Royal Gossip
September 22, 2018, 01:01:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of woman do you think Harry should marry?  (Read 3003 times)
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« on: December 16, 2017, 04:05:05 pm »

I don't know if there is any interest in this thread but I am curious to hear the opinions of those who don't think Meghan Markle is appropriate for Harry to marry. I would be happier if he were married to an attractive woman that is gracious but very down-to-earth and above all the publicity. I think she should come from more of his older Circle and I think she should be younger. Tthis should be her first marriage so they can start together very fresh. I don't think religion matters very much  but she should be Christian. And definitely I think she should be somebody we all respect regarding her work choices and non-work choices. I would love her to be someone who could take it or leave it in terms of being Royal and not such a gold gold-digging appearing person. Other than that I do think Meghan Markle has that fun personality that I think he needs I just wish she weren't so superficially gushy acting but friendly and warm. And I also would liked it o have been someone who actually lived with him for a while before they getting engaged.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:51:01 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

The only constant is change.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »

He needs to marry someone he loves, has a lot in common with, will work hard for Britain and not bring in new scandals once married, someone who can be respected for her work ethic and approach to life and who will keep their mouth shut on any issues except the banalities of being a royal.

Whether Meghan fits the bill - time will tell.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 01:20:59 am »

I like your answer thank you for posting

sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 01:56:10 am »

The accusations of "gold digger" have been used with royal brides before.  If a man likes an "older woman" it is just fine, it's not like Meghan is 30 years older and already a grandmother. She's only three years older. Harry may be bored with a younger woman. The woman would have to be keen on work and taking on a significant (not "fun") patronage. I think Meghan will do fine. Harry did not choose from a cookie cutter design of an aristo woman. And he's in his thirties now and might be bored with a younger woman still in her twenties. She will have to learn the art of small talk when on appearances, be gracious, and have a good work ethic. She needs to learn to work with courtiers and get help in speech writing or making statements.  Meghan as an actress got voice training which is a plus, she won't mumble or go er and um on appearances.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:57:54 am by sandy » Logged
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 02:24:44 am »

1 - The big question is Harry. ... because .... if not is Meghan, would be another model - actress - singer  wopedo
unfortunately he looks at monarchy as celebrities .

2-I think ... he wants to be like Obama and Michele or Brangelina (in the monarchy).
so the choice of Meghan.
 I bet they have many conversations about how to '' grow their brand worldwide '   sigh

3- What Harry still does not understand is :
people loved lady Diana shy , good heart and sweet, and not Diana's celebrity.
That Obama and Michele 'grew up together' , they build a story together.... So ... that story that many peoples admire, not the couple celebrities
..... so Harry will have to learn in the most difficult way.

4- If I were a friend and a mentor to harry, I would say:
the ideal for him - is change vision about royals vs press  because You're not new Diana, make your own story.

5- now  tehe finally  Embarrassed answering the question:  flower
the ''ideal'' woman for him - is like Queen ( Harry sometimes look like the Philip young)
emotionally stable - strong - dress with  modesty - christian - faithful -generous / charitable - calm and peaceful - good mood-

lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 03:29:11 am »

Thanks I like your answer too. It helps me to understand other people think you should have.

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:41 am »

^
^
Totally agree with point 5.
I would like to add: team player, a generous hostess, a bit of vanity is fine but no high maintenance focus on looks.
Must want children.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 12:12:39 pm »

Sorry, for some reason I read the question as: what type of woman should Meghan emulate next so that she looks like the ideal woman for Harry and for this I'm out. If the wedding is cancelled - I'll give my two cents. Maybe then it will make useful sense to discuss this topic.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »

I think it a moot point, they are engaged now and a date set. The question is what should be recommended for MEghan (best patronages for her, fashions, causes, etc.). How many joint and solo engagements and so on.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »

Sorry it sounded confusing. I meant if you don't like Meghan Markle as a choice what type of woman do you think Harry should marry. Obviously some people think she's a fine choice and has the qualities that will make him a good wife. I know others don't think so for various reasons. So I just wanted to know what kind of woman they think he should marry just out of curiosity. Obviously it's his choice and he's made it. And as I stated I would prefer her younger and not having been married. I think she is too self-centered and not stable enough but that could just be my impression it may not be true. If I see enough complaints about something I like to see how people think it could be better. Again thanks for everybody's opinion so far.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »

^Your thread is fine.  People who don't find it relevant do not need to post here.  It's that simple.  If I ever thought it was ridiculous, I'd lock it.  Thank you.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:06:10 pm »

1. Slightly younger than Harry. I don't mean a teenager or someone in her early 20's (at this point, that would almost be a generation gap), but Harry has always seemed slightly immature for his age: drinking/partying when he was well past uni age, questionable work ethic, etc. I don't see him as being bored or too mature for a 20-something, especially late 20's.
2. Good work ethic. Not someone who is supported by her parents or whatever guy she has in her life at the moment.
3. Fluent in English, conversational in at least 1-2 other languages. I feel like English-speaking countries don't value language learning as much as other countries, but it is very important when married to a public figure. Just knowing a few phrases in their language can be enough to put a smile on someone's face, being able to have a conversation would be that much better.
4. Cares about charity work, not just the "fun" patronages where they get to watch sports.
5. Not an actress. model or singer. I feel like those fields are too publicity-seeking (necessary to advance one's career) and too appearance-focused (vanity).
6. Not married before*.
7. Christian, or willing to convert and learn the faith.
I don't care about nationality or race, as I don't view anyone as "better" or "worse" based on the color of their skin or where they come from.

*I understand that a lot of people who get married should never have gotten married, often due to sliding into marriage as the 'next step' after cohabiting, and of course living together makes it that much harder to end a relationship (you own furniture and appliances together, you've signed a lease together, possibly even bought a home or had a baby together), and that much easier to overlook red flags (due to oxytocin).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 12:08:23 am »

Based on experience: Harry seemed to get bored with younger women, he and Chelsy were more or less the same age--but as they got older they drifted apart.

I think any bride should have life experiences and work independently of waiting for the ring.

I do think a bride would have to tow the line. If Harry thinks fun patronages are what he should be doing, the woman can't try to "force him" to change his mind but merely suggest.

I think a previous marriage has been accepted by the royals. There was never a case of multiple marriages (like 3 or many more). ANd I think it would be difficult to justify letting someone with many marriages in.

It is not necessary to be an aristo.

Excellent public speaking skills.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 01:06:07 am »

^ I like your suggestion about excellent public speaking skills. That is an important skill to have in general, but even more so for someone marrying into the royal family.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 01:08:28 pm »

I would suggest a woman for whom he doesn't need to go against his family, against his traditions and against the common sense of his people.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »

I'm glad I started this thread because now I've change my opinion on the fact that Harry needs to marry a non divorce woman. I guess one previous marriage is probably not that bad. Everybody's entitled to a mistake. It's just that in my time members of the royal family always married a non divorced person the first time. So I wanted that for Harry as well as I want that for my son who's his age. And thank God he is dating a suitable non divorced one. But it's time for me to let go of my prejudice regarding Harry so thank you all for helping me on this. Aristocratic is not necessary but someone from his background is what I would like to see.  Chelsey was not a British aristocrat. I don't know he dated one except Cressy. His circle was not just aristocrats I assume. But those women would understand the duties and commitment.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 03:07:08 pm »

Cressida's mother is the aristo, her father a commoner. She had no aristo titles.

Chelsy came from a wealthy family like Kate did.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 07:23:55 pm »

^^ I'd say it's normal for all of us to wish for someone (in our lives) with as little baggage as possible, and you couldn't possibly have worse bagagge than previous marriages and children..  sigh (well and health issues and debt...)

Some people in my circle say that the 2nd wife and 1st child always get treated best by a man, but I wouldn't know! Might be a cultural thing, no idea, I always laugh at that but don't take it at face value.  easter-egg-basket
DuchessChandelier
royal watcher

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »

A type of woman who is not a narcissist would be good. But I doubt that will happen. He's just the type to be lured in by a spider waiting for a victim.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 03:19:29 pm »

I don't see Harry as a victim. He's been around the block too many times IMO. He's not 18 anymore. I think Harry would be bored with someone younger, he would like someone to work as a team with doing charity work and so on. And be enthusiastic about charity work and making a difference.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: