Royal Gossip
September 23, 2018, 08:04:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of woman do you think Harry should marry?  (Read 3008 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »

^that's steering the conversation OT but why hasn't he. If he's been around the block, if he know the difference between real and fake, what is he doihg with The Wig?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 06:32:22 pm »

Is it off topic? Harry is in his early thirties and not 20 anymore which does change his viewpoint of women. He has had experience with women so that also knows more what he wants. Harry also in his twenties may not have wanted to have children right away so now in his thirties he looks for someone who would like to start a family sooner rather than later. I also don't see Harry as naïve but maybe he did want to marry sooner and it did not work out for him.  I am talking about how his attitude would impact the type of woman he'd prefer.He may have a vision that would mesh with what sort of bride people would want him to have. He's articulate so an articulate woman would be good for him. He is interested in charity so the ideal woman would also like charity work. He might see how a woman he considers ideal would need to learn and maybe have some time adjusting to royal work vs. the ideal perception of a bride who is a "natural" and blends in right away. I am speaking of his own attitude per se vs. the requirements of a royal bride.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:35:20 pm by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »

Harry’s been around the block but which block?  Not one that isn’t seriously protected, priviled, insulated and entitled.  He has had zero experience in the real hard knock world which is why this happened.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
DuchessChandelier
royal watcher

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »

Age or experience doesn't change the fact that he doesn't strike me as one of the sharpest tools in the shed. He reminds me of his mother. Sensitive, emotionally volatile, bad taste in partners and not particularly bright. She ruined both sons by instilling on them the notion that life should be about "fun" and that they never have to follow any rules. She would also run to the media and Harry seems intent on doing just the same. I was hoping he'd marry someone who was not in love with cameras, had a good sense of duty and... well, technically a younger version of Anne actually.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 03:01:03 pm »

He needs to marry someone he loves, has a lot in common with, will work hard for Britain and not bring in new scandals once married, someone who can be respected for her work ethic and approach to life and who will keep their mouth shut on any issues except the banalities of being a royal.

Whether Meghan fits the bill - time will tell.
Agree. IMO courtiers in a soon future will be missing badly Diana and Fergie in 1980s, if they already arent...

i'm afraid the time already is telling...

NO GOOD NEWS to Liz and Chuck
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:03:20 pm by dianab » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 03:11:14 pm »

^^ I do have to disagree with the negative aspects that you attribute to Diana.  Diana was quite savvy and people smart.  She thought she was marrying smart when she married a prince because she knew they could never divorce.  However, she didn't realize he would have a mistress, thus placing her in an unbearable position since she wanted a real marriage.   Diana was quite responsible and carried out her duties well and took them seriously.  She was passing that on to her sons.   Taking them to amusement parks and McDonald's to stand in line was her way of teaching them about the world outside the palace walls.   The problem arise when the very public divorce happened and then Diana died.  Without her influence, William and Harry were pretty much left on their own, as Charles' priority was Camilla.  Had Diana lived, things would have been much different for her sons and their marital partners.  Kate and Meggles would never have happened.  Of course, Meggles still may not.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 01:24:54 am »

Age or experience doesn't change the fact that he doesn't strike me as one of the sharpest tools in the shed. He reminds me of his mother. Sensitive, emotionally volatile, bad taste in partners and not particularly bright. She ruined both sons by instilling on them the notion that life should be about "fun" and that they never have to follow any rules. She would also run to the media and Harry seems intent on doing just the same. I was hoping he'd marry someone who was not in love with cameras, had a good sense of duty and... well, technically a younger version of Anne actually.

I think Charles is sensitive, emotionally volatile, bad taste in partners (second wife), not particularly bright though he poses as an intellectual, and very self centered. None of the royals are Einsteins. Diana was right about a lot of things and her children had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. Diana did not 'ruin' her sons. She took them on walkabouts and encouraged them to do charity work. She had a work ethic and although Charles was too dim to appreciate her, she excelled in royal work. Without Diana's influence, her sons took the easy way out, selecting sports charities primarily and William tried to play "normal." Diana in interviews indicated she wanted them aware of their royal heritage but did not want them to be in ivory towers removed from the public. She wanted them to have an idea of how the other half lives. It did not mean she wanted them to shirk. Charles OTOH, put his mistress as his first priority, had the boys' mother posthumously trashed via his pal Penny Junor and others. I don't think the boys would want to marry someone like their Aunt. Kate had a family that William adored and spent much of his time with them. I don't think he spent much time with Mrs Parker Bowles. I think had Diana lived she would have encouraged Harry to get a degree (he may have had some learning disability) and would have encouraged William to do more significant charity work even during his University years. I think Diana gets a bad rap and unfortunately there is propaganda against her out there by Charles friends and unfortunately it is believed by some.

Diana also may have encouraged William to go to another University and perhaps spent a semester in the U.S. like some other European princes have done. The problem also was Harry was left to his own devices while Charles was off with MRs Parker Bowles. Perhaps giving him more attention as a young teen would have changed his perception of life and his choice of partner would have been different.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:26:35 am by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 01:30:42 am »

^An official Warning, Sandy.  I’ve lost count of the Mod reminders, warnings and admonitions to not bring in x, y, z or comparisons or who else did what or when and today alone you’ve broken that request several times with another Mod request to stop. 

One more and a ban will be put in place.  Length tbd.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 02:00:11 am »

To lighten the mood

What type of woman do you think Harry should marry?

Me! tehe

End thread. Happy holiday's  to all

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2017, 02:16:10 am »

^NO WAY SISTER!
I'm first!  sauer

tehe Kiss

Happy holidays everyone! flower loveshower

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 02:24:49 am »

Ok ok We can take turns

Monday Tuesday and Wednesday you can have him

Thursday Friday and Saturday my turn .sunday he can rest. flower

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2017, 03:57:01 am »

I met a lovely young woman today that would be perfect for Harry while getting my nails done.  She comes from Boston, an obviously good family, her father's a surgeon at Mass Gen, her mother a behavioral psychologist, worked her way through college and just graduated from the US Navy flight school.  Gorgeous, 27, and her goal is to work for a non profit that flies sick children to hospitals.  We do make those kind of people here, too.

She's up here in the Winter Wonderland to learn how to snowboard with her family and friends.  Thoroughly delightful and articulate.

I did encourage my sons to head for the snowboarding classes at the ski hill and offer to "assist" in any way.   Cool

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 05:40:36 am »

aww mama matchmaker at work!  tehe

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2017, 06:04:30 am »

^Can't hurt! 

But, man, if you're going to pick an American, stupid Harry, aim high not lowwwww.  This woman is not that much of a unicorn here.  But, then, smart women with well-crafted lives and impeccable breeding may not want the likes of Harry.  They can have their pick of men in a much higher tax bracket and with amazing potential.  Y'know, like my sons.    tehe

I mean, geez, this gal flew in on her own plane by her own hands.  Take that, Sparkles.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2017, 11:52:54 am »

I met a lovely young woman today that would be perfect for Harry while getting my nails done.  She comes from Boston, an obviously good family, her father's a surgeon at Mass Gen, her mother a behavioral psychologist, worked her way through college and just graduated from the US Navy flight school.  Gorgeous, 27, and her goal is to work for a non profit that flies sick children to hospitals.  We do make those kind of people here, too.

She's up here in the Winter Wonderland to learn how to snowboard with her family and friends.  Thoroughly delightful and articulate.

I did encourage my sons to head for the snowboarding classes at the ski hill and offer to "assist" in any way.   Cool
I dont see Harry himself involved with a woman like that... or a woman like that wanting him as a boyfriend or partner let alone husband ... if he wasnt a royal i dont believe he'll be involved in charity work... he probably he'll have been a polo player (talented one like philip and charles)... he's always been a party boy... one of those typical playboys who end-up with smart social climber (the perfect karmic payback to them)...IMO royal (Windsor) princes will never atttract inteligent and grounded ladies like Rania or Maxima Zorreguieta (I'm sorry if i should NOT mention them.). I'm just mentioning them because i think they're women that men with power/public status should end up with.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:57:14 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2017, 12:27:16 pm »

Harry can't really branch out from choices: the women have $$$ of their own already, come from wealthy families or come from wealthy/aristo families. It's not as if Harry could marry a woman who works for a living but does not have the megabucks that provide access to royal circles.  Or perhaps Harry could have found someone in the sports world like an Olympic champion who becomes world famous. 
snowflake
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »

I think he wanted and found someone who is interested in philanthropy. I think the only issue is her age if they want children, otherwise she checks all the boxes I envisioned for Harry.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »

^^Isn't that exactly and precisely what Harry did?  Iow, a woman who works for a living but doesn't have mega bucks or travels in royal circles? 

Smart,accomplished women from families of good pedigree can do better than Harry, is the real issue.  A celeb was and is his speed.  It's unfortunate that he was too immature to garner a true woman of quality which would be my choice, to elevate a rather scruffy bunch in the BRF already.

Oh well.  The BRF has been downgrading for some time now. 

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 11:09:02 am »

With Harry it will first be a long list of things he should not go for. The first one is: a "princess". In this article they describe the princess as someone who read tips how to act as if they are  independent so that the man doesn't suspect that she wants to be taken care of:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-joint-adventures-well-educated-couples/201208/marry-princess-or-glum-your-own-risk

The other type of woman he should avoid like the plague is the type of woman who will dominate and control him. He was raised with a trauma, with infidelity, disrespect and loneliness and with these vulnerabilities he's likely to attract a woman who like a shark will try to domineer him while playing on his week spots, very likely a narcissist

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-joint-adventures-well-educated-couples/201610/if-you-meet-shark-in-the-dating-pool-swim

Now, if we add to the equation the kind of family that Harry's future wife will enter into, she'll need to be able to handle two things - traditions and becoming a civil servant. For that this woman needs to have the respect to the traditions and the humility to be of service to others as part of their core. I'd seriously throw away any women with Narcissistic personality disorder, Histrionic Personality Disorder, attention seeking or self-serving ways. Either they won't last long in that family or the monarchy won't last long with such people in the senior positions (Louis IV, all the fallen empires in the world, the fallen regimes).

It's also wrong to think that Harry offers titles, money, fame and fortune in a marriage - none of these things belong to him. They were given to him and if he's not grateful for it, it could be taken away from him. On the contrary, he seems to be dependent on finances and titles on his family and very unclear at what he really wants to do in life - is it to be soldier, is it to be radio host, is it to do charities for children. Every few years a new charity hobby emerges and one can ask - are these vanity projects.

If a woman looks for the financial benefits in a man, please, please, let's hope that this man has a very good divorce lawyer, so that she doesn't get her sticky fingers in the cookie jar. It's not very feminist to try to take what's not yours.

One more thing, I think that it's naive of him to look for a woman with philanthropic activities. It's like - looking for a woman that looks too good to be true on paper but in reality is not and he may end up realizing that mismatch wayy later. If someone is helpful, they are helpful because they want to, not because someone will see it, or will applaud them for it, or they'll look good in someone's eyes, or will like their instagram posts. You do it, you forget about it and you don't even talk about it.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:17:24 am by Ariel » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: