Royal Gossip
August 14, 2018, 10:33:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana Will Be In 'The Crown' series  (Read 544 times)
dianab
Countess

« on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »

When Will Princess Diana Be In 'The Crown'? The Beloved Royal Will Definitely Make An Appearance

By Kathleen Walsh

The British Royal Family has always been an object of fascination to people all over the world — just look at the excitement around Prince Harry's recent engagement. But I'd argue that no royal has been more adored in recent memory than Princess Diana. So naturally people really want to know: when will Princess Diana be in The Crown? After all, she has to show up at some point, right? And, of course, that begs the question of who will be the lucky actress chosen to play the beautiful but doomed princess.

The Crown depicts the life of Queen Elizabeth II, starting with her father the king's death and her subsequent coronation. The show follows the sometimes extraordinary and sometimes mundane life of the royal, planning to continue throughout the span of her reign up to the present day. As the second season finishes up, the third season will presumably reach the 1970s, when little Prince Charles has grown up and met Princess Diana. Series creator and writer Peter Morgan has already revealed that the famous "people's princess" will appear in the later half of the third season in an interview with People magazine. This is definitely earlier than some people were expecting from the show, but it is not an unwelcome surprise.

The Crown plans to continue for a total of six seasons, changing its cast to reflect the royal family as they age. Seasons 1 and 2 starred Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II and Matt Smith as her husband, Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh. In the third season, Foy will be replaced by Olivia Colman, who you might recognize from Broadchurch and The Night Manager. On The Tonight Show, Foy said that Colman is "great," and promising, "You'll forget all about me and the rest of the cast." As for Smith's replacement, he told Seth Meyers on Late Night that he thinks he knows who the lucky actor is, but he's not allowed to say.

It's equally a mystery who will play Princess Diana, who married Prince Charles in a lavish royal wedding back in 1981. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of the royal family knows that the marriage was hardly a happy one. Some stories allege that both parties regretted the marriage from the day of the wedding itself. The pair eventually divorced and Charles married Camilla Parker-Bowles, with whom he'd had a love affair before Diana was even a part of the picture. And everyone knows of Diana's tragic death in a car accident in Paris in 1997.

However since Season 3 will likely cover the '70s and the princess is introduced so late, it's doubtful that the story of the troubled marriage will unfold until Season 4 and 5. Since it has also been announced that Parker-Bowles will appear in the third season, I'd venture to imagine that the season will only show the courtship and drama that started the relationshi
https://www.romper.com/p/when-will-princess-diana-be-in-the-crown-the-beloved-royal-will-definitely-make-appearance-7507501

Hopefully the show will feature scenes of Charles and Camilla sleeping at BP at his wedding' eve.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:44:16 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

And fake Camilla trying to "befriend" Lady Diana.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:16:47 pm »

the crown is more about the queen (& philip) than stories of whole family, right? not sure if camilla 'befriending' 19-years-old lady diana will make the cut... maybe the queen story will be sidelined to show the diana-charles-camilla mess? but i can see dimbleby and panorama interviews being part of it
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:24:38 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:21:23 am »

A key part of the story was Camilla questioning Diana about whether or not she hunted. This could well be part of what is shown.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:42 am »

^^The Crown did concentrate on the Princess Margaret/Peter Townsend romance for a while, and how it ended. They're about to cast a new Elizabeth and Philip as they move through the 1960s, as Claire Foy and Matt Smith are too young. I can't remember who wil replace Claire but Philip has yet to be announced. I think that when they get to the 1980s and Charles needing to marry they'll probably show a lot of the Diana saga. It would mean big ratings. I don't know who will play Diana though. Hopefully someone who at least looks like her!
dianab
Countess

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:52:59 am »

Years ago (BEFORE charles and camilla getting married), there was a telefilm about Charles, Camilla and Diana saga....and the actress was very alike Diana (including THE HAIR)... the face of actress was really similar to Diana's

A key part of the story was Camilla questioning Diana about whether or not she hunted. This could well be part of what is shown.
i believe that this meeting will be part of the show or at least have good chances.. BTW I expect they dont forget this meeting happened in a restaurant named 'Menage À Trois'
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:01:16 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:54 am »

That was Serena Scott Thomas, sister of Kristen, who played Diana back in the movie which came out before Diana passed away. It had most of the episodes described in the Morton book.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 10:32:32 am »

Olivia Colman will replace Claire Foy.
Agreed they'll focus quite a bit on C&D&C, like they did on Margaret & T. The biggest focus are Liz & Phil, but "side stories" like Liz the queen mum dealing with her husband's death, Margaret's "indiscretions", and even Churchill and his time in office take just as much screen time, focus and interest, so I believe we'll see a lot of C&D&C (after all these things also affected Liz & Phil).

I don't think they'll be too shy to show what they think is right or will make for better tv, I've just started watching the 3rd ep of the 2nd season and they sure are not shy to show Phil as philanderer and the effect on their marriage.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 10:34:36 am »

^^isnt this telefilm i'm talking about...  this one showed c&c as lovestory and diana as a lamb to slaughter... at wedding eve it showed charles didnt understand people making fuss over the wedding and he talking to anne as she wasnt happy in her marriage
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:41:35 am by dianab » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:41 pm »

^ Nicky maybe?
https://bashny.net/uploads/images/00/00/13/2014/03/20/29872204e7.jpg
dianab
Countess

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »

^Charles & Camilla: Whatever Love Means (2005)
https://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/articles/15-films-to-watch-if-you-loved-the-crown/
https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/1765815j8pewl_al5lvjaz0ef78zj1ep9vzmtno7d6guttjrw7onmxmiooi6kztyzm9gpgnkvbcfyyez3h8jcyq0da-1.jpg
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article554679.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/000D35F7-1D6A-130C-9CF30C01AC1BF814.jpg
http://a2.tvspielfilm.de/imedia/5810/1765810,NHkqqvMtqstawGR9XAdcA4EGDgOqPfrmy0FIZiXIjQB7irBsu61Qzdsh2ktT1jUfsbjg7uaGx+3xHqkPavJQhQ==.jpg
the real one:https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/130/590x/Princess-Diana-and-Prince-Charles-engagement-interview-838701.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wg_fib2gQaU/hqdefault.jpg
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:31:03 pm by dianab » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 03:23:48 pm »

I remember watching 'Whatever Love Means'. It brought into real focus some of Charles's weaknesses and motivations for the marriage, even if it was fiction and Charles and Cam didnt really resemble their real life counterparts! It was quite a pleasant evening's viewing for me as I've never really liked Camilla.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 04:22:26 pm »

If anyone's interested, one to look out for is next year's Feud: Charles and Diana, I enjoyed last season's Bette and Joan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feud_(TV_series)
I guess it'll premiere some time in March, like the 1st season about Bette and Joan did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: