Royal Gossip
August 16, 2018, 02:54:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugby Portobello Trust December 12  (Read 1352 times)
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:11 am »

easter-lol

Barnabe et Kitty...
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 01:45:51 am »

After watching the vid in the DM article I noticed one glaring lack of respect/sign of snub: no courtesies!  snob Lips Sealed
Not from the fist lady who greeted her outside of the car and did the intro to the headmaster and deputy headmistress in front of the building, and again no curtsey from the female... huh

Are they by protocol only required to do that when William is around as well (him being a born royal, I clearly recall PM May doing it in Belgium)
or does she just not insist on it during these smaller daytime visits?
or is it a thing you can just choose not to do at all if you don't want to? dontknow

Anyone know the answer?

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 03:43:03 am »

^ You can just choose to do it or not. Only the Queen gets curtseys at all regularly from members of the public, none of the others get many, little girls presenting posies excepted I suppose. It's completely gone out of style in the last twenty-thirty years, IMO.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 10:09:08 am »

A man forcing bystanders to clap for Wasty. nervous
https://78.media.tumblr.com/28e5cf1ca76a4a659b08e75eb71e4425/tumblr_p0ut6hGeVZ1wp32seo4_400.gif
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 10:59:19 am »

From the gif looks like those people was clapping before the man looked at them .

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 11:05:01 am »

^^^ By protocol and rules, only the Winds amongst themselves have rules for courtseying (and royals amongst each other), anyone else can do as they choose: if they want to, they can, if they don't want to courtsey, they don't have to (or nod their head instead). That applies to people who meet Liz too, not just the others.

Even the PM doesn't have to courtsey (I think, pretty sure actually). Most choose to courtsey to Liz out of respect. Don't know whether a PM or president (or wife) has to courtsey to royalty on trips, I'd guess "no" though.

The Dutch are the most modern, my understanding is they have abolished courtseying completely, except for foreign royal visits (if they drop it, some other royal who hasn't abolished it may see it as snub/ insult).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: