Royal Gossip
October 19, 2018, 09:13:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 11840 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:04 am »

^ Indeed, also it's not "HG" anymore, but "severe morning sickness". If she were suffering from either, esp HG, she wouldn't be on her 3rd.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2018, 01:44:00 am »

Exactly.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2018, 01:22:41 pm »

I hag HG (the real sort) but it was only dangerously bad in my 3rd. I was hospitalised in my 2nd but only due to dehydration. My 3rd was when I became seriously ill.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »

My best friend had real HG and it was constant for the whole pregnancy, she even had to give up work she was that bad.  First and only child, after that she vowed should would never have another pregnancy, and she never did, just the one son, the mere thought of going through it made her feel ill.  A group of us used to go around and help out keeping the house neat, and her husband was a true marvel, did so much for her.  True HG can be h*ll, would never have believed it had I not lived through it with my friend.  That is why I personally think council cath never had it, and the second time she was seen, when allegedly indoors "dying", takinn a walk in skinny jeans and heeled boots throud KP park.  No woman suffering that badly would be out of bed, or off the sofa, let alone done up like a tart and out walking at dusk. 
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 05:37:40 pm »

I  agree, I very much disbelieve the statements saying she suffered from HG. It's extremely debilitating, as you've seen. It's a very bizarre claim and her arrogance in thinking everyone is as thick as she is, therefore doesn't even need to pretend, really gets my hackles up. My kidneys were not right for 18 months after my third pregnancy. It wasn't something that came and went.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 03:59:49 am »

I do think Meg will get tired of having to defer to Kate; in protocol, Kate outranks Meg and Meg will have to defer in certain areas of the royal life like:

Hiring; Kate will be able to veto anyone Meg might wish to hire
Deference; Meg will have to walk behind Kate and curtsy to Kate

I am sure that it won't be pleasant for Meg and after a while, cracks will show.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 02:04:35 pm »

^ Totally agree with you, KF.  How I see it, or wish it was, is that married in commoners shouldn't have to defer to another married in commoner unless one commoner becomes Queen Consort. 

IMO commoner Duchess to commoner Duchess should be equal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 03:16:40 pm »

^^Why would Kate be able to veto anyone Meghan hires? It's Charles that pays the bills for the office staff at KP and pays an allowance for the Cambridge household, Kate's wardrobe etc. He will also do the same for Harry's household and wife after they are married. Kate's not in charge of the staff at the KP office or the money Harry and his wife will receive, even after the Queen's death.

As for curtseying, it's very very rare on any occasions when the family are together that any curtseying is done at all, except for the Queen and sometimes for the Duke of Edinburgh. We saw the Royal family on parade at Sandringham at Xmas. No-one curtseyed to Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie or Kate. The only curtsey we saw was for the Queen by the younger female royals when she left the Church. And you can bet your bottom dollar that Meghan wouldn't have been curtseying to Kate over the breakfast table at Anmer that morning! 
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 03:37:18 pm »

IMO that is how it should be, curtseys only for the Sovereign and consort. I wouldn't curtsey to anyone else, and certainly never to Kate and William,
much less Harry and Megan.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 04:32:08 pm »

^^Why would Kate be able to veto anyone Meghan hires? It's Charles that pays the bills for the office staff at KP and pays an allowance for the Cambridge household, Kate's wardrobe etc. He will also do the same for Harry's household and wife after they are married. Kate's not in charge of the staff at the KP office or the money Harry and his wife will receive, even after the Queen's death.

Protocol and rank run things every time; Kate outranks Meg and therefore Kate would have final say. Princess Diana once overruled the hiring of a butler that she (Diana) had fired against Princess Michael of Kent; eventually Princess Margaret hired the butler, since Margaret is born royal and Diana wasn't. Kate will have final say despite the fact that Charles pays the bills.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2018, 05:12:19 pm »

Kate and William have no say about how Harry and Meghan would run their household. Only Prince Charles would, he holds the purse strings.

The Diana/Princess Michael was a unique situation.

I don't recall Diana and Charles ordering Fergie and Andrew around about running their household. Fergie ran amok with the spending.

Kate would have no say, and I doubt would care about ordering Meghan around.

Kate and Meghan were both born commoners. Neither are from other royal houses or born aristo.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 05:15:45 pm »

Won't matter; Kate will outrank Meg and will be able to pull rank in many areas. It should be interesting to watch.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 05:54:56 pm »

Kate is not Princess of Wales nor Queen yet. Charles still holds the purse strings. Kate certainly would not want to take on more work to "show up" Meghan. IMO.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2018, 06:28:52 pm »

^On the contrary, I think the Palace will either force Kate to work more if Meghan is seemingly working more or they will force Meghan to work less as to not out work the future queenie.

Reaffirming what I just wrote above and looking at it from a racial perspective, there is no way that the Palace would want the woman with African ancestry to out work the future white queen, especially if Meghan is better than Kate during appearances.  eating cookies
sandy
Princess

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 06:59:09 pm »

Whatever efforts to get Kate to work more seem to have failed. There have been many excuses made for her over the years, even before she had the babies.

I think anybody could outwork Kate. It does not matter what the ancestry is.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2018, 07:06:55 pm »

Kate is at an age where it should be taken for granted that she does a full schedule of engagements, her new numbers should not be novel. I do believe that Meg will outshine her mainly since the BRF desperately needs a younger royal doing a full schedule and Meg will be married to the new Head of the Commonwealth (Harry).

I do believe that Meg's more exotic life will cause Kate endless envy since during the first few months of Kate being married, there were endless leaks about how Kate was going to go to Milan fashion week and how Kate wanted to see the sights of NY (when she went on that trip with William) and it fizzled out.

Meanwhile Meg is about to become involved in traveling the Commonwealth and living a more jet set life than Kate will. Kate will envy Meg's status as Harry's wife and I am sure the press will give Meg more coverage if Meg plays the game instead of suing nonstop and making constant threats against the photographers.

Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2018, 07:21:29 pm »

^^Here's hoping ancestry does not matter within the RF with the senior royals making decisions on how often Meghan would work and if its more than Kate.

^Kate will definitely envy the less stressful royal life of Meghan.  tehe
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:27:21 pm by Cali San D » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2018, 08:04:22 pm »

Not that Kate has a stressful royal life to be blunt; it's not like Kate has to slave over paperwork and make split second decisions that affect millions. I think a huge part of the friction that will come along for Kate and Meg will be how Meg will have more outlets for her ambitions than Kate; Kate is future POW and Queen Consort, but it hasn't translated into much of anything that will actually end up with Kate being able to jet set, get a house in LA, or mingle with the celebs as she might want.

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2018, 08:06:13 pm »

I can't see these two climbers being BFF's at all. They are far to grasping and greedy. But it will make it fun to watch them try to out do the other.  Cool
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2018, 11:05:15 pm »

Kate likes to compete and win; I am sure that Kate will not want to help Meg with the intricacies of royal life (that Kate herself actually fails to grasp even now) and I do believe that Meg will likely be living it up with Harry and I am sure Kate will not like no longer being the only woman in Harry's royal life. It'll be entertaining.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: