will be thousands at Windsor turning out to see the wedding and millions more watching it on TV in Britain and overseas. That's just the reality.
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2018, 11:51:51 am »

I think it is a case of the Raglands being much more dignified than the Markles. I think Meghan's Dad just wants to be alone, if truth be told. To be fair, the ONLY Markle we are hearing from is a step sister. And as a member of a combined family, things do get strange with ex wives, etc, in the mix. Consider the times as well. Interracial marriages were not as common at the time, and were not as universally accepted as they are now. There would not have been big, happy, unified Christmases, in most of these situations. After all, the Brady Bunch was never real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140059/Meghan-Markles-parents-Tom-Dorias-wedding-revealed.html

This marriage is not going to spark off a race war in my opinion. Or at least I would hope that the social fabric in the UK would hold together in spite of a white guy marrying a biracial girl he was in love with.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2018, 12:57:04 pm »

A very MEGHAN makeover? How Prince Harry has swapped uniform of staid suits and off-duty polo shirts for stylish layering since falling for the star (and they even colour co-ordinate)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5251705/Prince-Harrys-style-makeover-Meghan-Markle.html
Except when he’s not around her he reverts back to himself. IMO, it’s like he’s playing a role when he’s with her hence his demeanor changes as well as his wardrobe.

Gone, but not forgotten! As Meghan Markle deletes social media, FEMAIL reveals her best, and final, posts - from poignant quotes and bikini snaps to the first hints at a romance with Prince Harry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5256731/Meghan-Markles-final-Instagram-posts-revealed.html
It shows her narcissism, hypocrisy, etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:01:02 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2018, 01:46:43 pm »

^^Maybe not a race war although I've yet to see any signs of a complete cease fire there, but I am fairly certain that most media surrounding this couple will be about race, racism, betterment, stagnation, change, not change, driven by the US media.  It is the subject du jour every single day and this is a bullseye for their narrative.

It's hard to blame them.  The BRF are the most visible advert group on Planet Earth for the so-termed "White Privilege".  The press can't believe their luck with this union and will have a field day.  Every day.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2018, 02:06:42 pm »

Gone, but not forgotten! As Meghan Markle deletes social media, FEMAIL reveals her best, and final, posts - from poignant quotes and bikini snaps to the first hints at a romance with Prince Harry

Meghan, 36, shut down her Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts this week — nine months after she shuttered her website, The Tig
    Her decision to close her social media accounts is in line with her changing status, as she will soon become Prince Harry's wife 
    Senior members of the monarchy do have official Twitter and Instagram accounts, but they are run by the social media teams of their households
    Meghan's former Instagram page was filled with inspiring quotations, stunning travel photos, and plenty of selfies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5256731/Meghan-Markles-final-Instagram-posts-revealed.html

Somehow they seem to have forgotten that what was once online, it is forever online.
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2018, 02:59:07 pm »

^ I disagree. I understand that MM needs to keep fabricating enemies so that she can appear like a damsel in distress that Harry must save and what better enemy than your own family - the family that she knows better than PH, and can lie through her teeth about. If she was to venture creating enemy from within PH's family, it would have backfired. She did try with the Yorkies and look at the comments.

I'm all for 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances but no need to give a chance to a snake to bite you. IMO, she's already shown her true colors, her attitudes, her aspirations for fame. The fact that not only the UK but from all over the world don't like her for a reason.  bored3 Time to accept that. No amount of tolerance and understanding can reform her fame hungry ways or her shady character. The world is not her mom, the world does not need to or have to understand her, pity her or give her anything. The world does not owe her anything. BRF does not owe her anything.

I'll also use this thread to answer to some of your other posts. No, marrying a royal does not mean that you have to be a narc. Narc is not a good thing, it's a mental health illness that is a burden to everyone who has and is burned by the narc's attention.

But as my Grandmother would say, "They talked (spoke ill/ bad  about Jesus Christ. What makes you so special?"  
I especially wanted to answer this quote. There's a saying that my grandmother used to say: Some people read the new testament like the devil reads the Bible. I'm bad with quoting verses but there was somewhere a quote that there will always be someone who doesn't like you. What matters is that the good ones like you and the bad ones dislike you. Gosh, if someone can help with the verse, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I find it highly clingy to the white side of the family that Meghan is pictured with the same people that are said to be bad, not bowing down to her enough, not appreciating her for the amazing beauty and talent that she thinks she is, BUT there 's no pictures or meetings with Doria's side of the family. There's no black friends, there's no teenage photos of MM being happy with her darker skinned relatives.

1. WTH? huh  Creating enemies? huh   Race Wars?  huh
  -  I just believe that it was and still is disgusting that her mom was called "the help" or "the maid".
   - On the topic of family . . . it is for good reasons family reunions aren't yearly events. Everyone has family members we wish could disown. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
2. First things first, it isn't wise to be in the presence of snakes (legless, carnivorous reptiles or humans).
   -  In Real Life THERE IS NOTHING TO ACCEPT, relax there is no need to be so invested dishing is supposed to be fun easter-bunny

3. My apologies, I shouldn't have used narcissist . The correct term is  Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) -wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and they feel uncomfortable when they are not.

4. The reason you see pictures of the Markles and very few of the Raglands is probably Doria is the ultimate decider of how, what, and when they will be released.
   She appears to be a private person.

I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative. James A. Baldwin

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2018, 03:20:14 pm »

But as my Grandmother would say, "They talked (spoke ill/ bad  about Jesus Christ. What makes you so special?" 
I especially wanted to answer this quote. There's a saying that my grandmother used to say: Some people read the new testament like the devil reads the Bible. I'm bad with quoting verses but there was somewhere a quote that there will always be someone who doesn't like you. What matters is that the good ones like you and the bad ones dislike you. Gosh, if someone can help with the verse, I'd appreciate it.[/quote]

Unsure if you're being shady or just plain nasty but I'm definitely sure you picked the wrong day to do it. The verse I mentioned was the one that my Grandmother instilled into all of her children as they marched for the right to vote, equal education, better living conditions, better pay, and the list goes on and on. Not only was it uttered she demonstrated in actions. She not only believed, she lived it. The meaning of the quote is simple Jesus Christ was the Son of God and people cursed him, beat him, betrayed him and eventually killed him...and HE WAS JESUS. So whatever Tina, Donna, Lisa and Marie are saying about you doesn't matter focus on the matter at hand, those same people will doing the same thing tomorrow at the same time at the same place.

Well today I lost her at the age of 98 and I am deep in my feelings because she was more than a Grandmother, she truly was my everything.
My sincere apologies for going off topic but my heart is full.

― Hunter S. Thompson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:45 pm »

^ I'm so sorry for your loss, ohmy. Your grandmother sounds a wonderful person and she spoke the truth. There will always be negativity and naysayers about others, whether they're in public life or not, and IMO it is just so much better to try and see the good in people. Sending you my prayers and best wishes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2018, 03:55:32 pm »

^^My sincere condolences and I wish that you would feel that you could come to me (or Alex) in a private message if you have any concerns or are deeply offended by another poster's remarks.  i cannot speak for Ariel but I cannot imagine that the intent was to cause harm.  If I have read this wrong, kindly correct me.  With warmest affection.  YM

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2018, 05:37:17 pm »

I have a question:   Why do so many posters here and in other forums think that Doria is all that and a bag of chips?   Anybody know anything about her?  Does she have any kind of a personality?  Has she made an impact on anyone's life other than giving birth to and raising Meggles?  And since Meggles has turned out to be such an attention-hungry, social-climbing, people-using, gold digger, isn't that a negative against Doria's mothering skills?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2018, 05:53:36 pm »

^ I don't agree that Meghan has been any more attention-hungry than any other actress (and that's the nature of their business, to a large extent.) If you climb above your beginnings in the US that's considered social climbing? I thought getting ahead in life was admired! Her sister Samantha certainly uses people, namely her sister, and has done so since last November. If Meghan was such a gold digger she would have applied for alimony when she and Trevor divorced. She asked for nothing in her petition except the restoration of her maiden name.

Doria works as a social worker for Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services in California, (has done so for several years) so, IMHO, I'd say she has had an impact on many people's lives. This particular organisation is not a not-for-profit one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:56:46 pm by Rosella » Logged
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2018, 06:02:06 pm »

^^I guess people can respect Doria and her side of the family because she is not in the news or seeking attention because her daughter is marrying a famous, rich man.

When are parents no longer responsible for their offspring's actions? Is it Doria's fault that her daughter is an "attention-hungry, social-climbing, people-using, gold digger" as you say she is? I don't think so; Meghan developed those straits all on her own or she may not even be like that - the social-climbing, people-using and gold digger part. tehe

We can see with our own eyes that she is definitely attention-hungry, just by how she acts when visiting a charity with Harry. I knew it with the Vanity Fair article.  sob

This the woman Harry chose and I don't think the wedding is going to be called off. He is enamored with Megs because she is attractive, in his eyes, and she boosts his ego which makes him feel loved.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »

^ Doria's lack of information can be 1) dignified; or 2) the sign of a boring personality.   That's what I'm trying to determine.

^^ Yes, Wikipedia tells us that Doria is a social worker and a yoga instructor.  You would think she has impacted some lives; wouldn't you?  Where are the stories of that impact?

I remember when Diana came on the scene and stories came out about how good she was with children (at the kindergarten and the American lady she nannyed for).   Her father told some stories about her childhood.   Her teachers told some stories.  In other words, we got a snapshot into her life.   When Sarah came on the scene, we heard about all her boyfriends including the one she lived with, and her horsemanship, and her boisterous, colorful personality -- the other side of the coin to Diana, in other words.

Doria's staying mute while allowing the half-sister to put whatever out there really isn't doing Meggles any favors.  Where are the good stories?   Perhaps even mom can't come up with any?   Now's the time to talk, mom.  So, I wonder if Doria is simply a quiet, even boring personality who can't be bothered.   How will she deal with a royal wedding? 
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/stories-42460315
This is what’s going on with Harry and Meghan’s relationship, IMO. This is why he looks stressed out and again my opinion is that this is allowed to play out for a bigger reason. Yooper’s post is spot on regarding “white privilege” but in this case I feel that Meghan’s not the right fit at the end game because she uses her white side to push a lifestyle of success and entitlement and only acknowledges her black side to play victim. She didn’t get the black people in Brixton out to see her because they see her as fake and “white passing” so she’s a failure. People see what she’s about and it’s all self serving for her.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/902315/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Royal-family-engagement-London-radio-station-today
She’s very controlling as she’s always hanging onto Harry and we’ve seen how she was during the engagement interview and how she interrupted him during the Brixton interview.
They’re visiting Wales on January 18th. Why continue on with this when she’s not liked and acts like she’s a major star and Harry’s her side kick.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-42648032
People of Wales are tough and straight talking so they’ll not put up with her fake nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:28:01 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: