Royal Gossip
January 20, 2019, 03:29:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 25903 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2019, 03:25:59 pm »

I thought the Norway story was fake. I read he was not going there.

And Meghan was not put on lockdown.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2019, 03:29:39 pm »

The Pacific tour was a great success, and acknowledged as such in Australia and NZ, and the cookbook sold well. The Sussexes showed huge amounts of affection towards each other. There was open PDA.

Harry's not in Norway now. His visit to the marines hasn't been announced yet. KP said it would be 'in due course'.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:32:02 pm by Rosella » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:43 pm »

The REAL cost of being royal! How Meghan spent £431k on new clothing in the year she became a duchess - compared to Kate's £55k in 2011

Royal fashion experts at UFO No More calculated cost of becoming a royal
    They compared new items worn by Kate and Meghan in year they married
    Also calculated cost of new pieces worn by Sweden's Duchess of Värmland
    According to the study, the three women wore new pieces worth £535,291.91

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6581527/Cost-Kate-Middleton-Meghans-royal-wardrobes-revealed.html
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:19 pm »

Kate was a part-time Royal in 2011 when she married. She carried out 34 engagements in that year after her April wedding. Meghan completed 102 engagements in 2018 according to TRF poster who records every engagement by every Royal. That is not counting the 24 engagements with Prince Harry before her May wedding.

Princess Sofia is funded very differently to Charles's daughters in law. Her husband Prince Carl Philip gets a fixed sum for expenses from the King (as well as a small private income. It's believed Prince Bertil left him some money) and Sofia's wardrobe comes from that.

We don't know how Meghan's clothing was funded in 2018. Some shoes, coats and boots on early engagements were in her wardrobe before she married and I believe that some outfits have been loans. Others were probably paid for by Charles.
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2019, 04:03:24 am »

Mm sugars have been in attack mode over this article. Why do they let the press get to them so easily?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2019, 04:21:08 am »

Kate was a part-time Royal in 2011 when she married. She carried out 34 engagements in that year after her April wedding. Meghan completed 102 engagements in 2018 according to TRF poster who records every engagement by every Royal. That is not counting the 24 engagements with Prince Harry before her May wedding.

Princess Sofia is funded very differently to Charles's daughters in law. Her husband Prince Carl Philip gets a fixed sum for expenses from the King (as well as a small private income. It's believed Prince Bertil left him some money) and Sofia's wardrobe comes from that.
We don't know how Meghan's clothing was funded in 2018. Some shoes, coats and boots on early engagements were in her wardrobe before she married and I believe that some outfits have been loans. Others were probably paid for by Charles.

I'm sure it was Duchy money via the taxpayers (as always) and I am certain that if Meg continues to work more, she will get more out of Charles. She's done a total of 126 engagements in 2018 and frankly I believe that this is the reason so much is being spent on her. It's not for leisure wear, but it's for her appearances. It's not work in any conventional context, but it is something that she has to do and she clearly understands the reality of her situation and the expectations.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2019, 11:56:12 am »

I’m not going to deny that she has a culturally built in work ethic but working for work’s sake is not what she’s in it for.  Ambition is.  Ambition to be promoted, recognized and to rise higher in her “profession”.  When she realizes that she is going nowhere but where she is, forever, it will cause problems.  Her one job is to support others, another country, a monarch and anyone above her.  That is not Sparkles natural bent at all.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2019, 12:01:42 pm »

Royal consorts can select really interesting important charities. Meghan would not be "unimportant" if she really made a difference in the charity work she chooses. She can support the monarchy by working on charities and patronages. The ideal thing would be for her to direct the ambitions in this direction. I would not think she is going nowhere. She needs to see the glass half filled not empty.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2019, 01:11:06 pm »

^You misunderstood.  By going “nowhere”, in her mind, means she can never get a higher rank or be promoted.  That is the world from which she comes.  If you work hard, you rise in the structure.  That cannot nor will not ever happen to her here and it’s not going to be easy for her to accept.  It’s a whole different culture mindset and where the pleasure resides.  Everything this woman has done has been for self promotion not for the cause or greater good. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2019, 01:22:53 pm »

She should know she can't get promoted to anything except maybe as a patron, taking on some of the work of a senior royal (perhaps Charles would give her some patronages that he has). As I said, she could not be there without Harry's full cooperation and participation.  So much is written about the royals now the hierarchy is well known. This is what she signed up for and cannot 'reinvent' the rule books.
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2019, 01:39:44 pm »

I wouldn't surprise me that one of the problems she has with her new in laws is their rank. But she signed up for this
sandy
Princess

« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2019, 02:41:52 pm »

I doubt they curtsy or bow to each other behind closed doors. Meghan does not have to curtsy to Kate when she's not with William.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2019, 05:13:31 pm »

^You misunderstood.  By going “nowhere”, in her mind, means she can never get a higher rank or be promoted.  That is the world from which she comes.  If you work hard, you rise in the structure.  That cannot nor will not ever happen to her here and it’s not going to be easy for her to accept.  It’s a whole different culture mindset and where the pleasure resides.  Everything this woman has done has been for self promotion not for the cause or greater good. 

Great point and frankly I think it's clear that all of her supporters have deluded themselves into thinking the same.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2019, 05:14:43 pm »

I’m not going to deny that she has a culturally built in work ethic but working for work’s sake is not what she’s in it for.  Ambition is.  Ambition to be promoted, recognized and to rise higher in her “profession”.  When she realizes that she is going nowhere but where she is, forever, it will cause problems.  Her one job is to support others, another country, a monarch and anyone above her.  That is not Sparkles natural bent at all.

Indeed, Yooper.  It's all about her because of her narcissistic nature.  She has been given much attention, and now it is time to stop.  That "Fab Four" Christmas walk was simply PR damage control by the RF because of Megs' PR campaign and they don't want to be accused of short changing her when she leaves the BRF -- which she is -- and of course the racism card.   Harry and his wife should not have been walking with Charles and William and his wife -- Harry and his wife should have been behind them walking with the rest of the Queen's grandchildren -- the Yorks, Zara.  

This is what Megs doesn't get.  She thinks her rank is equal to Kate's and Camilla's and it is not.  Never will be.  She will never accept that.  
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #434 on: January 12, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »

She never broke any glass ceilings during her time in Hollywood and she never at any point was someone who was so special that she could ever break any barriers. She is now PART of the glass ceiling, she's embraced it, and it is obvious that she revels in her new status, but soon she'll get tired of being a royal duchess, she will want more, and she will have problems when she realizes that she will not be getting it. She will always be a royal duchess, nothing more and she will spend the rest of her life always watching other women move up and become more than she will ever be from here on out.

I don't think Meg was ever going to become a great actress, but at least unmarried, she still had chances to become so much more with her stuff for the UN and she might have continued to have a mediocre career if she had chosen (not likely, but still) to hone her craft and actually TRY to make something happen.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #435 on: January 12, 2019, 09:07:35 pm »

Every individual is equal. They may have titles and medals but I doubt behind closed doors they bow and curtsy every time they see each other  Why wouldn't Meghan "get" that she's married to a second son? She still is married to a son of the heir to the throne. It's not as if she married someone 25th in line. The Fab Four photo op was a traditional photograph of Royal Christmases, the entire family did that walk not just the four of them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »

No one is equal in that world; no one is the same. William is higher up, Charles is even higher up, and HM is the highest up. That is the world she is married into and I'm sure Kate prefers that Meg show deference.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #437 on: January 13, 2019, 03:19:27 am »

Was Meghan NFI to Kate's very intimate birthday bash? Duchess of Sussex 'didn't get an invite' amid continuing rift as rival Wife of Windsor marks turning 37 with a handful of close confidantes at her and William's vast Norfolk mansion

It should have been an occasion for friends – and family – to celebrate. But, in another example of what appears to be the increasingly frosty relationship between the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex, I can reveal that Prince Harry and Meghan were absent from Kate’s intimate birthday party last weekend.

Kate celebrated her 37th birthday with a Sunday lunch with William and close friends at Anmer Hall, their Norfolk country home near Sandringham.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6585567/TALK-TOWN-Meghan-NFI-Kates-intimate-birthday-bash.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2019, 03:36:16 am »

If Kate keeps treating Meg badly, it reflects badly on her, no one else. I'm sure that is a pointless snub and Meg is Harry's wife and her new relation.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #439 on: January 13, 2019, 09:44:55 am »

if I were Kate I would not allow Megs to be in my home or around me or my kids at all as Megs is gathering material for her tell-all book when she leaves.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: