Royal Gossip
December 17, 2018, 03:47:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry & Meghan Wedding Thread  (Read 59186 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #560 on: March 13, 2018, 01:12:33 pm »

Maybe he's ill.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #561 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:31 pm »

You mean living in Mexico while taking alternative cancer treatments that aren't legal in the USA?   Well, as long as he's been there -- I don't think that's it.  Naw, more like hiding out.

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #562 on: March 13, 2018, 04:46:50 pm »

Republic have started a petition for the royals to foot the security bill for their wedding. It's estimated to cost more than W&K's. Disgusting that in times of austerity we are having to pay for the security for their massive wedding.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #563 on: March 13, 2018, 04:52:41 pm »

Will and Kate's wedding was in London where there naturally would be tighter security. I don't think any royal wedding comes "cheap." But for Harry and Meghan they are the ones who must do it. I say all should in this day and age. Who gave the estimation buflesse? The wedding did not happen yet so total costs can really not be fully known yet IMO.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #564 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:25 pm »

I don't think the BRF is going to release accurate information about the actual costs.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #565 on: March 13, 2018, 09:10:07 pm »

What do you think if sleeves were added to this tulle and satin dress for Meghan?   
http://www.dressilyme.net/p-charming-tulle-satin-scoop-neckline-a-line-wedding-dresses-with-lace-appliques-71055.html

Really A Baron
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #566 on: March 13, 2018, 09:32:53 pm »

^ That's a beautiful dress. It fits the dress code as the church set it, so alterations aren't necessary for modesty.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #567 on: March 13, 2018, 09:55:02 pm »

^^It's a nice dress, but it reminds me of Kate's and Sofia's (Sweden) dresses, even Madeleine's a bit.

I hope Megs doesn't overdo it with lace.  nervous

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #568 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:59 pm »

^ Madeleine is to me to this day still the embodiment of a "princess" / "princess(y) bride"! The only shame is that Valentino didn't fit the dress properly and the shoulder part kept slipping, I don't know how they missed that during fittings and measurements!

Victoria's dress by Par Engsheden I didn't like at the time, but I've come to really love it, for its classy simplicity and elegance. It was also a beautiful contrast to the very lacey veil. It had a touch of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's Narciso Rodriguez dress, also very classy, simple & elegant.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #569 on: March 14, 2018, 03:07:20 am »

Republic have started a petition for the royals to foot the security bill for their wedding. It's estimated to cost more than W&K's. Disgusting that in times of austerity we are having to pay for the security for their massive wedding.

can anyone sign this petition? why they need such high security? are they afraid of the homeless that they are trying to relocate? the BRF is disgusting beyond all imagining.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #570 on: March 14, 2018, 01:37:44 pm »

The DM estimated it. That says it all to me.

I think a petition should be around for ALL royals to spend less. Going after Meghan and Harry would be a drop in the bucket.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #571 on: March 14, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »

can anyone sign this petition? why they need such high security? are they afraid of the homeless that they are trying to relocate? the BRF is disgusting beyond all imagining.

The reason they give is threats of terrorism, but a huge part of it is hype; the BRF can't just hold a nice ceremony in a nice chapel with a reasonable amount of security, they have to create a huge amount of it to live up to the grand vision they have of themselves. They can't cope with the reality that they are the level of a small monarchy, which would puncture their insufferable vanity. As for the homeless, they want to hide the poor to give the illusion that Britain isn't suffering from any kind of poverty and they want to give a nice image to the rest of the world (despite the fact that everyone knows about the homeless being removed).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2018, 01:09:20 am »

I had the unfortunate pleasure of my local news channel talking about Megs top-secret wedding dress. The news mentioned Stella McCartney as a potential candidate because they recently asked her about it, and her reply was so inarticulate that I can't even remember what she said.  blink

I don't think Stella is a bad idea since it would be her first time designing a wedding dress like Sarah Burton for Alex McQ did for Kate.

Wouldn't it make sense to get an actual wedding dress designer like Suzanne Neville that has experience or a well-known couture/ready to wear evening dress designer like Stella McCartney to see how she could do a wedding dress?  dontknow Did Kate ever wear McQueen prior to marriage? It's a mystery how she went to his successor for a dress.  easter-think

Suzanne Neville has some stunning wedding dresses.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2018, 01:24:13 am »

Who really gives a damn what designer does her second wedding dress.

The only constant is change.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2018, 01:41:49 am »

The tabloid media and all the royal sycophants like Seward and Katie Nichols; then there's Tina Brown and basically David Starkey that historian.

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2018, 01:44:55 am »

^^ laugh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2018, 02:01:47 am »

Really, I'm going to be watching the after-wedding documentaries that follow this mainly since I am such a sap that I literally love to laugh at the fawning that these documentaries provide. All of this is false and symbolic of a dying era. "Modern Majesty" is a particular favorite of mine since I can't get over how wrong they were; it hyped WK up to biblical proportions and WK have fallen flat on their face, nothing extraordinary.

I also forgot that they'll probably feature David and Elizabeth Emmanuel as commentary on the dress. It's only natural since after all, they made "the dress" Princess Diana wore.

I think the hype leading up to this wedding is symbolic of an era that is gone, but one that the press is desperate to revitalize for the sake of their pocketbooks. After all, Diana made a lot of press figures famous and James Whittaker and Richard Kay are famous because of their association with her. I just think of this wedding as one last hoorah before the monarchy kind of dies out, along with the era of royals living lavish lives and trying to get admiration for it.

Those days are thankfully gone and now it's interesting to see how there are so few reasons to continue the monarchy. They're not exceptional at charity (when they deign to show up it's usually to clean up their image) since celebrities and wealthy public figures do charity as a natural part of affluence; they are not exceptionally good-looking; they're not exceptionally well educated; they're not exceptionally brave or even want to be part of the wider world; they're not exceptionally curious or interested in their subject's day to day to day lives or safety (the Swedish monarchs don't seem to care that their subjects are assaulted regularly by refugees) and none of them are even credible on any issues or taken seriously.

This wedding is the last time I believe that a royal wedding will be put up with. Eugene will of course have her royal wedding, but thing is, there's no magic and won't be any major excitement or hype that would usually accompany a royal wedding. Then there will be Fergie there, making a class-A fool of herself to boot. It's intriguing how the Windsors are carrying on, despite the fact that this engagement has everyone of the public seething and resenting the BRF.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #577 on: March 16, 2018, 07:34:45 am »

I don't think everyone dislikes Meghan. But the royals are resented for a variety of reasons but that is for other threads.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #578 on: March 16, 2018, 12:28:20 pm »

Whoopi Goldberg and others on The View discuss Harry and Meghan's coming wedding.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpwmwObWZ8Y
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #579 on: March 16, 2018, 01:29:38 pm »

^  And, of course, Whoopie is making it all about race.   And has to bring Obama into it.   

No one ever talks about the accomplishments of MM, because she has none.  It's all about her racial make up.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: