Royal Gossip
October 23, 2018, 02:43:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRST EVENT for Meghan: Harry & Meghan in Nottingham December 1  (Read 6457 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »

If she'd been the super cool person we're supposed to buy into, she would've worn a cross body and broken another tradition.

Oh, and not clinging to Harry every 5 seconds.  That'd be a tad more Independent, Strong, Militant Female.   eating cookies
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:12:48 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:22 pm »

Long time i dont post but just heard the news about this engagement and had to come to say how happy i am  easter-bunny

From most comments in most places a lot of people disaprove this women as a royal wife but to me shes perfect honestlly!Since day one i liked her and though she would be perfect for the role so i couldnt be happier with this announcement.It really brough something for people to talk about and judging how happy harry looks i couldnt be happier for him!!

Seeing her today just proved to me why i really think shes a star on the making.Shes beautiful, elegant, well mannered, articulate and knows how to deal with public and attention! It seems to me this ones i a winner and has it all and will be very popular.Shell be a great princess and a prize to this familly.Shes not perfect and has a lot to learn but i think shell do a great job and bring a lot of good things for the RF and Britain and why not say the wolrd as were living in caos right now.Its always good to have nice people trying to help and use theyre image for the good.She may be ambitious but as long as she uses it for the good i dont have an issue with it.

I was positivelly surprised with how many people there were in the crowd and how they seemed so excited to see them.Acording to many Prince Harry is not as popular as he was and he and his future wife are garbage hated by everyone...Not really what im seeing.People love them and i do too.My fav royal couple already!Both look so happy and genuinelly in love.Cant wait for this wedding and the events to come. loveshower

I was anyway  surprised with how fast this event was scheduled anyway.I think at leats a couple of weeks for people to kinda of firm the idea of the engagement and then ok for events.Too soon.But she didnt disapointed at all.She was perfect!!!

I didnt liked much of her looks so far.The engagement one was a loss in y opinion.Would be great for any other event but not for the engament annpuncement.I hated that white coat and i though it was too politician wife look.But i give her kudos for keeping her style and i dont think she will chance honestlly.Thats how she is and im glad shes not giving in for critics to change as i find her style amazing!!!

This look today is ok.I like the coat but is too big for her.The boots just not my thing.Now i do love the outfit.Very chic and elegant.The hair looks amazing!The bag to me is a mistake i mean ...It seemed that she only took the bag to promote the brand and thats one of the things i think she will have a problem to deal with in years to come but maybe she will learn the hard way that RF is not a thing to comercialize...its a role and thats it...I think she will learn quick for good or for bad....well see...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:20:41 pm by camilapitanga » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 02:14:14 pm »

Lol yooper I was excited because I thought she was wearing trousers.  I know that sometimes Anne and Sophie wear them but they are no usual.

I like the coat but the rest of the outfit is dowdy.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 02:22:38 pm »

I like the overall outfit for the simple reason that she dressed appropriately for the occasion, weather and age and status. No flashing, freezing or looking like a loon. Though in videos I found her interaction a bit disingenuous, Hollywood-esuqe, the "omg really? thank you sooo much!! awe!!" type of face if you know what I mean. And she stuck out the left hand quite a bit and clung to H.

Going in front of H and esp greeting dignitaries before him is a big no-no, esp as she's not yet married in, but I'll give her loads of passes. First engagement and appropriately dressed, and already she's done well tbh.

The handbag.. Well I do like that it's not a clutch (nicely mixing between clutches and bags is best imo, though K usually has a handbag which an aide carries and she takes the clutch, works I guess by the "bag in bag" principle), a bit unhandy for greeting crowds, but I can totally look past that.

I'd like to see her wear trouser often too. Break away from the skirts and sillyness.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 02:25:27 pm »

Speaking of that handbag, thinking about her handbag and Kate’s clutch, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d rather the lady bring neither unless she’s the Queen’s age and wants to get her Sofia Petrillo on. What could possibly be in these things that they’d need and that they couldn’t get someone else to hold for them, anyway? I can’t think of one thing.

Isn't Meggles marketing the handbag?   No?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »

^Absolutely.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »

In a general way i like her style and her choices so far.Could be better but its ok to me.She gives me a mix between Rania and Letizia vibes.I like it.I do hope she wears trousers.Well see.

I confess the bag is an issue to me as well not only coz it just doesnt fit the ocasion i mean how can she greet people while holding a bad but also coz it did passes me the vibe she only took it to promote the brand.Marketing.Thats not god in any way.JMO.Also its weird coz i think were so used to see the others royals dressing and with the whole tights, cluch combo that when we see something diferent we automatically criticize.It dont look bad anyway just not practical for me.

I wouldnt noticed the greeting protocol thing unless people told me as im not aware of such stuff but i agree is a mistake and i think she will learn with time, lessons, training and especially critics.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 02:31:33 pm »

^^  Well, then, I do hope that Safe Pair of Hands -- the Queen's Favorite -- Sophie Wessex -- is ringing up the Queen [see? I can speak British] right now and whining, "But you didn't let ME use the royal name to market my clients!!"

eating cookies
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 02:47:36 pm »

First official engament  is done

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/936599161633427456/video/1

Looks like it was a success for them  thumbsup for that

@QueenVicMirror
Meghan on our national sport: “Football is the number one sport for bringing the human race togethe
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:52:19 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 02:55:57 pm »

^Which football?  If she means our football, no it isn't.  Baseball is.  What a dumb thing to say especially with the NFL's PR problems and division right now.

If it's U.K. Football, what does she really know about it?  Gag.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 03:09:36 pm »

^ I think Meghan was talking about soccer, the world's number one sport and incredibly popular in Britain of course. Both William and Harry are rugby and soccer mad. I can imagine Harry watching soccer matches on TV at Nott Cott and talking about it quite a bit, so some outline of it would be picked up by Meghan.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 03:11:57 pm »

^Does it "bring the human race together?"  Kind of an overstatement to me. 

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »

here's more photos of the 2 in Instagram #princeharry
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/princeharry/
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2017, 03:50:43 pm »

I just don't need to hear California hippy dippy language in this group.  No need for more Sermon from the Mount Meghan but I think that's going to be standard.

Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

^^^^ Harry is an Arsenal fan (so I am!) and they are London's best football (soccer in the US) club.  

https://www.arsenal.com

I imagine that he will take her to see Arsenal play one day at their ground in north London.  Their nickname is The Gunners!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:40:10 pm by Spitfire » Logged

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »

Kate was photographed in St Pancras - there's a daily mail article about it - and obv called the paps to try and divert some of the attention away from Megs and Harry.

I like Meghan's rapport with the public, and she looks lovely.

Kate looked smug and haggard on her first engagement http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/24/article-1360259-0D580875000005DC-392_634x519.jpg
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 05:29:04 pm »

And a photo before KM's nose-jobs!

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 06:03:25 pm »

COFFEE HOUSE
Meghan Markle has rescued her prince

Of all the interesting combinations which sexual geopolitics has come up with, that of the American girl and the English man is one of the most enduring, giving a saucy spin to the phrase ‘Special Relationship.’

It started with cold hard economics when the second half of the 19th century saw the creation of the American billionaire – Vanderbilt and his railways, Carnegie and his steel, Singer and his sewing machines. The daughters of such men became known as The Dollar Princesses; girls who came to cold old England bringing million-dollar dowries to reboot ruined stately homes in exchange for the one thing money couldn’t buy them in the brave New World – a title.

By the end of the century, a quarter of the House of Lords had American conjugal connections and such unions had injected around twenty-five billion dollars into the British economy as well as contributing to the bloodlines of such eminent Britons as Winston Churchill and Diana, Princess of Wales.

The enchantment proved mutual even after new money and old houses ceased to be part of the sexual exchange rate. When I was a teenage reporter on the English music press in the late 1970s, my unprepossessing male colleagues would return in a state of sexual stupefaction from work trips to the USA and when they finally re-acquired the gift of speech would report – somewhat disbelievingly, to give them credit – that American girls ‘couldn’t get enough of it’ upon hearing their accents, no matter what class or region; just the fact of their Englishness was enough. And this has been replayed, variously, centre stage throughout recent history in the stories of Edward and Mrs Simpson (infamy), Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman (true romance), Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen (tragedy), Guy Ritchie and Madonna (comedy) and Russell Brand and Katy Perry (farce).
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/meghan-markle-has-rescued-her-prince/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 06:20:12 pm »

I find Meghan likeable and sincere.  It actually must be a tough switch being an actress, and then performing in an entirely different fashion.  I’m pretty sure if she were everything she is not, the level of criticism would remain the same.

bored3
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 06:28:49 pm »

^do actresses ever stop acting?
This is a Hollywood production and not the British way.
She's already annoying with her hippy drippy bs about bringing the world together.  bored3 Go home Meghan and sort out your visa and tax issues now because after one day of this over the top facing to satisfy her ego is leaving me exhausted.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: