Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 05:50:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 11868 times)
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2017, 04:11:27 pm »

I cannot imagine that an aging, liberal, California hippy would want to live in Britain within the confines of royalty.  So I would imagine Doria will never move.
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 09:26:12 am »

Doria definitely will not leave California but as the daughter of a PROUD aging liberal, who's an only child like Meghan, trust me mom will want to hug and kiss every once in a while ( I'm in the military so it varies in the U.S. 6/8  times a year; overseas 3/5 times a year).
Plus, Doria is a "yogi" & Kate  cares about her appearance.
 Pettiness exists all around us and these two will fall victim on occasion but yesterday Kate had a genuine smile I had not seen since 2010. No joke. A real smile that reached her eyes and her entire face lit up. (I was low key happy  for her.) easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:17 pm »

Inside Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton’s Growing Friendship
Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are poised to become sisters-in-law in May — but they have already begun leaning on each other.

“I’m sure Kate will do all she can to help Meghan,” a source in Kate’s hometown of Bucklebury tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story, while noting that in the early years of her romance with Prince William, Kate herself was mentored by Queen Elizabeth. “She had audiences with Queen Elizabeth quite often and was taught to behave like a future Queen.”

Unlike Kate, whose husband is second in the immediate line of succession, Meghan has ample breathing room between herself and the throne: Prince Harry will downshift to sixth in line with the arrival of William and Kate’s third baby in April.

Meghan, who will be learning on the job, “is funny and serious and extremely hard-working,” says a source close to the former Suits star. “I can imagine Kate will find a great friend in her.”

The two women, both 36, have quickly bonded, helped by their close proximity as neighbors at Kensington Palace. Of course, their paths to the palace were very different: Kate, who enjoyed a bucolic childhood in the English countryside, was a 19-year-old student at St. Andrews University in Scotland when she met fellow art history major Prince William. Across the ocean, Meghan — whose parents, onetime TV sound engineer Thomas Markle and yoga instructor Doria Ragland — was cultivating her interests in acting and activism at Northwestern University in Illinois.
http://people.com/royals/inside-meghan-markle-and-kate-middletons-growing-friendship/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 08:19:48 pm »

This made me laugh. I can not see Waity 'mentoring' or helping another woman succeed at anything. Nope no way.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 10:57:31 pm »

It is pathetic. The People article talks about her very flexible job at Jigsaw for 2007. Very little time there. They can't spin that she did not work much but they try.

I take it with a huge grain of salt that the Kate was mentored by QE II. According to various biographies, Kate met the Queen close to the engagement, around the time of the Phillips wedding and she met the QUeen for a brief time. The mentoring is nonsense. I remember all the articles of her being trained to be a royal which had no basis in fact.

Kate gave other women death stares when she was dating WIlliam, I don't think she has close women friends.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:11 pm »

^exactly, but People tends to sell the Disney version of a princess/Cinderella fairy tail. Rough MM wouldn’t listen even if she was getting training as she comes off like she’s a know-it-all anyway.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2018, 04:26:15 am »

I don't think they're friends or enemies. They've probably only met a few times. Most likely acquaintances, although they may grow closer over time as sisters-in-law.
india
Princess

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2018, 04:18:38 pm »

The Potato Head will never be friends with Meghan. Any woman who is slightly good-looking is a threat to her. She's only friends with The Viper. This is the only female she trusts.
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 08:09:57 pm »

I get the impression they are not as close as reported.

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 08:27:05 pm »

^ No way. Kate has alienated any female friends she ever had and I doubt for many reasons that she's at all keen to be friends with Murkles.
And Kate would be barely any "help" with advice. Asking K for advice on the royals, her role and diplomacy is like asking a cow for advice on how to climb a tree.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 04:35:13 am »

I don't think Meghan would ask for advice, as she's all about "modernizing" the monarchy and doing things her way.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 11:18:14 am »

^ That's very true as well, I bet Meggles thinks she "knows" everything and needs no one who'll "dictate" to her, as well as thinking it'll be her way (the "modern" way) or the highway...
logically
courtier

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 12:32:14 pm »

They will not be true friends but they will be very aware of watch other and friendly.  They recognize one another as the same social climbing, skeletons in the closet, un-embraced by the family, unequipped for the job, looking for an easy rich lifestyle.  Both will do whatever it takes to keep a title and a lifestyle.  If they do become fast friends - watch out RF you are going down.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2018, 05:57:02 pm »

I think they will definitely be copying each others fashion, fashion labels and accessories as time goes on. I see Kate using more handbags.  tehe

I really wouldn't want to wear any designers made popular by Kate, i.e. McQueen, Beulah, Erdem, Packham, Hobbs and or Catherine Walker, Seraphine can be an exception when Megs is preggers. I would want to highlight other British designers, they do exist, but of course, I'm not Megs.  sigh

I want to be spared from the DM articles when Megs wears a designer that Kate has worn in the past, like yesterday's events.  Lips Sealed
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2018, 06:30:29 pm »

^ Catherine Walker is a throwback to Diana though, but I fully agree with you.

I think that's the only "Meg-Effect" or "Kate-Effect" that we'll see: them stepping up their game, trying to out-do each other. Sure, Kate has worn handbags before, but in 6 years we have about a handful of such occasions (engagements! not counting private occasions and pap pics), and now suddenly she's carrying a handbag more often at engagements (usually she had her handbag handed over to her staff and carried a clutch taken out of the handbag).

Kate seems to have cleaned up and stepped up a bit, like about 2-3 babysteps in total (which in her case feel like 2-3 giant steps), and I fully attribute that to Meg, Quinn and her pre-maternity leave rush.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2018, 10:05:44 am »

If Kate continues her ingenue act I am certain that she'll end up getting left in the dust by Meg; already Meg has done more appearances during her engagement and I am certain that Quinn has smartened Kate up via being Charles' rep in the 'court of Cambridge.'

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:23 pm »

How Meghan Markle Has Helped Duchess Kate During Her Difficult Pregnancy

Giving herself a once-over before she and husband Prince William made the mile-long journey from Kensington Palace to the Royal Albert Hall, Duchess Kate felt she’d nailed it. As with the Golden Globes, there was chatter that those attending the February 18 BAFTA Awards would wear black in support of the Time’s Up initiative battling the mistreatment of women. And she felt that by tying a black sash around her dark green Jenny Packham and adorning herself in emerald jewels (one of the hues of the British suffragette movement), she could give “a nod” toward where she stood, a Kate insider reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, “without making a full-blown statement.”

As she and William mingled with nominees Allison Janney and Daniel Kaluuya, “she felt confident,” says a source. “But evening engagements get harder the later into pregnancy Kate gets.”

At seven months, appearing regal can be a royal pain. Plagued by the same severe morning sickness she endured with both Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 2, the 36-year-old has nodded in agreement as well-meaning friends “have told her it gets easier every time,” says a family insider, “but I think she’s found it challenging. It’s taken quite a toll.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/how-meghan-markle-has-helped-kate-during-her-difficult-pregnancy/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2018, 09:03:23 pm »

I see Murkles has been very very busy feeding the press positive bs stories about herself. My my. ick
sandy
Princess

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2018, 02:11:51 am »

How Meghan Markle Has Helped Duchess Kate During Her Difficult Pregnancy

Giving herself a once-over before she and husband Prince William made the mile-long journey from Kensington Palace to the Royal Albert Hall, Duchess Kate felt she’d nailed it. As with the Golden Globes, there was chatter that those attending the February 18 BAFTA Awards would wear black in support of the Time’s Up initiative battling the mistreatment of women. And she felt that by tying a black sash around her dark green Jenny Packham and adorning herself in emerald jewels (one of the hues of the British suffragette movement), she could give “a nod” toward where she stood, a Kate insider reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, “without making a full-blown statement.”

As she and William mingled with nominees Allison Janney and Daniel Kaluuya, “she felt confident,” says a source. “But evening engagements get harder the later into pregnancy Kate gets.”

At seven months, appearing regal can be a royal pain. Plagued by the same severe morning sickness she endured with both Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 2, the 36-year-old has nodded in agreement as well-meaning friends “have told her it gets easier every time,” says a family insider, “but I think she’s found it challenging. It’s taken quite a toll.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/how-meghan-markle-has-helped-kate-during-her-difficult-pregnancy/

Easier every time? Just how many children is Kate going to have?!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2018, 05:00:27 am »

Isn't this a bit much? She has full-time nannies and night nurse for the kids she already has. I doubt she's so exhausted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: