Royal Gossip
October 23, 2018, 09:54:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 49609 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:50 pm »

The thing is, it not only insults his proposed new in-laws, it insults every working family that’s not a royal one.  It implies that his privileged family is somehow superior to everyone’s. 

But!  I would’ve let that go because he’s an idiot and kept eye rolling over this disaster. He really stepped in it with me by doubling down with that odious KP statement.  That was a no turning back point because he tantrummed right on instead of qualifying it with a kind understanding of her family. 

I’ve heard mention that he parroted MM’s statement at the Christmas party which makes it even worse.  He believes this crapola because he doesn’t know her family which is the stupidest thing ever.

What she meant was, “This is the richest family I never had.” 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 11:06:37 pm »

Ditto

The only constant is change.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 12:00:13 am »

Whenever Sam says anything, I usually take it with a grain of salt. We're pretty aware that she has an agenda. On the other hand, I believe Tom, Jr.'s statement is as authentic as it gets. From looking at the video, it looks like they caught the poor guy while he was taking the trash out or something. It's not like he was looking for attention.

Sparkles is the baby of the family. There's a good 15-20 year age gap between her and the older siblings. Having a sibling that's 20 years younger than me, I can tell you that my parents were in a much better position financially and were in a much different mindset (read: spoil the kid on the same level a grandparent would) when the youngest came along. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that and there's absolutely no resentment but, having lived it myself, my money is on Tom telling the truth.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 01:43:37 am »

It's noticeable that Tom Jnr says 'WOULD be shocked' when speaking about his father's possible reaction to Harry's statement. That's because it's clear from other family members disclosures that it was a huge row between Tom Snr and himself several years ago that split this fractured family wide apart.

Has Tom Jnr spoken to his father in the last 24 hours about his 'shock'? It wouldn't appear so, and the only people who have said anything about what Harry said in the last day or so have been Meghan's unstable sister and this half brother.

Look, I don't doubt that many years ago, there was contact and there were get togethers between the various family members. But that was many years ago obviously, as the only photos we have seen that were given/sold to the Fail and others show a very young Meghan. There's been very minimal contact since. Samantha herself has admitted that she has not spoken face to face with Meghan for many years. 

We don't know what has been said between Harry, Meghan and her parents in the last day or so. There have probably been phone calls. We don't know because the parents don't talk publicly. And every time the estranged members come out and say anything it just exposes a little more just how fractured the Markle side of the family is.

And what business is it of British tabloids anyway? We know they love dirt, and Tom jnrs mild response must have been a huge disappointment really. They were probably hoping for a rant, Samantha style.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 02:20:56 am »

Harry made it everyone’s business.  And in the most damaging way possible.  He made it personal and hurt people needlessly. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:23:40 am by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 02:52:14 am »

But Yooper, that doesn't make it OK surely for British tabloids to go sniffing around those relatives that can be found, looking for a reaction, preferably a dramatic one. It's pretty clear that the Markles are a clan riven by hurts and old quarrels and divorces. All of that happened long before Harry met Meghan.

And if Tom Snr is hurt, and we don't know whether he is and we don't know whether he's spoken to Meghan and Harry, that's surely for Tom and Doria and their daughter to sort out, not for Samantha (who hasn't spoken to Meghan for years) to come rushing in giving her point of view, or for newspapers to try and inflame things even more.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 03:06:28 am »

The entire Markle family who are US citizens can say whatever the blazes they like.  It is Harry, fed by Meghan, who let this cat out of the bag.  No one else.  If a brother or sister is hurt they have every right in the world to come to the defense of their parents and if the media is how they choose to do it, that is their right.

Harry and Meghan have this coming to them.  It's disrespectful, immature, delusional, hurtful and shows a clear lack of knowing diddly squat about the family of the manipulative female he is about to join with for life.  He's shown he is only listening to her and that makes him an utter fool.

Expect a lot more of this to come because I guarantee you full-scale drama and victimized is Sparkles stock in trade.  She's loving this and couldn't care who gets damaged in the process.  Harry, I must say, is somewhat of a willing victim here but that's his problem.

What exactly is the media supposed to do?  Live in a world where the BRF are protected and that this isn't news? Go back to the turn of the century?  It is news.  And, again, it's Harry's fault, not the media, not the sister, not the brother, nobody else's.  They have every right in the world to call bs on her fairy tales.

If nothing else, the taxpayer has a right to know what they're funding.  Any political figure who pulled this stunt would be treated the same way.  A careless, heartless person should be expose before taking one dime of the public's money or representation.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 04:16:19 am »

^ITA. She'll end up alone though since this wont go to a marriage, imo. Harry's throwing her under the bus and she's stupid enough not to see what she's loosing in the process. Someone who has this much negativity form the people and even the press would be detrimental to to the monarchy. Something's not right about the engagement and everything that's come out afterwards and I think Harry wasn't talking about a surprise during the radio interview that has nothing to do with if Obama's invited or not, imo. Now Meghan's being played off against her family and I exspect her scheming friends, Jess, her so called stylist, and Markus should be next. She's ruined her life for nothing because Harry will be ok at the end of this mess. Since he looks like he's truly stressed out, I hope that this gets resolved, her booted, very soon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:23:40 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 05:55:42 am »

Meg’s step mum is making a bit more sense. I have a friend from divorced parents and I know she finds it difficult navigating the family dynamics at Christmas even though they live in the same city. It’s a shame that Harry didn’t think before blurting about her family. He’s probably trying to counter the frosty image of the royals without thinking of the consequences of what he said.

I wonder if HM has broken tradition and invited Meg to give her a taste of what it is like dealing with press, gossip and family before they get married. Baptism of fire if you like. Gives her time to back out before the wedding!

Roslyn Markle — who was married to Meghan’s dad Tom Sr. in the 1960s before marrying her mom Doria — told Radardistance was the reason for Meghan’s estrangement from her children (Meghan’s half-siblings) Samantha and Tom Jr.

As readers know, drama of a family rift unfolded after Prince Harry told Radio 4listeners that the royals were like the family Meghan never had.

“The aunts and uncles and the cousins in the Markle family were hundreds and thousands of miles apart,” Roslyn revealed. “So there wasn’t a lot of the Markle family presence all the time.”

https://radaronline.com/videos/meghan-markle-family-estranged-harry-stepmom-truth-sister/
Val
Princess

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2017, 08:32:16 am »

Spot on response re Sparkle the soup kitchen saint

WHATAMESSWEREIN, Abridge, United Kingdom, 23 minutes ago
First we had loud & proud, the over confident but they didn't endear her to the masses. So, shy & clingy was wheeled out next which still didn't work so now I give you ...... St Sparkles of the Soup Kitchen.
New451
Joanna
courtier

Daenerys Stormborn, the true Queen

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 10:57:11 am »

I think it very interesting on how both Kate and Meghan try to emulate Diana, although they do it in different ways and it apparently works like a charm. Meghan is turning into shy and dependant on affection Diana. It's either that or I'm seeing too much into this, which I'd like to say it's the case but I don't think it is.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »

But the brother has no contact with the father, does he?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joanna
courtier

Daenerys Stormborn, the true Queen

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 01:16:16 pm »

^According to reports, they haven't been in touch in a long time, Thomas Sr lives in Mexico I think. I guess that could've changed with the news of the engagement but I doubt it.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:32 pm »

@Val...is this the article you were referring to?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5222321/Meghan-Markle-volunteered-Skid-Row-13.html#comments-5222321
Val
Princess

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 03:28:52 pm »

Yes, that's the one.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 03:31:15 pm »

^^I love the smell of desperation from Camp Sparkles in the morning.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 03:51:07 pm »

Ok it's great that she did that at 13  thumbsup so what did she do from age 14 to age 30 in her college years she was in buena vista working in the embassy let's hear more about that .I know she joined the UN and world vision two  three years ago so what was she doing before she joined those groups dig that up press talk about that.

The press bringing this all out to show people Meghan was/ is a feminist princess in the making since she was a fetus  ,and she will not be just a clothes horse like the other one.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:53:50 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »

^Every Catholic school does this.  It's outreach planned and driven by the Church.  She had to go.  Zero brownie points.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »

It strikes me that her PR firm put that out to counter the negative stuff going on about her family that she is estranged from. As I said before she has no traditional family that she celebrates Christmas with so that's why they invited her to theirs. Having gone to Catholic school for a few years I was always doing charity work through the nuns programs

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »

The comment Val posted is spot on. Her tactics aren't quite working, so she keeps changing the narrative to hit the sweet (Diana) spot. Only it's not going to happen, ever. Mostly because people aren't that dumb not to realize that she is changng the narative and becoming desperate, which makes her look exactly like she is: disingenuous. The fact that the soup kitchen thing was another school assignment she claims as her own grand idea makes it all the worse. Her only charity effort was basically since meeting H going on photoshoots, and before meeting him a couple of photoshoots with the poor. That's it.

"How is Meghan Markle settling in to the UK? Morwenna Ferrier has a snoop

Dear Diary

Moving into Harry’s cottage next week. Can’t wait. It’s too cute! Need to get a juicer asap.

I love it here. Everyone is so friendly! People back home kept on telling me that the royals are racist but I asked Har and he said Philip adores his trips to the colonies. Really, really love it here.

So turns out the house used to be Kate and Wills’. And theirs is bigger. WTF. Still need to get a juicer.
Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
Read more

Wow I used to love the Daily Mail but they are SUPER mean! It’s like they have a whole team of people dedicated to digging through my past!

So it turns out the Daily Mail have a whole team of people dedicated to digging through my past! Har said we could totally sue them if they keep publishing old pics.

Love my man!

Totally bonding with Kate. She’s, like, always pregnant, which is a bit worrying!? But super fun. I met Pippa, too. Seems kind of moody. Pretty though! In the States we’ve only ever seen her from behind.

Quit Suits but I’m totally going to quit Twitter, too. Everyone is being so mean about my divorce. Harry says divorcees are hot and that I’m like Wallis Simpson in WE. I love that film! She had the cutest hats. Hope I get to meet Madonna soon.

So yeah they already deleted my Twitter for me. Apparently I’m too “outspoken” about Hillary and Trump and Brexit. My lady in waiting has taken the wifi code until I agree to “stay neutral”. *poo* here’s like The Circle.

Met Harry’s grammy today! She’s super sweet and short, but keeps calling me Miss Merkel by mistake. Like, I get it, she’s old and stuff but like I told Mom, I’m not the German here. They also told me not to call her Grammy. We’ll see easter-egg-basket Really hope I get to meet Madonna.

Filmed my last episode of Suits today. Squeal! Can’t wait to be a wifey.

I’m so bored.

Today I decided to familiarise myself with British culture, because we’ll be travelling around a lot (um that wasn’t in the brochure, Harry!), so I’m watching King Ralph, Grand Designs and something called Currie, which is a show about a street. I also downloaded Monarch Of The Glen, which looked cute, but Harry thinks that it’ll be kind of pointless soon.

Should really go to sleep but I’m 368 pictures deep into Cressida’s Instagram and I can’t stop. God she’s pretty. Stupid name though. Harry said he’s going to roast a chicken, but think I’m going to go vegan. Need to tell Har. Brits are so weird. I miss Suits."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/dec/30/meghan-markle-dating-diary-priti-patels-flight-satirists-news

Quite apt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: