Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:51:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 20371 times)
Val, dianab and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »

Every article published anywhere can be dubbed “click bait”.  I fail to get your point^.

More woe-is-me, eh?  Getting old.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2017, 04:32:09 pm »

At the end of the day, she believes she a star and most likely expects adulation like she did somewhat at Friday's engagement and when that stops she's going to blame Harry for taking her Hollywood life away from her and make more trouble to keep her in the headlines as she craves reds attention. This marriage is a recipe for disaster that although I should take it face value because it's not really worth stressing about, I still have a hard time believing that it'll go through. No one wins if it does, we'll only the tabloids and gossip sites because that's where the royal's will be discussed and not in the series press where they should be as they should be using their power and resources to help others like Harry's done with IG as his presence opened doors to the organizers who wouldn't have access such without him.
^^any mention of Meghan gets people commenting in droves and people stay on the website longer, hence increasing their advertising revenue. This "romance" is a cash cow for them and it'll be hard to let it go, so she'll be on their website as a fixture I imagine.
^the twit makes a federal case out of everything.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »

^It didn’t help having Camilla call her “a star”.  Sober up, Camz.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

I found it odd too. Camilla could have said she is pleased and left it at that.

Every article published anywhere can be dubbed “click bait”.  I fail to get your point^.

More woe-is-me, eh?  Getting old.

What I meant was it attracts those who want to have Harry and Meghan break up. There are the same sorts of comments. The most provocative was the headline making it look like Harry went someplace with Cressida and left Meghan home. But actually it was an event where various people arrived separately. I see that as click bait.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2017, 04:56:19 pm »

^I see.  But, still.  It comes with the territory.  The girl provides a lot of ammo all on her own.  The media will use it. 

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »

The press has been doing that for a while. Funny how there was no objection when it was said that Meghan was left in Harry's hotel room after he snuck her in and then went to the IG activity. I think that looked worse for Meghan than a headline that Harry's hanging out with his ex at a public event, imo. My point is that the press would've been board with a woman that didn't have so much ammo that Meghan brings and that Harry should actually date if he wants privacy and the press off his girlfriend's back.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2017, 05:26:36 pm »

Camilla is a twit. MM is a star compared to her. Maybe she is happy to have a lower class person in the family so she can feel superior. The star was Diana.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

Maybe it's just me but I didn't take Camilla's "star" comment as a compliment.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kins
royal watcher

« Reply #408 on: December 06, 2017, 05:30:35 pm »

Neither did I-the BRF doesn't take kindly to "stars". Especially from outside their circles.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2017, 05:34:11 pm »

If Harry loves her they can't harm her.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #410 on: December 06, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »

Meghan should not trust Camilla and be careful around her. And stay away from Penny Junor. I remember how Camilla was pathetically trying to play "mother of the groom" and invited Kate to lunch and had an embarrassing lunch with her talking loudly about "advice" she had to give to Kate. I think the Queen gave Camilla the cold shoulder at Will's and Kate's wedding because of that.

Kins
royal watcher

« Reply #411 on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »

Meghan should not trust Camilla and be careful around her. And stay away from Penny Junor. I remember how Camilla was pathetically trying to play "mother of the groom" and invited Kate to lunch and had an embarrassing lunch with her talking loudly about "advice" she had to give to Kate. I think the Queen gave Camilla the cold shoulder at Will's and Kate's wedding because of that.

Not to mention her taking Diana "under her wings".
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #412 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:41 pm »

I don't see those two affecting each other at all.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2017, 12:54:24 am »

Who DOES Meghan have to curtsey to? CHRISTOPHER WILSON explains the etiquette minefield that means she will sometimes have to bend the knee to Camilla and Sophie but never to Zara
Meghan will be expected to become swiftly au fait with who’s above, and who’s beneath, her and Harry. For his part, as guide and mentor, Harry will need to take her painstakingly through the protocol.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5153729/Who-DOES-Meghan-Markle-curtsey-to.html

Harry as her guide?  tehe  Either she doesn't listen or was never advised on protocol because she failed a few easy rules during her first engagement. And the rules regarding curtsying can't be broken because of her being an American. Quite frankly, if this train wreck ends in a marriage, then she'll need to shut up, listen and obey because this isn't a made up Disney family, it's a real live one with ancient rules and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to join it.
Umm, since Harry seems to attract unsuitable women who are either in the entertainment business or want to be, then these articles showing what will be expected of Harry's wife should be a warning to them. It would be great if this whole Meghan debuckle was a warning to not use him and the royal family for their gain when this fiasco hopefully ends with her staying in the States.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:03 am »

It’s interesting to me that the American men I’ve talked to (and I ask a lot) all say, regarding marrying her, “he## no”.  They have seen the type much more often perhaps.  Meghans are everywhere.  You get what you deserve in life, usually, and I don’t see Harry as such a great catch in the first place, so maybe this is the best he can do.

For US women of substance, there are much finer men from which to choose in the States.  It bears repeating that this person is not from among our best and brightest.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2017, 01:19:45 am »

Harry and William never managed to find aristos to marry.  Maybe some do not want to marry into the royal family since it seems like somewhat of a minefield. IMO anyway
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2017, 01:35:44 am »

^Excellent point.  Who would want the restrictions and that intrusive crazy lifestyle these days?  I know no one of my professional female colleagues who would find it desirable.  There’s more affluence, freedom and room for advancement with normalcy elsewhere.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:29 am »

I think it could be that the astros want to swan around and pretend to be fashion darlings like Kitty Spencer and that Windsor girl. They're having too muh fun enjoying their freedom to do nothing but leisurely pursuits instead of marrying into the Windsor clan. Waity's still not flourishing after years married in because she must've thought that she'd be partying and swanning around like she did when she waited on Wills for years, imo. Mehgan's a hard user of people who loves the limelight, but Harry brings her the press for now but in the long run, the press will turn back to Wills/Waity, Camilla/Charles because those are the one's that'll make or break the monarchy. Harry and Mehgan will e treaed as a joke if they marry.
I hope the gossip's true and Mehgan did return to the US. She needs to stay there and get her life together and stop tepping over people t climb up the social ladder.
^true, but having someone like Mehgan possibly joining sn't going to advance the monarchy and losen their restrictions. She's a bigmouth who believes that she can make a difference. She won't. I agree that the monarchy has to adapt somewhat to the times and I believe that Harry was on track with how monarchy can help the people with his IG and Charles really got it right with The Princes Trust, now I've no idea what we're supposed to make of this Mehgan crap. People might be talking about her and the monarchy, but it's not good things, imo.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2017, 01:57:45 am »

^The BRF have really dented their own brand and this addition does not help at all.  I agree. 

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2017, 02:35:15 am »

Camilla is a twit. MM is a star compared to her. Maybe she is happy to have a lower class person in the family so she can feel superior. The star was Diana.

No, she's not - in actuality she's not the monster people make her out to be. Her family has long-standing clout with the RF. It's doubtful she's the kind to turn her nose at anybody, though.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: