Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:38:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's "fear" of public speaking  (Read 20319 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »

I am not so certain that Kate is settling into royal duties. She has had "spurts" then would back off for one reason or another (not just pregnancies). William I think wanted to keep that ambulance job but I think the Queen cracked down and told him he needed to go full time. She had KP renovated a few years ago because she thought he'd go full time but he decided he missed copter flying and backed off from work. Kate went to University and should have had a required public speaking course. Meghan has worked and been out there and not had excuses made for her like Kate did.  Kate needs to be doing this on a regular basis. I would not discount another pregnancy.  Kate and William can do better with their public speaking and should still get instruction in it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:58 am »

Thing is Sandy, Kate didn't go to university as a serious contender who would have had to get training. As for public speaking, I'm sure she did have to make some speeches, but clearly, she didn't continue since she didn't have a ring and I don't think the palace cared at all about her. William went as a prince and should have been required to take coursework, but regrettably he didn't bother to build on that either. I believe Kate wasn't at all contacted by the palace to get training since I do not believe William was certain that she was 'the one' and I do not believe anyone in the palace planned on taking her under their wing. Kate was not taken in and trained because Kate was not viewed as a serious candidate for marriage. As for the post-2007 reconciliation, I still do not think she was trained since she was not an official fiancee. Even when she was engaged, she was in fact kept away instead of being taken into Buckingham Palace.

As for William, he loved playing at being a toy soldier, but I think he still thinks he's too good for mundane day to day duties. I also think the palace courtiers are no longer worrying about Kate's rep (since it's already trashed) and I believe Meg is going to get better treatment because she is out there working and making a genuine effort. At this point, any kind of instruction would be fruitless since their personalities are set and have fully developed. It's their choices that became who they are, but they had their chances when they were young to grow up, but each threw it all away.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2019, 09:10:52 pm »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge open V&A Dundee

Speech starts at 1:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuvXFLgrLk
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2019, 12:23:31 am »

Just listened to the speech now. I don't think it's one of her best speeches, but only because I could hear her slip up a few times and mispronounce/stumble over a couple or so words.... although I don't really know what to make of it. I guess it was ok. Maybe the kids/Louis are keeping her up at night??....  dontknow
sandy
Princess

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2019, 12:28:42 am »

It shows she has not really tried to improve her speech skills. I don't think she chases around the kids, the nanny does and Kate may go away for a vacation soon
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2019, 01:08:45 am »

She really needs to practice her speeches ahead of time.  She was reading it verbatim, not “delivering” it with feeling and emotion, as if she believed in what she was saying.   Very amateurish presentation.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2019, 02:29:33 am »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge open V&A Dundee

Speech starts at 1:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuvXFLgrLk

A speech by The Duchess of Cambridge at the opening of V&A Dundee
https://www.royal.uk/speech-duchess-cambridge-opening-va-dundee

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2019, 03:45:12 pm »

I just now clicked on the link to Kate's speech.  I think she's doing fine.  Public speaking is the number one phobia. She's doing a heck of a lot better than I would.  And her content is about the V&A and not about herself, so that's a big positive right there compared to some other "royal" speakers.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2019, 09:53:17 pm »

She has low numbers. Nothing wrong with getting a speech coach to gain more confidence.  The royals do talk about themselves--what they like and so on. Kate is lazy.
Val
Princess

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2019, 12:47:50 am »

She isn’t good at speechmaking no matter how much help she has.  Unfortunately for her Meghan is very good at it which leads to much comparison.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2019, 05:06:33 am »

She's a noitwhit who, knowing that Wills wife would have to do public speaking, still stayed his lazy limpet until he foolishly married her. It's typical of her not to have improved on herself because she's gotten to where she is by being at Wills beck and call and has the pr team of the royal family to boost her image when she's ust a very mediocore woman.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2019, 01:03:44 pm »

huh  I'm not seeing what's so bad about her speech, after having watched it.   huh
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: