Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:50:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 20367 times)
Rosella, Val, dianab and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »

Isn't it appropriate for a woman who just got engaged to look gleeful? Harry looked gleeful too. The "conquest" was mutual.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2017, 11:28:52 pm »

She looked definitely look much more gleeful than Harry. But maybe that's the Southern California thing..  we're a all so gleeful acting here. My point was simply she look way too gleeful to ever let go. This is a much bigger Conquest for her than it is for Harry and nobody is going to convince me any different. She is in it for the long haul even if they run into problems in the future and that's just my opinion. Maybe they will never have any problems and we'll just be Blissful wonderful marriage.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:11 am »

Harry may well think of her as a "conquest." It is not the male that is always the "prize" in the relationship.Every couple has issues or problems, that's life. No couple just sails along with no problems. If they work on the marriage that is the main thing.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2017, 01:18:29 am »

I for one would like to be there to watch when Charles attempts to preach to other people considering...

With how he sons turned out and the histories of their partners, he is looking VERY good in comparison.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:50 am »

Charles had his own awful behavior. Being involved with his friends' wives for one thing. He is no role model. I don't think Charles looks good compared to anybody. There are degrees of awfulness. I don't think very good behavior applies to the Prince of Wales. The only thing he has going for him is he is not lazy. IMO. He is also a great deal to blame for lowering the bar of what is considered suitable in a consort--he got to marry the mistress. After that it was all downhill.

lilaclavender
royal watcher

« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2017, 02:36:31 am »

Forgive me for my ignorance, but does anyone know WHY TMZ would have removed the stripper/masseuse story, considering, I think they are a US owned site? (I assume). The only thing I can think of is an offer of money... or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:30 am »

^It could be because she complained.
Meghan Markle Stripper Claim NOT True
By Holly Nicol | 7:03 am, December 5, 2017

Meghan Markle’s resume does not list “stripper” or “stripping” as one of her skills, despite an erroneous report. Gossip Cop can correct this inaccurate claim. We’re told it’s simply “untrue.”

According to TMZ, Markle is “a Jill of all trades, at least according to an old acting resume that lists a VERY wide range of talents.” The site alleges that on an old resume, which was put together before her seven-season run on “Suits,” the actress allegedly wrote some “real interesting stuff” in the skills section. “Markle boasts she’s proficient in just about every sport, including baseball, golf, swimming, horseback riding, snowboarding and even baton twirling,” writes the outlet before contending she’s “also got some circus skills (juggling) and has a few miscellaneous titles… DJ, masseuse and stripper.”

After publishing that inaccurate claim, a number of other outlets picked up the story. Celeb Dirty Laundry, for example, then embellished an article that had the headline, “Queen Elizabeth Horrified: Meghan Markle’s Resume Reveals Stripping Talents.” In its completely fabricated report, based on TMZ’s false premise, the website maintained that “negative publicity” is jeopardizing Markle’s relationship with the queen. The often discredited outlet further asserted, “These are not the kind of headlines Queen Elizabeth wants to see right now,” adding without any proof that more of “Meghan’s dirty little secrets will soon be exposed.”

Let Gossip Cop set the record straight about what’s going on here. Contrary to the published contention about the actress’s past, a source close to the bride-to-be tells us the story about Markle listing “stripper” on her resume is entirely “untrue.” Tellingly, not a single U.K. outlet reported on Markle’s alleged resume “skills,” and the inaccurate article has since been removed from TMZ’s website. As for CDL, which tends to peddle fake news stories about Markle and the royal family, it simply regurgitated the erroneous claim about her “stripping” without bothering to fact-check it, and then made it worse by manufacturing the wholly fictitious angle about the queen being “horrified.”

https://www.gossipcop.com/meghan-markle-stripper-resume-stripping-not-true/
Gossip is that she has a friend that works at the site. Who knows if that's true. Gossip Cop will debunk reports if they're paid, but they also claim that they do investigative work before they debunk articles. Isn't KP press office supposed to deal with the press for her now that she's engaged to Harry? Because some weired stuff has been going on since the engagement announcement, I still think something's going on, but I won't be 100% happy until this trollop's gone back to America into obscurity. I know that the ryal family aren't made up of people of non repute, but this is too much scraping the bottom of the barrel and goes against what Harry said he wanted in a partner.
I don't get that if she's supposed to be in America unbroken for 12 weeks doing her visa paperwork, why people are speculating that she'll be back in London for the Sentable concert this weekend I believe.
IMO, she reinds me of the movie Pretty Woman where Julia Robert's character was a prostitute who was rescued by the handsom Richard Gere who in a sense wiped the stench from her and launched her as a respectable woman. Mehgan mightve believed that Harry and the BRF will protect her secrets from the press after this engagement but it seems to have unleashed them worldwide. She's been elevated to the hieghts that now hopefully when she falls (her nasty secrets continue to come out), that it stings mightly. IMO, her, Markus and her so called stylist are con artists who use powerful people like Trudeau's wife to climb higher like the BRF.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:56:38 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:46 am »

I do think the victim angle is being well worked over lately.

I was told I wasn't pretty or thin enough': Meghan Markle reveals her battle with insecurities as she struggled to break into acting before casting director told her: 'You need to know you're enough'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5149875/How-April-Websters-advice-changed-Meghan-Markles-career.html#ixzz50RktzIm1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder if Meg will continue her UN work; after all, it would be a tiny bit of prestige for the BRF to get involved.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2017, 03:18:45 am »

What UN work?  She gave one speech or something.  She's not an ambassador.  Even if she was a heavy player with the UN, it's not apolitical and the BRF, contrary to what these new royals think, are apolitical.

I, too, am fully saturated with the endless self-victimization of Sparkles Markle.  It always ends the same with someone saying the same thing about how worthy, beautiful, strong, amazing, blah, blah she is in spite of her endless struggles against the haters.  It's balderdash.  She slept/manipulated her way up at the expense of friends, lovers, friends, the truth and co-workers.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2017, 03:21:39 am »

I think for her, Harry is a way to erase her past and start fresh; leave her past behind and make a fresh start.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2017, 03:34:37 am »

^true, but unlike Pretty Woman, in real life her past is coming back to bite her on the arse. This victimization bs article might be the segway to how she surfed the casting couch. Most of her roles have been about her using sex as a topic, so what she wrote about regarding the woman casting director's pretty much bs. Always wining, always playing the victim, always draging bs into her articles that her pr people most likely wrote when she was building her image as a feminist humanitarian.
comments:
Female81, Dallas, 28 minutes ago
This is essentially told to everyone in that field.
ReplyNew17Rated

Jill01, NYC, United States, 32 minutes ago
Boohoo. Jeez, so much whining

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5149875/How-April-Websters-advice-changed-Meghan-Markles-career.html#ixzz50RqT7bbE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #391 on: December 06, 2017, 03:40:06 am »

^^I agree.  The BRF isn't a rehab center, however.  Their energies shouldn't always be spent on damage and image control.  It'd be nice of someone came on board with some class but they don't attract that faction.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #392 on: December 06, 2017, 03:55:10 am »

Nope, it's down market trash all the way. No one predicted Brexit, so what makes the royal family think that people wont want them to be gone. It's bad when the queen's still alive and the majority of the people polled were indifferent to them. I like the idea of having a monarchy and what they can do for the people, but it seems with this lot, they seem to be interested in their own pleasure that their position affords them. They seem to be coddled and excused for their bad behavior instead of realize that their actions downgrade the meaning o the monarchy. IMO, Harry seems to be the only one who really has to deal with his mistakes in public. Wills' is covered up as it seems like he's scandal free, and Andrew continues to get rewards from the queen. It's sheer madness.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2017, 08:18:13 am »

I think the DM comments (some) border on defamation of character. Meghan did have an acting career but her name is being dragged through the mud. The royals are not squeaky clean.   The sleazy doings of C and C appear to be swept under the rug (by some) and I think royalists (I am not talking about this board) on the DM feel that Harry should have married someone like Cressida. But ironically, Chelsy Davy got really bashed by some and I recall really hateful comments about her weight on some of the board and now she's considered someone that Harry "should have" married.  Meghan appears to some to "threaten" the traditions of the royals but the royals are not saints by any means.
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:44 pm »

You have a point that Megan may be threatening or seem to be threatening the traditions. She is. A Brit royal having been divorced having a big white wedding (even if it is smaller than Diana's,Fergie,Kate,Zara,etc) is breaking tradition. That's pretty over the top for the RF. That is for starters. She has a long public past. She is a Yank and down the line, that will matter somehow. It is going to be different. We are not raised with the idea of the Queen or royalty. We like the celebrity but not real meaning of the monarchy. . In fact with each worse choice this family makes, it is shredding tradition  little by little. Monarchy is becoming a big show nothing more. But maybe it has to go this path. Nothing lasts forever. Ask the Romans. Why we Yanks are in the fall as well unfortunately.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2017, 03:59:34 pm »

Well this goes back to Harry and the image he put out regarding someone who can take on the job. I don't know if he's talking about the media or the rest of it but Meghan has demonstrated that she can't handle the media, hence the statement, and since then, she seems to use the race card or anything else she could think of. Her pr was in overdrive throughout the weird relationship to keep her and Harry linked so she can continue to merchandise/get paid to publicize what she has on and play cat and mouse games. Harry indicated for years that although he'll mix with celebrities he doesn't want them to use him by dismissing women who've done vertually nothing compared to Meghan who courted the press in her VF interview and talked about Harry which is a no-no. So she's either a fall girl to use to make Waity look nice and classy because that's how some people are saying or he put out a fake image but just wants someone who loves the press. I think it's the former because someone who loves the press like Meghan does will get disappointed when it goes away as the focus returns to those above Harry in the pecking order.
'I feel sorry for her': The Crown star Matt Smith says he PITIES Meghan Markle following her engagement to Prince Harry – because 'life as she knows it is gone'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5151187/The-Crown-star-Matt-Smith-says-PITIES-Meghan-Markle.html
I certainly don't and it's not progressive to have a divorced woman marry into the royal family as Matt and others state.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #396 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »

As for any public Sparkles bad publicity, boo-frickin'-hoo.  Get used to it; it's the price of admission, baby.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #397 on: December 06, 2017, 04:08:13 pm »

I was told I wasn't pretty or thin enough': Meghan Markle reveals her battle with insecurities as she struggled to break into acting before casting director told her: 'You need to know you're enough'

Meghan Markle's name has become known around the world since her Royal engagement was announced last week.

But the acting success that gave her the platform to mingle with stars and meet her future fiance Prince Harry may never have come around had it not been for some profound advice from legendary casting director April Webster.

Miss Markle was born in Los Angeles and had been trying to crack her way into professional acting from her mid-teens, but did not start getting regular TV work for nearly a decade.

She reveals how she was often told she was either 'too pretty or not pretty enough, or too slim or not slim enough' when auditioning for roles.

In an old article penned two years ago, which has just resurfaced, Prince Harry's wife-to-be recounts an encounter with Webster, who has hired actors for Star Wars, Mission: Impossible, Lost and countless other box office hits.

The Hollywood veteran helped her banish the insecurities that had blighted her during her early career.

Writing for Darling Magazine, Megan said she was, 'Trying to find my value in an industry that judges you on everything that you’re not versus everything that you are.

Other executives deemed her, 'Not thin enough, not pretty enough, not ethnic enough, while also being too thin, too ethnic, too pretty the very next day', Meghan wrote.
Still in her early 20s, she was struggling to come to terms how she was being viewed and the fickleness of Hollywood, and its obsession with image.

But she said her approach to finding worked changed in an instant after an encounter with Webster that allowed her to stop hiding behind materialism and be herself.

Meghan wrote: 'I had never met her before, and at my very first audition for her, she stopped me mid-scene and said so simply, “You need to know that you’re enough.”

'I was breathless. No one had ever seen it, or perhaps no one had ever called me out, but there in that small box of a room in Burbank, this woman I had never met saw me.

'My gut reaction was to smile. To smile hard. Maybe that would keep the tears tucked behind my draping eyes.

'It wouldn’t have mattered if I cried, because she saw me. She saw all that self-doubt beaming through the self-tanner and excessive blush.

'“You need to know that you’re enough,” she said.

'“Less makeup, more Meghan".
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5149875/How-April-Websters-advice-changed-Meghan-Markles-career.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »

Another click bait article in the DM
dianab
Countess

« Reply #399 on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »

^why?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: