Royal Gossip
April 22, 2018, 10:53:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am starting my small book publishing company - need advice from you all  (Read 741 times)
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

^ Shocked Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Shocked    Oh, well, I was avoiding it like the plague but deep down I suspected I would have to go for an LLC or Corp. I now need to make another list of questions and call my advisor. It's seemingly never ending with an LLC!!! But I don't wanna do it!!! Waah! tehe Okay,time to grow up! Off I go then... tehe

At least I can do a lot of the work myself so I can keep costs down. I can target social media, design the book covers myself, I am reading about advertising via contacting radio stations for interviews, free YouTube commercials (I still need more info on this), I can approach magazines and ask for book reviews (I had forgotten about this)... but I find I won't do a professional job with the editing. That is something I need to hire a real pro to do.

I just might start with Sole Proprietorship and publish my own work as I get the info I need for an LLC that way I can start publishing straight away.  I don't want to wait any longer. You know that horrid P word don't you? Procrastination. I've finaly kicked it's a*s!  laugh

Thanks again for all the help, ladies.  Your responses have inspired me tremendously.  hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 08:59:48 pm »

Stupid rules. easter-bunny

Well, at least my tall blonde will help me with all of the research I now have to do....  loveshower and my little monster will, too..  loveshower
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:05:02 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 09:09:11 pm »

Sounds like you have what is needed most:  enthusiasm, smarts and a positive attitude.

The LLC won’t be as awful as you imagine it to be.  I promise.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »

It sounds like you know from personal experience. Have you formed your own company? loveshower  And the LLC is horrible with even more rules to learn!    Shocked  It takes A LOT of research and time to form one. So now I will have to sleep an hour less each night to fit in learning about the formation of this monstrosity. Yes, I know I'm being over dramatic. Embarrassed tehe 

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 10:02:21 pm »

I'm late to the party but I like Neo Publ (he took the red pill and was woke! easter-lol), Wolf Publ, Open House Publ is good too.

Flaming sword gives me the same associations as it does for Yooper, kind of historical (fantasy) romance!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:01 pm »

^^Yes, I formed an LLC once.  It was the smartest move I made considering the options for hazards available.  It did require an atty and lots of signatures but not that bad.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 10:29:29 pm »

^^ At first Neo Publishing was my favourite but now I am thinking of the other two I mentioned. I don't know if I can legally use the name Neo Publishing but I will ask my advisor. Great! Now I am considering Neo again!  tehe It was easier when I was considering only two names. tehe

So now the options are:
Neo Publishing
d'Glamorgan Publishing
Gritty Grim aka GG Publishing  Shocked Jajaja! I dont know which to choose. Maybe I will dream on it to decide.  Spooky, I know, but sometimes it works for me. Embarrassed

^I am reading about converting my sole proprietorship to an LLC, a Corporation or a single-member LLC (whatever that is)...  and all I read is how wonderful if time consuming it is to form the LLCs. YooperMod, you about have me sold! btw what type of business did you own?

^^PS I just realised you got the inference!   thumbsup
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:33:23 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 10:33:09 pm »

^It was a construction project.  But, it involved naming rights, profit sharing, other people and, mostly, protecting my personal assets and rights.  Worth the process I can assure you.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 10:34:30 pm »

Sounds like it was a major project.  thumbsup

Barnabe et Kitty...
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 08:24:36 am »

deGuernsey, not to spook you but the publishing, especially with the print to order type of online publishers, the publishing companies make a difference in what they offer to authors like me. I am now with one who has a good track record for getting you on the New York times best seller list. He isn't inexpensive but gets the job done from what I can see. We'll see if I get accepted and if I get to the list but once you consider taking on authors - it could be a good idea to know why they will choose you.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 11:23:47 pm »

^ Thanks for the information.  thankyou I've been busy all day but I am going to spend the next three hours just studying about business and putting together projects for publication. This is really starting to turn out fabulously. .... I just keep telling myself to focus more and work faster.... this is awesome.  loveshower loveshower loveshower

Thanks everyone for the tips and responses.  hug easter-bunny

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 08:40:45 pm »

announcement Guess which book/story I am publishing?   :*butt*:   work   :*butt*:   :*butt*:   :*butt*:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:43:31 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 05:35:29 pm »

So, I spoke to my mentor and he agreed with me.  Self-publish the less controversial work whilst I establish my business. He suggested an LLC to protect my assets in case of possible lawsuit. He also suggested liability insurance. $300 - $400 for about $2million in coverage. He said it would be worth the cost. I do agree although I don't want to spend the money on it. tehe I'd much rather buy a nice pair of earrings or a ring. Yes, it will be a  small, chintzy diamond or beautiful blue topaz but, well, there it is. I will buy the insurance.

He made many good suggestions and some that really didn't relate to me and even some that I blanked out on. laugh

I told my mentor I wanted to write a true story. A controversial story. I asked him for advice and he said I should write the story, make sure I have a good publishing attorney who will back me the whole way, and then go for it. I told him much has already been printed online, in magazines, said on the telly even about this matter but I have a different perspective. I told him WHY I have this perspective. He repeated his words and said, go for it.

Yes, we agreed on my plans. So, now, among my published works will be the story I've been itching to write: call it what you will... but I am going to write about this mess against Prince William. I will also touch on the matter of (possible) surrogacy.

Even though I have never met my deHavilland cousins in England I'm going to be reaching out to them... Yes, and not just them... Molyneux, Dow, Haviland, Mckenzie, , my Basque/Spanish cousins... in America, Canada, UK, Spain... eating cookies

I am really excited about this project. And my other projects as well.... I'm rather prolific. I was thinking of posting one of my short short subjects for feedback. Hope no one minds. It's VERY short. flower

Barnabe et Kitty...
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:36 pm »

I can't wait!
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 07:22:47 pm »

^ flower

I am now working part-time on The Book tehe. I have a lot of other projects I am working on, most of which I am wrapping up so it will give me more time to write. I am looking for a copy editor who will help me bring the final manuscript to publication. I think I need a miracle worker. tehe   btw, Miss Mystery is going to make an appearance and I will explain why I say PW has a love of his life that isn't the two usual suspects...     eating cookies  

MM... that's a strange name....  tehe  but I do believe the ever elusive MM is the same woman I am going to write about.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:25:06 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 08:16:36 pm »

Do you think Meghan is William's miss mystery? That would be an interesting twist.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 01:34:28 am »

No. And I don't believe she is PHs either. eating cookies   IMO sparkles was put/helped to be by PHs side.  I don't expect it will last.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:36:59 am by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 08:41:38 pm »

I was told I am mean for writing a book and screenplay about PW, KM, the pregnancies, etc... one person even said something which left me floored but I will tell you what that was later.... He said two very stupid things to my face which left me irritated. Jajaja! And then I decided no one has that power over me and so I continue on.  easter-bunny

I know a person who is a stooge for a criminal who is the bytch of a bigger criminal who has ties with druggies, etc in London and L.A. and wherever else the shady mother f-ers do their thing and this person gave me the ugliest looks I have been given in a while and I wonder why? It's not like they are fans of the grifters. I am laughing to myself.

I was reading about jacintha saldanha and suicide. There are figures for both men and women in he USA and UK and the methods most likely used by both genders and slashing wrists and hanging is confusing me. And then there is the tidbit about jacintha's husband and family saying the nurse was admitted to hospital for injury not self harm. They insisted she never cut herself or tried to take her own life so I wonder why the Daily Mail kept writing articles which said it's been said she tried harming herself two or three times... there is much I haven't read yet so it is new to me. It's puzzling indeed. So far it doesnt make sense to me. 

I plan on talking to experts next week.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 04:37:03 am »

And a lawyer maybe. We all know what we know but as people who hide behind a nickname. If you are to go out with public allegations, better to have proof and also get a whistle blower protection if there is such thing in your country.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: