Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:37:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 30665 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2019, 11:01:05 am »

If I were in that family I would think Kate very pretentious and 'above herself'.  IF she does not want Meghan around the children, shame on Kate.  Her mother is embarrassing now pushing her son on the media like he is on the Bachelor TV show.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2019, 12:27:01 pm »

Why should K invite M if they don't get along and why should it reflect badly on K? It would only be so if M keeps inviting K to her bday over years and K even comes, but doesn't reciprocate. This is the 1st year and there's no reason for M to be invited if they indeed don't get along.

Also, M knows everything about not inviting family to occasions, she could write a book on that first.

Further, M has leaked like a sieve, wouldn't want her at my bday either.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2019, 12:35:53 pm »

I think it's the DM stirring up trouble. I would not want Kate at my birthday party. Kate's Mum I think is doing the leaking now.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2019, 12:41:53 pm »

This doesn't smell like a Midd leak, more like a butthurt M leak.

The Midds have leaked over the years as well, but they were less complaining, & more out for the fullfillment of their agenda.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2019, 01:03:10 pm »

I don't think Meghan would leak negative stories about herself. There are also the Tumblr accounts which have been in action since MEghan and Harry started dating.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2019, 01:13:25 pm »

^ Of course she wouldn't leak a negative story about herself, where is that one though? If she leaked this the intention was clearly to make herself look like a victim, "boo-hoo I wasn't invited by my evil sil". The way the media spins it is another and also how people reveive the story. If she leaked this, it clearly backfired, seeing as Omid is one of the sources then yeah M must be behind it. Makes no sense whatsoever to say the Midds leaked. There's no gain at all for them leaking this, esp as it could have made K look bad.

I took the time to read the comments and loved this one:

"If MM attended Kates party she would just keep saying to the guests "Hi I'm Meghan, I have visited here many times in secret! Did you know about my secret visits? It was a secret and only appeared in 7 or 8 newspapers. As I said to Kate on my last secret visit, we must keep this a secret Kate! That's what I always say to Amal and Victoria too when I visit them in secret, and Oprah, but then Oprah says but Meghan it's so hard to keep our friendship secret because I love you so much! And I say oh Oprah, everyone feels that way but I try to stay humble, that's why I do these secret visits with only 3 photographers to capture me in secret, you know they're obessed with me and all I do is pay them and call them! It's a diagrace! But that's why I value my behind the scenes work and secret visits" "

Also

"Haha! And lets not forget Serena who had to admonish MM because she's just TOO kind. Oh stop being so kind Meghan! Barf"

And

"Meghan wasn't invited in case she brought her famous illegal party bags with her."

Also some good ones here:

"It's quite unhealthy the way Meghan appears obsessed with getting close to Kate and William. They would be wise to keep their distance. Every minutiae of their lives will be exposed in her future books and interviews. "

"@ Ex service. MM wrote an extensive piece on her blog about Kate and William before she met Harry. On their Christmas walk MM didn't interact with H she dragged him by the arm as she walked closer and closer to Kate while trying to catch William's eye. When she curtsied she looked at William for approval, not her own husband. When she is placed away from them on balconies she keeps staring at them in between staring at the camera. The list goes on. "

"@ Ex sevice - take a look through video clips of Sandringham 2017 and 2018. The Crazy American yearns to be noticed by William, to the point of ignoring the Half-Wit she married. She'll use Kate to get to William if she has to, and discard her as she has done with everyone else no longer useful. I'm not sure what she wants, but given how ruthless she is, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to be another Camilla."

I also have to say that it does seem that K does have a handful of female friends, the same ones who've been around for more than 10 years. She's famously female-unfriendly, but some select ones have stuck around and they're her kids godparents and have never ever talked to the media or promoted their business/ work via their connection.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2019, 01:25:10 pm »

If I were in that family I would think Kate very pretentious and 'above herself'.  IF she does not want Meghan around the children, shame on Kate.  Her mother is embarrassing now pushing her son on the media like he is on the Bachelor TV show.

Did you think Meggles was pretentious and above herself when she did not invite her family to her most recent wedding, Sandy?
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2019, 04:15:51 pm »

^We already know the answer to that easter-lol

Everything M does K is hung for.   eating cookies

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #448 on: January 13, 2019, 04:31:02 pm »

^ Indeed. I also see some mental gymnastics when K critics justify M's spending and other things, when K was criticized for much less in her 1st year by these people. Can't even bear to read some of the bs peddled on Tumblr.

Sooo, K is expected to invite her sil who's already proven to be sketchy, lying, leaking and isn't close at all to K; and yet there's some bending over backwards when it comes to M and her treatment of her dad and family re her weddings and everything (how steadfast everyone was how Thomas wasn't at her wedding in Jamaica and he proved he was).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #449 on: January 13, 2019, 04:40:48 pm »

I am criticizing Kate because yes I do think she's pretentious and lazy. Neither Kate or Meghan are anything to write home about. Meghan has her own issues with her family. Kate has different issues with her ambitious mother. Apples and oranges.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »

I applaud Kate for NOT inviting the leech M. M had the audacity to campaign for NatTh patron on Kate's birthday. Tackiest and jelliest thing ever. Why invite her to her birthday after that? I am so happy that Kate retaliates, Will did it on Christmas, now Kate. There's even a sun article that states that brf is behind Kate in contrast of not being behind Diana, so brf even played the Diana card to NOT get associated with M.

Also, Kate doesn't want any of her children close to M. That's more than obvious. ... What did M try to do to these kids so that the parents go to extra lengths to protect the kids from Her?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2019, 08:50:55 pm »

Meghan hasn't been near the National Theatre (a patronage given her by the Queen) on Kate's birthday. She was at SmartWorks the other day and has two engagements connected with other Sussex patronages on Monday, and that's it.

Harry and Kate have had an excellent relationship yet Kate never turned up to any of Harry's birthday parties nor her to his. Nor did the two brothers, who have always been close, attend each other's parties.

And Kate wasn't at Meghan's birthday last year. Meghan and Harry were at the wedding of Harry's cousin on the Spencer side on that day.

Where are any stories that Meghan is being kept away from the Cambridge children (apart from Tumblr/Twitter rumours.) The Sussexes are still at Nott Cott, only a courtyard away from Apartment 1A at KP, and can see the Cambridge children whenever they drop in.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2019, 01:00:03 am »

I applaud Kate for NOT inviting the leech M. M had the audacity to campaign for NatTh patron on Kate's birthday. Tackiest and jelliest thing ever. Why invite her to her birthday after that? I am so happy that Kate retaliates, Will did it on Christmas, now Kate. There's even a sun article that states that brf is behind Kate in contrast of not being behind Diana, so brf even played the Diana card to NOT get associated with M.

Also, Kate doesn't want any of her children close to M. That's more than obvious. ... What did M try to do to these kids so that the parents go to extra lengths to protect the kids from Her?

How is it obvious? Meghan is made to sound like a monster, she's not. And she's the children's aunt. Kate hiding the children from Meghan sounds very ludicrous to me.

Why would Kate have to retaliate? There was nothing to retaliate from.  Meghan never played the Diana card--the Media and social media sites "claim" this. Both Kate and Meghan talked about Diana publicly.

Kate sounds odd if she keeps children away from their aunt and feels she has to "retaliate."

Meghan did not try to kidnap the children or do anything to harm them. These are just rumors about Meghan and totally unfounded.

William went on an appearance on Kate's birthday. IF this is so blasphemous why isn't he criticized for it? He even made a "joke" about "forgetting" Kate's birthday.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2019, 02:22:05 am »

I also have to say that it does seem that K does have a handful of female friends, the same ones who've been around for more than 10 years. She's famously female-unfriendly, but some select ones have stuck around and they're her kids godparents and have never ever talked to the media or promoted their business/ work via their connection.

Key word - "some select ones". In her private life, she appears to be the wise type. Quality over quantity; loyalty to character-based friendship over loyalty to gender.
I say Bravo.

Despite knowing - intellectually - that she is a god-for-nothing mediocrity, I have a hard time staving off a certain feeling of faint sympathy towards her due to all these reports, clues and signs that emerge about her.
I tried really hard to dislike KM as much as I dislike MM - considering they both are natural nobodies who stepped into a enormous pile of luck. goodluck
But I can't manage to shake off that feeling of faint sympathy - which probably needs to go away.
Just when I think I nailed her as the useless thing that she is, something else comes out about her that I can't help but relate to or find some affinity with. 

I am not sure if it's her personality type or her classic style, or her astrological sign which I share, or her penchant towards traditionalism... or my sincere admiration for Middleton's strong family ties...I don't know.

I have tried so hard to dislike her 100% but I can't fully manage.
If anyone can help, throw more info my way.  work     

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2019, 02:36:40 am »

Kate's best friends (female) IMO are Pippa and Carole. She would give death stares to women who got near William.

It's not a matter of disliking Kate, to me she is not a role model for women today. She put her life on hold while supported by her parents hoping for the ring from William. He wanted to date others and would call cooling off periods and a big breakup. His friends started leaking nasty things about Kate to the media during the breakup (and they proved they are William's friends and in a pinch they would side with him). It was more than a matter of "luck" with Kate, it was strategy and planning notably the media campaign waged by Kate to win William back. Supposedly her mother encouraged her to wage this campaign. She had years to do things on her own and for herself but did not take this opportunity and brought her weak work ethic into the royal family.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2019, 03:57:37 am »

Key word - "some select ones". In her private life, she appears to be the wise type. Quality over quantity; loyalty to character-based friendship over loyalty to gender.
I say Bravo.

Despite knowing - intellectually - that she is a god-for-nothing mediocrity, I have a hard time staving off a certain feeling of faint sympathy towards her due to all these reports, clues and signs that emerge about her.
I tried really hard to dislike KM as much as I dislike MM - considering they both are natural nobodies who stepped into a enormous pile of luck. goodluck
But I can't manage to shake off that feeling of faint sympathy - which probably needs to go away.
Just when I think I nailed her as the useless thing that she is, something else comes out about her that I can't help but relate to or find some affinity with. 

I am not sure if it's her personality type or her classic style, or her astrological sign which I share, or her penchant towards traditionalism... or my sincere admiration for Middleton's strong family ties...I don't know.

I have tried so hard to dislike her 100% but I can't fully manage.
If anyone can help, throw more info my way.  work     

Her family is privately very cruel, uppity and nasty - very self-serving and lazy. No respect for a mother who practically wh#res out her daughters to the richest men out there.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:33 am »

^ Thanks - but I am not sure it's helping my cause. easter-egg-basket

Lazy?...It doesn't quite look like this from where I stand. Not the parents.
As for self-serving...isn't it what families are supposed to be? Self-serving? I don't mean individuals - but families.
Parents took great care of children, children seem to respond in kind. This sounds like a nice family arrangement to me.

If all of us had parents like the Midds...trust me, it would be a better world for all of us.

I would have no respect for a mother who'd wh*re out her daughter to a rich man whom the daughter despises and absolutely does not want.
But when the daughter wants the guy too - this is a mother-daughter relationship made in Heaven.

There is nothing inherently wrong for a mother to want to see her daughter married well.

I know this view doesn't fit in with our modern narratives about SIW-s ("strong, independent women") but it is what I believe.
Actually, strongly believe - as a career woman with quite a few degrees stacked up to High Heavens.

In our days, women who marry well are virtually guaranteed a good life and a wide variety of choices, assuming of course the man is not some abusive wretch, which they usually aren't, contrary to popular opinion. 

Such women's options include being able to focus on their children, marriage, private life, friendships, wider interests and hobbies, etc. - all with grace and ease and without worries and the indignities of "joggling".
They can have careers too if they so choose - but funny how many in such a situation don't exactly "burn" to choose a serious a career path if they have the former option (which they do).

Never mind when it's about occupying a position at the top of the bee hive, as KM got to occupy with her mother's support.
This is hardly just being "wh*red out to a rich man".

After all, for all his mediocrity, I doubt William is such a bad man with any more flaws than any other Joe would have had - as all humans are flawed.   

My conclusion: Ma' Midds did wonders for her children.
She certainly didn't do wonders for others outside her family, but that was not her responsibility.

Her responsibility was to her children and she served her children well. Ultimately, there's nothing higher a mother can do.
And to me, this is hats off.

Give me something else. Maybe they have a body or two buried in the back yard or something??...   

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2019, 02:01:03 pm »

If all of us had parents like the Midds, the world would consist of social climbers not doing much for themselves but finding someone wealthy to "take care of them." Even wealthy people go out and work and don't sit home on trust funds. Carole is very pushy. And maybe she would have been a role model mom back in the50s when girls went to school to find wealthy husbands. It also goes back to the early 20th century. I recall Rose's Mother in titanic told another woman the purpose of University for women is to find a husband and Rose already has done that. Carole is an anachronism.

Women who marry well are decidedly not guaranteed a good life or a variety of choices. Look at Mrs Bezos today her husband had some sort of a midlife crisis and started  courting a married woman. Even though Mrs B thought life was secure with a happy family and just like that the rug was pulled out from under her. Many women are ditched by their wealthy husbands. Depending on a man is not the answer for women. Marriage counselors have advised women to get an education and have a career. And some families even rich ones need two incomes.

The jury is out on James. There is a sense of desperation for Carole to marry him off. Maybe he doesn't even want to marry.

The jury is also out on Kate and Pippa. Royal marriages are not guaranteed anymore considering recent past history.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2019, 02:42:30 pm »

Here’s something that started to change my mind about Kate.  It’s only small and can easily be written off if someone wishes to, but I’m going on my gut instinct.   Her hands. 

Hands tell a story about a person, and I don’t mean Kates hands are necessarily attractive, because if they were well kept they’d just be normal hands, but they aren’t.

Her hands are of a woman who does work.  I’m not meaning outside in the world work, but they stay at home, clean up, wash things etc.  She uses her hands!  I fully believe she’s a hands on Mother and that Maria just helps.

IMHO.  eating cookies

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:04 pm »

I think Maria does a whole lot of the work.  And let's say Kate wants to stay home with the children, it does not mean she can't have a regular schedule of work hours each week, she is not expected to do 35 hours a week. I don't think her hands look like they do much work.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: