Royal Gossip
September 20, 2018, 12:16:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRST EVENT for Meghan: Harry & Meghan in Nottingham December 1  (Read 5925 times)
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 06:49:17 pm »

She did not need that handbag. I was reading an article that she said to people, "Hi, I'm Meghan!"  Ehhh-yeah, we know who you are  laugh
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 06:50:56 pm »

I'm actually surprised by her reception with the public, people seem way more excited over meg than kate....can she keep it up?
sure she's happy to bend over and pick up gloves for other lowly humans right now, after all, a prince and a ring are at stake. but when, one wonders, was the last time meg ever performed such a service for her fellow humans? it's all exciting now, she got what she wanted, but will it last? There are still TBTSB to contend with.  easter-wink
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »

I'm just grateful there was no Marilyn moment, she could have done something with her hair but at least it wasn't all over the place like Waits on her first day of 'cough' work.  Me thinks Megster will be looking to avoid some of Waity's pitfalls. 
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »

Yeah, she was really practically dressed. I think the handbag was actually kind of cute, as someone who hates going out without my big hairbrush and stuff I can sympathise with her bringing the bag to her first engagement, especially as she doesn't have a private secretary yet!
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 10:37:28 pm »

I just watched the video (I admit I didn't make it to the end) and MM showed just how common she really is. She is a run of the mill, common as muck girl from the states and it really showed today. She is more middle of the road than uptown or princess quality. It isn't going to get much better than this, folks. In fact, her performance was comparable to her acting ability. She was cringeworthy.

It is one thing to be happy, in love and smily face. PH seemed to be anyway (?). This performance of hers was quite another thing altogether and she was loving it much too much and you could see a stark contrast between her and the way PH handled things. That is not good and esp not for a prince in the House of Windsor. She walked the Hollywood red carpet today and that does not translate to a proper royal walkabout.

The best thing was the outfit (close to what I said she would wear) although a more tapered skirt would have looked better. She needs to stop touching her head and her hair. I personally like the idea of wearing a headscarf on a windy day. They can be tied around the neck or draped across the shoulders and fixed with a brooch if necessary when it isn't very windy.

It's the snob in me but with Sparkle you can tell she just doesn't have the "It" she should have for this role. It is what one would call professionalism that can't be taught. It is muted elegance, a calm serenity and she never will have it. It just isn't encoded in her DNA. She is a common American girl who appears to be caught up in the delirium of the Disney princess fantasy.

I also find her fake and phony and not all kosher. I do believe the poster who said she was known as a Harry Hunter. I would cut her slack for being new to this lifestyle and for not having been raised with the understanding of the upper classes or how she is supposed to behave in such circumstances as I assume most people would but only if I truly believed she is there honourably but I don't.

This is MO and to each their own. I will still be shocked if this marriage actually takes place. If it does i truly believe they will be headed for divorce and PH wil be one angry ginger.

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 11:50:39 pm »

goodpost

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2017, 03:09:41 am »

I noticed that there were loose threads on the hemline on her skirt in one of the photos in the Daily Mail article.

At least she dressed conservatively.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2017, 03:36:18 am »

I do give her credit for dressing appropriately.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2017, 04:02:31 am »

I just watched the video (I admit I didn't make it to the end) and MM showed just how common she really is. She is a run of the mill, common as muck girl from the states and it really showed today. She is more middle of the road than uptown or princess quality. It isn't going to get much better than this, folks. In fact, her performance was comparable to her acting ability. She was cringeworthy.

It is one thing to be happy, in love and smily face. PH seemed to be anyway (?). This performance of hers was quite another thing altogether and she was loving it much too much and you could see a stark contrast between her and the way PH handled things. That is not good and esp not for a prince in the House of Windsor. She walked the Hollywood red carpet today and that does not translate to a proper royal walkabout.

The best thing was the outfit (close to what I said she would wear) although a more tapered skirt would have looked better. She needs to stop touching her head and her hair. I personally like the idea of wearing a headscarf on a windy day. They can be tied around the neck or draped across the shoulders and fixed with a brooch if necessary when it isn't very windy.

It's the snob in me but with Sparkle you can tell she just doesn't have the "It" she should have for this role. It is what one would call professionalism that can't be taught. It is muted elegance, a calm serenity and she never will have it. It just isn't encoded in her DNA. She is a common American girl who appears to be caught up in the delirium of the Disney princess fantasy.

I also find her fake and phony and not all kosher. I do believe the poster who said she was known as a Harry Hunter. I would cut her slack for being new to this lifestyle and for not having been raised with the understanding of the upper classes or how she is supposed to behave in such circumstances as I assume most people would but only if I truly believed she is there honourably but I don't.

This is MO and to each their own. I will still be shocked if this marriage actually takes place. If it does i truly believe they will be headed for divorce and PH wil be one angry ginger.

Perfectly said!
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2017, 04:06:09 am »

easter-think
I do give her credit for dressing appropriately.

thumbsup and not showing her bare bottom! Don’t forget how far the bar has sunken.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 04:26:43 am »

^Yes, but this is her first time out the gate and it was freezing. I'm sure she's gonna pull an inappropriate plunging neckline at a state dinner or a slit up to her twat before the year is out.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2017, 05:05:32 am »

https://anonymoushouseplantfan.tumblr.com
The press is giving it to her with their very unflattering pictures on the British newspapers. Scroll down and see how manic she looks. These pictures plus the coat that looked like a straight jacket is painting the picture that she's off her head/mental.  eating cookies  Also the articles about her just ditching people and places without looking back also contributes to the idea that she's as cold and ditached from reality, imo.
Harry looks like he was using an acting technique called mirroring. He takes his cue from Mehgan and mirrors what she does. This gives her the feeling that she's liked and in sync with him. That gives Mehgan the impression that they're good together and she'll continue to live out the fantasy that she's so well loved by him and the British people. I wonder if she took something valuable away from the Aids talk or she was concentrating on where the cameras were and hitting her angles that would make flattering pictures.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
Val
Princess

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 10:56:36 am »

In one article a friend allegedly said that sparkle has long since plotted to snag Harry right from being plastered over the papers for years with her 'humanitarian' stuff.  It will be interesting to watch and let's hope they are wrong and she is genuine but most have their doubts.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 03:54:30 pm »

^Everything about her screams phony to me. I like Harry and I want him to be happy but nothing about this one sits right with me.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »

This is the link to the regarding Val's post.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/887134/meghan-markle-prince-harry-latest-royal-wedding-charity-princess-diana-Ninaki-Priddy

It's the Meghan effect! £455 Scottish-designed handbag Prince Harry's fiancee carried on her first royal engagement is an instant sell-out
A handbag, made by a small Scottish label, has now sold out after Prince Harry's future wife chose to carry the fashion item on her first royal engagement.
Meghan carried a £455 Strathberry tri-colour leather midi tote with dual top handles during the couple's visit to Nottingham on Friday.
A Strathberry spokeswoman said: 'We are thrilled and honoured to see Meghan Markle carrying our Strathberry midi tote in tri-colour burgundy/navy/vanilla.
Meghan also flew the flag for Canada, where she had lived until recently, in a navy, military-inspired number by Mackage that has previously been seen on the wife of Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Sophie.
Embracing her new base, the skirt is from British brand Joseph coming in at £595, while her suede boots are from that staple of the British high street, Kurt Geiger.
The actress finished her ensemble with a pair of elegant black suede heeled boots by Kurt Geiger, a change from the court shoes royal fans are used to seeing on the Duchess of Cambridge.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5138905/Meghans-Scottish-handbag-sells-royal-engagement.html#ixzz507Vg4rDP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
tehe

Keep Calm and Carry On
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2017, 05:28:52 pm »

^ Can that many people in England afford to pay £455 for a handbag right now? I findd it hard to believe all of these women are spending outlandish amounts of money to be just like KM, Sparkle, wtc...

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 05:56:55 pm »

There’s only been one thing worn by a Royal that I considered buying. It was the gray sweater/coat that Kate wore in Canada. When I found out it was $700, it became less appealing.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »

One of the reasons why I can never believe these "item sold completely out" stories (XY-bla-effect) is that the things are rather expensive. Who can drop 500 dollars/ pounds/ euros just like that frivolously on an item some "celebrity" or "royal" wore? Fans are usually very young or very old. Apart from that many of the things K wears are old collections, so of course sold out.
I think it's all a pile of manufactured horse manure to gain publicity for the companies and the people carrying it get it for free in exchange for the publicity (the old deal, we all know it; and we all know that the Cambs take freebies, they've been busted).
ohmy
gossip insider

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2017, 08:43:31 pm »

I'm going to come off of the sidelines for a moment just to speak my peace then back to the seafood low (country) boil & gumbo.                                              First things first, I'm an African American woman from the state of Louisiana (with a Caucasian dad) so how  am I perceived by the world vs everyone else is different. I knew I had  always told to study harder, get better grades , pay attention to traffic signs while driving,  obey  the law,  and Always Put Your Best Foot Forward.  So throughout my life middle school until present day some people take  a 50 minute glance and determine  I am being fake or having motives while  there is none.  She's the daughter of a woman who by all means appears to have her feet planted firmly on the ground (and they are close hug)
And they're gonna make it. (it's the happiest & proudest I've seen him in a while  thumbsup)                 
p.s. when  i'm nervous at a business  function  i introduce myself to people in the room sob sob

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2017, 08:45:44 pm »

^Greetings from a fellow Who Dat!  Hi

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: