Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:34:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate & Meghan Relationship Thread  (Read 30663 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »

When Kate married William he was still a serving officer in the RAF and as such a part-time royal doing around 50 engagements a year. She therefore did about the same as he did.

When Meghan married Harry he had already quit the army and was supposed to be a full-time royal doing around 200 engagements a year so it is no surprise that Meghan has done over 100 in the months since May.

Next year, unless Kate does go for a fourth child, should see her up her numbers considerably while I expect Meghan's to be about the same as this year due to becoming a mother. Unless Meghan has twins and thus a 'family' in one go I would expect her to try for a second child in late 2020 - about 18 months between babies and if they go for a third another 18 or so months so a third in mid 2022. Kate, being younger was able to spread them out a bit more compared to what I expect from Meghan. As a result I don't expect Meghan to be topping 200 engagements until around 2023/2024 and then I expect her to sit around the 250 mark until she reaches her 70s and then slow down (I won't be around to see it given my age but ...) as that is what Sophie does and she is the wife of the younger son of the current monarch.

I do expect Kate to up her numbers to around 300 in 2020 and to stick around that figure or even go to 400 - certainly as Queen she should be around that figure as that was what the late Queen Mum was doing in the 50s and 60s (and yes I am aware that Kate will be Queen Consort but they do NOT use that title - only Queen ... The Queen Mum was 'Queen Elizabeth' or 'The Queen' from 1936 to 1952 never Queen Consort Elizabeth. The only person in Britain to ever had the title 'Consort' in their title was Albert and even then it was only the last four years of his life and Philip has never had it.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2018, 10:37:14 pm »

Megs' numbers are going to zero very soon because she's on her way out!    loveshower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2018, 12:22:59 am »

No evidence of that. Some were "positive" on the DM that no wedding would happen and it did.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2018, 01:30:25 am »

Robert Jobson remarked in Chris Ship's ITV show about the royals a couple of weeks ago that Meghan will be announcing her patronages in the New Year, so that should be all set.

There's no evidence at all that I can see that Meghan will be leaving the UK (she said at the Award Show yesterday that Britain is her new home) nor that she will be leaving the BRF. Many royals tie everything up with their charities etc at the end of the year by attending private receptions and meetings, and that's what she and Harry have been doing.

As for Meghan's attendance at the Award Show appearance being a surprise, that's how the Queen's appearance at British Fashion Week (where she presented an award was described in the media a few months ago. In reality it's never a surprise when royalty attend shows in a public capacity. The hosts always know, because of security considerations.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:40 pm »

They will never allow her to leave Britain so soon!!! But with her family indiscretion and other steps I see her leaving... when she is not at the center of stage, but more when George, Charlotte and Louis start to take all the attention! And this when she arrives to this time!!! Before that Queen Elizabeth will die, and we never know if Charles will be alive.... but The other duo will have more attention and the public perception of them  will change

She will be like Sophie but in a bad way....

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #365 on: December 12, 2018, 12:21:44 am »

Louis will probably have fewer duties than the elder two and perhaps will join the military but this is all a long way off. George will be heir  and Charlotte will be the first Princess born to a royal heir since Princess Anne.

Meghan is not her family. Like Kate is not Uncle Gary.

It will be a while before the children take up duties.
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #366 on: December 22, 2018, 10:48:49 pm »

It’s official! Meghan and Kate WON’T be staying together at Christmas! The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stuffed in like sardines at Sandringham while William and his wife enjoy luxury Georgian pad two miles down the road

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6523457/Meghan-Kate-WONT-staying-Christmas.html

Some quotes:

'Last Christmas it was felt that allowing Harry and Meghan, then unmarried, to spend the night at [Sandringham] the main house would be inappropriate.'

'After last year's service, Meghan clung to Harry's arm, walking among the crowds alongside William and Kate, cementing her place in the so-called 'Fab Four'

'The message from senior courtiers is to expect the same united front this year, not to mention some carefully chosen outfits. '

'With every scrap of body language likely to be scrutinised, neither duchess is likely to betray any hint of friction.'
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #367 on: December 23, 2018, 01:02:32 am »

'Last Christmas it was felt that allowing Harry and Meghan, then unmarried, to spend the night at [Sandringham] the main house would be inappropriate.'

LOL; as if either had any kind of reputation for purity or virtue left to protect.

William and his wife enjoy luxury Georgian pad two miles down the road

Tell me why they can't just enjoy living at Sandringham? They are after all members of the BRF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2018, 10:29:56 am »

Will was smart to get a house next to S. Harry should have done the same if he didint want to be sardine.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2018, 02:36:51 pm »

It’s official! Meghan and Kate WON’T be staying together at Christmas! The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stuffed in like sardines at Sandringham while William and his wife enjoy luxury Georgian pad two miles down the road

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6523457/Meghan-Kate-WONT-staying-Christmas.html

Some quotes:

'After last year's service, Meghan clung to Harry's arm, walking among the crowds alongside William and Kate, cementing her place in the so-called 'Fab Four'

'The message from senior courtiers is to expect the same united front this year, not to mention some carefully chosen outfits. '

'With every scrap of body language likely to be scrutinised, neither duchess is likely to betray any hint of friction.'

As if royals would ever be crowded in like sardines
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #370 on: December 23, 2018, 02:39:56 pm »

I'm fed up with this BS that just because they don't get large apartments while at Sandringham, that they're packed in like people in a tenement. They are not at all deprived or suffering or at some kind of a risk for being stifled.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #371 on: December 23, 2018, 10:44:27 pm »

Will was smart to get a house next to S. Harry should have done the same if he didint want to be sardine.

William's house isn't 'next to S' but on the Sandringham estate. In time William will own the Sandringham estate including all of the different houses on the estate - York, Wood, Anmer etc. The Queen simply gave him one of the homes he will eventually own early rather than have to find him somewhere else.

Harry is the younger son and won't inherit anywhere near as much as William as anything William inherits, on becoming King, from the previous monarch is free from death duties whereas anything Harry inherits is subject to death duties. That is why the Queen helps out her cousins as their fathers were left as much as her father (at the time of the abdication the government allowed the transfer from Edward VIII to George VI to be free of taxes etc).

Harry will have to buy his own property if he wants to have one other than what has already been agreed whereas William, as the future King will always be provided with good sized homes. The difference between the heir and the spare.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #372 on: December 23, 2018, 10:51:23 pm »

Harry won't exactly have to go on welfare. Even the youngest of the Queen's children Edward is not exactly poverty stricken. Harry can afford those "good sized" homes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #373 on: December 23, 2018, 11:20:53 pm »

I admit I get fed up when I hear things like how Harry won't have it as good as William. He will have millions coming in one way or another, of that I am sure.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #374 on: December 23, 2018, 11:43:30 pm »

@meememe maybe I was tired reading in celebitchy that Meghan deserved a room (the house?) In Anmer because why should she suffer like a sardine in sandringham? And do not forget she is a pregnant woman!

I am not sure on the details of that estate but if Harry wanted a similar deal as Will (wife family close at christmas) I am sure they could have done something. As it is he will have to suffer like a "a sardine" in a room that is probably grander than all the houses I have lived in my life. Poor Megs  bored3

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2018, 10:30:02 pm »

The writer who talked about their being like "sardines" must be totally deluded. Or sarcastic. I hope the latter.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2018, 11:21:30 pm »

I wonder why the press goes along with this when they know of the absurdity that the idea that the BRF is somehow too unable to live together and handle being packed in. As if HM only has a three bedroom house in a small town.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:43 pm »

It makes it sound that they have to use inflatable mattresses and sleep on the floor. And Junior has to sleep on the couch so Aunt May can use the bed upstairs. Total absurd writing.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2018, 12:36:38 am »

I dunno anything about the lodgings at Sandringham.  Never been there.  But, I have read horror stories about the place not being quite as luxurious as some are used to.  It's kind of a test of HM's isn't it to see who can be more rough and outdoorsy?  And then the incessant bagpipes?  Or is that somewhere else.

Anyway, and to stay on topic, is Kate staying there or not?  I've lost track.  I think she and family are going back to Anmer and Sparkles and Harry stay with the Queen and group.  If so, would love to be a fly on that wall.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2018, 12:44:21 am »

^ Anmer is right there on the estate, the Cambs country place is basically Sandringham (just not the main house).
The bagpipes are at Balmoral I think.

There might not be space at Anmer if the Midds and Pip with family come, though they could also come over on boxing day.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: