Royal Gossip
January 16, 2018, 07:46:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas 2017  (Read 4440 times)
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 12:58:00 am »

tesco puddings huh? HM is the soul of generosity  bored3
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 05:28:19 am »

This was news around 2000 when she changed for F&M's to Tescos to save money but the DM likes to trot it out every so often as news. I love how the DM recycles news for 10, 20, 30, 40 and even 50 years ago and claims it is 'news' when it was originally reported back when it happened to begin with.
SouthernBelle
royal watcher

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 01:47:29 am »

A Christmas pudding from the grocery store?  How tacky.  What’s that worth — about $10? 
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 08:02:52 am »

The 907g pudding is 8 pounds which considering there are 1500 of them equals 12,000 pounds.

The same size pudding at F&M is 39.95 pounds which for 1500 equals 59,925 pounds

There does seem to be quite a saving there. The Queen changed from one to the other when she had to reduce expenses in the late 90s.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 11:56:28 am »

Disgustingly stingy. Tesco is a basic UK supermarket. At the very least she could buy them a Waitrose Christmas pudding. They stock a Duchy originals version!!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »

^ Cut out Waitrose as middleman and get it straight from the duchy, would cut costs even further and might be cheaper than Tesco's then.
Just not sure whether that would be "okay", as they'd basically promote their own business, but imo it shouldn't be a problem.

To be fair, in tests by professional gourmets (not sure what to call them!) and in labs the "high priced" stuff regularly fails compared to the "cheap" stuff. Not always, mind, as at times you do get what you pay for, but often enough to not be an awful snob.
Eg Aldi's choc with hazelnuts turned out to be of higher quality than Milka (kind of Germany's Cadbury's - same devil behind them Mondelez - formerly Kraft Foods) and even Lindt! More nuts, less cheap fat as filler and fewer to none of the questionable additives...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »

Why does HM resent paying a decent wage; that is the point of the large subsidies, right?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 10:30:23 pm »

HM pays the wage that is standard when the extras such as accommodation, food, clothes and utilities are factored in. If she paid double what she does pay many of these people would be worse off as the cost of living in London is very high so they would have to live a long way out and have to travel to work etc.

I have said it before but I will try again - I have friends who worked themselves, and now their grandchildren are working at BP (the children did as well). Because they didn't have to spend money on day to day expenses such as rent, utilities, food, transport they were able to save quite a lot during their time working there so that when they had to move out - when she was pregnant - they were able to pay cash for their London home and their children and now grandchildren all own accommodation in London that they rent out giving them even more income - all because they work for the Queen at BP and don't waste their money as many people do.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 12:34:59 am »

Yup with the wage you get from bp about the only thing you have to pay for are sigarettes i think tehe

Rent, three meals a day, clothing, electric bill, water, gas, health insurance, transport, cable and even phone and internet are al covered by BP.
You do the math: after you substract all those costs of your wage, how much have you got left?
I bet it a lot less then bp staff. eating cookies

I think about the only thing that is not covered is sigarettes/pub visit/cinema/books/day at the spa.
The type of things that are not eccentiel to the job. Thats what they get the wages for, its like pocket money for grown ups! easter-lol

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »

Meghan meets the in-laws! Prince Harry’s bride-to-be joins extended royal family gathering at Buckingham Palace for the Queen’s traditional Christmas lunch

The royal family are arriving at Buckingham Palace for the Queen's annual Christmas lunch
    The annual celebration is a royal tradition and allows the monarch to catch up with more distant relations
    Meghan Markle was seen arriving with Prince Harry with today being the first time she will meet many of the husband-to-be's more distant relatives

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5198241/Royals-gather-Buckingham-Palace-Christmas-lunch.html
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 02:28:29 pm »

I am tickled by the fact that the Self-Proclaimed Queen's Favorite a/k/a Sophie Rhys-Jones Wessex, is not mentioned.   She must be irate.

So, she wore a blue dress to Remembrance Day to stand out right before the engagement announcement. What will she do on the walk to church on Christmas Day, hmmmm?  Plunging neckline and pushup bra?  Oh, how fun it will be!!    flower
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 02:32:39 pm »

A "transparent", see-thru blouse?  Who advised this to attend the Queen's event?  And short sleeves?  I'm no prude but it seems more evening wear regardless if whether it's lined and not very in tune with the point of the event.  Oh, whatever.  I just want a dime for every time she shoves her hair behind her ears all day long.

Boy, has she got a lot to learn.  

Don't forget a crushed bouillon cube in your shoe!  Old actor trick to get dogs to come and "love" you.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 02:41:25 pm »

^ easter-lol  thumbsup

Sorry, but I thought the outfit looks a bit trashy for the occasion. The see-through bit is too much, and yeah, short sleeves in December in England.. *rolls eyes* Seems like she's after all as dumb as Waity in the dressing department.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/20/13/477A8F5600000578-5198241-image-a-81_1513775841978.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/20/13/477A951500000578-5198241-image-a-118_1513777793141.jpg

I wonder if these earrings are paste or real

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/20/13/477A8C7900000578-5198241-Meghan_opted_for_a_glamorous_beauty_look_today_showcasing_a_smok-a-99_1513776727395.jpg

The dm is so stupid
"Lord Frederick Windsor drove his wife and daughter to the palace from their home in London on Wednesday "
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/20/13/477A959500000578-5198241-image-m-122_1513777877349.jpg
That's not Sophie Winkleman, she's likely still in hospital after the horror car crash she was in recently. smh.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 02:49:15 pm »

this the dress in full
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRfdLADWkAAThyH.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 03:45:39 pm »

^This, too.  I see bare leg in the car so maybe she opted for the ever-elegant-not slit skirt look.

http://www.self-portrait-studio.com/collection/tops/peony-short-sleeve-top

Short sleeves in December is just so, "Oh, no!  I'm still, omg, so California!  This weather here is just so strange to me!"   bored3

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 04:13:56 pm »

Surely the blouse isn't see through?  Isn't that nude material lining it?   

She looks mighty self satisfied . . . loving all the cameras pointed her way.    bleh!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 04:37:03 pm »

^Yes, it's lined.  Her face will be, too, very shortly.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 05:17:54 pm »

tehe   Now, Yooper, from the looks of our Meggles as she rides triumphantly through the gates of Buckingham Palace, she disappeared from sight after the engagement appearance in order to spend some quality time at a top-notch London spa being waxed and peeled, and botoxed -- among other touch up work -- to the nth degree!!

No, no!  Meggles will never let a line near her face, as long as Harry's checkbook has anything to say about it!!    easter-James
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 05:23:55 pm »

^40 hits hard when you've had work done.  Natural beauties not so much.  That's more adjustable.  She'll look like a ripped boot when unretouched in no time.  Another reason for the career move. 

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »

Caked on make up, an inappropriate dress, and they were only there for an hour? I wonder what happened.  laundry

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: