Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:47:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 20361 times)
Rosella, Val, dianab and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »

I don't get all the upset over Meghan. She is not ever going to be Queen Consort and he is not going to be King and Defender of the Faith. He will do his work as will his wife. And that's that.

OTOH, some just rhapsodize over Charles' choice (once she got the HRH) as second wife. He OTOH is going to be King and Defender of the Faith. And she would be Queen Consort. So it  makes no sense that Harry's choice is vilified while Charles' wife is praised by some as "better" than Meghan. I see Camilla as worse. I think the crisis will come when Charles becomes King (he and Camilla are not exactly beloved by all) and by then Harry's choice of bride will be a footnote. And once some questionable people are let in and once they get the HRH all doubts with royalists disappear.

If Meghan pulls her weight and works and is sincere about doing royal work and follows protocol, I don't see what the fuss is about. She and Harry will never be called upon to be King and Queen Consort. If they pull their weight, fine.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »

BRF no broken engament that i know of ,but you did have Princess Madeleine of Sweden's  and Jonas Bergstrom. As for harry and meghan yes they will be married in May

keep safe
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:17:34 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2017, 04:12:46 pm »

☺thanks for that tidbit. We here in Canada don't know much about her and don't really know her or care to. Amazing the lack of loyalty to anything that girl has. And I believe there is still a lot to learn about Megs. Trust me on this, the grey men etc protect you once you have any link to the RF despite your past -sad but true.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »

How easy is it for Americans like Meghan to become British?

As she marries Prince Harry, Meghan Markle will be working towards becoming a British citizen in the coming years.

It can be a lengthy and costly process - hopefuls first need to secure permanent residency after living in the UK for five years before they can even apply.

Visas, applications and tests costs can add up to thousands of pounds.

Kensington Palace says Ms Markle will be treated like any other applicant. So how difficult is it for the average American?
Freddie O'Farrell and his American partner Bethany Birdsall are right at the start of the process and applied for a fiancée visa just as news of Prince Harry and Ms Markle's engagement broke. It is complicated, they say, and already proving stressful.

Miss Birdsall is at home in Minnesota while the application is processed.
Mr O'Farrell, 24, said she is "killing time" until she comes back to the UK, where she will not be able to work while holding the fiancée visa, waiting instead until she has a marriage visa.

It has put extra pressure on their finances - around £3,000 needed for visas and legal fees.

"Because we have no dependants, we are quite a simple case," he said. "But even for us we are looking at spending a lot of money and being apart for three or four months.

"It's definitely a strain on any relationship, but it's much harder for her because she can't work when she gets here, so it's a lot of waiting around."

Ms Birdsall has previously worked with children of undocumented migrants in Chicago and, when she is legally allowed to work, wants to do a similar job in the UK.

Mr O'Farrell added: "Frankly, the system is very difficult to navigate, prohibitively expensive - though I imagine that is probably on purpose - and very slow."

A Home Office spokesman said the fees charged, to apply for citizenship for example, are "key" to the government's aim to make the system fully-funded by those who use it and "reduce the burden on the UK taxpayer".
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42224147

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #444 on: December 07, 2017, 05:29:51 pm »

Harry has an enormous responsibility to the taxpayers.  Mainly because the taxpayers have no involvement in the decision-making process of who's in and who's out.  And they are there until they die.  They live a privileged lifestyle through no effort on their part and should not use it to complain or ever take it for granted.

So, it's on him, and all members of the BRF to at least provide more than just entertainment.  I believe that's what's happening now.  People are starting to really see how irrelevant the whole pantomime truly is.  Once you've lost respect, once you give away that elusive sense of majesty and mystery, it's game over.  Or should be.

I am not a Meghan sugar, but I don't dislike her either. But I think there have been enough BRF scandals over the years to have lost respect loooooong ago. Andrew alleged pedophile connections anyone? And this is their queen's 'favorite' son? The queen that these people love and respect? Megs is a long way from the biggest scandal they have had. So IMO all those who are saying the monarchy is over because of Meghan are delusional.. blink
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #445 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »

True there are worse scandals of which we all are aware of , so a gold-digger from LA may pale in comparison. But there is something very disturbing in this woman's character, 6 months with her and I am sure Harry will go back to his cheating ways. The honeymoon will be over soon and then the world will see again that both he and his arrogant brother are bad fits.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #446 on: December 07, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »

^You certainly may be right. I don't think for one moment that Meghan isn't playing Harry for all he's worth and loving the media attention. But I'm fairly certain that anyone he married would do just the same. Harry is a big boy and should be able to judge for himself whether he is being used for his position or not. Some people (not any specific person, or necessarily even here) act like Harry is a helpless little boy and the big bad American actress is taking advantage of him. I don't buy that for a second. Maybe he is thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy or maybe she is just putting on a good show, (although I wouldn't be surprised if she did love him in a way) but either way he will have to live with the consequences. I just don't think Meghan is worth all the hand wringing going on in some circles. Honestly it speaks more to all the reasons that monarchy is completely foolish and unnecessary in the 21st century than anything else. eating cookies

As to the fiancee visa discussion, I think that she is going through the normal channels with her paperwork, but the requirement to stay in your home country while the application is processed will be waved. Such is the nature of royalty, the rules that would apply to us don't apply to them.  wopedo
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #447 on: December 07, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »

It'd make sense if this engagement is part of a larger picture. It was rushed and went off like no other before it. There's questions about her background and the lies that were told in the interview. That alone would raise questions of visa fraud. I think that a lot of people are taken aback from this is because Harry said things in his own words what he'd like of a wife and his actions towards women who use him to get press attention has been very contradictory to Meghan. The House of Windsor has lost a lot of respect starting with their disrespect of Diana and allowing their family to do as they please without consequences. Now look at all of the time and expense Meghan will have to go through to eventually become a British citizen. What's the point of this marriage if she'll not be able to represent the British people until after 5 years. Then there's the matter of granting permission to marry in the first place. Charles might've gotten permission to marry Camilla because Diana died but he had to wait years after her death to marry her. That might've been a pr strategy or part of some law. Meghan's first husband is still alive, so I don't know how that'll play out. IMO, there's no plus in Harry marrying Meghan. The U.K. government's cracking down on spouse visas as there's an uptick of British citizens marrying or getting engaged to foreign born people who want to enter the U.K. and get a visa to stay. Documentaries have been made showing how the British people are being duped by this scam. The queen isn't going to help Meghan bypass the immigration laws as stated on numerous occasions by the BBC and Harry's press team.
I believe that the engagement interview got her to admit that her ethnicity hasn't been an issue as that one thing seems to be the sticking point in her still being around after that ridiculous statement was issued. She plays the race card and other things over the year she's been linked to Harry. An engagement can be broken and there's quite a few reasons that can be used in this case.
Yes, the British royal family can have people throughly veted and still use people like Meghan with her dubious background for a specific reason like I believe seems to be going on here, but the public won't be told exactly what that is although I think people have come up with a few good scenarios here.
^I think with the hot topic of immigration and Brexit and Trump telling Britain to get tougher on immigration, that it'll be worse for the monarchy if the people see that they are helping Meghan bend the rules.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:39:18 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #448 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:42 pm »

^IMO permission was already granted for them to marry. The Archbishop of Canterbury has already said there is no hindrance to them marrying in a church. I know that some people are very upset by this engagement, but I don't think there is a 'bigger picture'. The reality is that Harry wants to marry her, the queen has apparently given permission and Clarence House announced the engagement. It's happening. For better or worse. So short of getting rid of the monarchy (which I think would be great), there is nothing left for the public to do but accept it.  Embarrassed
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #449 on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:41 pm »

A reminder to all posters.  This is a gossip site not a court room requiring litigation.  In addition, all views are to be respected and not belittled or name callef under veiled generalizations. 

I don’t like to see the temp rising in some posts.  Be polite, respectful of other posters, discontinue the comparisons to other people or I will lock this down for a cooling off period.

It’s supposed to be fun!  Ok?  Thank you.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »

^^umm, no, the public doesn't have to just accept it.  flower It didn't happen with Brexit so why should it happen with the royal family? I'd love to know why Harry has disrespected her the few times they've been in public? I'd also like to know why, if we take that interview at face value, why she's never been seen with him out and about around London like he's been seen with his past girlfriends. 2 and 2 doesn't equal 4 with this situation. One thing this has done has stopped talk about Harry being king material. That alone could be a reason for this.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2017, 06:58:47 pm »

It'd make sense if this engagement is part of a larger picture. It was rushed and went off like no other before it. There's questions about her background and the lies that were told in the interview. That alone would raise questions of visa fraud. I think that a lot of people are taken aback from this is because Harry said things in his own words what he'd like of a wife and his actions towards women who use him to get press attention has been very contradictory to Meghan. The House of Windsor has lost a lot of respect starting with their disrespect of Diana and allowing their family to do as they please without consequences. Now look at all of the time and expense Meghan will have to go through to eventually become a British citizen. What's the point of this marriage if she'll not be able to represent the British people until after 5 years. Then there's the matter of granting permission to marry in the first place. Charles might've gotten permission to marry Camilla because Diana died but he had to wait years after her death to marry her. That might've been a pr strategy or part of some law. Meghan's first husband is still alive, so I don't know how that'll play out. IMO, there's no plus in Harry marrying Meghan. The U.K. government's cracking down on spouse visas as there's an uptick of British citizens marrying or getting engaged to foreign born people who want to enter the U.K. and get a visa to stay. Documentaries have been made showing how the British people are being duped by this scam. The queen isn't going to help Meghan bypass the immigration laws as stated on numerous occasions by the BBC and Harry's press team.
I believe that the engagement interview got her to admit that her ethnicity hasn't been an issue as that one thing seems to be the sticking point in her still being around after that ridiculous statement was issued. She plays the race card and other things over the year she's been linked to Harry. An engagement can be broken and there's quite a few reasons that can be used in this case.
Yes, the British royal family can have people throughly veted and still use people like Meghan with her dubious background for a specific reason like I believe seems to be going on here, but the public won't be told exactly what that is although I think people have come up with a few good scenarios here.
^I think with the hot topic of immigration and Brexit and Trump telling Britain to get tougher on immigration, that it'll be worse for the monarchy if the people see that they are helping Meghan bend the rules.

I did not have the impression it was "rushed." I found William's and Kate's announcement rushed and oddly it came out the same day Charles was on a TV show talking about the environment (it was Prime time in the US). It seemed to surprise some people and Charles reacted saying well they've been practicing long enough.

Meghan and Harry will be man and wife and the complexities of becoming a British citizen will not keep Meghan from working or having royal children. She won't be kept "on ice" so to speak until the citizenship is resolved. With the royals there are ways of getting red tape expedited.

I see no dubious background for Meghan, none whatsoever.

There are several reasons that Charles had to wait to marry Camilla and mainly it was not Diana but the Queen Mum who made them wait. She stipulated that no C and C take place in her lifetime. Plus there was the Burrell trial and the letters that made Charles look bad (re: the planning of an "accident" in one letter Diana wrote), plus there was the public (some of which did not like Camilla) and Charles signed up Camilla with some years of work with a PR guru. So it really was not having to wait after Diana died for a few years. Charles was not Diana's widower they divorced in 1996. Charles started the Bolland connection while Diana was still alive.

I don't see many "race cards" being played. There seem to be some issues of her being an American and her non-fans knock her for being one. And then there are the stories fabricated...and "rumors."

She is not going to have to wait 5 years to do royal work, she would be Harrys wife and she won't be kept from working.

Royals have rules bent for them all the time, so the public should resent it when Meghan has an easier time getting citizenship. I think the majority won't care much less storm the palaces for their being "unfair."
Kins
royal watcher

« Reply #452 on: December 07, 2017, 07:00:34 pm »

@ Kins

There was no article about that it was from tweet.  my guess it's not true  what is going on now  people are going on to tumblr who are not big fans of meghan and droping so called "insider"  info knowing those tumblr will eat it up as truth and speard it they aslo will tweet things knowing those same tumblr looking for info like that to speard .

Thank you for clarifying!!  flower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #453 on: December 07, 2017, 07:02:45 pm »

In reply to an earlier post, re: harry being King. Despite people saying Harry should or should not be King He was born the spare and the odds were much against his even having a remote chance of being King. And talk has quieted since Kate and William had the children.

And in answer to Harry not being seen as much with Meghan. Well, as I recall he was not seen much with his other lady friends (other than Chelsy). He was rarely seen with Cressida let alone on an actual date together. He appeared to rush ahead of her and not even hold car doors for Cressida.  I did not see him disrespect Meghan I think some drew their own interpretations on what happened at Pippa's wedding. I doubt now that they are engaged will this be dissected again. I know there were no public fights.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:05:43 pm by sandy » Logged
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #454 on: December 07, 2017, 07:09:55 pm »

^^umm, no, the public doesn't have to just accept it.  flower It didn't happen with Brexit so why should it happen with the royal family? I'd love to know why Harry has disrespected her the few times they've been in public? I'd also like to know why, if we take that interview at face value, why she's never been seen with him out and about around London like he's been seen with his past girlfriends. 2 and 2 doesn't equal 4 with this situation. One thing this has done has stopped talk about Harry being king material. That alone could be a reason for this.

Ok, so the public may not have accepted Brexit, but it is still happening..just like this marriage probably will.   Also, I don't think he has disrespected her, I think that is wishful thinking on the behalf of people who hope the marriage doesn't happen. I don't care too much either way, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »

I think I'll back away from this because at the end of the day, it's Harry who'll have to deal with his very poor choice and how it'll effect his life and those of his charaties, that's if this is indeed a real engagement that'll lead to marriage. It's not good for the monarchy or the British people like myself to pay for and accept an attention seeking user like Meghan as a representative. I respect everyone's posts, but it's not really worth having disagreements over and having to go back and fourth clearing up parts of of my comments that were misinterpreted. Peace.  flower

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #456 on: December 07, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »

^Understandable.  I, for one, however, do stand firm that the last and most important word comes from the good people of the UK and I respect that.  It’s on their tab after all.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #457 on: December 07, 2017, 07:41:52 pm »

144 days  9hours 17 mins  to go  laundry sigh

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:11 pm »

^ where is that dr Who police booth when you need it? laugh
 bored3 still that long!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #459 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:43 pm »

^Understandable.  I, for one, however, do stand firm that the last and most important word comes from the good people of the UK and I respect that.  It’s on their tab after all.

And on the Commonwealth - who actually pay more per capita for upkeep of the Royals.  I don't see what the biggest issue it us with the current slate of Royals. Plenty of royals living everyday lives who are far better people - Harry is just a target for those who seek celebrity and fame. If he wants to be stupid , go ahead it is his right,  
But don't have the taxpayer pay for it. I think Megs rubs people the wrong way because she is too desperate for attention.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: