Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:53:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 20382 times)
Ariel, Val and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #460 on: December 07, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »

And fake too.
^ It is possible that after Brexit Scotland and Northern Ireland will want new referendums and will want out of UK and into EU. That means - there's a chance that the UK and Commonwealth pay more for the upkeep of the keeping up with the Windsors.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #461 on: December 07, 2017, 08:21:37 pm »

All the royals have PR no matter what. Meghan as a representative of a patronage would need to call attention to a charity or cause. that's the way it works.  She is outgoing which is good for a person promoting a charity. Why should royals paid for by taxpayers be cherry picked? On what basis, Divorce? Well then should  tax money be not spent on Charles, Anne, Camilla and Andrew? They all divorced and two of the Queen's children remarried. Basing the deprivation  of taxpayer's fund on some people's loathing of Meghan makes no sense to me.
Maya
courtier

« Reply #462 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:43 pm »

Picking up the tab over here too windsor2 can't say it's something that's cause for much celebration.

I think -and have thought for a long time - there should be a referendum on the monarchy or failing that the British people should be asked where they want their money to go. All the monarchists can send their money towards the monarchy and everyone else who uses vital services like the NHS or education can send their money towards something worthwhile that has a direct tangible benefit in their lives.

I'm not seeing much value for money here at present.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:58 pm »

My apoligies to the Commonwealth.  I neglected their contribution to this institution.   thankyou for reminding me.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2017, 10:07:58 pm »

EXCLUSIVE: Matchmaker who 'set up Meghan and Harry' is seen for the first time since they announced their engagement - but she's still keeping quiet on secrets of royal romance

Fashion designer Misha Nonoo, 31, is believed to be the woman who set up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on a date last year
    DailyMail.com has obtained exclusive pictures of Markle and Nonoo vacationing together in Madrid last summer,  just days after the actress first met Harry
    The two friends took a three-week trip encompassing London, Madrid, Mallorca, and Formentera - the very trip that saw Markle's introduction to Harry
    The Bahraini-born, London-raised designer has ties to the royal family through her ex-husband, Alexander Gilkes, 37, who went to Eton with William and Harry
    Nonoo met Markle at an event in Miami some two years ago and has said that they 'bonded instantly'
    She remained tight-lipped when approached by DailyMail.com on Tuesday and said only that she was heading to the airport

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5152145/Meghan-Markle-seen-vacation-photos-met-Harry.html

Maybe this will help move the conversation on a bit easter-egg-basket
sandy
Princess

« Reply #465 on: December 08, 2017, 12:54:12 am »

As always, a sinister spin is put on this by some of the commentators.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #466 on: December 08, 2017, 01:12:35 pm »

Wow I didn't realize all the Commonwealth countries had to pay for the Royals. Boy does that family have a good gimmick going. Well now my fellow Yank, LA homegirl gets to cash in too. Well it would be anyone Harry marries. But because he cashes in, he is subject to what the purse strings think.  So people speak your mind about this. If he ever gets cut off, he has his own money from his share of his Mom divorce money, Queen Mum estate and what the Queen and Charles will give him from their enormous growing personal wealth. And Meg can always go back to work getting even jucier paying roles as a princess actress. So maybe the future taxpayers will get a break from them. He and Meg will always be wealthy and live fabulously. And that goes if he collects another wife or two down the line.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #467 on: December 08, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »

Meghan's bridal bootcamp: Harry's fiancée is set to undertake HOSTAGE training - and 'hires Michael Jackson's former bodyguard to teach her self-defence'

Bride-to-be will undertake  hostage training from the British Special Air Service
    Will learn how to escape restraints and use micro gestures to send secret signals
    Meghan, 36, is said to have enlisted services of Matt Fiddes to learn self defence
    Millionaire Matt was previously Michael Jackson's friend and bodyguard

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5159623/Meghan-Markle-set-undergo-hostage-training.html

Isn't that the dream of everyone? Marry into a good family, but requirements are hostage training and self-defense classes sigh
sandy
Princess

« Reply #468 on: December 08, 2017, 01:45:45 pm »

They all had to do this.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #469 on: December 08, 2017, 01:48:22 pm »

Sounds like she's training for an acting job. Oh that's right she is.. So do all the Royals have to do this hostage training, or is only the American actress royals.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #470 on: December 08, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »

I can't see Cammi doing this somehow.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #471 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »

I can't see Cammi doing this somehow.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #472 on: December 08, 2017, 01:59:42 pm »

^^^ I think the Fail article is BS myself, especially the bit about hiring Michael Jackson's bodyguard. Meghan probably will be trained later on. All the royals are trained in certain forms of self defence and how to react in certain situations by special service officers at Scotland Yard.

I remember once Fergie slipped and fell after an engagement (always inclined to be clumsy) and Andrew didn't pick her up off the ground but got into the car that was waiting. An aide helped her. Andrew was criticised in the Press for it but apparently part of the royals training is never to stop for any emergency, just get in the car or property.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #473 on: December 08, 2017, 02:11:01 pm »

EXCLUSIVE: Matchmaker who 'set up Meghan and Harry' is seen for the first time since they announced their engagement - but she's still keeping quiet on secrets of royal romance

Fashion designer Misha Nonoo, 31, is believed to be the woman who set up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on a date last year
    DailyMail.com has obtained exclusive pictures of Markle and Nonoo vacationing together in Madrid last summer,  just days after the actress first met Harry
    The two friends took a three-week trip encompassing London, Madrid, Mallorca, and Formentera - the very trip that saw Markle's introduction to Harry
    The Bahraini-born, London-raised designer has ties to the royal family through her ex-husband, Alexander Gilkes, 37, who went to Eton with William and Harry
    Nonoo met Markle at an event in Miami some two years ago and has said that they 'bonded instantly'
    She remained tight-lipped when approached by DailyMail.com on Tuesday and said only that she was heading to the airport

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5152145/Meghan-Markle-seen-vacation-photos-met-Harry.html

Maybe this will help move the conversation on a bit easter-egg-basket

Yes, HRHoyla!   I'm moving on by making the observation that Harry must not be a leg man because Meggles has some of the scrawniest pins I've ever seen . . . .     bored3   easter-James

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/06/14/46C8D89900000578-0-image-m-33_1512570939393.jpg
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #474 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:07 pm »

Her feet are a bit weird too, but she has got some pretty cool  yoga moves. They come in handy at times.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #475 on: December 08, 2017, 02:24:49 pm »

I'm sorry to see you guys leaving the post I've had a lot of fun reading your stuff.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #476 on: December 08, 2017, 03:54:30 pm »

^^ I think I saw bunions, not entirely sure though.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #477 on: December 08, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »

As always, a sinister spin is put on this by some of the commentators.
i understand she wasnt famous at all (including in canada) for papz being interested in her in spain... and misha isnt some sort of lagerfeld or valentino for papz being interested in her pic. so.... dontknow
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #478 on: December 08, 2017, 08:55:24 pm »

Wow I didn't realize all the Commonwealth countries had to pay for the Royals.

We don't. We pay their expenses if they visit but other than that we pay nothing. We have to support the Queen's representatives - in Australia that is the GG and the state Governors but we pay nothing towards the Queen personally along with the rest of them.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #479 on: December 08, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »

Well that seems more reasonable.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: