Royal Gossip
December 17, 2018, 03:15:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged II  (Read 52310 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:54 pm »

Happy posting  flower

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 02:21:28 pm »

^That'll be the day with these two.  But, the first thread is locked, please continue here.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »

https://twitter.com/GeoffRobinson49/status/945354427258560513

Meggles looks so bad, she makes Kate look good.  What a look on Megs' face . . . .the ridiculous hat, the messy hair, the bulky coat, hanging on to Harry as if the wind will lift him off if she doesn't hold him down . . . .  Shocked
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 02:40:20 pm »

Meghan is a private citizen, and will be until May 19th 2018. Sophie worked through her engagement. She ran RJH Public Relations, a firm she began with a partner in 1996. That ended in 2002. (Sophie married in June 1999.) She lived with Edward in his rooms at BP for at least part of the time and had a Royal protection officer. So did Fergie, who worked for BCK Graphic Art publications in London for part of her engagement, a job she'd had since 1984.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 02:52:07 pm »

Sophie and Sarah worked for businesses in London.  Meggles was an actress in a lightweight role.   What could she possible continue to do along those lines that would not bring embarrassment to the queen?  I doubt the Royal Shakespeare Theatre would be interested in giving her an audition.  They -- unlike Harry -- have standards.   
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 04:00:32 pm »

As long as she’s being funded by the British public in any capacity while being unelected she is NOT a private citizen.

^ Exactly. She’s not actually qualified to do anything. She has no real experience, outside of acting, that anyone with half a brain would take seriously and even the acting is bottom of the barrel. Her “working” would lead to nonsense. In fact, even Sophie took a left turn.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:06:00 pm by CarryingOn » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

M isn't entirely a private citizen anymore. Diana's first RPO told her the evening before the official engagement interview (and when the news broke) that this is her last evening in private, after that it's over with the private life (and to enjoy it because from tomorrow on there'd be no freedom anymore ever, sth along these lines). I guess you can say the engagement time is being inbetween private citizen and official rf member. She has her taxpayer funded RPOs, as every royal bride-to-be has had, and has stopped working or would be phasing out of work at this point.
M has stopped working, had her first engagement, did Xmas with the Winds, and as said has her RPOs, so at this point I don't consider her a private citizen anymore.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:30:04 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »

Is MM a private citizen or not? Is she in the twilight zone of this? Probably. BUT WAIT ALL....  She is not a British citizen on any level now. She is a American citizen trying to get a visa so she can marry a British citizen who is related to the Monarch. (Is the Queen considered a citizen or above that in the UK.) Oh now we got it. So the question is ... Is she a private person or not. Well in the US, she can't sue for any Invasion of Privacy that goes under the category public personality as opposed to me who is not one. I can sue for release of photos, etc. that interfere with my privacy. I imagine it is similar in the UK. But she has U.S. Constitutional Rights as an American citizen and I assume she has whatever rights the UK affords to its visa seeking residence persons who intend to become UK citizens. She will never be a "private" person again nor does she want to be.  So, where does that leave her? She has the right to leave the UK to do films or whatever. Will Harry stay by her side if she does, yes. Will the Queen be amused..No. Will  "the Firm" put pressure to stop... I'd say yes for now. But things change and she is keeping her door open.

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 06:38:34 pm »

Liz is above everyone else in Britain, as she's the only person in Britain who officially doesn't need (and likely doesn't have) a passport to travel the world. Very strange to me. She also doesn't have a driver's license and I don't know whether she needs one officially. She drives on private roads mostly where no one needs a license, but beyond that I wonder....
I could well imagine that Phil, Liz's kids and grandkids have diplomatic passports. Would love to know that one...
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »

MM was raised in a country where no one is above the law and we all have equal rights. ( I know money buys some people out of things) But in theory, this is what we stand for. The fact the Queen doesn't need a passport or driver's license is strange to me. She is just a human. But when the novelty and glitz wears off and MM is used to being royal, she will want her rights and her way. She may be educated now on the monarchy in the UK, but she doesn't really hold it in her heart or she would not be such a bleeding heart liberal. So when she gets comfortable and secure in her position, she will consider herself equal as a person, at least in her pursuing her endeavors.  And she will try to do them. This is not true for those spouses raised in the UK or Europe and the Commonwealth countries which is everyone else in the family. I believe that they understand and accept the monarchy rules as they were raised that way.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »

MM has intentionally sought out the press for interviews etc, has endorsed products, starred in a tv series, claimed, in public, a famous VIP is her boyfriend and has made herself available to the media for personal and professional advancement. She also stood in the sunken garden and showed off an engagement ring from the famous VIP. And then there are her blogs, IG, social media all geared to make her more money and more fame. She is not a private citizen and hasn't been one for years by her own choice. Who is saying she is a private citizen? I am confused.  dontknow

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »

^The only people saying she's a private citizen are those defending her every move. The second she hitched her wagon to Harry's she became the property of the people. Just as she's been quick to accept the perks of that choice, she must accept the bad and ugly that come along with it too. No crying privacy when the crap hits the fan and the criticism comes calling.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 08:03:48 pm »

MM does not want to be a private person. She wants her cake and eat it too. She wants to be public the way, American celebrities are public. They do what they want as long as they don't break the law in the US. (Can't say if that is true in other countries because I don't know. I know here because my Office has prosecuted many celebrities and some get convicted.) When she gets itchy for more freedom down the line, that is when you will see the roller coaster in full speed. And the thing is now that she is trying to tow the line, I think to make sure she gets in, there is semi-scandals going on or negativity from the various comments I've seen on the articles.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 08:40:52 pm »

^The only people saying she's a private citizen are those defending her every move. The second she hitched her wagon to Harry's she became the property of the people. Just as she's been quick to accept the perks of that choice, she must accept the bad and ugly that come along with it too. No crying privacy when the crap hits the fan and the criticism comes calling.
 I can just smell the desperation.   ick   Usually when someone has to try this hard to make someone acceptable or to happen they are usually not. Weak.  thumbsdown bored3 Ans I'm still not drinking the kool-aid.

PS I don't know where to find this on the forum but has anyone else read Archduchess Gabriella just gave birth to a child and became engaged to the father of her child in October?  Jajaja... congrats but I bet MMarkle couldn't pull THAT ONE off!!! Although she could always try if things go south rather sooner than later.  laugh

Barnabe et Kitty...
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 08:48:54 pm »

Gossip Cop says No Way was Meggles every in the running to be a Bond girl . . .

https://www.gossipcop.com/meghan-markle-bond-girl-james-007-role/

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:04 pm »

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle's father is 'extremely hurt' by Prince Harry's claim the royals are 'the family she never had,' reveals her brother who says: 'We were as close as could be'

Thomas Markle Jr, 51, of Grants Pass, Oregon has slammed Prince Harry's claim that the Royals are 'the family Meghan never had'
    Meghan's half-brother told DailyMail.com: 'Obviously, she had a family. She was very privileged. She got everything she ever wanted.'
    Harry made the statement on the BBC on Wednesday when he dished about the couple's Christmas holiday together in Sandringham, Norfolk
    His comments, however, sparked controversy causing members of Markle's family to speak out, including her estranged half-sister Samantha Markle
    Markle Jr added that Harry's comments were sure to upset their father, Thomas, 73, who he says 'made sure she had what she needed to be successful'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5221279/Meghan-Markles-dad-extremely-hurt-Harrys-comments.html

Harry will be very popular at the Markles family reunions. bored3

PS A comment from the above article:
"harry blew it the minute he met her- his image has imploded ever since they got involved"
Can't say I disagree with this. He does seem to have turned a new leaf since meeting her..  huh
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:03:50 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
marion
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 09:09:06 pm »

The impending nuptials are going to be such fun
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 10:00:25 pm »

Well, well, well, isn’t all this just so lovely. 

How many idiotic and embarrassing or outright falsehoods are we up to now?  Quite a few since that cringeworthy engagement interview.

From the “I just wanted to know if he was kind” to not knowing “much” about tabloid journalism or PH to broochgate to the dogs to her dumped friends, ex live-in boyfriend, husband, uncertain religious commitments, and now her own family who sacrificed to put her through private schools, college, acting classes?

She’s a peach, she is.

Btw, heard from CA and the Bond movie role is quite the laugh among former colleagues and employers.  Completely untrue, never happened.  In fact, there is hope that she will finally be exposed for the grasping, heartless user everyone knows all too well.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »

her family is the gift that keeps on giving. more and more her family side of the wedding will be filled with just friends +mom. don't know who is worse sam or tom

Meghan's New Year's resolutions: Prince Harry's fiancée reveals her vow to become more 'ladylike' by giving up bad habits such as SWEARING after a few drinks and nail-biting

As well as planning the wedding of the year, Meghan Markle is busily preparing for life as a working royal - so it's no surprise that the bride-to-be has some New Year's resolutions to help her slide seamlessly into her new official role.

Writing on her now defunct lifestyle blog, The Tig, in 2016, the former Suits star revealed that she makes the same resolutions every year, including becoming more 'ladylike'.  

Listing her intentions, the 36-year-old wrote: 'Stop biting my nails. Stop swearing. These make my New Year's resolution list nearly (AKA actually every) single year.

'The swearing comes in lulls triggered by being overworked or feeling mighty cheeky after a couple drinks.

'And when it comes to the biting of the nails – well, it still happens with a turbulent flight or a stressful day.

'It's unladylike. But then again, so is the swearing. Dammit.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5220247/Meghan-Markle-reveals-New-Years-resolutions.html

UM the BRF swears a lot and harry bites his nails so she will fit right in.

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 10:21:32 pm »

Like I said earlier he sure bought one. I stand corrected on my past comments that this isn't such a big deal that Harry said the royal family was the family she never had.  It is insulting to them. I think she has dissed that family a long time ago and so she really hasn't had a family but that is her own choosing. She's not a little orphan Sparkles. Hey Little Orphan Sparkles and Hollywood Harry we could start a comic strip.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: