Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 06:50:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 19610 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2018, 08:53:25 pm »

The "behind the scenes" bit is pure bs. This is someone who couldn't be bothered to do the bare minimum at Jigsaw when she had nothing else going in her life (meaning no other business/ work (charitable or profitable), no kids to look after, no husband at home, no rent or mortgage to worry about), the only things she excelled at were partying and being there whenever for whatever for Bill.

She's well known to be lazy and we have accounts from several people who have and still do know her, who've said she finds it very difficult to sympathize with and find interest in other people. These characetristics are as far away as you can be from the bare minimum necessary within yourself to do charity work, and then being only interested in yourself and lazy and working in any form just doesn't fly, not unless your livelihood depends on it, which hers actually does, but it's not like she gets it or feels the danger in not doing any work. The British are not as hungry for revolutions as the French were (and still are...).

I don't have much to add to what has been said and what I've written so far has been said or is known, too.

The actual thing I wanted to write in this post (and then it spiralled) is this:

It was some docu? An article? By a charity person or some PR person? I don't remember, I'm just saying there's a source for this to have my opinion backed up:

There is literally no point for a high profile person doing "behind the scenes" work. That work is the job of the fulltime employees. They have it all managed. Now, if a high-profile person wants to get their hands dirty behind the scenes or has ideas etc then they are 100% welcome to help out. However, a high profile person's literal only job is to raise a charity's profile, so that more donations flood in. That is the only thing they are "hired" for and that is literally Waity's (and all "royals'") only job: go out for photo-ops, give a speech, smile, shake hands, dress up, go home. A speech is even optional.

Even if Waity is doing "behind the scenes work" (yeah right!), then it's pointless. Literally.

And if she were doing stuff "behind the scenes", then we'd see much better results at the actual publicized events (her actual & real job!).

So yeah, by literally all accounts, that's bs. Kate-Horror-Queen

I can never forget that HuffPost moved their whole office to KP for a whole day so that Waity could "edit" the online magazine (instead of her just going there and sparing everyone the ridiculous, redundant & superfluous extra work of moving and setting up a whole frikkin office!!), and she was late!!!! (reminder: it was at K bloody P!!) and then stayed only 1 hour!! And went shopping!!!!! When she was supposed to "edit" she was papped shoppping in London. You couldn't make it up.

This is not someone who "works" "behind the scenes".

She never even stays as long as she's supposed to "at work", except when she hoists herself on film sets (eg Downton Abbey), then she overstays, any schedule be damned!!

Gawd.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:55:42 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2018, 09:26:26 pm »

^ Thank you!   Could not agree more.

And as a child and youth psychiatric nurse, it infuriates me the crap "job" she has done "championing" mental health and the false information she spreads with her "speeches".

Anyway, I am not under any impression that Kate has it in her to genuinely like other women her age range (or younger). I don't think she cares much about anyone other than herself and her kids, but certainly not other family members besides the Middletons. I think she begrudgingly will do things with Meghan, but I do not believe they hang out behind the cameras.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:29:02 pm by LadySnowWhite » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »

I do wonder why there's this pressure for every female royal to be best buds; I beleive Kate dislikes how Meg has 'her' Harry and dislikes being ignored by the press while Meg gets all this coverage. I also believe that Kate is having problems being superfluous while Meg gets more drama in her life and will be hostessing the Invictus Games.

There is literally no point for a high profile person doing "behind the scenes" work. That work is the job of the fulltime employees. They have it all managed. Now, if a high-profile person wants to get their hands dirty behind the scenes or has ideas etc then they are 100% welcome to help out. However, a high profile person's literal only job is to raise a charity's profile, so that more donations flood in. That is the only thing they are "hired" for and that is literally Waity's (and all "royals'") only job: go out for photo-ops, give a speech, smile, shake hands, dress up, go home. A speech is even optional.

I believe Kate just has that released to make it sound like she is actually more than just ornamental. She wants to be taken seriously and regrettably that isn't her job.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2018, 11:06:29 pm »

^^ Omg I forgot about her shyt speeches putting blame at the parents' feet for their children's mental illnesses.
She's really shyt at the only job she's ever had (forget the Jigsaw bs), and this one has always been only "part time" too. She doesn't even write her own speeches, and her team must be totally inept to procure such horse manure.

I think that's why she's mostly only ever seen but never heard and why they leaked that Kate "models" herself on Liz qm (be seen but not heard), I think it's self-preservation because they realized fairly quickly that she's incredibly dim, so much for the "highest educated woman to marry into the RF". Yikes, is not a good ad for Marlborough or St Andrews. Smh.

^^ I agree very much, bearing in mind that she had trouble being interested in other people, she has no need for friends. So Meg falls off anyway, also because she's competition and K simply isn't interested, it's as plain and simple as that. K is only interested in men, and then only in those she fantasizes shtupping and then basically dry humps them, cameras and the public and her husband right next to her be damned.

^ I agree with all that too. The need for all them to be BFFs... It's the same with actors etc, people like to imagine what they are all like behind closed doors and either like to dream up bytch fights or BFF scenarios and are disappointed when the opposite of their preference is true or neither (i.e. people being professionals and working well together, but not socializing, esp when it comes down to actors).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2018, 11:12:16 pm »

Kate got her degree is MRS and got a relatively easy A major. A major she really did not use she had very sporadic work and could have done something with her art history degree but didn't.  Supposedly she was so great she was going to have an photography exhibit which never materializes. And the photos she takes are nothing spectacular. It's insulting to young women who had a more challenging program of study and advanced degrees and really used the degree instead of sitting back waiting for the phone to ring. Interesting how she decided to major in art history--it just happened to be William's original major, what a coincidence. LOL.

Kate never really had any women friends of her own and saw most of them as threats. She even showed up at a wedding weirdly copying Jecca Craig's style of dress. She and Meghan are alike in not having close women friends so naturally they won't be "close."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2018, 11:36:37 pm »

I do think she's bitter with envy that Meg gets to go on trips to celeb jet set locations while she rots in the shires with her dolt husband.

^^ I agree very much, bearing in mind that she had trouble being interested in other people, she has no need for friends. So Meg falls off anyway, also because she's competition and K simply isn't interested, it's as plain and simple as that. K is only interested in men, and then only in those she fantasizes shtupping and then basically dry humps them, cameras and the public and her husband right next to her be damned.

She and her greedy family care only about themselves and how much they can get out of the BRF and others by association.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2018, 02:24:24 am »

I do this all this press over the back to back engagements is trying to foster a connection between them--rivalry or relationship, I don't know. I suspect that fluctuates like the wind depending on the whims of the press and PR. I've read speculation today that a) they both planned to wear green this week. b) Kate copied Meg. c) Meg copied Kate, and d) that the green is some kind of hidden message. It's a bit like whiplash reading/hearing it all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2018, 12:56:49 am »

Interestingly, before the advent of Diana and Fergie, it was taken for granted that the Princess of Wales and Duchess of York would live different lives of their own and it was expected that they be civil, not best buds in the whole wide world. Now Meg and Kate have to put up a front of being best buds in public, something I think is the very opposite. I believe Kate and Meg remind one another of each other in ways both would rather forget. Kate wants to forget her own tawdriness, Meg would like to forget the fact that like Kate, she worked her way towards Harry the same way that Kate did towards William. I don't think Kate has a perfect family life and I do think Meg is quite jealous that Kate will be Queen Consort; meanwhile Meg has Harry and Kate likely resents that she will not be the only female of the new generation.

I do believe they are two halves of the same coin; more alike than they would like to admit.

Joanna
courtier

Daenerys Stormborn, the true Queen

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2018, 10:16:21 am »

laugh  laugh laugh  I fully agree!

Two Rebbeca Sharps the pair of them. One always trying to out do the other.

Imagine the awkwardness of family meals at important days like Christmas and such. You could cut it with a knive...
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2018, 04:23:58 pm »

^ I would venture to guess the amount of alcohol flowing around those meals would only fan the flames of resentment. Maybe HM will eat quickly to avoid one of them leaping across the table with a screech.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2018, 05:11:54 pm »

Waity and Murks are very different women although they both used similar tactics to seal the deal with the princes, intimate private home cooked meals, etc and both want to be the most fashionable woman alive, etc. and both are parading their family around them which isn't the worse thing if you believe in family values.  But Waity is very English and Murks is very typical Hollywood starlet and a liberal Californian. I don't see those two having a lot in common in terms of girl talk, etc. But as sister in laws they can easily get along at functions. Diana and Fergie were genuine friends for awhile until something broke them up. I don't remember what. But I had read Diana pushed Fergie to Andrew initially and wanted a cohort in the circle. Waity and Murks are not that way at all and may never have a falling out as they are never going to be close. Murks is a narc so she will be jealous of any attention Kate takes away from her. Waity doesn't care as much as she is the more senior person in that group. She will get the Cornwall income with Wills when HM goes. She doesn't need to merch herself.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2018, 08:07:48 pm »

Kate is trying to carve an image for herself. She now is playing mumsy type who feels "her role" is not to work but stay home with the kiddies. Even though not much is really demanded of her just doing appearances. In her own way, she likes the attention as much as Meghan. IMO. Kate has shown that she likes Hollywood glamour since there was a stopover in Hollywood during the honeymoon with Will. I think Kate may get equally jealous of Meghan. I think there will be a wariness between them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:52 am »

I think the expectation that they be fabulous friends is something that should be let go of; there will be a wariness mainly since Kate is someone who mistrusts other women and sees them as competition or a threat. Meg has her buddies, but I think she realizes that Kate covets Harry and dislikes the fact that Harry now has his own life.

Demeter
courtier

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2018, 08:42:47 pm »

I don't see why the Best Friends Forever narrative is such a Big Thing. To me, pushing the narrative that they're friendly but occupied with their own work and duties would go a long way to making them seem engaged and busy. Then again, who would swallow it? Still, the notion that just because they both married in that they should be friends is contrary to the facts of the situation, and common sense.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:57 pm »

I don't get it either; neither will be equals, Kate will become Princess of Wales and then set to become Queen Consort after that. Meg is set to become Duchess of York and then nothing further. They are alike in many ways, but Kate has the PR of being more elegant and classy and I do think Meg will lead the more exotic life.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2018, 12:25:25 am »

I don't think Meghan will be Duchess of York. Andrew will most likely be around for years. And by the time of Andrew's decease let's say in his nineties, Louis the second son will most likely be Duke of York not Harry.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2018, 08:07:21 am »

^ I agree that Louis will most likely be the next Duke of York. I guess it makes sense that the Cambridges had a third child, since George is the heir and Charlotte will be the next Princess Royal. Andrew is 11 years younger than Charles, so he'll probably outlive his older brother (meaning William will be King when he passes).

Kate will eventually end up as Queen consort. Meghan has the highest title she'll ever get right now (Duchess).
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2018, 04:42:03 pm »

I'm sure Megs is not happy just being a duchess, its not her personality. And it really shouldn't make a difference because Kate and Megs are in the same family, they are both royals. But when Kate wears those big tiaras, Meg is gonna gulp!  laugh
sandy
Princess

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2018, 05:00:47 pm »

If Camilla lets Kate near the big tiaras that is.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2018, 05:58:41 pm »

^ Good point!  Kate-Horror-Queen
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: