Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 09:53:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 30519 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2019, 06:32:16 pm »

Give it time. I view Kate as the antithesis of Diana's trajectory throughout life and throughout the BRF. For now she's getting kudos, but in time, it'll fade. Meg is the same punching bag that Fergie was and while Kate herself is in clover with the public, that will end. Diana got some bad press and courted the press and got it back. Kate is in clover and getting good press, but she is shunning it in favor of mooching and will start getting negative reviews once the dust settles. Chances are she will in fact be in the doghouse once another issue comes up and she'll struggle to get a new chance.  Kate is not a seasoned worker and it should be clear at this point in time that she does not care about anyone other than herself and her family and maybe sometimes her husband.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #401 on: January 01, 2019, 06:43:38 pm »

[in response to Sandy]

Added to that is the lack of interest in the birth of Louis has meant that "having babies" is no longer enough to get Kate blanket news.  I don't think it's any coincidence that the "Meghan bad" stories cranked up to a whole different level once it was announced that she was pregnant.  

Yet instead of Kate getting off her lazy behind and doing more public appearances, we get these snidey articles in the press about Meghan.  If she was really clever Kate could obliterate Meghan off the scene by championing her "charities" and carrying out more engagements.  What Kate will really need to be mindful of is Harry and Meghan allowing Charles to dote over their child.  If the rumours are true (the royal children spend more time with the Middletons than the Windsors) then these current stories about a rift between the two women will pale into insignificance when pictures are circulated of a doting Charles with his grandchild.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:47:02 pm by Wish » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2019, 06:48:26 pm »

I never bough the idea that Charles didnt let Kate buy expensive clothing but that it was a strategy to sell the idea that she is not very spendthrift. And it did work.

Meghan may enjoying the expensive clothing now but if the economy goes bad.... also it is a good argument  to criticise her. She is not even wearing UK brands. I thought she would wear a mix of cheap UK brands to get good PR. But instead she is making Kate look good. I dont see how this helps Meghan a normal person is not going to think Charles must really like her she is a good princess they are going to think that she is the new marie antoinette.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2019, 06:59:52 pm »

^^^
Maybe it's just me but, I honestly don't have a problem with how much the royals spend on clothes; afterall they are representing the country.  Where I get annoyed is when they spend all that money and yet still look like they've just picked something off the floor and put it on.  I've yet to see Kate look good in anything and Meghan should get the courtiers to take up the hems of her trousers.  Grrrrrr

I do prefer Meghan's choice in clothing to Kate's but, both women have a long way to go before they come anywhere Queen Letiza for class and elegance (and knowing what suits her).  As you say it would be good if both women wore more British designers but, in fairness to Meghan she is an American so maybe we should allow her some leeway if she prefers to wear US labels. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2019, 07:01:08 pm »

The lack of press interest in the birth of her third son should scare the wits out of Kate, mainly since press coverage is all she has left at this point in time. I'm dead sure she didn't anticipate the lack of interest, but after all the lawsuits, the abuse towards the press, the lack of cooperation, and the nonstop threats have clearly produced the result that the press will just avoid covering her all that much, if only to avoid being abused on a regular basis. Kate is unwilling to face the fact that she has to earn her keep and second, after all those lawsuits, I am dead sure the press will first start cutting her out and then start lashing out once the mood is receptive to her being bashed. Kate has nothing left but positive press coverage and as you said, the press didn't bother to cover the royal birth this one third time around.
I think Kate never faced the facts of life, in where she is. The fact is, she is in a VERY dangerous position just by virtue of the press becoming diffident about her and only covering her as a matter of duty, not enthusiasm. Second, once she loses the goodwill of the press for good, the palace will turn on her in more overt ways. As it is, Charles is clearly not at all funding her obstinacy, he is not funding her 'independent court of Middleton' and it is obvious that he only tolerates her at this point in time. It should be clear that she is very much on the brink of being in a very bad situation and once the press turns, it'll be all over for her.

Meg on the other hand, understands all too well what is expected of her and she does fulfill it; she has done a steady round of appearances and despite her atrociously provocative choice in outfits, it is clear that she understands that work equal perks and leverage and respect. She plays ball with Charles and the royal court and it is clear she knows her place (despite attempts to allegedly change how the royal household works) and it is clear that she is aware of needing the press to like her in order to make her life easier. She is going along to get along and there's nothing wrong with that. There is a contrast and despite Kate's posher veneer, Meg is the one who understands and accepts the role and the rules and the expectations. If she and Harry make Charles sweet by not using the kids as some kind of weapon, I am certain that Meg will get more preferential treatment. I think in fact Meg is getting better treatment because she is playing ball and contributing, plus flattering Charles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2019, 07:15:29 pm »

Meg is smart Sag Face Kate is not.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2019, 07:21:38 pm »

I am spanish and most of my friends (that have a passing interest on the topic) say Kate is the pinnacle of class. One even got inspired on her for the wedding dress (can you imagine my face? though she looked lovely of course). Meghan hasnt have that hype? Both appear in the press here and the birth of the third son was maybe a bit less publicised than George because he is not the heir.

I believe part of their minimum role is showcasing UK fashion. Their phots can make a new designer survive. If their clothes are paid by the Uk taxpayer this attention should go to uk designer or even commonwealth countries. If she likes other designer she could use it in her private life.

This behaviour is only oppening her to future attacks. This is not having game at all.

And Letizia here is not thought to be so well dressed maybe because we remember when she only wore miniskirts... though she is looking better since she is queen. But she has also been criticised for spending too much and having too many clothes she hasnt repeated ever. Without taking into account the articles about her plastic suegeries  tehe

So agree to disagree  Hi

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2019, 07:49:22 pm »

Meg is smart Sag Face Kate is not.
Meghan spending is very much un-smart...
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2019, 08:21:13 pm »

And she looks so bad!   Unhygenic, ill-fitting clothing, unbrushed wigs . . . if she has so much money at her disposal, she should use it on a ladies' maid who will make her presentable, at least.  Maybe Sophie will loan out her cook to her!    easter-James
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2019, 08:43:07 pm »

Sparkles always looks sloppy.  You’re right, Miss Hathaway — she needs a top-notch ladies maid! 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #410 on: January 01, 2019, 10:03:40 pm »

The lack of press interest in the birth of her third son should scare the wits out of Kate, mainly since press coverage is all she has left at this point in time. I'm dead sure she didn't anticipate the lack of interest, but after all the lawsuits, the abuse towards the press, the lack of cooperation, and the nonstop threats have clearly produced the result that the press will just avoid covering her all that much, if only to avoid being abused on a regular basis. Kate is unwilling to face the fact that she has to earn her keep and second, after all those lawsuits, I am dead sure the press will first start cutting her out and then start lashing out once the mood is receptive to her being bashed. Kate has nothing left but positive press coverage and as you said, the press didn't bother to cover the royal birth this one third time around.
I think Kate never faced the facts of life, in where she is. The fact is, she is in a VERY dangerous position just by virtue of the press becoming diffident about her and only covering her as a matter of duty, not enthusiasm. Second, once she loses the goodwill of the press for good, the palace will turn on her in more overt ways. As it is, Charles is clearly not at all funding her obstinacy, he is not funding her 'independent court of Middleton' and it is obvious that he only tolerates her at this point in time. It should be clear that she is very much on the brink of being in a very bad situation and once the press turns, it'll be all over for her.

Meg on the other hand, understands all too well what is expected of her and she does fulfill it; she has done a steady round of appearances and despite her atrociously provocative choice in outfits, it is clear that she understands that work equal perks and leverage and respect. She plays ball with Charles and the royal court and it is clear she knows her place (despite attempts to allegedly change how the royal household works) and it is clear that she is aware of needing the press to like her in order to make her life easier. She is going along to get along and there's nothing wrong with that. There is a contrast and despite Kate's posher veneer, Meg is the one who understands and accepts the role and the rules and the expectations. If she and Harry make Charles sweet by not using the kids as some kind of weapon, I am certain that Meg will get more preferential treatment. I think in fact Meg is getting better treatment because she is playing ball and contributing, plus flattering Charles.

I think Kate really was expecting this huge praise for producing a third child since most of the others stop at two.  And it didn't happen. The Christening was more downplayed and there was no huge excitement about the birth and the name was sort of dull for the child. Kate may have wanted to emulate the Queen with producing more children but the 'excitement' was not there over the pregnancy and birth.

I also think Charles put his foot down and therefore, she and William and the children had to play "happy families" with him for his 70th birthday, with photographs and all that.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2019, 06:53:46 pm »

Duchess Kate felt ‘like Meghan had used her to climb the royal ladder’
https://www.celebitchy.com/604812/duchess_kate_felt_like_meghan_had_used_her_to_climb_the_royal_ladder/

If Kate is in fact feeling this, Kate is dumb as a box of rocks. She is no victim and she was not used by Meg; as much as I dislike Meg, Meg did have her own life and own career and was not someone who just idled around doing nothing but waiting for a phone call.

One of the reasons why – I believe – the Duchess of Cambridge was so unsettled by Meghan Markle’s entrance into the royal fold was because it happened so fast. Prince Harry fell head over heels for Meghan very quickly, and their engagement happened a lot sooner into their relationship than most royal relationships. After they were engaged, Meghan was fast-tracked into royal life in an unprecedented way. Kate was likely disturbed by it because Kate felt like she had put in the hard, keen work over the course of a decade to get the ring, and Kate was coddled and slow-walked into royal life over the course of years. Well, Us Weekly claims that Kate and Meghan hashed out some of their feelings over Christmas. I’m sure.

Kate didn't put in  dues because she was not asked to; Kate was never at any point considered a contender for the role of consort and she was never at any point seen as good enough for William. Not even by William since if he had, he would NEVER have used her sexually while keeping her on a string and subjecting her to insults and also breaking up with her multiple times. She wore him down, but she didn't at any real point do anything that could be considered a 'due' that would entitle her to having a ring. FEW people are entitled to a marriage proposal. Doing what she likely did on her back and on her knees is not what I would call hard graft and it is an insult to people who put in honest work and struggle and earn their way through to just end up having to deal with the additional struggles that come along in life.

Kate doesn't know what a decent, honest day's work is and what she did, is not work unless she were a courtesan.

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2019, 09:04:21 pm »

ITA  hello
I honestly think that whilist Meg may be married with Harry just  because of his title and wealth ( like kate is) yet meg earned this chance by working hard. Yes, I' m pretty sure she worked quite hard to get where she currently is and although she is a conniver she must have been quite smart, she' s not a bland useless person like Kate is.
Kate too connived with her mum to get the prince, but she actually did barely something to make things happen. Meghan has made things happen with her own hands
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2019, 09:08:41 pm »

Will & Kate seemed perfectly happy for Harry to marry the “tawdry, b-list actress with the embarrassing trashy family”, but ever since the cook book and Pacific tour were successful the Cambridges have realized that they are being bested by a former actress who refuses to engage with petty jerks. Imagine the tea Harry could spill about them too, yet he hasn’t.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

source:
https://www.celebitchy.com/604812/duchess_kate_felt_like_meghan_had_used_her_to_climb_the_royal_ladder/

Sorry for double posting  sorry
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2019, 09:09:19 pm »

^ please dont double post

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2019, 09:24:35 pm »

ITA  hello
I honestly think that whilist Meg may be married with Harry just  because of his title and wealth ( like kate is) yet meg earned this chance by working hard. Yes, I' m pretty sure she worked quite hard to get where she currently is and although she is a conniver she must have been quite smart, she' s not a bland useless person like Kate is.Kate too connived with her mum to get the prince, but she actually did barely something to make things happen. Meghan has made things happen with her own hands

Exactly; Meg worked on her career and life and admittedly earned her own money; she had her own home and had her own set and had her own things in her name. Harry however had a title, wealth, and diplomatic status and has security that she had to work for. I don't blame her, tons of women have done it for centuries; I just dislike how she puts up a front like she made some unreal sacrifice; no one made her give up her blog or give up anything at the UN.

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2019, 09:53:58 pm »

^Agree. She' s an adult, she made a choice, she knew she would have to quit her job
sandy
Princess

« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2019, 11:04:46 pm »

Duchess Kate felt ‘like Meghan had used her to climb the royal ladder’

If Kate is in fact feeling this, Kate is dumb as a box of rocks. She is no victim and she was not used by Meg; as much as I dislike Meg, Meg did have her own life and own career and was not someone who just idled around doing nothing but waiting for a phone call.

One of the reasons why – I believe – the Duchess of Cambridge was so unsettled by Meghan Markle’s entrance into the royal fold was because it happened so fast. Prince Harry fell head over heels for Meghan very quickly, and their engagement happened a lot sooner into their relationship than most royal relationships. After they were engaged, Meghan was fast-tracked into royal life in an unprecedented way. Kate was likely disturbed by it because Kate felt like she had put in the hard, keen work over the course of a decade to get the ring, and Kate was coddled and slow-walked into royal life over the course of years. Well, Us Weekly claims that Kate and Meghan hashed out some of their feelings over Christmas. I’m sure.

Kate didn't put in  dues because she was not asked to; Kate was never at any point considered a contender for the role of consort and she was never at any point seen as good enough for William. Not even by William since if he had, he would NEVER have used her sexually while keeping her on a string and subjecting her to insults and also breaking up with her multiple times. She wore him down, but she didn't at any real point do anything that could be considered a 'due' that would entitle her to having a ring. FEW people are entitled to a marriage proposal. Doing what she likely did on her back and on her knees is not what I would call hard graft and it is an insult to people who put in honest work and struggle and earn their way through to just end up having to deal with the additional struggles that come along in life.

Kate doesn't know what a decent, honest day's work is and what she did, is not work unless she were a courtesan.

WIlliam perhaps would have broken up with her for good if an aristo lady had been amenable to marrying him.

will would even insult Kate by bragging to his friends at a ski vacation that he had "sex" (Kate) waiting for him. This before the engagement.

Kate still avoids work.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2019, 11:16:23 pm »

You know, I think she might have been able to keep her UN position and keep her blog, just change it to being more centered on her work/position as a royal and then she would have been able to build on it even more. Her biggest mistake was to leave all of it and then blame the BRF for her being a quitter.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2019, 03:08:11 pm »

Will & Kate seemed perfectly happy for Harry to marry the “tawdry, b-list actress with the embarrassing trashy family”, but ever since the cook book and Pacific tour were successful the Cambridges have realized that they are being bested by a former actress who refuses to engage with petty jerks. Imagine the tea Harry could spill about them too, yet he hasn’t.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

source:

Sorry for double posting  sorry

Celebitchy is very much a Meghan mouthpiece.  You see the proof of that in the statement that the cookbook and Pacific tour were successful.   easter-lol    Both were disasters!   Megs was put on lockdown after she got back and Harry is running away from her as fast as he can.  He's in Norway now. . . rather than with his *cough* expectant wife.   No one in the RF has anything to do with her.  There is zero interest in her pregnancy -- other than wondering if it is real -- and the press is gaining steam in printing unflattering stories about Megs. 

Exactly; Meg worked on her career and life and admittedly earned her own money; she had her own home and had her own set and had her own things in her name. Harry however had a title, wealth, and diplomatic status and has security that she had to work for. I don't blame her, tons of women have done it for centuries; I just dislike how she puts up a front like she made some unreal sacrifice; no one made her give up her blog or give up anything at the UN.

Megs managed to get some gigs in show biz, but she had reached her pinnacle with her bit part on Suits.  She had to find a rich man to marry . . . of course, she was already practically married to Cory. . . but a prince swam into her sights and she dumped Cory [a great catch!] for what she saw as a better gig.  She didn't/doesn't own a home, her friends drop away as she ghosts them, rumor is she is broke.  She never was employed by the UN and had no future there.  It will be interesting to see how all this plays out, will it not? 
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: